Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1992307 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:22 - Nov 6 with 6298 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:20 - Nov 6 by deeplishblue

With reference to winding up orders - are they not just a tactic by HMRC to ensure they get what is owed - does not necessarily mean financial melt-down.

Didn't Dale get hit with a winding up order when we sold Alfie?

They are a very effective tactic at forcing payment, but not usually the first port of call.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:31 - Nov 6 with 6252 views442Dale

Of course any decent journalist will be asking questions about this should they be coming into contact with the club in the next 24 hours.

Over to you Mr Wagg.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:33 - Nov 6 with 6248 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:31 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

Of course any decent journalist will be asking questions about this should they be coming into contact with the club in the next 24 hours.

Over to you Mr Wagg.

"It's not a wind up, is it Matey?"

"Out of the 3,000 (HMRC) petitions, 1,887 firms were closed last year due to unpaid tax bills, according to the Business Finance website, Funding Options. It is a 4% rise from the year before.

While there has been a slight rise in the number of firms closing due to HMRC’s actions, the numbers are generally quite small per year. As the economy continues to improve and the number of insolvent companies decline, it’s not surprising that there are fewer companies in financial trouble. "

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:39 - Nov 6 with 6226 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:37 - Nov 6 by BigDaveMyCock

The post about the London Gazette is true but they don't do this until 7 or 5 (can't recall) business days prior to hearing. So next week if not settled. I think it closes at 4.00 pm.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 15:40]

If the case does get listed in the Gazette on Monday then their bank are obliged to freeze their accounts, as I understand it.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:42 - Nov 6 with 6207 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:39 - Nov 6 by judd

If the case does get listed in the Gazette on Monday then their bank are obliged to freeze their accounts, as I understand it.

Not sure about that. I'll look into it on Monday.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:45 - Nov 6 with 6194 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:42 - Nov 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Not sure about that. I'll look into it on Monday.

After the petition advertisement.

At this stage the bank will find out and they will generally FREEZE the company's bank account to prevent any "disposition" or sale of assets at undervalue or other illegal acts by the directors. This can paralyse the company and stop it trading. Actually it is not legally necessary for the bank to freeze the bank account, but most banks tend to do this. Important Note: Recently the banks have been employing agents to search the court register for companies that have had winding up petitions. This means that they can find out BEFORE the petition is advertised! Either way if you receive a petition you must ACT.

1.Freezing of Company Bank Accounts and Assets
Why do bank's freeze accounts? Well the technical answer is under section 127(1) of the Insolvency Act 1986, if a company is wound up, any sale of the company's property, any transfer of shares made after the commencement of the winding-up is void, unless otherwise ordered by the court. This means that it is very difficult for a company to continue to trade after a winding up petition is advertised. Banks therefore assume that they have to freeze the accounts to stop assets being dispositioned. It is a safe step in their eyes.

OK, so they are not obligated, but heh ho...

You in the pub tomorrow, BDMC?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:47 - Nov 6 with 6183 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:45 - Nov 6 by judd

At this stage the bank will find out and they will generally FREEZE the company's bank account to prevent any "disposition" or sale of assets at undervalue or other illegal acts by the directors. This can paralyse the company and stop it trading. Actually it is not legally necessary for the bank to freeze the bank account, but most banks tend to do this. Important Note: Recently the banks have been employing agents to search the court register for companies that have had winding up petitions. This means that they can find out BEFORE the petition is advertised! Either way if you receive a petition you must ACT.

Why do bank's freeze accounts? Well the technical answer is under section 127(1) of the Insolvency Act 1986, if a company is wound up, any sale of the company's property, any transfer of shares made after the commencement of the winding-up is void, unless otherwise ordered by the court. This means that it is very difficult for a company to continue to trade after a winding up petition is advertised. Banks therefore assume that they have to freeze the accounts to stop assets being dispositioned. It is a safe step in their eyes.

Yep, pre-game.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:13 - Nov 6 with 6106 viewsaleanddale

If FC Bury start low enough down the pyramid they can offer Paddy Kenny a 4 Year deal AND get bishop and Sodje back!!
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Nov 6 with 6037 viewsR17ALE

So, does that mean basically, if bury lose their hearing on Nov 16th this means HMRC can seize bfc plus giggle lane and liquidate it selling everything off to repay the creditors of which one big one will undoubtedly be Day's Sports Management business who borrowed massively before lending to bfc at high interest rates?

And Day also has first dabs on buying the land?

I've tried keeping up with this saga over the last two years but it's not easy. In fact it's bloody hard work. But it's much more interesting than black managers!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:46 - Nov 6 with 6002 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:26 - Nov 6 by milly

Been on the Board from aged 18.Took over my Fathers business at 28,Yes,i am a Chairman i suppose.

