Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plant pot on his head 17:01 - Aug 29 with 11635 views442Dale

Johnson must have had it on himself at some stage. They were awful, we were reasonably ace and you felt that if we'd got out of third gear or taken advantage of a few more of the openings we created then it could have been very silly.

Henderson had his best game of the season in the midfield three, leave him there for a while now, and Andrew did as much as you want from a no. 9 at this level.

Word for the defence, best in the division. The improvements have been noticeable.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 17:01]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Plant pot on his head on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 7345 viewsaleanddale

When the fans are happier messing with a plant pot you know they have had a bad day ( last 15 mins ).

Barnsley the worse side we have seen this season ( Blackpool included ) and Dale go from very good to excellent.

Could and maybe should have had 5!!
Plant pot on his head on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 7164 viewsYouTubeDale

A fantastic strike for Andrew's goal. He scores when he wants. He could have scored a hat-trick today but he didn't want to.
A typical Vincenti header to consolidate our lead. And a well worked goal between Allen and Hendo for the third goal. It should have been more but it just didn't fall for us at times.

I liked Hendo falling deeper and Raff playing the holding role. He looks very comfortable there. Just like the Hull game, and I thought Hilly would do the same today and it worked a treat.

It's only August but I am sticking my neck out already and say we will be in the play-offs at the end of the season. We've got the quality and the know-how. Even RNL played a blinder for the few minutes he was on the pitch. And when he was called upon Lillis did the business.

It all looks good.

Having said that, Barnsley were poor. They must have been in double figures for the amount of times they passed the ball too long.

Well done Dale.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 17:47]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Plant pot on his head on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 6992 viewsDaley_Lama

Barnsley for me were getting into the game at 1-0, when we had failed to extend our lead with some really good chances.

The Peter V goal knocked the stuffing out of them at the perfect time for me.

They were good down their right, yet i remember their LB being ace last season. Today he was poor.

Our to CH's kept Winnall totally out if the game, full credit to them, he is a good bad un.

Wes Hoolipants dive at the end was stunningly sad.

Josh did a great save second half, faultless performance.

4th clean sheet from 5.

Barnsley are not a poor team. We made them look poor though.

Poll: DF in or out

Plant pot on his head on 17:52 - Aug 29 with 6868 viewsD_Alien

Plant pot on his head on 17:39 - Aug 29 by Daley_Lama

Barnsley for me were getting into the game at 1-0, when we had failed to extend our lead with some really good chances.

They were good down their right, yet i remember their LB being ace last season. Today he was poor.

Our to CH's kept Winnall totally out if the game, full credit to them, he is a good bad un.

4th clean sheet from 5.

Agree with that. There's a decent L1 outfit in there somewhere but we were simply better than them and could've had 5 or 6

Our superb ball retention and cutting moves aside ( ) the thing that pleased me most was keeping them at bay from corners and long throw-ins after our defeat there less than 10 games ago

MoM Joe Rafferty, who IMO can only get better in that role the more he plays there. More solid than Bennett and in releasing Allen upfield gives our attack one hell of a cutting edge with hendo and McD interchanging passes at a level above L1

Final word for Calvin. He's looking a unit this year with full match fitness

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Plant pot on his head on 17:59 - Aug 29 with 6771 views442Dale

Plant pot on his head on 17:52 - Aug 29 by D_Alien

Agree with that. There's a decent L1 outfit in there somewhere but we were simply better than them and could've had 5 or 6

Our superb ball retention and cutting moves aside ( ) the thing that pleased me most was keeping them at bay from corners and long throw-ins after our defeat there less than 10 games ago

MoM Joe Rafferty, who IMO can only get better in that role the more he plays there. More solid than Bennett and in releasing Allen upfield gives our attack one hell of a cutting edge with hendo and McD interchanging passes at a level above L1

Final word for Calvin. He's looking a unit this year with full match fitness

Rafferty could play the Cavanagh role. Could. All down to him.

He did really well today.

Plant pot on his head on 18:01 - Aug 29 with 6682 viewsRotherhamDale

I thought Calvin was excellent. He held the ball up all day, bullied the central defenders and won plenty of headers.

Allen didn't give the ball away to my knowledge, he's exceptional at times.

Possession with progression.

