Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. 14:43 - Oct 14 with 17772 viewsolympicdale

So says the courts.

Does this mean the lady can be done for slander. All about getting his career back on track now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 14:49]

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:21 - Oct 14 with 2200 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:18 - Oct 14 by BFC1885

The accused should NEVER be named until proven guilty in this type of case.
If they are proved guilty fair play ... give them all the grief in the world.

Would agree generally with that, EXCEPT in a case in which the prosecuting authorities believe there's a good chance that other alleged victims of the accused may come forward if the name is revealed.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:25 - Oct 14 with 2190 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Why does he not deserve compensation if on appeal the conviction is overturned? Can't say the thought of 10 million of tax payers money overjoyed me but if he was wrongly convicted?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:30 - Oct 14 with 2180 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:21 - Oct 14 by 1mark1

Would agree generally with that, EXCEPT in a case in which the prosecuting authorities believe there's a good chance that other alleged victims of the accused may come forward if the name is revealed.

Can we not then release the girls name in case other cases of similar manipulation appear, surely now it's been shown as bull, she could be named to see if this has happened before. And before you ask yes I do know her name and no I won't be posting it!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 2170 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:25 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Why does he not deserve compensation if on appeal the conviction is overturned? Can't say the thought of 10 million of tax payers money overjoyed me but if he was wrongly convicted?

It's not that I don't think compensation might be deserved, just that Evans would probably do well to just get on with his career, rather than putting in a claim. Surely, with all the bad publicity he's received he can do without more outrage from certain quarters.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:45 - Oct 14 with 2130 viewsSuddenLad

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:25 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

He is not entitled to compensation, simply because the jury at the original trial convicted him properly on the evidence available. He wasn't 'stitched up', he admitted that the incident took place, but the argument was one of consent and whether the female concerned was a conscious and willing participant.

A different jury, on a different day, have decided on the balance of probability that he didn't commit rape and therefore found him not guilty. Nobody disputes, even now, what actually happened.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:50 - Oct 14 with 2117 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:34 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

It's not that I don't think compensation might be deserved, just that Evans would probably do well to just get on with his career, rather than putting in a claim. Surely, with all the bad publicity he's received he can do without more outrage from certain quarters.

Tend to agree d.a. But losing his career and liberty for 6 years or so if you include the whole appeal and clubs not signing him, add loss of around 1 million plus a year and career prospects he could be looking at 10 million. Irony would be if he did it and donated the lot to charity. He seemed pretty clear that clearing his name was the only thing he wanted so let's hope the above happens. Rounds of applause for ched at away grounds- oh and he'll has just frozen over!!!

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:53 - Oct 14 with 2105 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:30 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can we not then release the girls name in case other cases of similar manipulation appear, surely now it's been shown as bull, she could be named to see if this has happened before. And before you ask yes I do know her name and no I won't be posting it!

if there was proven wrongdoing by a person claiming to be a victim of such a crime in other cases that had gone as far as being charged or prosecuted, these would already be known by the authorities, so no need for the release of their name.

Surely it's up to the police and or prosecuting authorities to see whether or not in this case, she has a case to answer. Maybe she has not been guilty of any wrongdoing.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:53 - Oct 14 with 2105 viewsAtThePeake

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:50 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Tend to agree d.a. But losing his career and liberty for 6 years or so if you include the whole appeal and clubs not signing him, add loss of around 1 million plus a year and career prospects he could be looking at 10 million. Irony would be if he did it and donated the lot to charity. He seemed pretty clear that clearing his name was the only thing he wanted so let's hope the above happens. Rounds of applause for ched at away grounds- oh and he'll has just frozen over!!!

Why rounds of applause?

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:01 - Oct 14 with 2088 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:21 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Chesterfield now have a 350k plus value striker on 2k a week. Fair play to them for having the guts to believe him. I wish ched all the best. Whilst being stupid (which one of us has not been, all be it in different ways) he has had his name battered, has been proved innocent, has had his career screwed and will still get grief forever. Scum like Hughes, king and McCormick did far worse and we're guilty. I hope Evans gets a fortune and the lier who caused his time inside is prosecuted. Not that she will be!!!!!

