Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games 18:19 - Dec 11 with 33560 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/question-to-the-club/

As a result of issues raised by supporters on here recently, questions were sent to the club via the Trust. The answers are in the link.

Please take the time to join the Trust and ask questions too or if you're already a member get them sent in (use the links at the top on their site). This illustrates that they will be answered, and those answers are there for everyone to see and debate.

Simple process that other clubs would do well to follow.

Thanks to those involved.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 18:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 2699 viewsdalebolt

If the club are going to enforce this searching policy at least make an effort to search people properly! Each time I've been searched I've had the tops of my arms tickled! I don't mind being searched but either do it properly, or do target or random searching. It's just a waste of everyone's time, effort and leads to negative opinions on our matchday experience!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:38 - Jan 12 with 2654 viewshappyevaafter

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:58 - Jan 12 by dalebolt

If the club are going to enforce this searching policy at least make an effort to search people properly! Each time I've been searched I've had the tops of my arms tickled! I don't mind being searched but either do it properly, or do target or random searching. It's just a waste of everyone's time, effort and leads to negative opinions on our matchday experience!

Good point Dalebolt.
I don't know if it's just the way I look but I've been searched everytime since it was introduced. I also got frisked at Bury and a bag search at Doncaster.
I think a few people are forgetting why these searches are being done. It's not in the hope of finding a concealed bag of chips or a hipflask. That stuff has always gone on and always will. The old boy who sits near me regularly has a glug or two from a flask during a game. There was an event that occurred in Paris at the back end of last year. A low risk football game that was targeted by terrorists to cause multiple deaths. How many people died at the Stade de France? None, apart from the terrorists who blew them selves up.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned

Read the article above and the security team are being classed as heroes for foiling the bomb plot. Remember the panic that set in when the Manchester Christmas Markets opened up last year? Many (or the vocal minority perhaps) thought it was going to be a terrorist target and the Chinese whisper rumour mill started production. The result ... lots of unsold bratwurst and currywurst.

I'd like to know if some of the people posting on here object to being frisked when going on a flight? Festwich festival in the summer? Christ on a bike, it's almost a full strip search to get in there. The 7/7 bombings may have been prevented if everyone was searched prior to getting on a bus / train / tube but the threat level back then was not considered as severe as it is now. It only takes one or two random nutters (not the 'celebrity' chef) to cause an incident. Who's to say a Lee Rigby type incident can't happen again?
I consider it a small price to pay to watch football with a feeling of relative safety. If you feel that you are being targeted for searches when others around you aren't then don't be like me! Have a shave, wear some smart clothes and don't have your red headphone wires poking out of your manbag!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:16 - Jan 12 with 2605 viewsleonardrafc

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 10:38 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

Good point Dalebolt.
I don't know if it's just the way I look but I've been searched everytime since it was introduced. I also got frisked at Bury and a bag search at Doncaster.
I think a few people are forgetting why these searches are being done. It's not in the hope of finding a concealed bag of chips or a hipflask. That stuff has always gone on and always will. The old boy who sits near me regularly has a glug or two from a flask during a game. There was an event that occurred in Paris at the back end of last year. A low risk football game that was targeted by terrorists to cause multiple deaths. How many people died at the Stade de France? None, apart from the terrorists who blew them selves up.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned

Read the article above and the security team are being classed as heroes for foiling the bomb plot. Remember the panic that set in when the Manchester Christmas Markets opened up last year? Many (or the vocal minority perhaps) thought it was going to be a terrorist target and the Chinese whisper rumour mill started production. The result ... lots of unsold bratwurst and currywurst.

I'd like to know if some of the people posting on here object to being frisked when going on a flight? Festwich festival in the summer? Christ on a bike, it's almost a full strip search to get in there. The 7/7 bombings may have been prevented if everyone was searched prior to getting on a bus / train / tube but the threat level back then was not considered as severe as it is now. It only takes one or two random nutters (not the 'celebrity' chef) to cause an incident. Who's to say a Lee Rigby type incident can't happen again?
I consider it a small price to pay to watch football with a feeling of relative safety. If you feel that you are being targeted for searches when others around you aren't then don't be like me! Have a shave, wear some smart clothes and don't have your red headphone wires poking out of your manbag!

Going by your logic I should be searched when going to the library, or going to ASDA or fueling up my car etc etc etc. Just so long as we all feel safe.

