Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games 18:19 - Dec 11 with 33279 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/question-to-the-club/

As a result of issues raised by supporters on here recently, questions were sent to the club via the Trust. The answers are in the link.

Please take the time to join the Trust and ask questions too or if you're already a member get them sent in (use the links at the top on their site). This illustrates that they will be answered, and those answers are there for everyone to see and debate.

Simple process that other clubs would do well to follow.

Thanks to those involved.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 18:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:48 - Dec 11 with 13995 viewsTalkingSutty

Thanks for that and encouraging supporters to forward their questions/ concerns. The reply regarding searches prior to entering the Stadium is fare enough, it just requires some of the Stewards to display some common sense when it comes to who they target for searches.
I would suggest there are certain age groups they could eliminate from the procedure.Maybe at the pre- match briefing the head steward could suggest this when running through the duties.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 13638 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:48 - Dec 11 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for that and encouraging supporters to forward their questions/ concerns. The reply regarding searches prior to entering the Stadium is fare enough, it just requires some of the Stewards to display some common sense when it comes to who they target for searches.
I would suggest there are certain age groups they could eliminate from the procedure.Maybe at the pre- match briefing the head steward could suggest this when running through the duties.

One thing that did stick out was this:
"Our policy on searching is to try and not be intrusive, we are mindful of our senior and junior supporters and train our stewarding staff to be polite. Some of our stewarding staff are more comfortable conducting searches than others but we do train the staff in searching and our stewarding supervisors are encouraged to ensure a consistent approach to searching."

... and it comes back to something you've raised before, TS: are fans searched the same everywhere around the ground? They're not (see the example in the question sent in re. the Sandy) and while stewards are encouraged to ensure a consistent approach, there doesn't seem to be anything consistent in place at the moment. If all fans know what to expect, it doesn't affect people as much. This could have been alleviated by communicating any changes ahead of time as well, though it's good to know now what has gone on, it's a case of thinking 'if we tell supporters in advance, it'll give them a better appreciation of why we do things' - giving fans that insight is something mentioned at the end of the article and was really good to see, but we as supporters shouldn't necessarily need to ask.

On the ticketing charges, I think most fans can appreciate that the online tickets will be subject to a booking fee but there wasn't an answer on any other admin charges. For good PR alone, can't we scrap the fee for buying over the phone if fans are picking them up from the club?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 10:52]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:12 - Dec 12 with 13598 viewsmacro

Fees charged for credit cards have just been slashed nationally down to 0.3% from 0.8%
The charge is 0.2% for debit cards.

There is no excuse for any retailer charging more than 0.5-1% of the transaction charge
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:37 - Dec 12 with 13559 viewsTalkingSutty

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:49 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

One thing that did stick out was this:
"Our policy on searching is to try and not be intrusive, we are mindful of our senior and junior supporters and train our stewarding staff to be polite. Some of our stewarding staff are more comfortable conducting searches than others but we do train the staff in searching and our stewarding supervisors are encouraged to ensure a consistent approach to searching."

... and it comes back to something you've raised before, TS: are fans searched the same everywhere around the ground? They're not (see the example in the question sent in re. the Sandy) and while stewards are encouraged to ensure a consistent approach, there doesn't seem to be anything consistent in place at the moment. If all fans know what to expect, it doesn't affect people as much. This could have been alleviated by communicating any changes ahead of time as well, though it's good to know now what has gone on, it's a case of thinking 'if we tell supporters in advance, it'll give them a better appreciation of why we do things' - giving fans that insight is something mentioned at the end of the article and was really good to see, but we as supporters shouldn't necessarily need to ask.

On the ticketing charges, I think most fans can appreciate that the online tickets will be subject to a booking fee but there wasn't an answer on any other admin charges. For good PR alone, can't we scrap the fee for buying over the phone if fans are picking them up from the club?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 10:52]

The word we are looking for is 'Communication' and there's a lack of it. It shouldn't require the Supporters Trust or individual supporters to send in emails etc to recieve the relevant explanation

If it affects the paying customer then let them know the reasons, thats what the websites for, or maybe a note in the matchday programme. Its another case of taking supporters for granted and just thinking people will put up with it.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 13485 viewsD_Alien

Neither question is answered satisfactorily.

Regarding searches - stating that "some stewards are more comfortable conducting searches than others" is an outright admission that it's a problem. In that case, find out which ones aren't comfortable and put them on other duties inside the ground.

Only have stewards who are both trained in searching and comfortable doing it outside the turnstiles. Is that really so hard to work out?

