Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now comes the plate spinning....... 09:17 - Feb 1 with 4593 viewsThe_DJ

Delighted that the club has had this windfall and equally delighted for Scott Hogan whose career should now ascend to another level.

So , what to do for the best now and in the future.

Payment of Mortgage and any other debts ?
Immediate upgrade of Facilities that are bordering on Health and Safety risks?
Gradual upgrade of Stadium facilities using competitive tendering of hopefully local firms ?
Reduced price Season Tickets next year regardless of targets ?
Payments to staff ?
Avoidance of Tax !!!!!!!!
Investment in the Team and a Youth Development

The Board have performed heroics in the past with little money , I'm sure they will do us all proud with money to spend.
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 4528 viewsSuggers

I am sure the financial stewardship will continue along the same lines as before, we can be confident that the board will not act like a kiddy in a sweetshop and make sure the resources are invested to further secure the long term future of the club.
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:32 - Feb 1 with 4504 viewsdingdangblue

Completely short term - and something for the fans. Make the Charlton game on the 18th February FREE ENTRY for everyone and advertise it everywhere around the town properly.
Free coaches to the Bolton game the Tuesday before?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 4492 views1907

Think it's time for everyone to step back, savour the moment and then reassess. Use these next few months wisely and consider all angles.

What we have to focus on now is where does the next Scott Hogan come from?
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:37 - Feb 1 with 4475 viewselectricblue

Priorities are..
Pay off the stadium purchase debt..
Improve the facilities due to health n safety reasons ie the toilets..
Renovate the 5 aside pitches and turn them into a viable income winner...
Clean those bloody seats.....

There is no need for drastic action of reducing season tickets etc.
Just lower them 10%.
Reduce pay at the gate fees by a couple of quidd....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 4446 viewsjudd

Lump it on Russia to win Eurovision.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 4393 viewsdingdangblue

Lump it on bury to get relegated.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:04 - Feb 1 with 4353 viewsDaleiLama

Exercise continued fiscal prudence. The leopard isn't suddenly going to change it's spots after >100 years.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:06]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 4299 viewsdawlishdale

Immediate:

Sort out the dirty seats. Mend the broken ones. Clean the whole stadium especially the toilets.

Employ a couple of cleaners to patrol the ground during matches. This is always when the problems happen... spillages/blockages etc. Lets deal with the problem straight away.

Short term.

Repay the stadium debt. No point in paying interest on a loan if we have surplus cash.

During Summer:

A complete (not a cheap job) refurbishment of the executive facilities at the club. Prices for this area rose quite a lot this season; lets give people something worth paying for. New Carpets/ decor/TV's/ Aircon. (it's boiling in there much of the time) Bit of a revamp of the entrance area.

Complete replacement of the 5 a side pitch. It is dangerous as it is and shouldn't be used in it's current state. If re-done, it will produce income and hopefully help to promote the club to the town.

New PA system. Please lets have the volume levels sorted by someone other than Sweetmore, who thinks it's a rave.

Pitch. It has suffered recently. I know we usually upgrade it during close season.

New scoreboard. Not pie in the sky. A decent Marketing Manager will make this pay for itself with sponsorship. it can then be both informative for supporters and an income stream for the club..

If done properly, this lot will account for over £1m. That should be enough for now.

Obviously, the good work that has been started by selling the club to the Town has to continue, and get better.

Exciting times, but a lot of hard work needed to implement it all.
Login to get fewer ads

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:28 - Feb 1 with 4226 viewsBigKindo

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 09:32 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Completely short term - and something for the fans. Make the Charlton game on the 18th February FREE ENTRY for everyone and advertise it everywhere around the town properly.
Free coaches to the Bolton game the Tuesday before?

And the 1000+ season ticket holders and half season ticket holders are given a kick in the groin. These are the type of supporters the club needs the former shelling out money before a ball is kicked that season.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:29]
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 4175 viewsD_Dale

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:14 - Feb 1 by dawlishdale

Immediate:

Sort out the dirty seats. Mend the broken ones. Clean the whole stadium especially the toilets.