So from having so much experience, what do feel about HMRC issues?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:59 - Nov 6 with 5964 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Nov 6 by R17ALE

So, does that mean basically, if bury lose their hearing on Nov 16th this means HMRC can seize bfc plus giggle lane and liquidate it selling everything off to repay the creditors of which one big one will undoubtedly be Day's Sports Management business who borrowed massively before lending to bfc at high interest rates?

And Day also has first dabs on buying the land?

I've tried keeping up with this saga over the last two years but it's not easy. In fact it's bloody hard work. But it's much more interesting than black managers!

The official receiver will have to take the best offers he can secure in order to satisfy creditors. I expect bury will pay up or reach an agreemeet on a payment plan before the court hearing.
HMRC have a liquidation rate of 63% on petitions issued in the last year.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Nov 6 with 5957 viewsmilly

All depends,i cant make payments unless customers pay me.There have been times when ive had to stand in front of them explaining late payments.Once im paid they get paid,simple.Believe me,it is not as daunting as it seems.They are very understanding people really.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:01 - Nov 6 with 5951 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Nov 6 by milly

All depends,i cant make payments unless customers pay me.There have been times when ive had to stand in front of them explaining late payments.Once im paid they get paid,simple.Believe me,it is not as daunting as it seems.They are very understanding people really.

Have you checked with your Bury mate about what's happening over there?

Pass on that bit about how understanding they are, it'll cheer him up.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:14 - Nov 6 with 5908 viewsmilly

My line of business means that these sort of hearings are quite common.Its basically Bulk selection and hoping they get at least one success out of each bulk hearings.In my opinion,if everything is above board and pay regularly when payments come in,then you get the trust.But Bulk hearings are done by the computer system and not a real person so to speak,so,even the trusted ones can be dragged to a hearing.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 19:16]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:17 - Nov 6 with 5891 views442Dale

Looking on their forum, it appears a statement has been sent out to Forever Bury members ahead of being made public. Since then, with this latest development, surely they will now be looking at their position again and asking for immediate clarification from the club?

Any response or lack thereof should be put into the public domain immediately. None of this: "FB members will receive additional information to that distributed generally, either of a more sensitive nature, and/or just as a matter of courtesy for being a member. Remember also, little can go on a public message board for obvious reasons."

At this stage they represent the fans (who are all potential members anyway)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Nov 6 with 5803 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:14 - Nov 6 by milly

My line of business means that these sort of hearings are quite common.Its basically Bulk selection and hoping they get at least one success out of each bulk hearings.In my opinion,if everything is above board and pay regularly when payments come in,then you get the trust.But Bulk hearings are done by the computer system and not a real person so to speak,so,even the trusted ones can be dragged to a hearing.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 19:16]

Yeah, but what has he said to you about the situation? You were always good for Gigg-related (not BL9weekender gigs, obviously) posts.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Nov 6 with 5802 viewsmilly

What makes you say that? i would never join any sort of organisation like that.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:27 - Nov 6 with 5778 viewsmilly

Ive had around 6 or 7 hearings but id still say i am good Buisnessman.How can i pay if im not paid? Thankfully,they understand this because they know they will receive once i receive.
Plenty not in the know may think i am not,due to those hearings.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:28 - Nov 6 with 5776 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Nov 6 by milly

What makes you say that? i would never join any sort of organisation like that.

You might not, but any supporters organisation should endeavour to not only represent fans, but get as many as possible to join - which FB have been doing to their credit. It gives the organisation more strength and also allows the members to push the people who represent them and demand answers.

If you were a Bury fan I'd be strongly advising that you join Forever Bury right away.

But you're not. So join the Dale Trust instead.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:31 - Nov 6 with 5765 viewsmilly

Not for me mate,politics and football dont mix.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Nov 6 with 5727 viewsmilly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:28 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

You might not, but any supporters organisation should endeavour to not only represent fans, but get as many as possible to join - which FB have been doing to their credit. It gives the organisation more strength and also allows the members to push the people who represent them and demand answers.

If you were a Bury fan I'd be strongly advising that you join Forever Bury right away.

But you're not. So join the Dale Trust instead.

According to a few lads i know from Bury,They have no time for FB.When handed leaflets they just bin them in the nearest bin.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:43 - Nov 6 with 5716 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Nov 6 by milly

According to a few lads i know from Bury,They have no time for FB.When handed leaflets they just bin them in the nearest bin.

A good place to bin something.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:45 - Nov 6 with 5703 viewsBigKindo

c.f Northampton Town who had their bank account frozen last week and are having the players wages paid by the PFA. Oh and by the way. The last set of Bury FC accounts show an outstanding charge raised on May 11 2013 stating the PFA. I assume that this is the loan made to pay the players wages through the summer some 17 days before their present benefactors arrived in town.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:46 - Nov 6 with 5697 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Nov 6 by milly

Then they're not thinking things through well enough.

Nothing to do with politics, football is about the fans. Get onto them now and tell them to get behind Forever Bury.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - Nov 6 with 5684 viewsmilly

I could ask for the rest of my life and i would be wasting my time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024