"Whilst being stupid (which one of us has not been, all be it in different ways) he has had his name battered,"

I can absolutely say with conviction that I for one, and suspect many men have never took advantage of anyone, in a sexual way, in the way that Evans did.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:19 - Oct 14 with 2053 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:01 - Oct 14 by 1mark1

"Whilst being stupid (which one of us has not been, all be it in different ways) he has had his name battered,"

I can absolutely say with conviction that I for one, and suspect many men have never took advantage of anyone, in a sexual way, in the way that Evans did.

I'd also guess you've never been in the position of being a famous professional footballer earning 20k a week while having woman throw themselves at you with the intention of making a few quid either tbf.....
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:20 - Oct 14 with 2053 viewsKenBoon

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:04 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

There were a lot more things known rumoured locally about the lady in question most I which I cannot or will not repeat but one rumour was she wanted to be in the 100 club. And that's in a year not ever. Fill in your own blanks!!!

What does that have to do with anything? Question was pretty simple. Was the woman capable of consenting to sex at that moment? First jury said no. This with new evidence said yes. Rumours about the woman - who has had to leave town because of this - have nothing to do with the case. It's a horrible case all-round which I imagine will result in law changes regarding consent.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:24 - Oct 14 with 2041 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:20 - Oct 14 by olympicdale

Its not a case of being right or wrong, he was convicted by a court, as far as JEH and everyone was concerned, he was guilty at the time of the comments, she doesn't need to apologise for expressing her views at the time.

...and he had served his time...so was entitled to earn a living again. She ensured that could not happen.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:26 - Oct 14 with 2035 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:20 - Oct 14 by KenBoon

What does that have to do with anything? Question was pretty simple. Was the woman capable of consenting to sex at that moment? First jury said no. This with new evidence said yes. Rumours about the woman - who has had to leave town because of this - have nothing to do with the case. It's a horrible case all-round which I imagine will result in law changes regarding consent.

She was funnily enough perfectly capable to "consent" to bedding the other man/men,something doesn't stack up straight away.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:29 - Oct 14 with 2031 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:03 - Oct 14 by ColDale

If someone I know had acted in the way he has admitted to behaving this week, I'd have found their behaviour reprehensible as I think most people would do.

How do you define 'reprehensible'..?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:34 - Oct 14 with 2025 views1mark1

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:19 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

I'd also guess you've never been in the position of being a famous professional footballer earning 20k a week while having woman throw themselves at you with the intention of making a few quid either tbf.....

Again I would think that many if not most people in that position would not have done what he did. Some of us men are capable of being truthful to our partners, girlfriends, wife's etc without having to being able to prove that we are "gods give to all women ". Not all men even, well known well paid famous ones, are into having it away with any woman that comes their way. Many if not most, can control their urges, for the good of themselves and any current relationship that they already have.

Just to add, I don't think he was that famous, apart from followers of football not many would really know him , and that's the same for the vast majority of footballers unless top players, or if found guilty of rape.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 20:02]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:38 - Oct 14 with 1878 viewsheywooddale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:24 - Oct 14 by Albert_Whitehurst

...and he had served his time...so was entitled to earn a living again. She ensured that could not happen.

He was out on licence, so he was still serving his time at the time. He was entitled to earn a living, but can't disagree with the idea of not wanting a convicted sex offender (at the time) into a position of influence over people. Had Saville been convicted when alive, served his sentence and been let out, you would want him back on TV.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:41 - Oct 14 with 1877 viewsKenBoon

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:26 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

She was funnily enough perfectly capable to "consent" to bedding the other man/men,something doesn't stack up straight away.

It doesn't matter what happened at another time. What mattered is what happened then. The first jury decided she wasn't capable of giving consent to him, the second decided she was. Whatever new evidence there was, it was enough to get a not-guilty verdict. You cannot judge people on whatever rumoured reputation they may or may not have. This goes for both of them.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:56 - Oct 14 with 1857 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:41 - Oct 14 by KenBoon

It doesn't matter what happened at another time. What mattered is what happened then. The first jury decided she wasn't capable of giving consent to him, the second decided she was. Whatever new evidence there was, it was enough to get a not-guilty verdict. You cannot judge people on whatever rumoured reputation they may or may not have. This goes for both of them.

