Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message to non-season ticket holders 18:51 - Jul 5 with 4720 views100notout

Following on from the obsession with how many season tickets Bradford have sold, a reminder for regular visitors to Spotland who haven't bought a season ticket if you can get the money together in the next few weeks to buy one it really is worth it.

A Sandy Lane season ticket costs £277.50. Paying at the turnstile will be £17 so if you are likely to miss no more than 6 games you will be better off.

Or to put it another way if you attend 20 games you will save £62.50 with a season ticket PLUS you get 25 off next years season ticket.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:27 - Jul 5 with 3869 views442Dale

Hardly an obsession, more an interesting football story (well, for some!) at our level.

Our season tickets are still decent value, the thing about Bradford was how fantastic the take up was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:34 - Jul 5 with 3845 views100notout

Pointless exercise - completely different circumstances

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:49 - Jul 5 with 3792 views442Dale

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:34 - Jul 5 by 100notout

Pointless exercise - completely different circumstances

I know. It wasn't a comparison between the two clubs, it was saying how well they've done to sell so many. Others chose to bring Dale into it

Not sure why it's pointless to talk about how many they sold, it's impressive. It's like if Barcelona produce a ridiculously brilliant performance and someone posts about it, it doesn't necessarily mean they expect us to play the same.

Unless its against a Ronnie Moore Rotherham side.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:52 - Jul 5 with 3787 viewsRAFCBLUE

Walsall, Shrewsbury, Coventry and Gillingham on Tuesday nights at home put a big dent in the economics of getting a season ticket this year.

Equally the three home games in the run up to Boxing Day (Port Vale, Colchester and Crewe) where money is tight are three problem games to market.

It has been said before; to the die-hards the season ticket is excellent value but to the floating fan it is not. Much better to pick and choose your games - there will always in reality be able to get a ticket.

Until the club work that out and offer alternative products that tie the floating fan in, we will always have a similar number of season ticket holders and huge drop offs in the Tuesday night games which don't hit the spot for whatever reason.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 20:05 - Jul 5 with 3750 viewsTVOS1907

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:49 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

I know. It wasn't a comparison between the two clubs, it was saying how well they've done to sell so many. Others chose to bring Dale into it

Not sure why it's pointless to talk about how many they sold, it's impressive. It's like if Barcelona produce a ridiculously brilliant performance and someone posts about it, it doesn't necessarily mean they expect us to play the same.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 20:13 - Jul 5 with 3726 views100notout

Message to non-season ticket holders on 19:49 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

It is indeed an impressive figure and no offense but I just don't have any interest in how many they sell unless there is something we can learn from what they do / have done. Slashing the price of season tickets simply won't work for us - its up to the club and every single fan to promote the club and get others to attend matches.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 20:15 - Jul 5 with 3715 views442Dale

Message to non-season ticket holders on 20:13 - Jul 5 by 100notout

It is indeed an impressive figure and no offense but I just don't have any interest in how many they sell unless there is something we can learn from what they do / have done. Slashing the price of season tickets simply won't work for us - its up to the club and every single fan to promote the club and get others to attend matches.

Agreed. And no offence taken.

It's still a bloody good number, whatever the price.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:22 - Jul 6 with 3317 viewstazzydjr

I'm sure i found a price comparison which showed our prices on par with Biffo's corporate price out of fans, I'll feel sorry for those Fans who paid 370 in the pearl and worst case scenario is Blackburn Rovers come knocking whats the continuity plan when we end up in situation of 2011-2012 we saw how fast a top 10 league 1 side can be dismantled

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:32 - Jul 6 with 3295 viewsAtThePeake

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:22 - Jul 6 by tazzydjr

I'm sure i found a price comparison which showed our prices on par with Biffo's corporate price out of fans, I'll feel sorry for those Fans who paid 370 in the pearl and worst case scenario is Blackburn Rovers come knocking whats the continuity plan when we end up in situation of 2011-2012 we saw how fast a top 10 league 1 side can be dismantled

What language do I convert this from on Google Translate?

Tangled up in blue.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:36 - Jul 6 with 3293 viewsdingdangblue

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:22 - Jul 6 by tazzydjr

I dont know the exact figures but I imagine the number of people who have bought a Pearl St season for £370 as opposed to £333 just over 4 weeks ago is slim to non.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:15 - Jul 6 with 3147 viewsYouTubeDale

I worked for Morrisons in my career and it was brought to my attention that Bradford had a massive headquarters in the City. Many jobs which create wealth putting bums on seats.

Rochdale over many, many years has been poor at the creation of wealth, hence the club has suffered. I know there are many other factors but this is a big factor in my book. Wealth creates further wealth, hence the stronger get stronger at the expense of the weaker local economies.

