Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shit happens 17:24 - Nov 22 with 6147 viewsD_Alien

And yes, there'll be pages on here about the referee. I joined in with "2-1 to the referee" with the rest of the TDS

And yes, Doncaster had some dubious ways of attracting free kicks. Can't comment on the sending off until I see it again

But let's be clear about one thing. We lost the game, not because of either of the above, but because Doncaster were the better team. Today at least, they were more skilful than us, faster than us, stronger than us. Defeat hurts, but unlike the majority I stayed till the end and applauded our lads off the pitch because we can hold our heads high and regroup.

Shit happens at any level of football, but in League One you'll come up against teams with players proven at championship level, and today it showed. Doncaster will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We can learn from today and be there too.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shit happens on 17:29 - Nov 22 with 3198 viewsDaley_Lama

100% agree.

Makes a change.

Poll: DF in or out

Shit happens on 17:34 - Nov 22 with 3159 viewsYouTubeDale

I don't think you can say that we lost the game because Doncaster was a better team, that it didn't really matter we had our main striker sent off. I thought they were a good side, unlike others, but the game turned completely on that sending off decision. We don't know how the game would have panned out. Hilly would have had a game plan to beat them but then that went out of the window when we went down to 10 men. It's almost as if you are disrespecting Hill's ability to change/win a game.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 17:34]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Shit happens on 17:35 - Nov 22 with 3132 views1mark1

I agree we lost to the far better team today, but I honestly believe it was more due to our poor performance and tactics etc. Yes Doncaster played well for them, and tactically were spot on, against a poor Dale team.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Shit happens on 17:39 - Nov 22 with 3080 viewsD_Alien

Shit happens on 17:34 - Nov 22 by YouTubeDale

I don't think you can say that we lost the game because Doncaster was a better team, that it didn't really matter we had our main striker sent off. I thought they were a good side, unlike others, but the game turned completely on that sending off decision. We don't know how the game would have panned out. Hilly would have had a game plan to beat them but then that went out of the window when we went down to 10 men. It's almost as if you are disrespecting Hill's ability to change/win a game.

Aren't we allowed to lose to better teams?

Keith Hill is a managerial force of nature at our level, but he can't walk on water?

I'll be as disrespectful as I want - as most of you know - but not today. Outplayed, that's all.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shit happens on 17:43 - Nov 22 with 3038 viewsDomDale

Could be worse. Could be Bury and calling for Flickers sacking...

[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 17:43]

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Shit happens on 17:44 - Nov 22 with 3021 viewsdalenumber2

Shit happens on 17:39 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Aren't we allowed to lose to better teams?

Keith Hill is a managerial force of nature at our level, but he can't walk on water?

I'll be as disrespectful as I want - as most of you know - but not today. Outplayed, that's all.

Agree with this. From where i was it looked like a certain red card before the ref got it out of his pocket. Doncaster were better than us from the start and although they messed up a few times in front of goal,they had us on the back foot throughout the second half.
Shit happens on 17:44 - Nov 22 with 3016 views442Dale

He didn't get things right from the start. That's not being disrespectful, merely an opinion. The wide players were too deep and Andrew was isolated too often. Look to Northampton for how a front three can play close together and cause problems. Done seemed more concerned at protecting Rose.

Also, when we went down to ten we didn't look anything but hopeful rather than comfortable playing with a man less.

I wish the game plan would involve Bastien Hery at least getting off his seat to warm up later in the second half.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 17:46]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shit happens on 17:45 - Nov 22 with 3009 viewsSwissdale

Aside from the first 10 minutes, we were second best today. We could easily have been 4-1 down at half time, with Michael Rose being caught out time and again by their right winger.

I don't think Calvin Andrew should be anything other than a last resort, doesn't have the quality to compete with league one defenders.

It leaves a sour taste in the mouth that the goal led from a ridiculous decision by the ref, but the goal was definitely coming. Having nobody up front at all meant the ball just kept coming back to us, Lazarus looked tired and possibly Hery/Muldoon should have come on for the last 10 to press higher up and at least give us an outlet.