Ticketing - the answer is a total fob-off and dismally fails to address supporters concerns. The club could make some kind of gesture to recompense those who've gone to the trouble and/or expense of purchasing in advance if the game then becomes pay/purchase ticket on the day - they just can't be arsed.

We're asked to continue purchasing in advance though. Are we really that stupid? Many will stop doing so.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 12:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 13312 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:33 - Dec 12 by D_Alien

Neither question is answered satisfactorily.

Regarding searches - stating that "some stewards are more comfortable conducting searches than others" is an outright admission that it's a problem. In that case, find out which ones aren't comfortable and put them on other duties inside the ground.

Only have stewards who are both trained in searching and comfortable doing it outside the turnstiles. Is that really so hard to work out?

Ticketing - the answer is a total fob-off and dismally fails to address supporters concerns. The club could make some kind of gesture to recompense those who've gone to the trouble and/or expense of purchasing in advance if the game then becomes pay/purchase ticket on the day - they just can't be arsed.

We're asked to continue purchasing in advance though. Are we really that stupid? Many will stop doing so.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 12:35]

I bet the number of fans who purchased online last Saturday (i.e. on the day it was announced it was no longer all-ticket) is negligible and so any gesture would cost the club next to nothing.

On the plus side, there were no searches at Swindon today, which disappointed R17 as he was wearing flares!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 13302 viewsKenBoon

The Club should suck up the Online ticket 'booking' fees. It'll never be used if its more expensive to buy online.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:49 - Dec 19 with 13058 views442Dale

On the back of this, any issues around searches today? We weren't frisked going into the main stand, with a cursory enquiry around what was in a plastic bag*

*mince pies and a programme.

Login to get fewer ads

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:56 - Dec 19 with 13039 viewsonedalefan

3 of us into Pearl St. 1 frisked, 2 totally ignored!
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:58 - Dec 19 with 13034 viewsonedalefan

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:00 - Dec 19 with 13001 viewsDaley_Lama

Pearl St.

Me frisked, 4 year old not. 4 year old was smuggling smarties under his hat.

The lad was almost apologetic when doing it

Poll: DF in or out

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:18 - Dec 19 with 12900 viewsTVOS1907

Inconsistent and over-zealous searching at the TDS end.

Quite why Dale supporters of 30+ years support and aged in their 50s have to have their body, arms and legs searched so forcefully is beyond me, especially as the issues seem to have been caused by away fans.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:21 - Dec 19 with 12887 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:18 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

Quite why Dale supporters of 30+ years support and aged in their 50s have to have their body, arms and legs searched so forcefully is beyond me, especially as the issues seem to have been caused by away fans.

Maybe they were looking for a banner, although the way Bazingadale posts they should've been searching the under-5's only

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:21 - Dec 19 with 12887 viewsscooby

I queried when both me and the lad searched going in to Pearl St - "EVERYONE is being searched" they said.

No reply when i said i walked through a group of away lads come out of the chippy and straight into the ground on the way to Pearl St...

Stupid. Attempted a proper search to, ankles, neck, everything.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 12863 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:18 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

You'd expect this to be discussed further by the Trust/Club in light of what was said, see below:

Any further updates from the Trust/Club will be appreciated. There are obviously still ongoing issues around consistency and any feedback from supporters will presumably be seen as a big advantage when it comes to addressing the situation.

Edit: do I really have to do a separate email putting together all the comments above or can this thread be used? Thanks to anyone from the Trust who could confirm this is fine and supporter concerns are continuing to be monitored.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 18:30]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:36 - Dec 19 with 12835 viewswildie

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:25 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

You'd expect this to be discussed further by the Trust/Club in light of what was said, see below:

Any further updates from the Trust/Club will be appreciated. There are obviously still ongoing issues around consistency and any feedback from supporters will presumably be seen as a big advantage when it comes to addressing the situation.

Edit: do I really have to do a separate email putting together all the comments above or can this thread be used? Thanks to anyone from the Trust who could confirm this is fine and supporter concerns are continuing to be monitored.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 18:30]

Well today was a first for me after 30 years of supporting the club I was searched for the first time. After showing my 8year old boy through his gate, a steward pulled me to the side. Expect this going away but never at home. Again it just seems to be a random thing. Is it it necessary given the attendance and the lack of trouble at home games by home supporters
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:38 - Dec 19 with 12821 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:36 - Dec 19 by wildie

Well today was a first for me after 30 years of supporting the club I was searched for the first time. After showing my 8year old boy through his gate, a steward pulled me to the side. Expect this going away but never at home. Again it just seems to be a random thing. Is it it necessary given the attendance and the lack of trouble at home games by home supporters

Did they offer any assistance if your lad was inside the ground on his own waiting?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:45 - Dec 19 with 12808 viewswildie

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:38 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

Did they offer any assistance if your lad was inside the ground on his own waiting?