Employ a couple of cleaners to patrol the ground during matches. This is always when the problems happen... spillages/blockages etc. Lets deal with the problem straight away.

Short term.

Repay the stadium debt. No point in paying interest on a loan if we have surplus cash.

During Summer:

A complete (not a cheap job) refurbishment of the executive facilities at the club. Prices for this area rose quite a lot this season; lets give people something worth paying for. New Carpets/ decor/TV's/ Aircon. (it's boiling in there much of the time) Bit of a revamp of the entrance area.

Complete replacement of the 5 a side pitch. It is dangerous as it is and shouldn't be used in it's current state. If re-done, it will produce income and hopefully help to promote the club to the town.

New PA system. Please lets have the volume levels sorted by someone other than Sweetmore, who thinks it's a rave.

Pitch. It has suffered recently. I know we usually upgrade it during close season.

New scoreboard. Not pie in the sky. A decent Marketing Manager will make this pay for itself with sponsorship. it can then be both informative for supporters and an income stream for the club..

If done properly, this lot will account for over £1m. That should be enough for now.

Obviously, the good work that has been started by selling the club to the Town has to continue, and get better.

Some good points here, from someone who seems to know parts of the ground not usually seen by many fans. But regarding the boiling hot executive boxes, isn't the Chairman head of a heating firm?!

I wonder where the scoreboard might be sited. That of many years ago in the Sandy Lane end couldn't be read from the stand. Perhaps the budget could run to two, one at each end.

Entirely agree that even with a bit more cash than usual to spend there is also a need for a lot of hard work.
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:46 - Feb 1 with 4159 viewsClivert

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:28 - Feb 1 by BigKindo

And the 1000+ season ticket holders and half season ticket holders are given a kick in the groin. These are the type of supporters the club needs the former shelling out money before a ball is kicked that season.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:29]

Tbf the half season ticket holders have already benefited from a fantastic deal and as someone who bought my ST last May at the full price I have no issue with the club trying any scheme to improve attendances at TCOA.
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:56 - Feb 1 with 4112 viewsR17ALE

The next AGM will be very interesting. I think the next set of accounts should show the initial money received from Brentford, whilst future accounts will show the add-ons from his Villa move.

And I think we can guarantee at the next 5 Fans Forums a question along the lines of: "where's the Hogan money gone?"

I have no doubt the Board will exercise caution. They are the only Board in the club's history to be in a position like this - one of huge responsibility really.

Bizarrely, I'm reminded of John Major's out-going speech to the Blair/Brown administration in 1997 when he urged them not to spend all the money. They did and the country has suffered ever since, spending more than it earns.

But, on the other hand we should fix the holes in the roof whilst the sun is shining.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:06 - Feb 1 with 4060 viewsD_Alien

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:14 - Feb 1 by dawlishdale

Immediate:

Short term.

During Summer:

It's unlikely we'll have a million as part of what usually happens - instalments

Possibly something like £825k x 3, pending add ons, so any initial investment in the ground will be within that type of budget - and that's not taking into account tax & other slicing of the instalments, or them being spread over a longer term

I don't see Villa getting promoted this season either
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 11:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:07 - Feb 1 with 4053 viewsjudd

Buy Pike Fold.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:29 - Feb 1 with 3975 viewsJimlidale

Regards stadium debt things like early redemption penalties need to be considered.
Increasing revenue by improving facilities might prove to be more effective at improving the bottom line.
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:45 - Feb 1 with 3891 views100notout

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 10:56 - Feb 1 by R17ALE

The next AGM will be very interesting. I think the next set of accounts should show the initial money received from Brentford, whilst future accounts will show the add-ons from his Villa move.

And I think we can guarantee at the next 5 Fans Forums a question along the lines of: "where's the Hogan money gone?"

I have no doubt the Board will exercise caution. They are the only Board in the club's history to be in a position like this - one of huge responsibility really.

Bizarrely, I'm reminded of John Major's out-going speech to the Blair/Brown administration in 1997 when he urged them not to spend all the money. They did and the country has suffered ever since, spending more than it earns.

