Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour of Bangladesh and India 17:58 - Oct 20 with 2856 viewsColDale

Crazy scheduling that they're playing seven tests in eight weeks or so - especially in those conditions. I like the idea of Bangladesh as a warm up to India but they're going to need a serious rest after this.

Having watched the first hour today, I was quite pleased with the score at stumps, and am almost tempted to call it England's day given how it transpired. I know these Asian wickets definitely need both teams batting before you can judge, but at one point, people with day three tickets might have been wanting a refund.
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 1005 viewsaleanddale

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:38 - Oct 28 by moth5368

202-6, that's a bit better.

Some fight back last hour.

Fantastic stuff.
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 1005 viewsColDale

What a difference half an hour makes
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 10:28 - Oct 28 with 972 views100notout

wow 215-9
edit make that 220 all out. Last 9 wickets for 49 runs
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 10:42]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 10:46 - Oct 28 with 955 viewsD_Alien

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 10:28 - Oct 28 by 100notout

wow 215-9
edit make that 220 all out. Last 9 wickets for 49 runs
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 10:42]

5fer Moeen, have a feeling he's going to have a stand-out tour of the subcontinent

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 11:14 - Oct 28 with 941 viewsaleanddale

We have to bat on this yet!!!
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 12:18 - Oct 28 with 913 viewsmacro

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 10:46 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

5fer Moeen, have a feeling he's going to have a stand-out tour of the subcontinent

To play competitively against India It’s getting the balance of the other spinners correct - Ansari and Rashid bowled poorly compared to Mooen. Batty did alright in the 1st test but wasn’t spectacular.
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 15:26 - Oct 28 with 868 viewsD_Alien

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 12:18 - Oct 28 by macro

To play competitively against India It’s getting the balance of the other spinners correct - Ansari and Rashid bowled poorly compared to Mooen. Batty did alright in the 1st test but wasn’t spectacular.

Agreed, but it's his progession as a batsman alongside his bowling that's encouraging. He seems to have accepted greater responsibility and batting at no.5 suits him better. He's moving towards "key player" status.

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 22:33 - Oct 28 with 799 viewsmacro

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 15:26 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

Agreed, but it's his progession as a batsman alongside his bowling that's encouraging. He seems to have accepted greater responsibility and batting at no.5 suits him better. He's moving towards "key player" status.

I think he is now a key player, batting wise he's been consistent for a while. the lack of competition for him alongside an opener are the weak spots in the England side. I can see Batty being in v India as he has more control, not a long term solution though at 39.
Login to get fewer ads

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 22:51 - Oct 28 with 795 viewsD_Alien

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 22:33 - Oct 28 by macro

I think he is now a key player, batting wise he's been consistent for a while. the lack of competition for him alongside an opener are the weak spots in the England side. I can see Batty being in v India as he has more control, not a long term solution though at 39.

Regarding openers, England have definitely missed a trick by not blooding Hameed in this game - Ballance being the obvious one to leave out, don't think he's got a future as a test batsman, there's better players coming through. That would've given Duckett chance to settle at no.4

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 23:28 - Oct 28 with 783 viewsmacro

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 22:51 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

Regarding openers, England have definitely missed a trick by not blooding Hameed in this game - Ballance being the obvious one to leave out, don't think he's got a future as a test batsman, there's better players coming through. That would've given Duckett chance to settle at no.4

Duckett seems to be struggling in the conditions that's for sure. I'd imagine the change you mentioned could well happen in the next test. The selectors have mentioned 'rotating the team'
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:07 - Oct 29 with 742 viewsColDale

Another fantastic day of cricket so far. It's been a brilliant series and Geoffrey's two wickets theory seems far too conservative on these wickets. Close tests are worth a thousand innings victories.
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:20 - Oct 29 with 734 viewsmoth5368

It is a very interesting series so far. We're in a fortunate position where it seems that someone always steps up when others are failing.
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 06:09 - Oct 30 with 663 viewsD_Alien

Lead of 244 at lunch, late wickets for England but need the last 3 sharpish

Well played BD, positive cricket

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:38 - Oct 30 with 610 viewsmoth5368

Has Ballance just lost his test place?
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:46 - Oct 30 with 602 viewsD_Alien

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 09:38 - Oct 30 by moth5368

Has Ballance just lost his test place?

I really hope so

Tour of Bangladesh and India on 10:42 - Oct 30 with 528 viewsmacro

9 wickets down in a session. Oh dear
Tour of Bangladesh and India on 11:03 - Oct 30 with 511 viewsD_Alien

Well done BD

Deserved victory and brilliant display by their young spinners

A great, if short series, and no complaints, 1-1 a fair outcome

We move on to India, and though they have Ashwin i don't see our batsmen finding it any tougher. Our bowlers might.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024