Bradford is home to the UK headquarters:
Aagrah - an Asian restaurant chain
British Wool Marketing Board - central marketing system for UK fleece wool
BASF - UK subsidiary of the Germany Company formerly CIBA
Damart — UK subsidiary of this French company
Farmers Boy - meat subsidiary of Morrisons PLC
Grattan plc - mail order catalogue company
Greenwoods - retailer and mail order of mens formal clothing
Hallmark Cards - UK subsidiary of this American company
Kashmir Crown Bakeries - an Asian food making company
Mumtaz - an Asian restaurant chain and food making company
Pace Micro Technology - set top box developer
Provident Financial - financial services group
Safestyle UK - UK's largest independent provider of PVCu double glazed windows, doors, French doors, patio and sliding doors
Seabrook Potato Crisps - potato crisp manufacturers
Telegraph & Argus - daily newspaper
Yorkshire Building Society - the UK's fourth largest building society
Yorkshire Water - collection purification and distribution of water

Companies that are major employers but not based in Bradford include:-

Marks & Spencer - huge warehouse at the end of the M606motorway
Next plc - also have a warehouse in the city
Jet2.com - Budjet Airline. Based at *Leeds Bradford Airport 9 miles away in Yeadon

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:28 - Jul 6 with 3120 viewsRosun

Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:15 - Jul 6 by YouTubeDale

I worked for Morrisons in my career and it was brought to my attention that Bradford had a massive headquarters in the City. Many jobs which create wealth putting bums on seats.

Rochdale over many, many years has been poor at the creation of wealth, hence the club has suffered. I know there are many other factors but this is a big factor in my book. Wealth creates further wealth, hence the stronger get stronger at the expense of the weaker local economies.

Bradford is home to the UK headquarters:
Aagrah - an Asian restaurant chain
British Wool Marketing Board - central marketing system for UK fleece wool
BASF - UK subsidiary of the Germany Company formerly CIBA
Damart — UK subsidiary of this French company
Farmers Boy - meat subsidiary of Morrisons PLC
Grattan plc - mail order catalogue company
Greenwoods - retailer and mail order of mens formal clothing
Hallmark Cards - UK subsidiary of this American company
Kashmir Crown Bakeries - an Asian food making company
Mumtaz - an Asian restaurant chain and food making company
Pace Micro Technology - set top box developer
Provident Financial - financial services group
Safestyle UK - UK's largest independent provider of PVCu double glazed windows, doors, French doors, patio and sliding doors
Seabrook Potato Crisps - potato crisp manufacturers
Telegraph & Argus - daily newspaper
Yorkshire Building Society - the UK's fourth largest building society
Yorkshire Water - collection purification and distribution of water

Companies that are major employers but not based in Bradford include:-

Marks & Spencer - huge warehouse at the end of the M606motorway
Next plc - also have a warehouse in the city
Jet2.com - Budjet Airline. Based at *Leeds Bradford Airport 9 miles away in Yeadon

We've got:
Raj's @ Spotland Bridge
Town Taxis
Gordon Rigg's
Two and half Aldi's
Ron Chalkers
Flying Horse
All in One garden centre
Oblong Egg cafe
Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:30 - Jul 6 with 3115 viewsdingdangblue

Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:28 - Jul 6 by Rosun

We've got:
Raj's @ Spotland Bridge
Town Taxis
Gordon Rigg's
Two and half Aldi's
Ron Chalkers
Flying Horse
All in One garden centre
Oblong Egg cafe

You missed out Carcraf.................oh shite.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:04 - Jul 6 with 3054 viewsBobbyjoe

If you want to buck a historic trend you've got to try something different. At £150 the absolute worst-case scenario is that you wouldn't sell one single ticket more. In reality, many who buy one now, would buy two (for spouse/partner); dozens/scores/hundreds who have never bought one, would buy one (possibly two). If you end up selling only 1500 (or fewer), fair enough it didn't work, but the financial hit would be sustainable, and you would have tried.

It may seem perverse, but at £150 I/we may have felt compelled to buy two. As things stand I may well end up going only to the very odd game, when the boy's home. There are hundreds (possibly thousands) of lapsed supporters in the town, who have got out of the habit, and no end of one-off promotions will get them back (other than for an odd game).

£300-odd is a great bargain for supporters, but of no interest to anyone else. £150, coupled with some serious publicity, so that every single person in the borough knows about it, would give an awful lot of people serious pause for thought.
Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:15 - Jul 6 with 3015 viewsdeeplishblue

Why aren't all poorly supported teams doing this then?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 2997 viewsdingdangblue

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:04 - Jul 6 by Bobbyjoe

If you want to buck a historic trend you've got to try something different. At £150 the absolute worst-case scenario is that you wouldn't sell one single ticket more. In reality, many who buy one now, would buy two (for spouse/partner); dozens/scores/hundreds who have never bought one, would buy one (possibly two). If you end up selling only 1500 (or fewer), fair enough it didn't work, but the financial hit would be sustainable, and you would have tried.