Plant pot on his head on 18:06 - Aug 29 with 6632 viewsdingdangblue

Superb that, obviously them resting their best 2 players helped but even with them on we looked a cut above. Just a little lackluster attack wise today - it really could have been 5-0 at ht but we were so slow at times - only a minor grumble. Donal looks a class apart and Jamie Allen was his usual majestic self. A word for Peter V also - best game by far. Onwards and upwards.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Plant pot on his head on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 6586 viewsTalkingSutty

Plant pot on his head on 18:01 - Aug 29 by RotherhamDale

I thought Calvin was excellent. He held the ball up all day, bullied the central defenders and won plenty of headers.

Allen didn't give the ball away to my knowledge, he's exceptional at times.

Allen was the puppet master today, he ran the show. On our day we can carve any team up at Spotland and today I think we still had plenty left in the tank.

Big Jims a unsung hero, he's brought a calmness to our defence and we are holding a higher line, he's a organiser. The Black Pearl is the Black Pearl.....there is nothing else to add about his all action performance.

What looked a difficult game on paper turned into a stroll, it was a training exercise with a third of the game left to play.

Dicky Bird, Parky, Darren Gough, Kes......your boys took a hell of a beating!!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 7:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Plant pot on his head on 18:19 - Aug 29 with 6505 viewsdeeplishblue

Plant pot on his head on 18:11 - Aug 29 by TalkingSutty

Allen was the puppet master today, he ran the show. On our day we can carve any team up at Spotland and today I think we still had plenty left in the tank.

Big Jims a unsung hero, he's brought a calmness to our defence and we are holding a higher line, he's a organiser. The Black Pearl is the Black Pearl.....there is nothing else to add about his all action performance.

What looked a difficult game on paper turned into a stroll, it was a training exercise with a third of the game left to play.

Dicky Bird, Parky, Darren Gough, Kes......your boys took a hell of a beating!!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 7:17]

You forgot Michael Parkinson.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Plant pot on his head on 18:32 - Aug 29 with 6396 viewsTVOS1907

Plant pot on his head on 18:19 - Aug 29 by deeplishblue

You forgot Michael Parkinson.

Parky?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plant pot on his head on 18:34 - Aug 29 with 6378 viewsTVOS1907

Plant pot on his head on 17:39 - Aug 29 by Daley_Lama

4th clean sheet from 5.

Wes Hoolipants plays for Norwich.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plant pot on his head on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 6294 viewsDaley_Lama

Plant pot on his head on 18:34 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Wes Hoolipants plays for Norwich.

Ooops. My bad.

Conor Hotpants

Plant pot on his head on 18:47 - Aug 29 with 6233 viewsNinco

What did they throw the Barnsley fan out for? Saw someone struggling with the police, then being led out.
Plant pot on his head on 18:52 - Aug 29 with 6170 viewsColDale

Plant pot on his head on 18:47 - Aug 29 by Ninco

What did they throw the Barnsley fan out for? Saw someone struggling with the police, then being led out.

The Police were trying to get by to speak to the bloke with a plant pot on his head. Looked like the guy kicked out was being deliberately obstructive to the Police and not letting them past. Unusual to see the Police get involved in something so trivial as they usually only get called upon if its something the stewards can't handle.
Plant pot on his head on 18:53 - Aug 29 with 6156 viewsDaley_Lama

Plant pot on his head on 18:47 - Aug 29 by Ninco

They planted pot on him.*

A joke. Poor one.

They were chucking a plant pot around and singing he's got a plant pot on his head. The police didn't like this and chucked a bloke out acording to the barnsley lot.

Plant pot on his head on 19:14 - Aug 29 with 6024 viewsNinco

Plant pot on his head on 18:53 - Aug 29 by Daley_Lama

They planted pot on him.*

A joke. Poor one.

They were chucking a plant pot around and singing he's got a plant pot on his head. The police didn't like this and chucked a bloke out acording to the barnsley lot.

From where we were sat, in the main stand, we couldn't really hear what they were singing, and it sounded like he's got a bar code on his head.
Plant pot on his head on 19:42 - Aug 29 with 5901 viewsBrighouseDale

Plant pot on his head on 19:14 - Aug 29 by Ninco

From where we were sat, in the main stand, we couldn't really hear what they were singing, and it sounded like he's got a bar code on his head.

I couldn't tell if they were singing flat cap or bath tub. The bloke who had his collar felt got what he deserved from where I was standing.

