Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Passport to leisure 15:27 - Jul 25 with 28899 viewstazzydjr

The club has scrapped the scheme means the crowd will fall even more in possibly what could of been the clubs biggest ever revenue season since Burnley, Wigan, Bury, Blackpool and the Yorkshire sides was in League 1 North

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Passport to leisure on 20:25 - Jul 26 with 3110 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 19:41 - Jul 26 by mightydale

what would you class tazzy as then less fortunate or damm right lazy fcuker who wants everything for fcuk all.

I can't comment on that as I don't know his situation and wouldn't like to generalise as there might be reasons behind him struggling to find a job.
Passport to leisure on 20:31 - Jul 26 with 3084 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 20:21 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

You've missed my point completely, the one I was making is that surely its better to have some money coming in while there's empty seats in the stadium than none at all. Our attendances are shocking as they are without losing others who used the scheme to gain entry.

The scheme from my knowledge has been running for at least 7/8 years so why all the outrage now?

Why dont pubs drop prices for the "less fortunate" to attend as theres always empty seats in many pubs i go in using that analogy?
Its like ringing up ticketmaster about a concert ticket and asking them for a deal as your currently out of work,they'd laugh at you.You pay the going rate to attend any entertainment
Passport to leisure on 20:35 - Jul 26 with 3076 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 20:31 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

Why dont pubs drop prices for the "less fortunate" to attend as theres always empty seats in many pubs i go in using that analogy?
Its like ringing up ticketmaster about a concert ticket and asking them for a deal as your currently out of work,they'd laugh at you.You pay the going rate to attend any entertainment

There's a chance that that concert/gig would sell out at full price though, you often see heavily discounted events on sites like Groupon etc when they are struggling to sell tickets. Surely its better to have people in the ground than have more empty spaces???? This is basic business common sense if you have a product that isn't selling. On your pubs point those that are struggling and don't change with customer demographics end up closed so can't see what you are trying to say really, its common sense.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 20:37]
Passport to leisure on 20:38 - Jul 26 with 3060 views49thseason

Passport to leisure on 20:21 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

You've missed my point completely, the one I was making is that surely its better to have some money coming in while there's empty seats in the stadium than none at all. Our attendances are shocking as they are without losing others who used the scheme to gain entry.

The scheme from my knowledge has been running for at least 7/8 years so why all the outrage now?

I have no idea how the PfL worked. Did the council make up the difference in the price charged? Was the club simply expected to let people in at a lower price? Who made sure that people applying for PfL were entitled to one? Was there a limit on the number of PfLs available? Have the club pulled the plug in response to the councils intransigence on the Stadium Company purchase? Is it all down to a change of emphasis at Link4life?

Ultimately we do not know who made the decision to change the PfL entry to Spotland, but it is apparent that the club has decided not to bother with some sort of replacement scheme as is their right. Unemployment is falling , vacancies are rising and wages are increasing , maybe the BoD simply didn't think it was worth the additional aggravation?
Passport to leisure on 20:45 - Jul 26 with 3035 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 20:38 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

I have no idea how the PfL worked. Did the council make up the difference in the price charged? Was the club simply expected to let people in at a lower price? Who made sure that people applying for PfL were entitled to one? Was there a limit on the number of PfLs available? Have the club pulled the plug in response to the councils intransigence on the Stadium Company purchase? Is it all down to a change of emphasis at Link4life?

Ultimately we do not know who made the decision to change the PfL entry to Spotland, but it is apparent that the club has decided not to bother with some sort of replacement scheme as is their right. Unemployment is falling , vacancies are rising and wages are increasing , maybe the BoD simply didn't think it was worth the additional aggravation?

From what I'm aware it was just those who qualified eg those on various benefits including child tax credits???? Were admitted at a reduced price. To gain a pass you have to show relevant documentation showing you are entitled to the scheme and then pay a fee.

I think link4life could be separate from the council so who knows why it has been stopped if that is the case.
Passport to leisure on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 3014 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 20:35 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

There's a chance that that concert/gig would sell out at full price though, you often see heavily discounted events on sites like Groupon etc when they are struggling to sell tickets. Surely its better to have people in the ground than have more empty spaces???? This is basic business common sense if you have a product that isn't selling. On your pubs point those that are struggling and don't change with customer demographics end up closed so can't see what you are trying to say really, its common sense.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 20:37]

Your correct about concerts yes they are discounted to EVERYONE not just the "less fortunate" so kind of makes that invalid.
Id hazard a guess that every single pub in the country has many many empty seats 75% of the week,why dont they drop the price for the "less fortunate" to fill the pub every night of every week then using your empty seat theory,surely its better to have a full pub than an emtpy one,its common sense?
Passport to leisure on 20:53 - Jul 26 with 2994 views_dezzy

Passport to leisure on 20:50 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

Your correct about concerts yes they are discounted to EVERYONE not just the "less fortunate" so kind of makes that invalid.
Id hazard a guess that every single pub in the country has many many empty seats 75% of the week,why dont they drop the price for the "less fortunate" to fill the pub every night of every week then using your empty seat theory,surely its better to have a full pub than an emtpy one,its common sense?

