Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:19 - Oct 25 with 14042 views442Dale

Rose in for Vincenti. Same team apart from that. Rose or Tanser further forward on the left?

Logan,
Bennett
Tanser
Eastham
O'Connell
Allen
Lund
Dawson
Rose
Henderson
Done

Subs: Diba, Rafferty, Lancashire, Hery, Muldoon, Andrew, Bunney
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 14:22]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 20:47 - Oct 25 with 2343 viewsroccydaleian

Match thread on 20:31 - Oct 25 by dalenumber2

Happy days as a Dale fan. We're having a very entertaining season and witnessing some great football and exciting games. I don't really care where we end up at the end of the season as long as we stay in league 1 - just enjoying the ride. Thank you Keith Hill.

Couldn't put better myself. This season is ace. #khba
Match thread on 21:22 - Oct 25 with 2194 viewswimborne_dale

Match thread on 16:48 - Oct 25 by 100notout

Yes. I'd play him in front of Lund at the moment. Lund is not the same player as he was last year, not match fit, heart not in it, won't sign a contract. Who scored the winner at Swindon? Hery doesn't deserve to be dropped imho.

Agree about Hery. Surprised he didn't feature today.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match thread on 21:40 - Oct 25 with 2132 viewswimborne_dale

Match thread on 17:12 - Oct 25 by 442Dale

Biggest thing remains that gap between us and the bottom four. If it remains a three game turnaround required in terms of points/goal difference, I'm happy. Currently it's as good a four game difference.

Don't worry about the bottom four. It's really not our problem.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match thread on 21:41 - Oct 25 with 2126 viewsBrighouseDale

Match thread on 20:31 - Oct 25 by dalenumber2

Happy days as a Dale fan. We're having a very entertaining season and witnessing some great football and exciting games. I don't really care where we end up at the end of the season as long as we stay in league 1 - just enjoying the ride. Thank you Keith Hill.

Agreed, we can sit and debate the team sheets and substitutions until the cows come home, but at the end of the day we're in a fantastic position and Keith Hill is the man who has brought us here. He engineered our highest ever league finish four seasons ago, and I won't be surprised IF* he does it again. Enjoy the ride ladies and gents, Keith Hill's barmy army.

*FGs take note

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Match thread on 00:34 - Oct 26 with 1868 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 16:54 - Oct 25 by Daley_Lama

Who scored the first at Swindon? Oh, it was Matty Lund, the player with no heart, soul etc.

I will leave the message board managers to debate our staff/formation while celebrating back to back wins at Swindon and Yeovil, all managed with Lund and Rose starting in both games.

#unbelieveablejeff

Rose came on as a sub at Swindon, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 01:23 - Oct 26 with 1816 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread on 00:34 - Oct 26 by TVOS1907

Rose came on as a sub at Swindon, tbf.

As always, I can be fallible. I normally am.

On the other hand, I spent 15:00-17:00 today enjoying from my sofa us winning at Yeovil rather than typing self opinionated, I know better than Keith Hill crud. Good luck with that one message board managers.

YAAAAARGH! Still doing it. Smug with it too it would seem.

Even the delectable Steve Evans thinks Keith Hill is a perfect manager for our club. There had to be a downer in all of this somewhere.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread on 09:36 - Oct 26 with 1663 viewsrobbowood

Match thread on 16:54 - Oct 25 by Daley_Lama

Who scored the first at Swindon? Oh, it was Matty Lund, the player with no heart, soul etc.

I will leave the message board managers to debate our staff/formation while celebrating back to back wins at Swindon and Yeovil, all managed with Lund and Rose starting in both games.

#unbelieveablejeff

The Radio Manchester reporter at Yeovil said his man of the match was Michael Rose

He an excellent game against Gillingham and it couldn't have been easy being his first full match for some time. I for one was surprised he was in the team

That we have suddenly scoring goals with headers from corners (sent over by him) is in miracle in itself considering we do not have a lot of height compared to other teams. Our record in scoring from corners has been pretty abysmal most games

Whether he plays or not (and lets be honest he had taken a lot a stick on this forum in recent times - unfairly in my view as Hilly tells him where to play on the pitch) he is worth his weight in gold the dressing room with all his experience

Well played Michael !!!!!!!!!
Match thread on 13:49 - Oct 26 with 1532 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 01:23 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

As always, I can be fallible. I normally am.