Your last paragraph epitomises my problem with it all. There is no strategy to these searches, they are sporadic at best. There are a large number of people who dont get searched and its probably those not chosen for search that set off that 1 firecracker against Bury (1 incident in the home stands this season that I know of). But the question is why was they not searched? Is it the way they look? Do the steward have a certain type of person they want to target? If that is it then that is discrimination.

I think that because I am a young, white male I get targeted most game because I fit the bill of a "hooligan". That pisses me off enough at away games but I can let it go because you are only there once and it isnt worth arguing about. But at Spotland I am there a minimum of 23 times a season and after consecutive search number 4 I am really getting fed up of it. Is searching me for the 10th time, whilst an innocent looking 40 year old gets through, going to prevent trouble?

Fleetwood is going to be the last test for me. If I am singled out again then I'll give my season ticket away and work Saturdays. I'd rather be discriminated for working in Yorkshire than some muppet in a hi-vis!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 11:37]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:15 - Jan 12 with 2530 viewshappyevaafter

I dunno Len. I'm not a security expert by any stretch of the imagination.
I also noticed that it was a legitimate company (MSS?) that were at the Pearl Street end and they were filming / videoing the searches. I'd call it positive discrimination / targetted vetting.
Searches in the library / ASDA? Again, I dunno. it's their perceived level of risk I guess. Music venues? How many of the 130 people who set out that Friday night to watch a concert ever thought that they wouldn't be returning home?
It only takes one idiot to get lucky once to cause an incident, be it a smoke bomb, a flare, a Keith Hill out banner or a suicide vest. The security and intelligence services need to be lucky all the time to stop idiots ruining our lives, and I mean ruining our lives by having bits of your body blown off you not being delayed by 10 seconds so somebody can check that you're not carrying something.
I'd guess there are hard and soft targets out there. I'd also guess the club are acting on information that we are not privy to but you (not you personally) must have been living off grid for the past 6 months not to feel heightened levels of terror threat in all our daily lives. I'd say it's a price to pay for living in a civilised free democracy.
Did you know that the club do a sweep of the ground prior to every home game? Would you rather that they did not bother to search the entire ground including every row in every block? What if the club said "We've only searched the Sandy Lane end today so come in and take your chances."
Thank God we don't play womens football at Spotland. Just think how much of a target that would be if you believe 47 virgins are waiting for you on the other side.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 12:22]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:24 - Jan 12 with 2507 viewsaleanddale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 11:16 - Jan 12 by leonardrafc

Going by your logic I should be searched when going to the library, or going to ASDA or fueling up my car etc etc etc. Just so long as we all feel safe.

Your last paragraph epitomises my problem with it all. There is no strategy to these searches, they are sporadic at best. There are a large number of people who dont get searched and its probably those not chosen for search that set off that 1 firecracker against Bury (1 incident in the home stands this season that I know of). But the question is why was they not searched? Is it the way they look? Do the steward have a certain type of person they want to target? If that is it then that is discrimination.

I think that because I am a young, white male I get targeted most game because I fit the bill of a "hooligan". That pisses me off enough at away games but I can let it go because you are only there once and it isnt worth arguing about. But at Spotland I am there a minimum of 23 times a season and after consecutive search number 4 I am really getting fed up of it. Is searching me for the 10th time, whilst an innocent looking 40 year old gets through, going to prevent trouble?

Fleetwood is going to be the last test for me. If I am singled out again then I'll give my season ticket away and work Saturdays. I'd rather be discriminated for working in Yorkshire than some muppet in a hi-vis!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 11:37]

Spot on..

The Paris argument is flawed unless their is specific intelligence of a planned Spotland attack.

Why would ISIS Rochdale splinter cell target the pearl street and not the main stand??

Do you think this weekend everybody attending the Trafford centre will get frisked?

The point is it's unnecessary and being carried out by poor untrained high vis who have no idea what they are looking for!!!

Does anybody think we would not get attacked because a terrorist thinks they will be frisked? That thought is laughable.