But anyway, what a performance. Really enjoying Raff in a more attacking / supportive role, Calvin is a different player this season! And let's not forget Andy Cannon's magic feet, goodness me he is a pleasure to watch.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Plant pot on his head on 20:52 - Aug 29 with 5669 viewsstuartcryer

5 if we had scored 8 today it would have not been a surprise

wardle blue

Plant pot on his head on 01:00 - Aug 30 with 5408 viewsred1289

Congratulations to you lads on the victory today - it was thoroughly deserved! Often, in games like this, the losing side can moan how badly they played but today credit has to be given to Rochdale as you were excellent all game. I was very impressed with how effective your whole team structure was and how organised and resolute you were out of possession.
As most Hill sides he has got you playing with a real energy and determination. Henderson, Mcdermott and Allen are very talented footballers but I was equally impressed with Rafferty's maturity in the holding role and Andrew's hold up play - deserved his MOTM.
Can't not mention Mcnulty who had his critics at Barnsley. He lead brilliantly from the back.

Genuinely hope you can keep a hold of your 'key players' this term and mount a serious play off charge. Hill and his staff have assembled an impressive side on limited funds.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 1:05]
Plant pot on his head on 09:15 - Aug 30 with 5150 viewsaleanddale

Plant pot on his head on 01:00 - Aug 30 by red1289

Congratulations to you lads on the victory today - it was thoroughly deserved! Often, in games like this, the losing side can moan how badly they played but today credit has to be given to Rochdale as you were excellent all game. I was very impressed with how effective your whole team structure was and how organised and resolute you were out of possession.
As most Hill sides he has got you playing with a real energy and determination. Henderson, Mcdermott and Allen are very talented footballers but I was equally impressed with Rafferty's maturity in the holding role and Andrew's hold up play - deserved his MOTM.
Can't not mention Mcnulty who had his critics at Barnsley. He lead brilliantly from the back.

Genuinely hope you can keep a hold of your 'key players' this term and mount a serious play off charge. Hill and his staff have assembled an impressive side on limited funds.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 1:05]

Very gracious ...

Cheers Red. Good luck for the season yourself. Your obviously not as bad as that every week!!

Onto Fleetwood now for ourselves... Fantastic start to our season.
Plant pot on his head on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 5120 viewsR17ALE

To get back to the thread title, I'm very concerned.

It's easy for us to label the visiting fans as Yorkshire men, full of beer and banter, going to the football, and we welcome 1295 x £23.

However, when around 500 of these prefer to take their amusement from watching a man wearing a plant pot, and to sing about it for 20 minutes, you do have to wonder about the rationale of many Barnsley fans.

Putting it into monetary terms, Barnsley fans have paid Dale around £3000 to come and sing about a man wearing a plant pot on his head.

Even in a world filled with bionic drugs, this is not normal behaviour, and it does prompt the "can we play you every week" riposte.

But it will be glossed over as football banter and nowt as queer as Yorkshire folk.

Ask yourself though: Have you ever taken a plant pot to a match?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Plant pot on his head on 10:02 - Aug 30 with 5019 views442Dale

Plant pot on his head on 09:25 - Aug 30 by R17ALE

It's easy for us to label the visiting fans as Yorkshire men, full of beer and banter, going to the football, and we welcome 1295 x £23.

However, when around 500 of these prefer to take their amusement from watching a man wearing a plant pot, and to sing about it for 20 minutes, you do have to wonder about the rationale of many Barnsley fans.

Putting it into monetary terms, Barnsley fans have paid Dale around £3000 to come and sing about a man wearing a plant pot on his head.

Even in a world filled with bionic drugs, this is not normal behaviour, and it does prompt the "can we play you every week" riposte.

But it will be glossed over as football banter and nowt as queer as Yorkshire folk.

No, but I now wish we'd stocked up at All In One every week throughout the Barrow era.

Plant pot on his head on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 4870 viewsYouTubeDale

You can add another nought onto that £3000. Make that £30k.

Fans do it for the love...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Plant pot on his head on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 4839 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Plant pot on his head on 17:59 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

Rafferty could play the Cavanagh role. Could. All down to him.

He did really well today.

Agree......MOM for me

Raff just needs to control his discipline (which he did really well today) and we have another super find.
Plant pot on his head on 11:15 - Aug 30 with 4811 views_dezzy

Also How did they get it into the ground, I have seen stewards searching bags at the Pearl St end

KHBA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024