On the other hand, I spent 15:00-17:00 today enjoying from my sofa us winning at Yeovil rather than typing self opinionated, I know better than Keith Hill crud. Good luck with that one message board managers.

YAAAAARGH! Still doing it. Smug with it too it would seem.

Even the delectable Steve Evans thinks Keith Hill is a perfect manager for our club. There had to be a downer in all of this somewhere.

So it's "crud" to hold open debates about team selection on a fans messageboard?

The comment about people who do so thinking they know better than KH is utter tripe. We're simply having an online chat about the team we love. If you can't handle that, that's your problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the only downer yesterday was your utterly smug response to a fabulous victory. You, in fact,are the real messageboard manager - trying to manage what genuine fans should or should not discuss.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 20:37 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewsDaley_Lama

D_Alien

The post the peed me off was at 16:48 by 100notout

"Yes. I'd play him in front of Lund at the moment. Lund is not the same player as he was last year, not match fit, HEART NOT IN IT, won't sign a contract. Who scored the winner at Swindon? Hery doesn't deserve to be dropped imho. "

This was as the game was coming to the end.

I've no issue with anybody debating any team formation they like, but when you see a comment like that, for me at least its out of order. Especially at that time, as we were about to win a great win.

I responded to that post defending lund and criticising message board managers, you labelled it smug, Nothing could be further from the truth, I was simply aghast that one of our number could write such a post about Matthew Lund at that time. Or at any time to be honest.

Debate all you like, but don't write crud like that.

p.s. If my post put a downer on your evening then I'm sorry/grow a pair*

*delete as appropriate.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 20:48]

Match thread on 21:52 - Oct 26 with 1185 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 20:37 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

D_Alien

The post the peed me off was at 16:48 by 100notout

"Yes. I'd play him in front of Lund at the moment. Lund is not the same player as he was last year, not match fit, HEART NOT IN IT, won't sign a contract. Who scored the winner at Swindon? Hery doesn't deserve to be dropped imho. "

This was as the game was coming to the end.

I've no issue with anybody debating any team formation they like, but when you see a comment like that, for me at least its out of order. Especially at that time, as we were about to win a great win.

I responded to that post defending lund and criticising message board managers, you labelled it smug, Nothing could be further from the truth, I was simply aghast that one of our number could write such a post about Matthew Lund at that time. Or at any time to be honest.

Debate all you like, but don't write crud like that.

p.s. If my post put a downer on your evening then I'm sorry/grow a pair*

*delete as appropriate.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 20:48]

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on our definition of "downers" - and sorry you don't like inverted commas.

My version of having a downer would probably make a lot of people feel better than they normally do!

That almost certainly sounds insufferably smug - hopefully.

So, it was just the one messageboard manager then? I apologise for misinterpreting your use of the plural.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 21:53]

Match thread on 22:04 - Oct 26 with 1151 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread on 21:52 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on our definition of "downers" - and sorry you don't like inverted commas.

My version of having a downer would probably make a lot of people feel better than they normally do!

That almost certainly sounds insufferably smug - hopefully.

So, it was just the one messageboard manager then? I apologise for misinterpreting your use of the plural.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 21:53]

It was one part of one post in truth, but added to previous crud written about other players by other posters, plural was used.

I simply want to enjoy the best team we've ever had (your words roughly) without reading nasty personal comments while we are winning 3-0 away. If 100notout knows better than Keith Hill that Lund's heart is not in it then fair enough. If not he's being a self opinionated messageboard manager in this instance. Not somebody i would usually single out for this to be honest and with hindsight he probably meant it in relation to the fact that Lund didn't sign a contract extention.

I was here when we were sh*t. So was you. Some of the guff on here lends it to that era not nowadays.

Match thread on 23:48 - Oct 26 with 1050 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 22:04 - Oct 26 by Daley_Lama

It was one part of one post in truth, but added to previous crud written about other players by other posters, plural was used.

I simply want to enjoy the best team we've ever had (your words roughly) without reading nasty personal comments while we are winning 3-0 away. If 100notout knows better than Keith Hill that Lund's heart is not in it then fair enough. If not he's being a self opinionated messageboard manager in this instance. Not somebody i would usually single out for this to be honest and with hindsight he probably meant it in relation to the fact that Lund didn't sign a contract extention.

I was here when we were sh*t. So was you. Some of the guff on here lends it to that era not nowadays.

100notout is indeed a whole-hearted Dale fan and I don't think for one minute he thinks he knows better than KH how to handle players - he's simply speaking from the heart when he sees a player not willing (for whatever reason) to commit to the Dale cause.

