Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 07:39 - Apr 17 with 12203 viewsChaffRAFC

First price increase in 5 years.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-on-sale-from-monday-240

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 18:41 - Apr 17 with 2178 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Season ticket prices on 11:14 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

I were it all lies about Dale having money? i couldn't justify a season ticket at £333 let alone £370 we had it right centenary year this is just gonna drive more people away from the club

Did you not hit the jackpot a few weeks ago?
Season ticket prices on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 1992 viewsheywooddale

Season ticket prices on 14:06 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

I know how Business works and falling back on Centenary plans would of benefited the club lot more than a price increase sometimes in Business you have to take that risk just look at Buckets for example

In Business the biggest risks always pay off it wouldn't of done any harm to dip into the achieves of 2007/2008 as it worked

"Sometimes in Business you have to take that risk"

Wasn't that the motto under the Stockport County badge during the 2007/08 season???
Season ticket prices on 22:28 - Apr 17 with 1975 viewsleedsdale

Season ticket prices on 22:17 - Apr 17 by heywooddale

"Sometimes in Business you have to take that risk"

Wasn't that the motto under the Stockport County badge during the 2007/08 season???

Tazzy = Nick Leeson
Season ticket prices on 22:34 - Apr 17 with 1956 viewsmikehunt

What no one has mentioned is that we could end up with the cheapest tickets in the championship. How do you like them apples?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Season ticket prices on 22:57 - Apr 17 with 1920 views1mark1

Season ticket prices on 12:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

I don't imagine people who pay on the day for Pearl st will notice much difference - at £18 most will hand over £20 - just they wont have the hassle of that £2 change rattling around in their pocket from next season!

I use that £2 change, to buy a couple of golden gamble tickets, so still give the club £20. Maybe others do that too. Now will I and others find another 2 quid to pay for a couple of gg tickets? Will do if I can afford it, but it MIGHT mean less games attending, if money is short, which it is for many. If gg sales go down as a result, and prize money goes down, that might mean less buying them. It's about a 11% increase for the Pearl Street.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season ticket prices on 23:17 - Apr 17 with 1892 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 22:57 - Apr 17 by 1mark1

I use that £2 change, to buy a couple of golden gamble tickets, so still give the club £20. Maybe others do that too. Now will I and others find another 2 quid to pay for a couple of gg tickets? Will do if I can afford it, but it MIGHT mean less games attending, if money is short, which it is for many. If gg sales go down as a result, and prize money goes down, that might mean less buying them. It's about a 11% increase for the Pearl Street.

3000 away fans paying £2 extra for a few games next season should make up for it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 06:59 - Apr 18 with 1822 viewsBobbyjoe

A great deal for the faithful, but which exacerbates the long-standing problem of under-attendance; a short-term fix designed to maximise match-day revenue from away fans, at the expense of home fans, on whom the club has clearly given up/ can't be bothered with.

Sell 3,000 season-tickets at £150 (perfectly feasible for a hard-working sales team), and you've reversed a historical trend at a stroke.

Keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll get the same results.
Season ticket prices on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 1758 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 06:59 - Apr 18 by Bobbyjoe

A great deal for the faithful, but which exacerbates the long-standing problem of under-attendance; a short-term fix designed to maximise match-day revenue from away fans, at the expense of home fans, on whom the club has clearly given up/ can't be bothered with.

Sell 3,000 season-tickets at £150 (perfectly feasible for a hard-working sales team), and you've reversed a historical trend at a stroke.

Keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll get the same results.

It would be good to think that away supporters are treated equally when it comes to decision making and that any price increases weren't put in place with them in mind.

It's no better to have an away fan thinking "well I refuse to pay over £20 for a match", than it is for a home supporter saying the same thing. As has been seen, some fans have made the choice not to attend away games out of principle where the price is a step too far. It would be incredibly sad if Spotland is now seen as one of those away trips where such principles are now used as a reason not to attend.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 09:05 - Apr 18 with 1738 viewsThe_DJ

READ the final paragraph on Page 1 of the letter you get.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 9:26]
Season ticket prices on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 1728 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 08:35 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

It would be good to think that away supporters are treated equally when it comes to decision making and that any price increases weren't put in place with them in mind.