I know a few who are getting mightly pissed off with this myself included.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:30 - Jan 12 with 2431 viewsJimmyRustler

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:15 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

I also noticed that it was a legitimate company (MSS?) that were at the Pearl Street end and they were filming / videoing the searches. I'd call it positive discrimination / targetted vetting.
Searches in the library / ASDA? Again, I dunno. it's their perceived level of risk I guess. Music venues? How many of the 130 people who set out that Friday night to watch a concert ever thought that they wouldn't be returning home?
It only takes one idiot to get lucky once to cause an incident, be it a smoke bomb, a flare, a Keith Hill out banner or a suicide vest. The security and intelligence services need to be lucky all the time to stop idiots ruining our lives, and I mean ruining our lives by having bits of your body blown off you not being delayed by 10 seconds so somebody can check that you're not carrying something.
I'd guess there are hard and soft targets out there. I'd also guess the club are acting on information that we are not privy to but you (not you personally) must have been living off grid for the past 6 months not to feel heightened levels of terror threat in all our daily lives. I'd say it's a price to pay for living in a civilised free democracy.
Did you know that the club do a sweep of the ground prior to every home game? Would you rather that they did not bother to search the entire ground including every row in every block? What if the club said "We've only searched the Sandy Lane end today so come in and take your chances."
Thank God we don't play womens football at Spotland. Just think how much of a target that would be if you believe 47 virgins are waiting for you on the other side.

Talk about going off on a tangent.

I can't tell if you're trying to be flippant (and failing) or if you're just a little bit confused as to why people are pissed off?

The point is that the searches appear to be discrimate in nature and on the whole, quite random with very little rhyme or reason as to why certain individuals are being searched and why others aren't.

With this system in place, everything you're saying is completely redundant because in effect, it's a complete lottery as to whether one of these lunatics that you speak of get let into the ground or not. Unless you're just worried about one specific type of person?
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:33 - Jan 12 with 2424 viewsupthedale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:24 - Jan 12 by aleanddale

Spot on..

The Paris argument is flawed unless their is specific intelligence of a planned Spotland attack.

Why would ISIS Rochdale splinter cell target the pearl street and not the main stand??

Do you think this weekend everybody attending the Trafford centre will get frisked?

The point is it's unnecessary and being carried out by poor untrained high vis who have no idea what they are looking for!!!

Does anybody think we would not get attacked because a terrorist thinks they will be frisked? That thought is laughable.

I agree with the searches. While I agree the stewards should be trained and a fair set of procedures in place etc, I don't see how anyone can disagree with the searches in general.

Surely the entire Paris argument is that authorities weren't aware of specific attacks, so I don't understand your second sentence?

And this is purely speculation, but on the basis I imagine (I think it's been referenced in the news) there are a lot of potential/planned terrorist attacks that the public never know about, I would expect it to be highly likely that football grounds have been targeted.

I agree that main stand should also be searched. However, there are a few people that have commented that older people shouldn't be searched. That's also discrimination?

I also take the point that if kids aren't searched then an adult could simply pass a gun/knife/flare (whatever we're saying is potentially being concealed....though I 100% agree with you it would be nice to think the stewards knew!) then take it off them at the other side.

There are definitely weaknesses in the way it's been conducted. But the theory behind it is surely acceptable?
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:35 - Jan 12 with 2424 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:15 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

It's 72 virgins. Probably one for each blown up body part. One might hit lucky?

But seriously, I doubt there's anyone who doesn't understand the increased terrorist threat. All we're asking is that the club get the job done properly. As it stands, the searches aren't doing anything except getting the backs up of regular supporters.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:37 - Jan 12 with 2418 viewshappyevaafter

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:24 - Jan 12 by aleanddale

Spot on..

[Maybe there is specific intelligence. It's only 500 miles away. Look at the demographics around Spotland. Most of the Paris bombers came from Brussels]

[It's a couple of quid cheaper in Pearl Street! Check out the 4 Lions type bombers who targetted an EDL rally but got pulled up for having no insurance on their car
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22344054]

[No, but I bet every car in and out of there is logged on ANPR and every visitor is captured on CCTV]

[MSS were doing it last weekend. The chap who 'did' me had SIA accreditation so I guess he has more clue than most what he is looking for and how to find it]

[Check out that Wall St Journal article above where the Paris bomber detonated before he could be frisked. He's not laughing now]

[Come on. It's 10 seconds out of your life that you'll never get back. Chesterfield wasted 50x more than that last Saturday]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:19 - Jan 12 with 2354 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:37 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

[Maybe there is specific intelligence. It's only 500 miles away. Look at the demographics around Spotland. Most of the Paris bombers came from Brussels]