Quite a few pubs in town indeed drop there prices during the day time to attract more customers, Also some pubs run happy hours when less busy to get people in.

KHBA

Passport to leisure on 20:54 - Jul 26 with 2990 viewsflyerdale

Passport to leisure on 20:50 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

Pubs do try and do that though they have happy hours etc. I just can't see were your coming from at all here, just stop and think about it. It's for the good of the club that some money comes in rather than none while there is capacity to do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Passport to leisure on 21:14 - Jul 26 with 2936 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 20:54 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

Pubs do try and do that though they have happy hours etc. I just can't see were your coming from at all here, just stop and think about it. It's for the good of the club that some money comes in rather than none while there is capacity to do so.

Id be much happier that the club are giving away thousands of free tickets to school children from the borough who inturn would have to attend with a paying adult anyway.
What other entertainment would you expect to receive a discounted entrance fee for being "less fortunate"?
Again your reasoning doesnt make sense,as happy hour applies to all customers not just the "less fortunate"
Passport to leisure on 21:14 - Jul 26 with 2926 viewsPDIDDY

But the feel your sister festival is free admission for all, nice one Cyril... Don't marry her fcuk me

Gissa job

Passport to leisure on 21:20 - Jul 26 with 2908 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 20:53 - Jul 26 by _dezzy

Quite a few pubs in town indeed drop there prices during the day time to attract more customers, Also some pubs run happy hours when less busy to get people in.

To the benefit of all customers not just the "less fortunate" then?
Passport to leisure on 21:23 - Jul 26 with 2901 views49thseason

Passport to leisure on 20:45 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

From what I'm aware it was just those who qualified eg those on various benefits including child tax credits???? Were admitted at a reduced price. To gain a pass you have to show relevant documentation showing you are entitled to the scheme and then pay a fee.

I think link4life could be separate from the council so who knows why it has been stopped if that is the case.

I believe Link4life is owned by RMBC but run as an "arms length" company. in other words it is free to do more or less what it likes as long as it provides leisure facilities within the borough. I think the original contract has about 8 more years to run. A new CEO was appointed a few months ago to try and clear up the mess left by the somewhat dodgy Craig McAteer and his sidekick who attempted to charge their annual holidays to their L4L credit cards.
On the L4L website there is mention of a new card which replaced the Passport in April 2015
http://www.link4life.org/images/your-link4life-card/67095-your-link4life-leaflet

Looks like the passport now only covers L4L activities.
Passport to leisure on 21:23 - Jul 26 with 2901 viewsR17ALE

Passport to leisure on 20:54 - Jul 26 by flyerdale

I get your point, I do, but a line has to be drawn. Where it is drawn is impossible to decide with equal clarification and fairness.

It makes me laugh when lefties bang on about the vulnerable. Who decides who is vulnerable?

Is it decided on age, health, iq, income? How old do you have to be to be considered vulnerable? And are all 80 year olds of the same health?

Is a drinker more vulnerable than someone who is a regular at Greggs?

And you've tripped yersen up with the happy hours comment as they are available to everyone, not just ptl holders.

Just imagine the outrage from the left if happy hours were only available to the poorest in society.

It's be the greedy breweries are preying on the poor getting them to let their kids starve so they could have a half price pint of mild, before getting their leg over behind the brewery on the way home.

I'll standby my earlier post, the ethos behind it is: Tazzy can change his situation by going to the club, explaining his situation, and putting in a shift to earn a ticket. Furthermore, if he did, I'd respect him all the more, and a little bit of me would love Dale even more for being flexible enough to show that they care about the little man who wants desperately to support his team, but currently feels priced out.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Passport to leisure on 21:27 - Jul 26 with 2877 views_dezzy

Passport to leisure on 21:20 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

To the benefit of all customers not just the "less fortunate" then?

Have you been in the litten tree. old blue lounge. white lion spread eagle, and the reed on a Monday afternoon, Most of the punters on the reduced prices are on benefits

KHBA

Passport to leisure on 21:33 - Jul 26 with 2857 viewsdoleydale

Passport to leisure on 21:23 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

I believe Link4life is owned by RMBC but run as an "arms length" company. in other words it is free to do more or less what it likes as long as it provides leisure facilities within the borough. I think the original contract has about 8 more years to run. A new CEO was appointed a few months ago to try and clear up the mess left by the somewhat dodgy Craig McAteer and his sidekick who attempted to charge their annual holidays to their L4L credit cards.
On the L4L website there is mention of a new card which replaced the Passport in April 2015
http://www.link4life.org/images/your-link4life-card/67095-your-link4life-leaflet

Looks like the passport now only covers L4L activities.