It's no better to have an away fan thinking "well I refuse to pay over £20 for a match", than it is for a home supporter saying the same thing. As has been seen, some fans have made the choice not to attend away games out of principle where the price is a step too far. It would be incredibly sad if Spotland is now seen as one of those away trips where such principles are now used as a reason not to attend.

Agreed. £20 seems a fair price to pay for me for 3rd division football. The season ticket prices (early bird) are more than reasonable. The on the day price increase will make more people pick and choose games I'm afraid. Especially if we have a situation of 2 league games in a week at home, or a league and cup home game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season ticket prices on 09:58 - Apr 18 with 1676 viewsfunkkk

The problem is football in this country is overpriced, it should be £20 to watch a Premier League game not League 1. It simply doesn't compare well with other leisure activities and is only on the up, would anyone pay £17 to stand through a film at the cinema?

I understand the club's need to stay competitive but they also need to appreciate their target market. Rochdale is a poor town and people will reach a breaking point where they no longer feel they can afford to attend games. Anybody who says the increase is only the price of a pint etc. are missing the point. For me personally, as someone who lives away from Rochdale, any increase makes it more difficult for me to justify attending games when I factor in travel and food costs.

I'm hoping the club use online ticketing to good effect it's bursting with potential, I would quite happily pay £125 for a ten game mini-season ticket.
Season ticket prices on 10:03 - Apr 18 with 1664 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 09:10 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Agreed. £20 seems a fair price to pay for me for 3rd division football. The season ticket prices (early bird) are more than reasonable. The on the day price increase will make more people pick and choose games I'm afraid. Especially if we have a situation of 2 league games in a week at home, or a league and cup home game.

I think the powers that be within the club are accepting of the situation that the increase at the turnstiles will deter some from attending and make it even harder to attract new fans.

They will negate that loss with a increase in away supporters next season but obviously from a long term financial point of view its a flawed plan.

League one football and a good product on the pitch, if we cant make efforts to enthuse the Rochdale public now we never will.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 10:04]
Season ticket prices on 10:36 - Apr 18 with 1598 viewsfitzochris

Season ticket prices on 10:03 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

I think the powers that be within the club are accepting of the situation that the increase at the turnstiles will deter some from attending and make it even harder to attract new fans.

They will negate that loss with a increase in away supporters next season but obviously from a long term financial point of view its a flawed plan.

League one football and a good product on the pitch, if we cant make efforts to enthuse the Rochdale public now we never will.

The only slight silver lining is that if we do somehow get promoted next season, and the prices stay the same, £20 per match in the Championship is pretty decent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 10:44 - Apr 18 with 1586 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 10:36 - Apr 18 by fitzochris

The only slight silver lining is that if we do somehow get promoted next season, and the prices stay the same, £20 per match in the Championship is pretty decent.

If that were the logic that we'd be playing Championship Next Season we'd have to win all our remaining 3 Games & Chesterfield would have to slip up in someway for the dark horses seat today scenario could see us totally out of the Play Offs because If we lose to Gill's and they beat Biffo's they secure 6th with 2 Matches remaining

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Season ticket prices on 10:46 - Apr 18 with 1585 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 10:03 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

There is no plan. Other than "its what other league one clubs charge - if not more, so we should also". Like I said the season ticket price is very good at £14.50 per game (£333) but even this season for me Holidays, a Wedding, a family party and other commitments have meant me missing 5 home league games so overall its not a saving for me paying £333 upfront. Seriously thinking of just paying as I go next season and if there are 2 back to back league games or cup games I'll probably see how it is on the day. I definitely think the increase is just because of the possibility of a decent away fans situation for next season - usually if a business is struggling to get local people into their shop they don't increase the prices - they'd slash them. Hopefully now we'll at least see the end of any club comments about being poorly supported because if they were really bothered about getting more fans in they'd have one season of trying something really radical with the price structure (like Col suggested I think? free season tickets for under 16's).

Season ticket prices on 10:54 - Apr 18 with 1569 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 10:46 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

There is no plan. Other than "its what other league one clubs charge - if not more, so we should also". Like I said the season ticket price is very good at £14.50 per game (£333) but even this season for me Holidays, a Wedding, a family party and other commitments have meant me missing 5 home league games so overall its not a saving for me paying £333 upfront. Seriously thinking of just paying as I go next season and if there are 2 back to back league games or cup games I'll probably see how it is on the day. I definitely think the increase is just because of the possibility of a decent away fans situation for next season - usually if a business is struggling to get local people into their shop they don't increase the prices - they'd slash them. Hopefully now we'll at least see the end of any club comments about being poorly supported because if they were really bothered about getting more fans in they'd have one season of trying something really radical with the price structure (like Col suggested I think? free season tickets for under 16's).

