Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 18:25 - Oct 12 with 6541 viewsdazzer

Are awful

dazzer

England on 19:08 - Oct 12 with 4146 viewsChaffRAFC

Horrible team to watch, play boring, awful football and struggled against a bunch of part timers who had 10 men for a fair chunk of the game.

The San Marino game was similar. England should be absolutely walloping teams of this standard.

Three wins out of three but should have been at a canter. Switzerland are overrated with one decent player, the other two are sides I'd expect my old Sunday League side to beat.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England on 19:17 - Oct 12 with 4118 viewsRotherhamDale

Rooney was dreadful. He has the first touch of a baby elephant.

The free kick will mean that he's a world beater again though.

Possession with progression.

England on 19:33 - Oct 12 with 4073 viewsoff2div1

thank goodness Strictly is on now
England on 19:35 - Oct 12 with 4060 viewsChaffRAFC

England on 19:17 - Oct 12 by RotherhamDale

I love how Rooney gets all the grief still.

He's only England's leading scorer and scorer of the winning goal, without which, England wouldn't have beaten a side like Estonia.

If Rooney's bobbins, what does that make the rest?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England on 19:40 - Oct 12 with 4038 views442Dale

England on 19:35 - Oct 12 by ChaffRAFC

He's only England's leading scorer and scorer of the winning goal, without which, England wouldn't have beaten a side like Estonia.

Probably a bit tired.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England on 19:46 - Oct 12 with 4005 viewsBartRowou

Everything's gone: the FA cup, the league cup, the European cup, the Charity Shield, the league and now the England team. Just as well we have Dale.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

England on 19:48 - Oct 12 with 3990 viewstazzydjr

Why is that failure Rooney even captain. He should of been dropped after the world cup with the rest of the fossil's. He's not gonna improve at international level, he's at his peak and should hang up his boot's, personally there lot better footballers in the set-up not getting a chance.

Even a poor performance from the under 21's but least they showed passion at Molineux on Friday, England C should of been fielded for both San Marino & Estonia they would of brought rugby scores to both ties & showed far more passion.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 19:49]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

England on 20:19 - Oct 12 with 3906 viewsfrenzied

if Welbeck had missed the chances Rooney had in the 2 games the press would be hanging him out to dry...Rooney simply not good enough unfortunately hes virtually all we have ...
Login to get fewer ads

England on 20:21 - Oct 12 with 3902 viewsRotherhamDale

England on 19:35 - Oct 12 by ChaffRAFC

He missed chance after chance, including a simple 1 on 1. His first touch was appalling throughout, and he gave the ball away over and over again.

But yeah, if it wasn't for captain fantastic we wouldn't have won.

Possession with progression.

England on 20:24 - Oct 12 with 3891 viewsSaxonDale

When every player is fit should Rooney be first choice for any position? Not for me.
England on 20:53 - Oct 12 with 3826 viewsisitme

What I couldn't understand in the past two games is why we played a diamond formation when we were crying out for width? Against limited teams play wide and create space rather than trying it play tight balls through a congested midfield.
England on 21:45 - Oct 12 with 3734 viewsShun

England on 19:48 - Oct 12 by tazzydjr

Why is that failure Rooney even captain. He should of been dropped after the world cup with the rest of the fossil's. He's not gonna improve at international level, he's at his peak and should hang up his boot's, personally there lot better footballers in the set-up not getting a chance.

Even a poor performance from the under 21's but least they showed passion at Molineux on Friday, England C should of been fielded for both San Marino & Estonia they would of brought rugby scores to both ties & showed far more passion.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 19:49]

How is Rooney any more a failure than the other members of this England squad? I can't see anybody else who, barring a miracle, will finish their career as England's highest scorer of all time. I'm with Chaff on this one. Rooney gets all the stick because apparently it's fun to make him the target. England aren't very good, but Rooney's a lot better than anyone else who could depose him.
England on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 3720 viewsD_Alien

England on 20:53 - Oct 12 by isitme

What I couldn't understand in the past two games is why we played a diamond formation when we were crying out for width? Against limited teams play wide and create space rather than trying it play tight balls through a congested midfield.