Ken I agree with your points generally but I do know a little more that I cannot say and is way beyond just rumours. I won't risk litigation by going into details but the whole first trial was a joke. Ched was well known in Rhyl and it was well known that night he and a number of other footballers were out. Whilst what he did is beyond what most would consider acceptable in a cheaty way he was guilty of nothing more. Had everything been known and everyone who gave statements had been available at first trial he would not have been convicted. I don't expect anyone to treat this as gospel but I have no reason to defend Evans other than what I know of.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:21 - Oct 14 with 1816 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:34 - Oct 14 by 1mark1

Again I would think that many if not most people in that position would not have done what he did. Some of us men are capable of being truthful to our partners, girlfriends, wife's etc without having to being able to prove that we are "gods give to all women ". Not all men even, well known well paid famous ones, are into having it away with any woman that comes their way. Many if not most, can control their urges, for the good of themselves and any current relationship that they already have.

Just to add, I don't think he was that famous, apart from followers of football not many would really know him , and that's the same for the vast majority of footballers unless top players, or if found guilty of rape.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 20:02]

She seemed to have a fair clue who they all were,especially the next day when allegedly bragging about buying a new car through all the money she'd get from the "ordeal".

It's not that rare a scenario either,whether you agree with the morality of it that's pretty irrelevant really.

I personally know a friend who was in exactly the same position after a night out in Rochdale and lost his job as a result,the girl claiming to be raped had apparently done it 3 times previously and eventually all charges were dropped for varying reasons.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:22 - Oct 14 with 1813 viewsfirgrovedale51

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:01 - Oct 14 by 1mark1

How did he take advantage of her , he has been found not guilty because she was in a position to have objected but apparently she consented,
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:26 - Oct 14 with 1806 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:41 - Oct 14 by KenBoon

It wasn't another time,it was the same night with the same men in the same hotel room,in the same "drunken" incapable state?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:38 - Oct 14 with 1730 viewsFrog

Unless you were there no-one will know if he was guilty or not, it's not like a jury hasn't got it wrong before.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:09 - Oct 14 with 1660 viewsBobbyjoe

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:03 - Oct 14 by ColDale

If someone I know had acted in the way he has admitted to behaving this week, I'd have found their behaviour reprehensible as I think most people would do.

Hear, hear, Col, "reprehensible" is the mot juste. No civilised person would have acted in such a way. Of course he is now innocent of committing any crime, but his behaviour was repugnant, crime or no. Let's not pretend he is a victim of some massive miscarriage of justice. Timothy Evans he isn't!
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:16 - Oct 14 with 1652 viewswimborne_dale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:45 - Oct 14 by SuddenLad

He is not entitled to compensation, simply because the jury at the original trial convicted him properly on the evidence available. He wasn't 'stitched up', he admitted that the incident took place, but the argument was one of consent and whether the female concerned was a conscious and willing participant.

A different jury, on a different day, have decided on the balance of probability that he didn't commit rape and therefore found him not guilty. Nobody disputes, even now, what actually happened.

Its not a case of balance of probability. Guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt to get a verdict of guilty. Having read the case noted of the original trial I was astonished that Evans had been found guilty. His conviction looked very unsafe.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 23:18]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:18 - Oct 14 with 1644 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:09 - Oct 14 by Bobbyjoe

Hear, hear, Col, "reprehensible" is the mot juste. No civilised person would have acted in such a way. Of course he is now innocent of committing any crime, but his behaviour was repugnant, crime or no. Let's not pretend he is a victim of some massive miscarriage of justice. Timothy Evans he isn't!

Given that no criminal offence took place, that's quite simply a moral judgement.

I'll make one too, since they seem to be going cheap. I'd say the girls actions were reprehensible, both with Evans and the other guys who were eventually allowed to give their evidence in court regarding her determination to get blind drunk and shag anything that came along.

She thought she'd got lucky. She was wrong.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024