Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Banners 06:53 - Dec 1 with 10209 viewsmikehunt

Should the 'Trophy Virgins' banner make an appearance at Sunday's game (and I do hope our stewards allow them in) then, perhaps, we could make a 'Delusions Of Grandeur' one pointing in the rabble's direction.
By the way, is the big Dale banner still knocking about?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Banners on 07:26 - Dec 1 with 4713 viewsTalkingSutty

Depends if the stewards use common sense. Before The Port Vale game every supporter was frisked before entering the Pearl Street turnstiles. Even the elderly where pulled to one side and made to stand with their arms out while being searched ( The steward informed me everybody was being searched).Did that happen to the elderly supporters entering the main stand turnstiles?

One of the stewards was searching a lad who must have been aged about 12 years old until i pointed out the error of his ways and embarrassed him, what the hell's going on with that? That could have resulted in a massive problem for the Club. Did these searches take place on all four stands including the main stand or are certain supporters in different stands being discriminated against?

Is it any wonder we struggle to get people to come up to Spotland and what a poor start to the match day experience Saturday was.A low categories game on a wet cold winters day with just over 2000 home fans in attendance and everybody is treated like a criminal, even the old age pensioners.

I can't believe Saturday's searches are linked with the Paris attacks but if that line is trotted out then EVERY person who enters the stadium, male, female, Club staff etc also need to be subjected to the same treatment. The main stand and hospitality areas would be a major target should an attack be planned, so beef up the searches at the Club entrance also.

If searching people entering the Stadium before every game then make sure Stewards are properly trained and leave the kids alone, it's illegal.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 8:02]
Match Banners on 09:04 - Dec 1 with 4603 viewsKenBoon

"Bucket Virgins"
Match Banners on 09:15 - Dec 1 with 4587 viewsmingthemerciless

Match Banners on 07:26 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

Depends if the stewards use common sense. Before The Port Vale game every supporter was frisked before entering the Pearl Street turnstiles. Even the elderly where pulled to one side and made to stand with their arms out while being searched ( The steward informed me everybody was being searched).Did that happen to the elderly supporters entering the main stand turnstiles?

One of the stewards was searching a lad who must have been aged about 12 years old until i pointed out the error of his ways and embarrassed him, what the hell's going on with that? That could have resulted in a massive problem for the Club. Did these searches take place on all four stands including the main stand or are certain supporters in different stands being discriminated against?

Is it any wonder we struggle to get people to come up to Spotland and what a poor start to the match day experience Saturday was.A low categories game on a wet cold winters day with just over 2000 home fans in attendance and everybody is treated like a criminal, even the old age pensioners.

I can't believe Saturday's searches are linked with the Paris attacks but if that line is trotted out then EVERY person who enters the stadium, male, female, Club staff etc also need to be subjected to the same treatment. The main stand and hospitality areas would be a major target should an attack be planned, so beef up the searches at the Club entrance also.

If searching people entering the Stadium before every game then make sure Stewards are properly trained and leave the kids alone, it's illegal.

Very good post. I couldn't agree more.
Match Banners on 09:28 - Dec 1 with 4565 viewsdeeplishblue

I AM NOT A VIRGIN !!

Springfield Park Texas Scramble June 1995 - second place - thank you.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Banners on 10:14 - Dec 1 with 4506 views_dezzy

Can somebody do a banner saying Trophy Cheats ----------->

KHBA

Match Banners on 12:30 - Dec 1 with 4354 viewsD_Alien

Surprised to read this TS, because I walked straight in through the Pearl Street turnstiles about 2.55pm. And I could quite easily pass for a terrorist!

On another note, there were a group of about half a dozen Pakistani lads sat at the back of the Pearl St. They seemed pretty clued up about football but not necessarily about Dale. I don't know what brought them to this particular game but they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it and when we scored the winner I turned round and they were going as mad as everyone else.

On the way out, I made a point of asking them if they'd enjoyed the game (yes, they had) and polite as anything, they asked me had I enjoyed it! Really hope they come back again and maybe encourage some more of their mates too.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 12:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Banners on 12:53 - Dec 1 with 4297 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Banners on 12:30 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

Surprised to read this TS, because I walked straight in through the Pearl Street turnstiles about 2.55pm. And I could quite easily pass for a terrorist!