I'd guess that Hodgson's trying to get players used to a system which they'd need to be comfortable with when playing against top international outfits - of which England aren't one.

The players come from clubs which play different systems so trying to weld them together into anything resembling a competitive team is a thankless task; so there's no point in chopping and changing formations, when we'll scrape through the qualifiers anyway.

What happened after the Estonian sending off was a bit like what happens when Dale are chasing the game - the system seems to go out the window.

What counts with any system is the quality of the individuals. The diamond formation depends on a really strong player at its base, and Wilshere is a long way from being a Pirlo. And it's already been said, but any top class international forward presented with the chances Rooney's had these past two games would've bagged 4 or 5 goals. I'd love to be able to praise him, but it's painful watching someone who promised so much unable to control the ball from a simple pass. He's still worth his place though, because of his experience and because there's no alternative. He'll break the England goalscoring record by being around long enough.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England on 22:48 - Oct 12 with 3633 viewsbig_dave2010

England on 21:45 - Oct 12 by Shun

How is Rooney any more a failure than the other members of this England squad? I can't see anybody else who, barring a miracle, will finish their career as England's highest scorer of all time. I'm with Chaff on this one. Rooney gets all the stick because apparently it's fun to make him the target. England aren't very good, but Rooney's a lot better than anyone else who could depose him.

Cos tazzy has a vendetta against the senior England squad and
Takes great pleasure in waffling on about it at every
Opportunity while praising the reserves...
England on 23:38 - Oct 12 with 3587 viewsLuke8686

Really don't get all the negativity surrounding our national side - 3 wins out of 3, no goals conceded and top of our qualifying group. From the way some people are talking it sounds like we are doomed! I think we need to put things in perspective. Yes we are not among the best sides of the world yet but there are sides of progress. We are technically much better than we used to be, as we also showed at times at the world cup, and we have some really exciting talent coming through. First half today I actually thought we played well and could have been 3 up by half time, and you have to remember that although we are not playing good teams, away matches are not always a walk in the park. We are virtually guaranteed qualification to the Euro's so stop being so down in the dumps and show some national pride!!
England on 23:43 - Oct 12 with 3580 viewsDiddyDave

What I can`t work out is the fact that there seemed to be quite a few England supporters who made trip. As my old boss at Rediffusion used to say,"I`d rather push a mangle up Whit`orth Valley with a nail in mi shoe,than go to watch them". Why they`re so poor I don`t know as the players are now well into the season and seemingly playing well for their clubs,but who knows,it`s always the same. Bloody internationals,they`re a pain in the proverbial,I`m sure most would rather watch Dale on a bad day than sitting in front of the box watching that shite.
England on 00:12 - Oct 13 with 3554 viewsolympicdale

England on 19:17 - Oct 12 by RotherhamDale

And yet he could soon be Englands all time top goalscorer, ahead of Lineker and Bobby Charlton!

Just highlights that statistics mean absolutely nothing.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2014 0:14]

Life is a game of fate.

England on 06:21 - Oct 13 with 3494 viewsfrenzied

Greaves..44 goals in 57 games ..the most impressive by far for me
England on 07:27 - Oct 13 with 3449 viewswindowsbug

And the worst thing is... The patronising ITV presenters, Adrian Chiles and the rest of that bunch.
Always putting the opposition down, like England are world beaters. Yeah right guys...you need to see a good footballing team.
England on 08:33 - Oct 13 with 3393 viewsScunnydale

Rooney is, sadly, the best striker we've got. My mate collects turds* but there's one he rates above all the others, that's how I see Rooney. He acts on instinct, which works a decent amount of the time and looks spectacular when it pays off, but he hasn't got a brain. If he'd thought about some of his shots, he could have easily bagged a hat-trick.

Thankfully, Andy "Tactics" Townsend told us that Rooney scored his free-kick "when it mattered". I was relieved to hear Rooney had spanked all those other free-kicks over when it clearly didn't matter.

