Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crown Oil Arena 06:11 - Aug 5 with 10031 viewsrochedale

great news....

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-reco

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

The Crown Oil Arena on 06:39 - Aug 5 with 6613 viewsWalboro

Excellent news a bit of extra lubrication helps to the smooth running of the club.
The Crown Oil Arena on 06:54 - Aug 5 with 6576 viewsaleanddale

The Crown Oil Arena on 06:39 - Aug 5 by Walboro

Excellent news a bit of extra lubrication helps to the smooth running of the club.

Excellent news...

Well done to all concerned.

Onwards and upwards on and off the pitch!
The Crown Oil Arena on 07:01 - Aug 5 with 6551 views1mark1

Very good. The Crown Oil Spotland Arena would possibly be better for the name. Personally would like Spotland to be incorporated into the name.

Is the six figure number each year, or a sum that covers the whole period?

Good to know refurbishment of the ground is happening. Coupled with yesterday's Carlsberg sponsorship, it's good commercial news for the club.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:02 - Aug 5 with 6545 viewsfitzochris

A very significant development. This is great news.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:04 - Aug 5 with 6538 viewsColDale

The length of the deal is a fantastic aspect of this too. Of course we'll all still call it Spotland but there's nothing worse than those grounds that change their name annually which must retain little commercial value.

from the article it suggests that the shirts will be sponsored for five years too, and work is being done to upgrade the main lounge and box areas.
The Crown Oil Arena on 07:05 - Aug 5 with 6527 viewsrochedale

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:01 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

Very good. The Crown Oil Spotland Arena would possibly be better for the name. Personally would like Spotland to be incorporated into the name.

Is the six figure number each year, or a sum that covers the whole period?

Good to know refurbishment of the ground is happening. Coupled with yesterday's Carlsberg sponsorship, it's good commercial news for the club.

Try saying that after 5 pints of Carlsberg!

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:05 - Aug 5 with 6522 viewsBrighouseDale

Would have preferred the Crown Oil Stadium, can't be doing with these silly Americanisms.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:06 - Aug 5 with 6518 views1mark1

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:05 - Aug 5 by BrighouseDale

Would have preferred the Crown Oil Stadium, can't be doing with these silly Americanisms.

I agree. Crown Oil Spotland Stadium.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:10 - Aug 5 with 6505 viewsDomDale

Are we changing the program name to TVOTCOA?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

The Crown Oil Arena on 08:12 - Aug 5 with 6337 viewsKenBoon

t'dale fans are a funny sort. On one hand there's WAR when smoking gets banned or getting rid of standing is suggested. However when it comes to renaming stadiums and other such modern football deals then all is good. I personally don't have an issue with it, I just find it funny that this, and some of the chat at the forum about making decisions solely on if they can make a bit of money (EFL Trophy), are every bit as 'evil' modern Football as Drums and All-seater stadiums but seen as great stuff.
The Crown Oil Arena on 08:45 - Aug 5 with 6227 viewsrochedale

The Crown Oil Arena on 08:12 - Aug 5 by KenBoon

t'dale fans are a funny sort. On one hand there's WAR when smoking gets banned or getting rid of standing is suggested. However when it comes to renaming stadiums and other such modern football deals then all is good. I personally don't have an issue with it, I just find it funny that this, and some of the chat at the forum about making decisions solely on if they can make a bit of money (EFL Trophy), are every bit as 'evil' modern Football as Drums and All-seater stadiums but seen as great stuff.

Renaming a stadium wouldn't alter the overall match day experience, whereas drums, no smoking and having to sit when one prefers standing surely would.

Plus, the name changing, in the long run, could enhance the match day experience.

Nowt queer about that.

The Crown Oil Arena on 08:53 - Aug 5 with 6184 viewsDale23years

Excellent deal for the club in fact excellent last couple of days for rochdale football club.

I haven't got a problem with the renaming of the football ground it needed to be done to drag our club forward and a 5 year deal provides excellent stability for club and Crown oil.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

The Crown Oil Arena on 08:57 - Aug 5 with 6174 viewsTVOS1907

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:10 - Aug 5 by DomDale

Are we changing the program name to TVOTCOA?

I hope not...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Crown Oil Arena on 08:59 - Aug 5 with 6158 viewsTVOS1907

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:06 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

I agree. Crown Oil Spotland Stadium.

I agree

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 6148 viewsoddjob007

The additional revenue will no doubt go to paying the stadium company loan off.

On the face of it, it does feel like there is a plan to make the stadium pay for itself without impacting the playing budget in the short term, once the stadium is debt free, not only will we have ourselves a nice little asset, but those additional revenues will (I would like to think) impact the playing budget in a positive way!
The Crown Oil Arena on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 6131 viewsTVOS1907

Getting rid of smoking and standing areas aren't just confined to Rochdale and actually benefit the match day experience for most fans.

This deal is a completely separate issue.

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 6101 viewsBrighouseDale

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:00 - Aug 5 by oddjob007

The additional revenue will no doubt go to paying the stadium company loan off.

On the face of it, it does feel like there is a plan to make the stadium pay for itself without impacting the playing budget in the short term, once the stadium is debt free, not only will we have ourselves a nice little asset, but those additional revenues will (I would like to think) impact the playing budget in a positive way!

Why do you keep calling it a stadium? It's an arena now.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:15 - Aug 5 with 6069 views_dezzy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the name change, Ok we have got money to do it> But I am a traditionalist and will still call it Spotland, like I do still with Sandy , willbuts and Pearl st ends

KHBA

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:17 - Aug 5 with 6059 viewsTVOS1907

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:15 - Aug 5 by _dezzy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the name change, Ok we have got money to do it> But I am a traditionalist and will still call it Spotland, like I do still with Sandy , willbuts and Pearl st ends

All fans will still call it Spotland.

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:18 - Aug 5 with 6049 viewsStudiousDale

Agree with all the above - can't help but feel though that we should be getting at least £1m for a 5 year deal on shirts and stadium naming.

"The five-year agreement, which is the biggest commercial deal in the club’s history, will secure a significant six-figure investment chunk"

I've had a route around online but I can't find the amount for the old deal which was obviously shirt only, anybody in the know?
The Crown Oil Arena on 09:23 - Aug 5 with 6033 views_dezzy

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:17 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

All fans will still call it Spotland.

Didn't Fans on here laugh at Bury and Oldham for the changing the names of their grounds.

KHBA

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:26 - Aug 5 with 6013 viewsDale23years

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:23 - Aug 5 by _dezzy

Didn't Fans on here laugh at Bury and Oldham for the changing the names of their grounds.

No we laughed when JD pulled out of deal after 10 months

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:35 - Aug 5 with 5969 viewsTVOS1907

No idea, but I imagine bury and Oldham fans still called their grounds Gigg Lane and Boundary Park.

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 5961 viewsD_Alien

Course we did, but our slick presentation should be admired.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Crown Oil Arena on 10:11 - Aug 5 with 5820 viewsVivaDonaldo

I think the wording ' six figure investment chunk ' needs to be taken into account. Sounds to me like an upfront 6 figure number with more to come year on year. Sounds a good deal anyway and if Chris Dunphy is happy we should all be happy with the deal too. He's no Stewart Day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024