On another note, there were a group of about half a dozen Pakistani lads sat at the back of the Pearl St. They seemed pretty clued up about football but not necessarily about Dale. I don't know what brought them to this particular game but they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it and when we scored the winner I turned round and they were going as mad as everyone else.

On the way out, I made a point of asking them if they'd enjoyed the game (yes, they had) and polite as anything, they asked me had I enjoyed it! Really hope they come back again and maybe encourage some more of their mates too.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 12:39]

There are quite a few of Asian appearance who sit in the Pearl Street and it's great to see.
Match Banners on 13:56 - Dec 1 with 4177 viewsD_Alien

Match Banners on 12:53 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

There are quite a few of Asian appearance who sit in the Pearl Street and it's great to see.

Aye, maybe they're regulars, just hadn't seen them before.

"of Asian appearance" - yep, you're right. I should've said lads of Pakistani heritage.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:09]

Login to get fewer ads

Match Banners on 14:11 - Dec 1 with 4144 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Banners on 13:56 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

Aye, maybe they're regulars, just hadn't seen them before.

"of Asian appearance" - yep, you're right. I should've said lads of Pakistani heritage.

[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:09]

It's pretty easy to distinguish between Pakistani, Indian, Sri Lankan and even Bangladeshi, i have learned to do that over the years. My Step Mother is Indian and I have travelled to some of those countries so you do have an idea. I am always careful to not just presume somebody of Asian appearance comes from a particular country though. Mistaking an Indian for somebody from Pakistan can cause a lot of problems/cause offence and vice versa. They don't like each other.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 14:12]
Match Banners on 14:37 - Dec 1 with 4089 viewsdingdangblue

Match Banners on 14:11 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

It's pretty easy to distinguish between Pakistani, Indian, Sri Lankan and even Bangladeshi, i have learned to do that over the years. My Step Mother is Indian and I have travelled to some of those countries so you do have an idea. I am always careful to not just presume somebody of Asian appearance comes from a particular country though. Mistaking an Indian for somebody from Pakistan can cause a lot of problems/cause offence and vice versa. They don't like each other.

I thought you meant Chinese.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Banners on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 4065 viewsD_Alien

Match Banners on 14:11 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

I'm glad you posted that TS.

I'd edited my post earlier, deleting "I've learnt to distinguish between people from different Asian backgrounds through working with hundreds of them".

I deleted it for fairly obviously reasons.

Match Banners on 15:01 - Dec 1 with 4038 viewsaleanddale

Bang on TS I nearly started a thread about the frisk searching.

I almost objected at the turnstyle but with Paris etc fresh in the memory I allowed the search.

Gutted I didn't speak up now WTF...

1. Are they properly trained?
2. Have all the necessary background checks been carried out on those doing the frisking?
3. Why are they manhandling kids?
4. Why were some searched and others not?

Its a disgrace I will be making a point if it happens again.

By all means convince me that they are 100% qualified to be doing the search and I might feel differently.

Glad the Asian lads enjoyed the game and I hope they come back on Sunday.
Match Banners on 15:16 - Dec 1 with 4007 viewsisitme

I can understand the searching and would expect more to be done on Sunday, especially for flares in the away end. I remember being searched at the Bury away game and just to be a bit awkward I requested that I was searched by a man rather than the butch woman. It does highlight issues, especially in the light of child protection issues that those under 16 should not be searched (although they could bring in a flare etc?) and there should be female stewards to search female supporters.

In reality profiling should be used to target those who look a bit dodgy!
Match Banners on 15:57 - Dec 1 with 3933 viewsKenBoon

They never frisked me because I just walked straight past as they were expertly frisking a bloke in front. Top security. For the bucketeers cup match they'll have the xrays out.
Match Banners on 16:39 - Dec 1 with 3874 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Banners on 15:16 - Dec 1 by isitme

I can understand the searching and would expect more to be done on Sunday, especially for flares in the away end. I remember being searched at the Bury away game and just to be a bit awkward I requested that I was searched by a man rather than the butch woman. It does highlight issues, especially in the light of child protection issues that those under 16 should not be searched (although they could bring in a flare etc?) and there should be female stewards to search female supporters.

Your last sentence Izzzit.......that would include ALL 2500 of us last Saturday???
Match Banners on 16:57 - Dec 1 with 3842 viewsTalkingSutty

I would be interested to know if everybody passing through the main stand turnstiles where subjected to a search?

