Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan 09:15 - Nov 27 with 23924 viewsmingthemerciless

According to a pal of mine Norwich are looking to splash the cash on Hogan. It's in today's papers, if that means anything.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:44 - Dec 20 with 3305 viewsTVOS1907

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:19 - Dec 20 by love_the_dale

I am trying to see things from Brentford's point of view. I'm assuming they paid us a fair and reasonable amount for Scott, taking into account the injury he had had with us. They were then very unlucky that he had another injury soon after the transfer. They then got him the very best of care - and I realise that was in their best interests, as well as his. They never bemoaned their bad luck, nor tried to put any blame on the Dale for selling them damaged goods. Are they not entitled to more than 6 months reward on their investment, care and patience?

I realise my infrequent posts usually signify the end of a thread. I'm never sure if if it is because I am an infrequent poster and thus not part of the in-crowd or because I write total rubbish :)

I would say that £x million profit for Brentford justifies their investment.

Like Dale, they know that they will struggle to hold onto players like Hogan when other clubs come sniffing, particularly those of the ilk mentioned.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:49 - Dec 20 with 3284 views1mark1

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:40 - Dec 20 by love_the_dale

A vey good point. Thank you for thinking about my post and for making a constructive and fair reply.

Thanks, and you are welcome.

Look at this way, when Brentford bought SH, they gambled, and the gamble, could go either way. If a sale for massive money, it has paid off, if for some reason they end up not making money on the deal, then it won't have paid off. We hope for the good of Dale, SH and Brentford (in that order) that they end up selling for a massive fee, to a club even further up the football pyramid, that suits Dale's finances, SHs career and finances and Brentford's finances, and along the way Brentford will have had the magnificent goal scoring service and other forward play of SH.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:56 - Dec 20 with 3257 viewsD_Alien

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:49 - Dec 20 by 1mark1

Thanks, and you are welcome.

Look at this way, when Brentford bought SH, they gambled, and the gamble, could go either way. If a sale for massive money, it has paid off, if for some reason they end up not making money on the deal, then it won't have paid off. We hope for the good of Dale, SH and Brentford (in that order) that they end up selling for a massive fee, to a club even further up the football pyramid, that suits Dale's finances, SHs career and finances and Brentford's finances, and along the way Brentford will have had the magnificent goal scoring service and other forward play of SH.

It was a gamble by Brentford, but they'll have had insurance (as all clubs do) against the eventuality of their gamble having financial consequences. That doesn't mean they wouldn't lose out because obviously, not having Scotty's services is a loss and their insurance premiums will have taken a hit. They'll get their reward if he moves for the kind of money being suggested.

Let's not forget that Dale also 'nursed' Scotty through a couple of lengthy periods on the sidelines so we deserve anything and everything that might potentially come our way.

[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 22:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 23:04 - Dec 20 with 3236 viewsboromat

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:40 - Dec 20 by love_the_dale

A vey good point. Thank you for thinking about my post and for making a constructive and fair reply.

Yep I agree Brentford will be over the moon with a big pay day however like us when we have to give up great footballing talent I'm sure the fans will be a little disappointed that they hadn't seen more of him on the pitch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 01:19 - Dec 21 with 3101 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 13:22 - Dec 20 by Brierls

Hogan has been linked with a £9 Million move to Villa in January, to replace Gestede.

The more interest in him the better.

A well informed Brentford fan has just messaged me to say Villa have bid 12m for Hogan.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 07:20 - Dec 21 with 3031 views1907

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 01:19 - Dec 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

A well informed Brentford fan has just messaged me to say Villa have bid 12m for Hogan.

Alan Nixon all over this story now too
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 07:34 - Dec 21 with 3006 viewsColDale

Should he move on, it does seem likely that we'll get a seven figure and knowing the way we operate, I doubt this is a sum that we have budgeted for. Clearly the majority has to go into the running of the club, but it would be great if a significant proportion could go towards making the club more accessible to the people of the town.