None. I felt it was a bit over the top but asking the question why would only delay things, so I just let him get on with it. It all just seemed very random.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:53 - Dec 19 with 12786 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did all the "searchers" have their blue/white Santa hats on....?

Perhaps that makes it a little bit less intrusive?

Most of our stewards are basically a fat mess.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:21 - Dec 19 with 12753 viewsNinco

When this thread was originally posted, I hadn't been frisked, and I assumed that because other people were being frisked, there were inconsistencies as if they are searching one person, they should search everyone or it is not done fairly.

Today, I was frisked as I entered the main stand, but someone else on here has posted that they weren't frisked as they entered the main stand, so there are still inconsistencies.

What concerns me is that I have been going there for 40 years and whilst I don't expect the stewards to know that, I don't get why there is suddenly a problem if they have never felt it necessary to frisk people for 40 years. I know the secretary said that a few people have let smoke bombs off recently, but they have been doing that for years, so if that's a problem, why weren't they searching people years ago.

When it comes down to it, it's an intrusion of your privacy and not dignified to be frisked. Stewards don't legally have the power to search anyone. They can ask permission and can refuse entry if you say no, but as we have just had a gate of 2200 for a league 1 match, should the club be turning away paying customers?
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:43 - Dec 19 with 12719 viewssykeboy

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:21 - Dec 19 by Ninco

When this thread was originally posted, I hadn't been frisked, and I assumed that because other people were being frisked, there were inconsistencies as if they are searching one person, they should search everyone or it is not done fairly.

Today, I was frisked as I entered the main stand, but someone else on here has posted that they weren't frisked as they entered the main stand, so there are still inconsistencies.

What concerns me is that I have been going there for 40 years and whilst I don't expect the stewards to know that, I don't get why there is suddenly a problem if they have never felt it necessary to frisk people for 40 years. I know the secretary said that a few people have let smoke bombs off recently, but they have been doing that for years, so if that's a problem, why weren't they searching people years ago.

When it comes down to it, it's an intrusion of your privacy and not dignified to be frisked. Stewards don't legally have the power to search anyone. They can ask permission and can refuse entry if you say no, but as we have just had a gate of 2200 for a league 1 match, should the club be turning away paying customers?

I have been watching dale man & boy but the current stewarding both outside the ground and inside is one of the reasons I have missed a couple of games this season a couple of stewards in the pearl street end spend the whole game looking for issues when there are none, when away fans it seems can do whatever they want,and finally now when 50+ I/we have to be searched by kids! In my opinion it's totally over the top and being very poorly managed.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 12581 viewsaleanddale

They really have no clue!!

It's not good this and the club need to stop doing it so poorly until they can do it properly.

2200 there yesterday FFS and making regular customers fee like terrorists.

I questioned a steward yesterday who pushed me on my shoulder to stop me going through the turnstyle. His answer to what are you looking for was... I don't know my boss told us to do it.

Pathetic and handled terribly!!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 12562 views442Dale

FAO Trust reps: when's your next meeting? Not necessarily the one with the club, but could this be put on your agenda to discuss on behalf of fans and take forward again?

The aim has to be to determine a consistent approach and an acknowledgement that fans have real issues which are potentially affecting the matchday experience. We don't want to see anyone saying it's reaching a point where they choose not to come.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:12 - Dec 20 with 12544 viewsKenBoon

I think campaigning against the checks is an impossible argument to win. You'll just have the flares and "current climate" argument thrown back at you. The Club need to make a decision. If it's about TERRORISM then employ competent people to do the checks on everyone. If it's about fan safety and flares - didn't a steward burn his hand during the bury game dealing with one? - then get the CCTV working, identify people doing it and prosecute.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:15 - Dec 20 with 12521 viewswindowsbug

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:28 - Dec 20 by aleanddale

They really have no clue!!

It's not good this and the club need to stop doing it so poorly until they can do it properly.

2200 there yesterday FFS and making regular customers fee like terrorists.

I questioned a steward yesterday who pushed me on my shoulder to stop me going through the turnstyle. His answer to what are you looking for was... I don't know my boss told us to do it.

Pathetic and handled terribly!!

They can only touch you with your consent.
Any thing else could be construed as assault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024