Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England World Cup thread 13:14 - Feb 14 with 10292 viewsTommoRAFC

Well, I never expected a lot, but that was an awful performance today.

Positives:
Finn's 5 for.
Taylor should have had a century, robbed by shit umpiring, not that it effected the result.
Bell and Woakes did ok.
Warner didn't get to hurt us much.

Negatives:
Awful bowling on the whole, Finn's stats are flattered by his hattrick when the damage was done, not one of the bowlers had a decent average today.
Easy catches put down.
Top order was dire, started slow, and once Bell fell it crumbled without a trace, to be honest the Convicts could have had us all out for 150 if they wanted to.
Pedestrian Convict balls didn't get the treatment they should have been by us.
Morgan managed to get his 4th duck in 7 innings!

With New Zealand on Friday and probably 2 defeats in 2, we'll have our work cut out getting to the quarters, especially if anyone else manages a shock... So much for the team heading in a different direction after the dropping of Cook, we're a laughing stock again!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

England World Cup thread on 10:17 - Mar 10 with 1004 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hope you backed Bangledesh, as predicted price way too big and we are shocking.

I lay most of the blame on Morgan for a crazy shot second ball he faced - stupid in the extreme!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

England World Cup thread on 10:31 - Mar 10 with 997 viewsD_Alien

England World Cup thread on 10:17 - Mar 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

Hope you backed Bangledesh, as predicted price way too big and we are shocking.

I lay most of the blame on Morgan for a crazy shot second ball he faced - stupid in the extreme!!!

Know what you mean about that shot TR, but the England camp have been bombarded with criticism of their batsmen not even trying to dominate from the outset.

I'd put Morgan's shot in that context, and just shows what happens when there's too much pressure on to not only succeed, but be seen to succeed in the right way.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England World Cup thread on 11:00 - Mar 10 with 984 viewsTalkingSutty

England World Cup thread on 10:31 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Know what you mean about that shot TR, but the England camp have been bombarded with criticism of their batsmen not even trying to dominate from the outset.

I'd put Morgan's shot in that context, and just shows what happens when there's too much pressure on to not only succeed, but be seen to succeed in the right way.

England Captains have form for playing daft shots at inappropriate times. Anybody remember Mike Gattings in the World Cup final ( I think).
England World Cup thread on 11:31 - Mar 10 with 969 viewsThacks_Rabbits

England World Cup thread on 10:31 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Pressure and expectancy played a big part but he picked the man totally - 5 yrds squarer and it was 6 but hey he must have known it was a high risk shot.

Think its clear Buttler must me moved up the order and also we need a top class spinner - How Tredwell does not get picked ahead of Broad only the selectors know!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024