Got what we deserved today. Let's hope the return of Henderson coincides with a return to form.
Login to get fewer ads

Shit happens on 17:47 - Nov 22 with 2976 viewsYouTubeDale

Shit happens on 17:43 - Nov 22 by DomDale

Shit happens on 17:47 - Nov 22 with 2969 viewsfrenzied

Doncaster were the better side by far..even when it was 11 v 11 they were miles ahead ..it could easily have been 5 or 6 ...1.......but for some dreadful finishing and the bar and post coming to Dales rescue.

Our back 4 esp the central pair were flat footed whilst Doncasters movement and passing to feet was super.we never really threatened ,too many times our crosses were blocked or were mishit.
Bad day at the office ..it was a red card..why on earth Done made a challenge like that in the centre of the park was unexplainable..
Nevertheless im more than happy for Dale just to stay up ths season and that we are more than capable of!!

Up The Dale
Shit happens on 17:48 - Nov 22 with 2956 views442Dale

Shit happens on 17:43 - Nov 22 by DomDale

It was mentioned during the week was all it would take was a home defeat or two. His selections are baffling.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shit happens on 17:50 - Nov 22 with 2929 viewsYouTubeDale

Shit happens on 17:44 - Nov 22 by dalenumber2

Agree with this. From where i was it looked like a certain red card before the ref got it out of his pocket. Doncaster were better than us from the start and although they messed up a few times in front of goal,they had us on the back foot throughout the second half.

They only had us on the back foot in the second half because...we were down to 10 men.

Shit happens on 17:52 - Nov 22 with 2912 viewsYouTubeDale

Shit happens on 17:47 - Nov 22 by frenzied

Doncaster were the better side by far..even when it was 11 v 11 they were miles ahead ..it could easily have been 5 or 6 ...1.......but for some dreadful finishing and the bar and post coming to Dales rescue.

Our back 4 esp the central pair were flat footed whilst Doncasters movement and passing to feet was super.we never really threatened ,too many times our crosses were blocked or were mishit.
Bad day at the office ..it was a red card..why on earth Done made a challenge like that in the centre of the park was unexplainable..
Nevertheless im more than happy for Dale just to stay up ths season and that we are more than capable of!!

Up The Dale

And where do you sit/stand?

Shit happens on 17:55 - Nov 22 with 2865 viewsMoonyDale

Can't agree with that at all, we were second best from the second we scored. They were fitter, faster and the passing and movement of their front players was superb. why even pick Allen when you bypass midfield altogether to play long ball to Andrew is beyond me, tactics were wrong from the start. The sending off had no baring at all we would still have deserved to lose that game, it could have and probably should have been by a wider margin. Defenders were all over the place in the first half and you could see the result coming, footballing lesson today for our lads who were played off the park...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Shit happens on 17:59 - Nov 22 with 2813 viewsDale23years

Shit happens on 17:55 - Nov 22 by MoonyDale

Can't agree with that at all, we were second best from the second we scored. They were fitter, faster and the passing and movement of their front players was superb. why even pick Allen when you bypass midfield altogether to play long ball to Andrew is beyond me, tactics were wrong from the start. The sending off had no baring at all we would still have deserved to lose that game, it could have and probably should have been by a wider margin. Defenders were all over the place in the first half and you could see the result coming, footballing lesson today for our lads who were played off the park...

Our defence will be like that with Lancashire and rose in our bk 4

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Shit happens on 18:02 - Nov 22 with 2787 viewsolympicdale

Don't agree with anyone saying Donny were a poor team, they were the best side I've seen this year, and their 'lowly' league position doesn't do them justic. They were however a bit wasteful in front of goal, and had shades of a typical Paul Dickov side at times, but they kept the ball superbly, and showed great ball control. It was clear that the sending off was our doom, it forced us back further and further, and we had no outlet even for a quick breakaway, the sooner we can get Hendo back the better, but once more a sending off has cost us.

Life is a game of fate.

Shit happens on 18:02 - Nov 22 with 2787 viewsdale_spotland

Shit happens on 17:50 - Nov 22 by YouTubeDale

They only had us on the back foot in the second half because...we were down to 10 men.

Disagree, from the minute they equalised we were on the back foot.

They were the better side, simple as.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Shit happens on 18:07 - Nov 22 with 2739 viewsolympicdale

Shit happens on 18:02 - Nov 22 by dale_spotland

Disagree, from the minute they equalised we were on the back foot.