[It's a couple of quid cheaper in Pearl Street! Check out the 4 Lions type bombers who targetted an EDL rally but got pulled up for having no insurance on their car
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22344054]

[No, but I bet every car in and out of there is logged on ANPR and every visitor is captured on CCTV]

[MSS were doing it last weekend. The chap who 'did' me had SIA accreditation so I guess he has more clue than most what he is looking for and how to find it]

[Check out that Wall St Journal article above where the Paris bomber detonated before he could be frisked. He's not laughing now]

[Come on. It's 10 seconds out of your life that you'll never get back. Chesterfield wasted 50x more than that last Saturday]

Why have the searches of home fans only started since WIGAN fans let off a smoke bomb?

Why have there been no searches at Doncaster, Gillingham, Swindon, Scunthorpe, Walsall in the same time?

Why isn't everyone else (pie sellers, cleaners, stewards, programme sellers, all club employees, match officials, ...) who enters the ground searched?

The 10 seconds argument is irrelevant; nobody should be subjected to a search just because they are entering a football ground, unless there is a genuine reason as to why they have been singled out. Otherwise, there should be searches before we enter any other public place, such as a supermarket, restaurant, pub, etc.

It's embarrassing, degrading and unnecessary and I'm struggling to understand why you and those handing down these instructions can't see it.

If it annoys just one person sufficiently for them to think twice about coming to Spotland again then it's one person too many.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 14:42]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:55 - Jan 12 with 2289 viewshappyevaafter

Hi TVOS
The searches started on the day of the Wigan game, the one where we had a minutes silence in recognition of the victims of the Paris bombings the night before.

I got searched at Doncaster (twice, as I had to nip out at half time) and Scunthorpe. I must fit the profile that they are looking for!

A one size Fitz Hall approach should be applied. Wasn't there an instance (Oldham match I think) of somebody impersonating a steward in a hi-viz jacket? Although the definition of impersonating a steward probably means wearing an ill-fitting jacket and looking permanently out of breath ;-)

I believe it is one of the conditions of entry, not just for Spotland, but for any football ground that all persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.

It is embarrassing and degrading but this is the society we are living in at the moment. Go and take a flight from any UK airport and it's a shoes off, belt off full body pat down / scan. If folk don't like it then don't fly. Try and get into one of the places I work and it's a full car search (including engine bay and underneath) and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary there have guns and attack dogs if you don't want to play by their rules and I've got enhanced security clearance. Their fear is that somebody may know where you work and have planted a bomb in your car. The company even tell you to vary your route home from work and be aware of anybody following you!

I can see that some folk are thinking twice about coming along and I wish the club would issue a statement but would wonder what that statement would contain.
"Dear supporter, we are carrying out random searches as we have been told by the intelligence services that somebody is planning to set off a dirty bomb at the ground. If you hear any explosions above the sound of the tannoy then please take refuge in the smoking shelter between the main stand and the Sandy but No Smoking whilst you're there. Enjoy the game."

Sorry Jimmy Rustler for being flippant but I've spent the first half of my life in Northern Ireland living under the threat of the IRA bombing the beejeezus out of me. It's just the way I'm wired.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 15:04 - Jan 12 with 2273 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:55 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

Hi TVOS
The searches started on the day of the Wigan game, the one where we had a minutes silence in recognition of the victims of the Paris bombings the night before.

I got searched at Doncaster (twice, as I had to nip out at half time) and Scunthorpe. I must fit the profile that they are looking for!

A one size Fitz Hall approach should be applied. Wasn't there an instance (Oldham match I think) of somebody impersonating a steward in a hi-viz jacket? Although the definition of impersonating a steward probably means wearing an ill-fitting jacket and looking permanently out of breath ;-)

I believe it is one of the conditions of entry, not just for Spotland, but for any football ground that all persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.

It is embarrassing and degrading but this is the society we are living in at the moment. Go and take a flight from any UK airport and it's a shoes off, belt off full body pat down / scan. If folk don't like it then don't fly. Try and get into one of the places I work and it's a full car search (including engine bay and underneath) and the Civil Nuclear Constabulary there have guns and attack dogs if you don't want to play by their rules and I've got enhanced security clearance. Their fear is that somebody may know where you work and have planted a bomb in your car. The company even tell you to vary your route home from work and be aware of anybody following you!