But, on the other hand we should fix the holes in the roof whilst the sun is shining.

Its a great point about future fans forums and "wheres the Hogan money gone" and to be honest the BBC reporting things like "Rochdale are in for a £3m windfall ..... 30% sell-on clause ......" etc are at best unhelpful and in reality totally false.

Its not 30%
R17ALE says its 25%
I've heard from someone "in the know" its 20% (of course who really knows? - very few)
Take off the £750k we initially got
Take off Hogans 5% (if true)
Take off Hilly's cut
Agents fees?
VAT?
Then take into account any stage payments / conditional payments and its nowhere near £3m.

Still - not to be sniffed at and it secures our short / medium term future but a huge responsibility for the board to spend it wisely.

I trust them to do that but they may need a few reminders about pigeons etc!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:59 - Feb 1 with 3826 viewsEllGazzell

An upgrade to the commentary equipment so it doesn't drop out at least 3 times a game - "searching, connected, framed" (and nobody tell me they can't control away facilities, it dropped 3 times on Saturday - at home!).

They could upgrade the actual commentators as well, "as I say", some professionally trained commentators would be nice.

That Dale player subscription isn't cheap and it's the only option for me other fans who thankfully don't live in Rochdale but unfortunately can't get to games.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 12:19 - Feb 1 with 3739 viewsR17ALE

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:45 - Feb 1 by 100notout

Its a great point about future fans forums and "wheres the Hogan money gone" and to be honest the BBC reporting things like "Rochdale are in for a £3m windfall ..... 30% sell-on clause ......" etc are at best unhelpful and in reality totally false.

Its not 30%
R17ALE says its 25%
I've heard from someone "in the know" its 20% (of course who really knows? - very few)
Take off the £750k we initially got
Take off Hogans 5% (if true)
Take off Hilly's cut
Agents fees?
VAT?
Then take into account any stage payments / conditional payments and its nowhere near £3m.

Still - not to be sniffed at and it secures our short / medium term future but a huge responsibility for the board to spend it wisely.

I trust them to do that but they may need a few reminders about pigeons etc!!!!!!

There's no VAT to take off, unless the sale was £9m including VAT. Perhaps this was a sticking point!

I believe the true figure we'll get is £1.6m rising to £2.5m if Villa go up to the Prem. Nowhere near £3m but still not to be sniffed at!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 12:20]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 3593 viewsbatman

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 12:19 - Feb 1 by R17ALE

There's no VAT to take off, unless the sale was £9m including VAT. Perhaps this was a sticking point!

I believe the true figure we'll get is £1.6m rising to £2.5m if Villa go up to the Prem. Nowhere near £3m but still not to be sniffed at!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 12:20]

Based on those numbers and your stated 25% sell on clause
the figure is nearer £7mill rising to 11
1.6 x 4 = 6.4 + 0.8 (initial fee) = £7.2 million
Rising by extra 0.9 x 4 = 3.6 = £10.8 million

So as is normally the case in these sort of deals the only people
who truly know are those directly involved.

Either way a kings ransom to a club like Dale
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 15:21 - Feb 1 with 3381 viewsHopwoodblue

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 11:07 - Feb 1 by judd

Buy Pike Fold.

Buy all the car parking spaces at giggle lane for next season !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Now comes the plate spinning....... on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 3353 viewsBarrowdale

Absolutely sort the ridiculous noise of the PA system in the Pearl St. I don't care what they play, just would like to talk to my friends. It is horrendous
Now comes the plate spinning....... on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 3191 viewsmingthemerciless

Allegedly when Hornets got their really massive windfall when they sold the Athletic Grounds the directors asked the then coach Jim Crellin - " What shall we do with the money Jim ? "

He said " Keep it in the Bank". He was gone shortly after that in spite of having gained promotion without spending daft money and a new coach was found who had less problems with spending the cash.

A succession of expensive flops were signed in a vain attempt to stay in Super League. In no time at all most of the dough was gone.

A lesson from history.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 16:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024