They were the better side, simple as.

We appeared to sit back from the minute we scored, never pushed on, constantly inviting pressure, it simply intensified once it was 11 v 10

Life is a game of fate.

Shit happens on 18:09 - Nov 22 with 2721 viewsnordenblue

Shit happens on 17:48 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

It was mentioned during the week was all it would take was a home defeat or two. His selections are baffling.

I reckon he should sign a couple more strikers, they will only be paid peanuts like the others anyway surely?
Shit happens on 18:15 - Nov 22 with 2672 viewsboromat

We were awful in the first half against an average team that were up for it and playing with confidence. Where as we looked like the grilling I'm guessing we got from Keith on Tuesday really got to them. The players especially certain ones like Bennett and Lancashire were dire. Lancashire really cannot play on that left side and I'd rather see Tanser there.

We were lucky to be on level terms. Second half we didn't get given the opportunity to fight for the points the sending off ended the game. We did well to hang onto the point for so long. Just hope we can get the sending off rescinded but with the camera angle I'm not the that hopeful.

Anyway move on from today and let's have a good performance against mk dons as I think that might be more important than the result leading into the oldham game.

Up the dale

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shit happens on 18:43 - Nov 22 with 2537 viewsKenBoon

I thought Donny were much better than us today. Our saving grace was their clown show in defence. Sadly any attack we had was blunted with the red card. We could have been 1-5 down by the time the red card came out.
Shit happens on 18:47 - Nov 22 with 2512 viewsTalkingSutty

Shit happens on 17:45 - Nov 22 by Swissdale

Aside from the first 10 minutes, we were second best today. We could easily have been 4-1 down at half time, with Michael Rose being caught out time and again by their right winger.

I don't think Calvin Andrew should be anything other than a last resort, doesn't have the quality to compete with league one defenders.

It leaves a sour taste in the mouth that the goal led from a ridiculous decision by the ref, but the goal was definitely coming. Having nobody up front at all meant the ball just kept coming back to us, Lazarus looked tired and possibly Hery/Muldoon should have come on for the last 10 to press higher up and at least give us an outlet.

Got what we deserved today. Let's hope the return of Henderson coincides with a return to form.

Agree with all of that. A few things baffled me today from team selection to tactics and the overall body language of the players at times.

Very surprised Tanser didn't start and would have preferred to see Muldoon start the game. I also think Lunds game suffers when he plays in a deep midfield role, he's a goalscoring midfielder so why are we taking that threat away?

It was obvious Lazarus was struggling with his fitness after about an hour and bringing on Muldoon would have been the obvious swap. They deserved a bollocking after Tuesdays game but today some of them looked frightened of doing the wrong thing maybe for fear of recriminations and it resulted in a sterile performance at times.

No sign today of our fast,crisp passing game and the positivity was replaced with what looked like a lack of confidence in some players.
Shit happens on 18:49 - Nov 22 with 2491 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shit happens on 18:15 - Nov 22 by boromat

We were awful in the first half against an average team that were up for it and playing with confidence. Where as we looked like the grilling I'm guessing we got from Keith on Tuesday really got to them. The players especially certain ones like Bennett and Lancashire were dire. Lancashire really cannot play on that left side and I'd rather see Tanser there.

We were lucky to be on level terms. Second half we didn't get given the opportunity to fight for the points the sending off ended the game. We did well to hang onto the point for so long. Just hope we can get the sending off rescinded but with the camera angle I'm not the that hopeful.

Anyway move on from today and let's have a good performance against mk dons as I think that might be more important than the result leading into the oldham game.

Up the dale

......as an aside, Latics had Jabo Ibhre sent off today.......one match ban.

Sits out San Spotty......every cloud...

Oh and the League 2 Champions elect did n't let us down.
Shit happens on 18:52 - Nov 22 with 2460 viewsMoonyDale

Shit happens on 18:49 - Nov 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have Oldham not got a Tuesday game?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Shit happens on 18:58 - Nov 22 with 2408 viewsKenBoon

Shit happens on 18:49 - Nov 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is it confirmed as one match? I wasn't sure but it should be classed as a "professional foul", which is usually one match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024