It's a one off sum and could be used in that way. At the very least, free season tickets to all those who have bought the £10 admin charge season tickets, and a fixed season ticket price perhaps that at least matches the value of the half season tickets. Growing the club is as, if not more, important than wage budgets etc and RG's experiences at Hartlepool show that growing the crowds will also drive other revenues, with a large proportion retained of supporters retained in the years following the season ticket promotions.

If it doesn't succeed and there is a need to return prices to previous levels, then by marketing it as due to a Scott Hogan sell on will help supporters understand what made it possible for a season at least.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 08:35 - Dec 21 with 2909 viewsScunnydale

I'd quite like Scott to go to West Brom. Seeing him and Dawson playing together would be excellent.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 08:57 - Dec 21 with 2861 viewsrkershaw

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 08:35 - Dec 21 by Scunnydale

I'd quite like Scott to go to West Brom. Seeing him and Dawson playing together would be excellent.

And I'd like to see him going to the club who stumps up the most cash........ no time for sentiment here........ need to cash in big time to support our ever growing reputation....... never in our history have we been stronger both on and off the pitch!!!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 8:58]
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 08:59 - Dec 21 with 2860 viewsScunnydale

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 08:57 - Dec 21 by rkershaw

And I'd like to see him going to the club who stumps up the most cash........ no time for sentiment here........ need to cash in big time to support our ever growing reputation....... never in our history have we been stronger both on and off the pitch!!!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 8:58]

Well, true. That's a given.

No reason why they can't be the same team though.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 09:42 - Dec 21 with 2780 viewsdingdangblue

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 22:19 - Dec 20 by love_the_dale

I am trying to see things from Brentford's point of view. I'm assuming they paid us a fair and reasonable amount for Scott, taking into account the injury he had had with us. They were then very unlucky that he had another injury soon after the transfer. They then got him the very best of care - and I realise that was in their best interests, as well as his. They never bemoaned their bad luck, nor tried to put any blame on the Dale for selling them damaged goods. Are they not entitled to more than 6 months reward on their investment, care and patience?

I realise my infrequent posts usually signify the end of a thread. I'm never sure if if it is because I am an infrequent poster and thus not part of the in-crowd or because I write total rubbish :)

In what way did we sell them 'damaged goods'? Hogan tore his anterior cruciate ligament in an away game at Rotherham. I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:23 - Dec 21 with 2706 viewsMarpleAlty

If c.£2m comes in, you should be looking to bid about a quarter of that to bring in Danny Rowe. Scotty himself shows there are investments worth making.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:28 - Dec 21 with 2697 views100notout

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:23 - Dec 21 by MarpleAlty

If c.£2m comes in, you should be looking to bid about a quarter of that to bring in Danny Rowe. Scotty himself shows there are investments worth making.

So which one are you then?
His dad
His brother?
His agent?

Keith Hill can make his own mind up thanks

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 2632 viewsdingdangblue

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:23 - Dec 21 by MarpleAlty

We dont buy players.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:58 - Dec 21 with 2633 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:28 - Dec 21 by 100notout

His dad
His brother?
His agent?

He IS Danny Rowe!
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 11:31 - Dec 21 with 2570 viewsDale_Mike

A natural goal scorer with real pace and skill— gold dust! With the way the bigger clubs are chucking their money around these days I wonder how much he would be worth with a full season at Brentford under his belt? Dreaming a bit here but 12 million could easily become 20 million in the inflated transfer market assuming his form continues. Given his injury record however I hope he moves in the window and we get our payday now.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:20 - Dec 21 with 2475 views1907

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 11:31 - Dec 21 by Dale_Mike

A natural goal scorer with real pace and skill— gold dust! With the way the bigger clubs are chucking their money around these days I wonder how much he would be worth with a full season at Brentford under his belt? Dreaming a bit here but 12 million could easily become 20 million in the inflated transfer market assuming his form continues. Given his injury record however I hope he moves in the window and we get our payday now.