It may seem perverse, but at £150 I/we may have felt compelled to buy two. As things stand I may well end up going only to the very odd game, when the boy's home. There are hundreds (possibly thousands) of lapsed supporters in the town, who have got out of the habit, and no end of one-off promotions will get them back (other than for an odd game).

£300-odd is a great bargain for supporters, but of no interest to anyone else. £150, coupled with some serious publicity, so that every single person in the borough knows about it, would give an awful lot of people serious pause for thought.

Its no coincidence that Bradford have done this when they can afford to and on the back of 2-3 amazing seasons where they have been to Wembley twice , once in a major domestic final and the other winning a playoff final. Last season they won at Chelsea after being 2-0 down ( a once in a lifetime occurrence ) and had 2 home sellouts of 25,000 against Sunderland and Reading - you just cant buy publicity like that - fair play to them for seizing the moment and going for it.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:43 - Jul 6 with 2960 viewsBobbyjoe

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:15 - Jul 6 by deeplishblue

Why aren't all poorly supported teams doing this then?

I have no idea. Perhaps they're all innately conservative organisations who are bumping along OK, and don't really want any more bothersome customers.
Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:55 - Jul 6 with 2932 viewsD_Alien

Message to non-season ticket holders on 16:26 - Jul 6 by dingdangblue

Its no coincidence that Bradford have done this when they can afford to and on the back of 2-3 amazing seasons where they have been to Wembley twice , once in a major domestic final and the other winning a playoff final. Last season they won at Chelsea after being 2-0 down ( a once in a lifetime occurrence ) and had 2 home sellouts of 25,000 against Sunderland and Reading - you just cant buy publicity like that - fair play to them for seizing the moment and going for it.

In terms of seizing the moment, I doubt if there's ever been a moment when the club have been more financially stable than right now. However, the issue which potentially blights the picture is stadium ownership.

I'd hope* that once the issue is finally settled, the board would seek out every opportunity to promote the club and increase the fanbase, to utilise extended facilities.

* it's the last thing that dies

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Message to non-season ticket holders on 08:22 - Jul 7 with 2685 viewsleonardrafc

I agree that cheap season tickets will sell more but I don't think the club is currently in a position to sell THAT many more than it would normally.

We need to establish ourselves as a League One club with a future and with ambition to reach the Championship rather than little old Rochdale punching above its weight.

I don't think settling for League One football sells very well, especially when you have clubs around us throwing money away to reach higher divisions.
Message to non-season ticket holders on 08:50 - Jul 7 with 2651 viewsR17ALE

It's too early in the day for mind benders bj, but I take your post to read that you won't buy 1 season ticket for £250, but if they were £150 you might buy 2.

Either you've been on the crack pipe, or I need to get mine out!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 10:23 - Jul 7 with 2590 viewsonedalefan

Stood on Blackburn station at the weekend and noticed that they had a large poster hanging up advertising part season tickets, aiming to attract people who may pass through from outlying areas. Just been on their website and they have a pledge that if they get promoted to the Premier League this year, season ticket holders can purchase next years ticket at 25% of this years prices, could be only £62. Would a pledge like this for promotion to the Championship benefit sales and anyone know if we have any posters anywhere around town?
Message to non-season ticket holders on 11:25 - Jul 7 with 2535 viewstazzydjr

Message to non-season ticket holders on 10:23 - Jul 7 by onedalefan

Stood on Blackburn station at the weekend and noticed that they had a large poster hanging up advertising part season tickets, aiming to attract people who may pass through from outlying areas. Just been on their website and they have a pledge that if they get promoted to the Premier League this year, season ticket holders can purchase next years ticket at 25% of this years prices, could be only £62. Would a pledge like this for promotion to the Championship benefit sales and anyone know if we have any posters anywhere around town?

The thing about Rovers is there dare to go the extra mile I've had leaflets through my door for their games with promotions on these leaflets

The sooner we own the stadia the better for everyone involved including them egg chasers who'll need to visit https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en so they can budget and pay their way towards stadia upkeep

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:18 - Jul 7 with 2453 viewsYouTubeDale

Message to non-season ticket holders on 11:25 - Jul 7 by tazzydjr

The thing about Rovers is there dare to go the extra mile I've had leaflets through my door for their games with promotions on these leaflets

The sooner we own the stadia the better for everyone involved including them egg chasers who'll need to visit https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en so they can budget and pay their way towards stadia upkeep

I am pretty sure that Hornets are up to date with their payments and so that is not the issue Taz.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:51 - Jul 7 with 2393 viewsdingdangblue

Message to non-season ticket holders on 11:25 - Jul 7 by tazzydjr

If we buy the stadium we'll be responsible for the upkeep - nowt to do with Hornets who'll just be rent paying tenants.

Message to non-season ticket holders on 15:23 - Jul 7 with 2302 views1mark1

Message to non-season ticket holders on 12:51 - Jul 7 by dingdangblue

If we buy the stadium we'll be responsible for the upkeep - nowt to do with Hornets who'll just be rent paying tenants.

They are rent paying tenants now.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024