In response to my (among others) suggestion that, having played his part in Dale's move into 5th place, Hery might feel justified in speaking to his agent after being omitted, ColDale was right in pointing out his best interests lay in staying put whilst KH developed him towards his full potential. Many of us feel the same about Lund, and perhaps the last few minutes of a resounding victory are quite a good time to point up the fact that Lund should be bloody grateful for his place.

It's nothing to do with "messageboard managing" though - simply a heartfelt expression of wanting the Dale family to value their shirt, especially when the side are playing great football.

Match thread on 07:48 - Oct 27 with 935 viewsDaley_Lama

Ok.

Imagine if you will a coach load of Dale players stuck on the M5 on a saturday night returning for the second time with 3 points from down south.

Having done their civic duty of thanking the thankers on twitter and facebook one of them decides to read the match thread on the only Dale message board of note to bask in the feel-good factor that is surely to be had.

"Oi Matty. One of our lot reckons you shouldn't be playing because your heart is not in it"

I've no doubt in anyway that 100notout is a true Dale fan and as above, he/she is not a poster i would ever associate with talking tripe but i equally know the above scenario happens and healthy debate leads to annoyance and then the manager criticisng messageboard managers and then fans getting uppity because he dare to criticise their right to critcise ad infinitum.

We could 'healthy debate' til the cows come home, i'm done and will leave it as me being both irritated and smug.

Match thread on 09:13 - Oct 27 with 875 views442Dale

Until September the only thing heard on the coach home was "George, they're up to four pages already".

Match thread on 10:32 - Oct 27 with 788 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 07:48 - Oct 27 by Daley_Lama

Ok.

Imagine if you will a coach load of Dale players stuck on the M5 on a saturday night returning for the second time with 3 points from down south.

Having done their civic duty of thanking the thankers on twitter and facebook one of them decides to read the match thread on the only Dale message board of note to bask in the feel-good factor that is surely to be had.

"Oi Matty. One of our lot reckons you shouldn't be playing because your heart is not in it"

I've no doubt in anyway that 100notout is a true Dale fan and as above, he/she is not a poster i would ever associate with talking tripe but i equally know the above scenario happens and healthy debate leads to annoyance and then the manager criticisng messageboard managers and then fans getting uppity because he dare to criticise their right to critcise ad infinitum.

We could 'healthy debate' til the cows come home, i'm done and will leave it as me being both irritated and smug.

Fair enough, but the squad will be neither irritated nor smug, because they'd have already grown the balls required to perform at a professional level.

Sorry your Saturday afternoon was spoiled, but maybe you should take the advice you dish out to others and grow some too.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 11:55]

Match thread on 10:44 - Oct 27 with 770 viewsrobbowood

Match thread on 16:48 - Oct 25 by 100notout

Yes. I'd play him in front of Lund at the moment. Lund is not the same player as he was last year, not match fit, heart not in it, won't sign a contract. Who scored the winner at Swindon? Hery doesn't deserve to be dropped imho.

I have seen no sign whatsoever of Matty Lund "heart not in it" in fact exactly the opposite

Kindly provide some evidence

As far as I am concerned he has never given less than 100% and is a great credit to himself and the club

Not 100% match fit against Barnsley most likely yes - but how could it be otherwise after his lengthy lay off. Once he gets match fit I am sure he will be just as good in this Division as he was last season

As for 'won't sign a contract' maybe so - but that isn't to say he isn't in negotiations with the club unless you know more than the rest of us

If Matty hadn't scored the first goal at Swindon then Hery couldn't have score the winner
Match thread on 11:08 - Oct 27 with 745 views442Dale

Match thread on 10:44 - Oct 27 by robbowood

I have seen no sign whatsoever of Matty Lund "heart not in it" in fact exactly the opposite

Kindly provide some evidence

As far as I am concerned he has never given less than 100% and is a great credit to himself and the club

Not 100% match fit against Barnsley most likely yes - but how could it be otherwise after his lengthy lay off. Once he gets match fit I am sure he will be just as good in this Division as he was last season

As for 'won't sign a contract' maybe so - but that isn't to say he isn't in negotiations with the club unless you know more than the rest of us

If Matty hadn't scored the first goal at Swindon then Hery couldn't have score the winner

Lund didn't play that well in pre-season or before he get injured, but players suffer dips in form. It happens.

Plus he's got the cursed no.8 shirt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024