Reading now involved with £9 million bid
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:20 - Dec 21 with 2473 viewsMarpleAlty

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 10:28 - Dec 21 by 100notout

His dad
His brother?
His agent?

Just an observer from that league - albeit the bottom end of it :(

Wasn't too long ago you were all debating 'making an investment' in JOC - just adding to the forum topic if that's OK...

Great to see Jonah pull on an Alty shirt, by the way. I wish we could have had Cav for a bit longer, his type (and Jonah's) would have kept us in the National League single-handedly. Unfortunately we're gearing up for Evo-Stik football now.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:29 - Dec 21 with 2434 views1907

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:20 - Dec 21 by MarpleAlty

Wasn't too long ago you were all debating 'making an investment' in JOC - just adding to the forum topic if that's OK...

Great to see Jonah pull on an Alty shirt, by the way. I wish we could have had Cav for a bit longer, his type (and Jonah's) would have kept us in the National League single-handedly. Unfortunately we're gearing up for Evo-Stik football now.

How is Jonah doing? One of my favourite ever footballers, let alone Dale players. Absolute salt of the earth as well, got a hell of a lot of time for anyone and everyone.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:38 - Dec 21 with 2389 viewsClivert

So we could be in for a very handsome windfall here, £2million plus???

If only bury would have signed Scott Hogan in the summer of 2013 instead of Ashley Grimes.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:52 - Dec 21 with 2349 viewsfermin

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 12:20 - Dec 21 by MarpleAlty

Bit off topic but what's gone wrong at Alty? I thought they were one of the better run clubs who only spend what they can afford. I can see why that might be a problem in Conference National but I am surprised that it is the case in Conference North.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 15:07 - Dec 21 with 2098 viewsboromat

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reading-fc-set-to-launch-club-record-bid-for-ch

Here's the reading story says £9m. Nice to see two ex daleys in the top three goalscorers in the Championship as well!

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 23:13 - Dec 21 with 1709 viewsShun

A shallow part of me wants to see us, if we get crazy money from this deal, make a bid for someone. Not a Donnelly-style bid, something impressive. I'm still envious of the fans who saw us bid a record amount for Paul Connor. It was only in the region of ?£150,000 but even now that amount seems unthinkable for Rochdale to bid. Barnet recently bid £250,000 for Grimsby's hotshot Omar Bogle. Barnet! £250,000!

Of course, I have no idea of any potential names. I'm just dreaming. The sensible part of me would much rather we put it into something long-term. Infrastructure or training or upgrading the already excellent youth academy.
Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 00:17 - Dec 22 with 1603 viewsboromat

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 23:13 - Dec 21 by Shun

A shallow part of me wants to see us, if we get crazy money from this deal, make a bid for someone. Not a Donnelly-style bid, something impressive. I'm still envious of the fans who saw us bid a record amount for Paul Connor. It was only in the region of ?£150,000 but even now that amount seems unthinkable for Rochdale to bid. Barnet recently bid £250,000 for Grimsby's hotshot Omar Bogle. Barnet! £250,000!

Of course, I have no idea of any potential names. I'm just dreaming. The sensible part of me would much rather we put it into something long-term. Infrastructure or training or upgrading the already excellent youth academy.

I'd be a little disappointed if we paid that sort of money for someone after how well we've done with the freebies or close to free transfers. I'd rather it be used to help keep the players we've currently got. Alot of them are worth more than a Clive Platt or Paul Connor!!

Also if the money could help off the field in any way like improving facilities and running more extravagant ticket deals to get more bums on seats I'd be happy.

Pretty sure we also lost money on both Clive and Paul as they went for nothing. Not as exciting as you think buying a player especially at our level, but I understand why you think you're missing out.

Norwich interested in Scott Hogan on 01:22 - Dec 22 with 1558 viewsDaley_Lama

If we got such a windfall, we should go out and sign a striker immediately from a lesser club and get promoted next summer to the Championship.

I remember bury getting such a windfall from David Nugent and history shows that such windfalls lead to great things if you invest it correctly.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024