Well we have money in the bank so now would have been the right time to take a risk.Obviously there is the Stadium issue which might need financing but that's a never ending saga that the supporters aren't privvy to. Who knows what the long term plan is?
Season ticket prices on 11:17 - Apr 18 with 1542 viewsfitzochris

Season ticket prices on 10:36 - Apr 18 by fitzochris

I didn't say it was 'the' plan. I said it was a slight silver lining to the price rise.

Ever the optimist me, Taz.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 11:46 - Apr 18 with 1499 viewsfunkkk

Season ticket prices on 10:46 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Increasing the price of admission should absolutely be the last resort. The club get 2500 people in the same place every other week, there are plenty of other ways of getting them to part with their cash.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 11:47]
Season ticket prices on 12:22 - Apr 18 with 1453 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 11:46 - Apr 18 by funkkk

Increasing the price of admission should absolutely be the last resort. The club get 2500 people in the same place every other week, there are plenty of other ways of getting them to part with their cash.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 11:47]

I totally agree whats makes this decision more baffling is they never took the Golden Nugget in the FA Cup and used promotions to entice new fans to other matches like other clubs do at many other club at this level also above and below though they wanted to attract supporters not subtract them
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 12:23]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Season ticket prices on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 1438 viewsmacro

You won the golden gamble a few weeks ago enough to pay for a season ticket
Season ticket prices on 13:08 - Apr 18 with 1397 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 12:38 - Apr 18 by macro

You won the golden gamble a few weeks ago enough to pay for a season ticket

I'm trying to make a point of how people think in this town if we manage to entice them away from the likes of Clarets, Rovers, Trotters, City, City on the TV, United, United on the TV it'll prove the customer relations are doing great but this isn't the case with the price going up its just gonna drive this people more towards these other clubs, Lack of Promotions have caused the damage, people who attend actually spread the word of the club and Whats on offer lack of promotions and gimmicks caused the damage yet again. It's the loyal supporters who have to pay out of their pockets, as stated before it's like a heartbeat you poison the heartbeat it eventually dies

Season ticket prices on 14:38 - Apr 18 with 1322 viewsBobbyjoe

The product for sale has never been better, yet still they don't come! It's not even the money. People get out of the habit; it's psychological. No amount of pay-on the-gate offers do anything to address this. It's about creating momentum, forming a community people want to be part of.

The only way to address this is through season-tickets, which have to be made so attractive, that a significant proportion of the 10,000 Dale fans who might turn up to any given match, simply can't refuse to get one.

3,000 season-ticket holders form an instant community, which will only gather momentum. It's so screamingly obvious that the only rational conclusion one can draw is that deep-down, sub-consciously, written into its DNA neither the club nor its supporters has any genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers.
Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Apr 18 with 1282 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 14:38 - Apr 18 by Bobbyjoe

The product for sale has never been better, yet still they don't come! It's not even the money. People get out of the habit; it's psychological. No amount of pay-on the-gate offers do anything to address this. It's about creating momentum, forming a community people want to be part of.

The only way to address this is through season-tickets, which have to be made so attractive, that a significant proportion of the 10,000 Dale fans who might turn up to any given match, simply can't refuse to get one.

3,000 season-ticket holders form an instant community, which will only gather momentum. It's so screamingly obvious that the only rational conclusion one can draw is that deep-down, sub-consciously, written into its DNA neither the club nor its supporters has any genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers.

Exactly it's what Southgate hit's at England for all the time the DNA (The lifeblood or the heart) Spot On Bobbyjoe

Season ticket prices on 15:05 - Apr 18 with 1266 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Apr 18 by tazzydjr

Exactly it's what Southgate hit's at England for all the time the DNA (The lifeblood or the heart) Spot On Bobbyjoe

He'll be thrilled with the endorsement

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 15:31 - Apr 18 with 1222 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 14:38 - Apr 18 by Bobbyjoe

Bit unfair, the commitment from a good number of our supporters to increasing attendances can't be questioned.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024