Welbeck had a touch of the Carlton Palmers last night. In the words of Dave Jones, he covered every blade of grass last night, mind you he had to because his first touch was that sh**e.

For the rest of England, it was the same old problem. We looked untroubled but just couldn't break them down. Too many of them didn't do anything wrong, but didn't do anything particularly right either.

Edit: * My mate doesn't collect turds. He's no longer my mate.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2014 9:25]
England on 10:49 - Oct 13 with 3287 viewsNafelad

England on 23:38 - Oct 12 by Luke8686

Really don't get all the negativity surrounding our national side - 3 wins out of 3, no goals conceded and top of our qualifying group. From the way some people are talking it sounds like we are doomed! I think we need to put things in perspective. Yes we are not among the best sides of the world yet but there are sides of progress. We are technically much better than we used to be, as we also showed at times at the world cup, and we have some really exciting talent coming through. First half today I actually thought we played well and could have been 3 up by half time, and you have to remember that although we are not playing good teams, away matches are not always a walk in the park. We are virtually guaranteed qualification to the Euro's so stop being so down in the dumps and show some national pride!!

To keep things in perspective, any of the top twenty or thirty teams worldwide playing Estonia, would have been at least 3-0 up at half-time.

Topcat

England on 11:02 - Oct 13 with 3276 viewsmidlandsdale

I have never understood the Rooney is great debate. When he burst onto the scene with Everton he seemed to have everything, but he has consistently failed to deliver at international level. I have always thought, and especially in the last 5 years, that he is the worlds most overrated player.

He does divide opinion, and the Utd followers will always stick up for him as he has often delivered for them, but much less so these days it seems. The last 2 England games have shown that he is getting worst and not better. I will predict that this will be his last season at UTD as VG will get rid.

I think we should be trying formations without him as he he is definitely on the wane (sorry) in terms of a long term international future. Hodgson should be trying different players now as he can afford to do so given the weakness of the group and the 3 wins in the bag.
England on 11:11 - Oct 13 with 3266 viewsLuke8686

England on 10:49 - Oct 13 by Nafelad

To keep things in perspective, any of the top twenty or thirty teams worldwide playing Estonia, would have been at least 3-0 up at half-time.

At home yes but away from home these can be tricky fixtures. This is the team that held Holland to a 2-2 draw in the world cup qualifiers. Not a vintage performance by any means but we got the job done and we should move on and stop being so negative imo.
England on 11:44 - Oct 13 with 3232 viewsD_Alien

England on 11:11 - Oct 13 by Luke8686

At home yes but away from home these can be tricky fixtures. This is the team that held Holland to a 2-2 draw in the world cup qualifiers. Not a vintage performance by any means but we got the job done and we should move on and stop being so negative imo.

You're right of course. There is too much negativity around the England setup.

I think a lot of it is based on the frustration of watching footballers who perform well in the premiership struggle to do the basics right when they pull on an England shirt. You have to admit, it's painful to watch at times and has been so for a very long time.

The last England side that performed at a high level was in the 1-5 victory in Germany, 13 years ago, and that was a one-off game. The last string of good performances came under Glenn Hoddle in 1998. Since then, we've not really had what you'd call a team, just a collection of selfish egos. That grates with a lot of people, who'd spend several years of their lives earning what these lads do in a week.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England on 11:50 - Oct 13 with 3220 viewsdingdangblue

England on 11:44 - Oct 13 by D_Alien

You're right of course. There is too much negativity around the England setup.

I think a lot of it is based on the frustration of watching footballers who perform well in the premiership struggle to do the basics right when they pull on an England shirt. You have to admit, it's painful to watch at times and has been so for a very long time.

The last England side that performed at a high level was in the 1-5 victory in Germany, 13 years ago, and that was a one-off game. The last string of good performances came under Glenn Hoddle in 1998. Since then, we've not really had what you'd call a team, just a collection of selfish egos. That grates with a lot of people, who'd spend several years of their lives earning what these lads do in a week.

Euro 2004 in Portugal - we looked to have cracked it with Rooney bursting on the scene and playing some cracking football - then Rooney broke his foot and it all went tits up.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024