Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad news! 20:40 - Nov 20 with 2377 viewsroccydaleian

For Littleborough based drinkers and football in general. Just found out ex pro goalkeeper Iain Hesford has passed away. R.I.P Big fella .
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/sad-news-2093726.aspx
Sad news! on 20:52 - Nov 20 with 2295 viewsgresh1

Sad news indeed. Was talking only last week about the Fleetwood match and where to stay. Stayed in the B&B next door to Iain's B&B last time and so we decided on Iain's this time round. R.I.P Iain.
Sad news! on 21:09 - Nov 20 with 2226 viewsTVOS1907

Heard about this yesterday, but waited for the news to officially break before commenting.

A genuinely nice guy who was an excellent pub landlord in Littleborough, before returning to Blackpool to run a B&B.

Whenever he was ribbed about his career, he had one simple response: "You idiots paid to watch me!"

Remember him playing for England U21 in 1982 and then at Spotland three days later. Dale beat Blackpool 3-1 on a mudbath and SHOOT magazine ran a story contrasting his week - helping the U21s qualify for a finals tournament and then having three stuck past him by the likes of Micky French.

Iain loved all sports and had time for everyone in his pubs. He was always interested in Dale and it was revealing to listen to an ex-pro's perspective on games.

RIP Iain

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sad news! on 21:16 - Nov 20 with 2202 views442Dale

He played for Maidstone in April '92 on a night many remember as the game it all went wrong. He was one of those classic 80s keepers everyone knew. Sad to hear.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sad news! on 21:46 - Nov 20 with 2122 viewsTVOS1907

Sad news! on 21:16 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

He played for Maidstone in April '92 on a night many remember as the game it all went wrong. He was one of those classic 80s keepers everyone knew. Sad to hear.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 21:47]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sad news! on 06:23 - Nov 21 with 1858 viewsaleanddale

Bloody ell 54 is no age at all.

RIP Iain.

Condolences to his family and friends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024