Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's talk about the Play Offs 07:45 - Mar 8 with 11582 viewsTalkingSutty

It's not going to be easy but looking at the league table we would be daft not to give it a go. I think there are two key steps needed to give ourselves a realistic chance.

The first one is obvious, we have to win at least one of our games in hand. Secondly we need Hilly to pull a Rabbit out of the hat and bring in a forward to help our other rabbit, Joe Bunney. It sounds like he was close to bringing somebody in last week, so he is looking.

I didn't go to Bristol but listening to all reports we outplayed them so that suggests we have the players at the club capable of matching anybody in this league. Mission one is more or less complete so it's time to re-assess.

I understand there are those on the forum who won't comment because the manager doesn't want them to have expectations or upset him but for those of us who feel able, are the Play Offs on and if not why?
Let's talk about the Play Offs on 23:10 - Mar 30 with 1545 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 23:08 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

Arf Arrowsmith?

Arf a Shilling?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 07:54 - Mar 31 with 1437 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 19:53 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

It's a strange end to a fantastic season. There is a fear factor into the possibility of somehow ending up in the Championship, it's unchartered waters and the fate of Stockport County and others doesn't help.

When you think about it logically and factor in our pathetic home attendances its ridiculous to even think we could be competing one level below the Premiership, who would have thought it?

A night at Notts County that should have ended in elation was spoiled by a false accusation.
Whilst on a walk to escape the bullying and nightmares he was suddenly overtaken by the spirit of Pam Ayres.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 8:10]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 08:22 - Mar 31 with 1395 viewsTalkingSutty

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 07:54 - Mar 31 by BigDaveMyCock

A night at Notts County that should have ended in elation was spoiled by a false accusation.
Whilst on a walk to escape the bullying and nightmares he was suddenly overtaken by the spirit of Pam Ayres.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 8:10]

Being nice to someone you dislike doesn't mean you're FAKE. It means you are mature enough to tolerate you're dislike towards them.

P Ayres.
Let's talk about the Play Offs on 08:30 - Mar 31 with 1380 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 08:22 - Mar 31 by TalkingSutty

Being nice to someone you dislike doesn't mean you're FAKE. It means you are mature enough to tolerate you're dislike towards them.

P Ayres.

What about when you hug them?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 08:42 - Mar 31 with 1358 viewsdingdangblue

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 18:24 - Mar 30 by DaleiLama

I guess it boils down to whether you believe in Hilly or not. I made the point on another thread a while ago that he took us closer and closer to promotion from L2 until we finally tipped into an automatic promotion spot and built a squad that was not only good enough to stay up but that squad now sits in a play-off spot with 8 games to go. Of course, like stocks and shares, past performance guarantees nothing for the future, but his record does show he can evaluate talent and put together a squad that play the right way and get results. It is just my opinion (or dream) that he can do that again. His successes aren't flukes.

If we got a chance of making the play-offs this year we must give it our best shot and have nothing to lose and everything (experience) to gain, but again, just my opinion, there aren't many teams (of course there are some, but they are exceptions) who take a L2 squad and go straight up to the C'ship and survive. The amount of upgrading of your squad that needs to take place in such a short time is difficult with an unlimited budget but over the next 1, 2 or 3 years as our own youngsters come through and with some outside help, why shouldn't we be able to have another crack at promotion and guess what - we'd even have a better chance of staying up because instead of finishing 6th, we may be good enough to finish in the top 2 by then?
Believe in the sign!

He nearly got us into the playoffs in that 1st amazing half season when we turned relegation form under Parkin into Title winning form under Hill. Then his 1st full season we had Wembley heartache - I know it took 2 more seasons for us to get automatic after that but I'm sure it wasn't through choice - Hill would have taken promotion earlier had it come. That 2nd play off failure , the end of season meltdown and the loss to Gillingham had most people wondering if we could go again - then we chanced upon Craig Dawson and Hill turned Chris O'Grady into a player. Its ok building the foundations and stabilising us as a good league 1 club for years to come but as others have said - this opportunity may not come again - even if we did make the play offs the chances of us getting through the semi's and winning a Wembley final would still be faint.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 9:19]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Let's talk about the Play Offs on 09:39 - Apr 7 with 1138 viewsaleanddale

6 games left and we have a squeek!!

better than a squeek if we can win on Saturday and have some luck with those around us dropping points..

one game at a time and 6 cup finals.

TOUGH ask - but would have snapped your hand off last August if offered 59 points with 6 games to play!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024