It is indeed a link 4 life card. I have one. It gets you into places like the new leisure centre in town for half price. During the day

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Passport to leisure on 21:33 - Jul 26 with 2848 viewsPDIDDY

Passport to leisure on 21:27 - Jul 26 by _dezzy

Have you been in the litten tree. old blue lounge. white lion spread eagle, and the reed on a Monday afternoon, Most of the punters on the reduced prices are on benefits

You forgot the grassy area from were they moved that bench nr spotty, usually loads of paraffin heads there

Gissa job

Passport to leisure on 21:35 - Jul 26 with 2851 views_dezzy

Passport to leisure on 21:33 - Jul 26 by PDIDDY

You forgot the grassy area from were they moved that bench nr spotty, usually loads of paraffin heads there

But the shop next to it doesn't drop its prices during the day

KHBA

Passport to leisure on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 2836 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 21:27 - Jul 26 by _dezzy

The very same people no doubt moaning how hard life is and how little money they have,so please let me in Spotland cheap as im in the "less fortunate" brigade.
Your points very true dezzy
Passport to leisure on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 2817 viewsPDIDDY

Passport to leisure on 21:35 - Jul 26 by _dezzy

But the shop next to it doesn't drop its prices during the day

Don't say owt but they bring their own

Gissa job

Passport to leisure on 21:52 - Jul 26 with 2797 viewsflyerdale

I don't think this thread is going anywhere now, just round in circles. If it has been stopped then that's a bad case of affairs IMHO but it is what it is. Just hope it won't backfire on attendances too much.

Up The Dale
Passport to leisure on 22:28 - Jul 26 with 2748 views1mark1

Passport to leisure on 20:02 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

By that logic, maybe Tesco should reduce prices for "those less fortunate". Perhaps mobile phone companies should reduce tariffs, maybe breweries would knock a few pence off a pint? Why not go the whole hog and let "those less fortunate" have everything for free?

RAFC is a limited company. It does not exist as some sort of charitable institution. Its Directors run the company in such a way that it does not encounter financial difficulties and consequently they have set a price for their product which will enable the company to continue trading into the foreseeable future.

I am growing increasingly tired of Guardian-reading, yoghurt-knitters attempting to tell those engaged in the day to day travails of business how to go about their jobs especially when so many of them seem to have little or no experience of ever getting their hands sullied by the tedious activity of work, saving and going without those things they cannot afford.

Put simply, no one has the "right" to attend entertainments they cannot afford. There are two options - do without or find a way of affording it. Blaming RAFC or Link4life and expecting them to solve the problems of "those less fortunate" is not a real world solution and the people who really "live in a bubble" are those that expect someone else to solve their problems.

As far as I am concerned, Dale can charge what they want, but they can't complain when people don't turn up to games in the numbers they would like due to having more important things to spend their money on, including food shopping at Tesco.

I for one don't expect lower priced tickets for particular groups of fans, but favour overall lower prices, and special offers like 4 for 3 or, books of 10 games for the price of 8, so long as the price does not undercut ST holders. The price for the main stand can be £25 to match the away stand, but with a voucher for a fiver or so knocked off being made available to all Dale fans who register as a Dale fan through the official site, and being distributed at every subsequent home game, so that Dale fans get in cheaper than the away fans.

Those who believe the Club are right with pricing policy, should also not complain about lack of numbers turning up at games, as that very policy will mean less turning up, while people have more important things to spend their hard earned wages on, like food at Tescos for their families, or school uniforms for their children etc.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Passport to leisure on 23:35 - Jul 26 with 2671 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Passport to leisure on 20:38 - Jul 26 by 49thseason

I personally have no idea how financially successful or otherwise the PtL scheme was for the football club. However, I suspect someone at the football club...Mr. Garlick for example...does!

For the club to have taken a decision such as this, it would most likely make financial sense.

Tell me if I'm being naive by all means.
Passport to leisure on 23:42 - Jul 26 with 2656 viewsD_Alien

Passport to leisure on 23:35 - Jul 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

I personally have no idea how financially successful or otherwise the PtL scheme was for the football club. However, I suspect someone at the football club...Mr. Garlick for example...does!

For the club to have taken a decision such as this, it would most likely make financial sense.

Tell me if I'm being naive by all means.

Best not to be means tested

[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 23:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Passport to leisure on 00:05 - Jul 27 with 2630 viewsbig_dave2010

Passport to leisure on 20:09 - Jul 26 by TVOS1907

Further to that - and I include myself in this - I'm sure there are Dale fans on here willing to advise Tazzy regarding his CV and job applications.

You could also ask at the office about vacancies with the turnstile operators.
I have done that job the best part of 15 years, very easy to do and you get paid and can watch the matches once you've finished too.
Passport to leisure on 01:35 - Jul 27 with 2590 viewsTVOS1907

Passport to leisure on 00:05 - Jul 27 by big_dave2010

You could also ask at the office about vacancies with the turnstile operators.
I have done that job the best part of 15 years, very easy to do and you get paid and can watch the matches once you've finished too.

By 'you', I presume you mean Tazzy and others in his situation, Dave?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024