I can see that some folk are thinking twice about coming along and I wish the club would issue a statement but would wonder what that statement would contain.
"Dear supporter, we are carrying out random searches as we have been told by the intelligence services that somebody is planning to set off a dirty bomb at the ground. If you hear any explosions above the sound of the tannoy then please take refuge in the smoking shelter between the main stand and the Sandy but No Smoking whilst you're there. Enjoy the game."

Sorry Jimmy Rustler for being flippant but I've spent the first half of my life in Northern Ireland living under the threat of the IRA bombing the beejeezus out of me. It's just the way I'm wired.

How are you so sure the searches started at the Wigan game? You seem remarkably well-informed. Hmm..

Anyway, as far as I can recall and from my own experience, the issue was first raised on here after the Port Vale game, but I'm happy for it to be proven otherwise.

You must have been unlucky at Doncaster and Scunthorpe, as I didn't see anyone else being searched. Not saying it didn't happen, but that I didn't see it, nor did I see it at Walsall and Swindon, while I believe it didn't happen at Gillingham.

The steward impersonator - another away fan, like the smoke bombs.

Yes, I know it's a condition of entry to Spotland and any other grounds, but for this to just appear out of the blue with no reasonable explanation is what is irking most people.

No, it isn't the society we live in, because, as I've mentioned, we would be searched at every other public place.

Airports are a completely different matter and there are very good reasons why people are searched, x-rayed and so on there. Similarly with the other places you mention, which are all high risk and high security establishments.

Rochdale v Chesterfield doesn't fall into the same category.

And it's impossible to hear anything above the sound of the tannoy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 15:28 - Jan 12 with 2248 viewsleonardrafc

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:55 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

Hi TVOS

It's amazing how people have different views on things. I thought these searches were in place to try and prevent people entering the stadium with flares, fireworks or a portion of chips and gravy. Whereas you seem to think they are designed to prevent people walking in wearing a suicide vest.

You keep referencing the attacks in Paris as if it has any correlation with Spotland. I don't remember there being a mass search for Charlie Hebdo, or the attacks in Tunisa or even the attacks in London? (although that was a long time ago for me to remember too well).

I think we all understand why searches are done, we all have our own opinion on why they are needed, but its how you conduct them that is the problem. The club cannot search everyone, so the stewards choose who they are going to target and that is where the discrimination comes in and the main reason this thread started and the reason it's annoying me.

Going back to your slightly racist comment about the virgins, if you believe these searches are an effort to prevent terrorism, then why don't the club only search Muslims?...... or would that be classed as discrimination?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 16:43]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 15:59 - Jan 12 with 2209 viewspioneer

How would you identify a muslim?

Serious question, no racist jokes please.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:01 - Jan 12 with 2202 viewswindowsbug

Ok.
I promise, that if I get searched again... that's it, I'm done with Rochdale AFC.
I'll go and watch someone that will appreciate my custom.
My 1st game was in 86 and went home and away to every game except for the last three years, which has been nearly every home game.
I've had a season ticket for around 25 of these years.
Im getting fed up of being pissed of and ripped of by the club I love.
Enough is enough. I dont think I'll be the last.
Mr Garlic you have been warned.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 2186 viewsdeeplishblue

Talk about mountain out of a molehill.....jeez

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:16 - Jan 12 with 2157 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hi TVOS

This is all a load of bull. What has a terror attack in paris got to do with watching the dale. It also says you are not allowed to come into a football ground inebriated, but the club sells alcohol before and during a game. What would be the big issue with bringing a banner in, other grounds allow this. If someone wants to search me to come into spotland I wont go in, simple as. I always thought the best response to people that want to take away our freedoms, is to carry on doing what we do, not panic and submit to ridiculous discrimination. I have been to Murrayfield,old Trafford, the Etihad recently and saw no one being searched.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:20 - Jan 12 with 2150 viewshappyevaafter

Add to that list searches at Blackpool, Bury away (although they did generously provide an amnesty flare bin) and Millwall (almost expected).
Not sure about the racist comment. What does a Muslim look like? What does a Roman Catholic look like? What does a Jedi look like?
Current threat level is classed as severe. There's only one higher status than this which has been reached twice in its history (2006 & 2007).
https://www.gov.uk/terrorism-national-emergency/terrorism-threat-levels