I don't buy season tickets for a particular section of the ground and expect to be discriminated against for the privilege. If all four stands required everybody to be searched at the entrances then fair enough, if not then let's have an explanation why not.
Match Banners on 17:02 - Dec 1 with 3829 viewsDaley_Lama

Ooooh, can we make a bed wetting banner too please.

How about....

erm...

err....

BUCKETS.

That will have the watching TV audience (Sid and Doris) rofling and pmsling.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Banners on 17:07 - Dec 1 with 3816 viewsRosun

The big question is will we have an amnesty flare bin positioned on Willbutts Lane?

And what would happen if someone put something in said bin?
Match Banners on 17:08 - Dec 1 with 3816 viewsisitme

Match Banners on 16:39 - Dec 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Your last sentence Izzzit.......that would include ALL 2500 of us last Saturday???

Speak for yourself!
Match Banners on 17:18 - Dec 1 with 3781 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Banners on 15:01 - Dec 1 by aleanddale

Bang on TS I nearly started a thread about the frisk searching.

I almost objected at the turnstyle but with Paris etc fresh in the memory I allowed the search.

Gutted I didn't speak up now WTF...

1. Are they properly trained?
2. Have all the necessary background checks been carried out on those doing the frisking?
3. Why are they manhandling kids?
4. Why were some searched and others not?

Its a disgrace I will be making a point if it happens again.

By all means convince me that they are 100% qualified to be doing the search and I might feel differently.

Glad the Asian lads enjoyed the game and I hope they come back on Sunday.

I think one of the conditions of entering the Stadium is succumbing to a search if required ( could be wrong) but that doesn't include young kids. You would like to think all the stewards are security cleared but if they are frisking young kids who knows!! My issue is more with the rest of the Stadium, including the main stand and club entrance. Was it a security issue or a fish and chip swoop?

Since the Paris attacks I have attended three games and wasn't searched at all.Does this mean that every fixture will now be the same and EVERY person who enters the Stadium will be treated equally. If that is the case the Stewards need further training before a irate parent starts suing the Club , it only takes one allegation.
Match Banners on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 3693 views442Dale

Match Banners on 16:57 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

I would be interested to know if everybody passing through the main stand turnstiles where subjected to a search?

I don't buy season tickets for a particular section of the ground and expect to be discriminated against for the privilege. If all four stands required everybody to be searched at the entrances then fair enough, if not then let's have an explanation why not.

No we weren't searched in the Main Stand.

Something for the Trust to follow up, could you drop them an email TS? info@daletrust.co.uk
Tell them what you experienced and ask for a reply from the club, maybe they're not aware of it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Banners on 18:23 - Dec 1 with 3685 viewsColDale

Its probably those under sixteen most likely to fetch a flare in
Match Banners on 18:27 - Dec 1 with 3674 viewsnordenblue

Match Banners on 17:18 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

I think one of the conditions of entering the Stadium is succumbing to a search if required ( could be wrong) but that doesn't include young kids. You would like to think all the stewards are security cleared but if they are frisking young kids who knows!! My issue is more with the rest of the Stadium, including the main stand and club entrance. Was it a security issue or a fish and chip swoop?

Since the Paris attacks I have attended three games and wasn't searched at all.Does this mean that every fixture will now be the same and EVERY person who enters the Stadium will be treated equally. If that is the case the Stewards need further training before a irate parent starts suing the Club , it only takes one allegation.

A friend i went to bury with point blankly refused to be searched and requested someone qualified or proof of before any search or a police officer if not,needless to say we just walked in!!
Match Banners on 18:50 - Dec 1 with 3625 viewsaleanddale

Match Banners on 17:18 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

It's bang out of order when some half wit starts thinking he is robot cop.

it needs raising WTF are they looking for?

As before with Paris fresh in the mind we all want a safe environment when we attend football matches but this was a clearly very over the top and very unnecessary.

Was their intelligence suggesting an imminent pearl st attack and not the main stand!!

If unqualified and unchecked stewards start to frisk kids this is a recipe for a real problem!
Match Banners on 19:09 - Dec 1 with 3568 views_dezzy

Whats all the fuss about getting searched, If you have nothing to hide why worry??

KHBA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024