I can understand but not condone the haphazard way that the searches have been done. Compared to other grounds I'd say our stewarding was, on a scale of 0-10 (10 being very good) about a 3.5.
There's something going on which the majority on this board (including me) are not privy to. I doubt you'll get an answer as to what it is but I'm sure it's not the hunt for a smuggled sausage from the chippy. The guys and gals doing the searches are only following instructions and doing their job. I'm sure the majority on here would comply with the instruction of a club appointed steward and if that instruction is one of "I don't need to search you" then so be it.
Me - I'll be in the Dale Bar on Saturday, entering via the Ratcliffe Arms, past the SIA appointed doorman who has the right to refuse me entry. The same as any licenced premise in the country. I think he may even be allowed to search me. I hope they've still got some of that £1.50 Carlsberg left although best not have too much as it's an offence to be drunk in a football ground. And it's against my religion.
Rules - for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:23 - Jan 12 with 2145 viewsdawlishdale

I'm amazed that people are so upset about this.

From memory;

The new search policy started at the Wigan game, which was just after the Paris attacks. Wasn't there a minutes silence before kick off?

I'm sure someone from the club told me it was a Government instruction to address the heightened security threat of a terrorist attack. So technically, it's not merely to prevent people coming in with chips etc. They also told me that all clubs had the same instructions.

I've been searched this season at Bury (aggressively) and at Doncaster( in a much more relaxed manner) I haven't been searched at the few home games I've been to after Wigan.

I'm disappointed that so many people can't grasp that the club probably don't want to search people, but would be leaving themselves open to criticism if they chose not to. As to who is searched; then this comes down to Steward discretion, which seems to rankle with those who are complaining. I doubt we have enough stewards to search everyone.

A question for the dissenters...

Would you be happy with the club if no searches took place, but someone did gain entry to the ground, and let off a device that caused you a serious injury? Perhaps a firework or a flare that landed on you and burned you severely... Would you then attach any blame to the club.

Finally, it is on the Ground Regulations that anyone seeking to enter the ground submits themselves for a search if required. If they choose not to submit to a search, they do not meet the entry requirements and may be refused entry. This doesn't seem to have changed...just the frequency of the searches, which is a direct consequence of the increased risk of a terrorist attack in the UK.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 2108 viewshappyevaafter

Maybe the ones who doth protest too much also complain about being stopped / not being stopped at customs at the airport when they come back from their two weeks away.
It's called profiling.

profiling
[proh-fahy-ling]

noun
the use of personal characteristics or behaviour patterns to make generalizations about a person, as in gender profiling.
the use of these characteristics to determine whether a person may be engaged in illegal activity, as in racial profiling.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 2096 viewsRosun

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:35 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

It's 72 virgins. Probably one for each blown up body part. One might hit lucky?

But seriously, I doubt there's anyone who doesn't understand the increased terrorist threat. All we're asking is that the club get the job done properly. As it stands, the searches aren't doing anything except getting the backs up of regular supporters.

72 virgins?
In Rochdale?
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 2067 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:56 - Jan 12 by Rosun

72 virgins?
In Rochdale?

By the looks of the stewards (both male and female) they're all at Spotland on matchdays.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 2055 viewswindowsbug

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:46 - Jan 12 by happyevaafter

Maybe the ones who doth protest too much also complain about being stopped / not being stopped at customs at the airport when they come back from their two weeks away.
It's called profiling.

profiling
[proh-fahy-ling]

noun
the use of personal characteristics or behaviour patterns to make generalizations about a person, as in gender profiling.
the use of these characteristics to determine whether a person may be engaged in illegal activity, as in racial profiling.

Never been stopped at customs yet.
So....because im one of the first through the turnstiles, I'm more likely to be carrying contraband and cause more trouble than piss heads who leave the pub at 14:55.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:21]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 2018 viewsBobbyjoe

Hi TVOS

I'm intrigued as to what profile you believe may (or may not) be being searched for, and why you believe you might fit it.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 2018 views442Dale

Really not sure why it's trying to be justified until we receive a response clarifying the situation as requested. We can't really change what's happened, let's see what comes from the Trust and the club to the issues raised this week.

It's obviously a major concern amongst some supporters and I'd expect it to be addressed now it has been brought up through the Trust who represent us.

I doubt anyone at the club would want loyal supporters questioning whether to attend if that could be avoided by the detailed policy being made available for everyone to read.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024