Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred 14:05 - Feb 25 with 23104 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Wilson
Rafferty Keane Mcnulty
Camps mcdermott Allen
Mendez Thomson Hendo Calvin
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 2069 viewssykeboy

Can't see problem with Donal dismissal stupid challenge
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:56 - Feb 25 with 2039 views1mark1

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:37 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10782134/peterborough-3-1-r

Can see why the ref gave all three decisions which led to the sending offs. Awful defending throughout but a good Thompson goal. Shame it doesn't show the Allen penalty claim which was said to have been "stone wall"

Edit: for clarification, Rafferty might have escaped a yellow for that and McDermott could have got a booking rather than a red. Don't necessarily agree with the cards but can see why they were given. The Posh player's second yellow was so yellow it was almost a Watford shirt.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 18:41]

Once he was on a yellow card it was a very poor unnecessary challenge by Rafferty that led to his secon yellow card that in my opinion deserved a yellow. Mc Dermotts challenge was bad enough to warrant a red card if it had been against us, so yes see why it was given, in this epochs game, in which many similar type challenges get given a red.

Looked three bad goals IMO defensively to give away.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 19:04 - Feb 25 with 2003 viewsdingdangblue

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:37 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10782134/peterborough-3-1-r

Can see why the ref gave all three decisions which led to the sending offs. Awful defending throughout but a good Thompson goal. Shame it doesn't show the Allen penalty claim which was said to have been "stone wall"

Edit: for clarification, Rafferty might have escaped a yellow for that and McDermott could have got a booking rather than a red. Don't necessarily agree with the cards but can see why they were given. The Posh player's second yellow was so yellow it was almost a Watford shirt.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 18:41]

The McDermott one is very harsh. He possibly makes contact with their player with his backside!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 1995 viewsrich_dale

The ref clearly didn't help today but that wasn't why we lost. Bizarre starting selection/formation that was more akin to adapting mid-game when you're losing plus rank bad defending was why we lost. We were two down before the ref became an issue. In the pub we read the team out and thought 'who's left back?' When we got to the ground we saw our two best forwards playing full back - or were they wing backs, they were so far advanced? - and the team for the first 15 mins looked disjointed, like they were unsure of it all. Obviously a lot of prep goes into every game but it all looked baffling, especially with JT up front too. I know he scored but he offered nothing else in that position, no outlet. When Cal switched there we looked better. Why not just have a solid back 4 against a team that were nervous - I love Hilly as much as the next fan but it's like trying to guess the lottery numbers sometimes in terms of ('with respect to' (arf))) predicting the team and formation. Sometimes just keep it simple especially when setting your stall out - my mate said there were shades of Guardiola today but this is the EFL. Just set up solid and make changes later in the game. Anyway rant over, think we can bounce back and go on a run now. Most of the above is beer talking so sorry if it's reactionany! The support today was quality (esp the Herman and hermits song on loop) Onto Tuesday! UTD!
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 19:12 - Feb 25 with 1959 views442Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 19:06 - Feb 25 by rich_dale

The ref clearly didn't help today but that wasn't why we lost. Bizarre starting selection/formation that was more akin to adapting mid-game when you're losing plus rank bad defending was why we lost. We were two down before the ref became an issue. In the pub we read the team out and thought 'who's left back?' When we got to the ground we saw our two best forwards playing full back - or were they wing backs, they were so far advanced? - and the team for the first 15 mins looked disjointed, like they were unsure of it all. Obviously a lot of prep goes into every game but it all looked baffling, especially with JT up front too. I know he scored but he offered nothing else in that position, no outlet. When Cal switched there we looked better. Why not just have a solid back 4 against a team that were nervous - I love Hilly as much as the next fan but it's like trying to guess the lottery numbers sometimes in terms of ('with respect to' (arf))) predicting the team and formation. Sometimes just keep it simple especially when setting your stall out - my mate said there were shades of Guardiola today but this is the EFL. Just set up solid and make changes later in the game. Anyway rant over, think we can bounce back and go on a run now. Most of the above is beer talking so sorry if it's reactionany! The support today was quality (esp the Herman and hermits song on loop) Onto Tuesday! UTD!

Seems a pretty fair collection of thoughts, always interested to hear from those who were there and whether if we're off the mark when reacting to what we hear while following on here/radio/etc. Cheers for that

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 19:48 - Feb 25 with 1766 viewsscarrow

On reflection and now having see those highlights these are my views.

KH needs to look at himself playing 4/5 players (Calvin, hendo, raff, Donal and jt) out of position.
Raff deservedly sent off silly yellows
Donal deservedly sent off - intent/off floor etc
players worked very hard can't fault the effort.
Not won over by the goalie.
But the game was lost before sendings off and this is down to KH having a mare today.

Lillis/bunney/Lund/Davies - missed
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 20:09]

Poll: Final position

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 20:14 - Feb 25 with 1645 views49thseason

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:53 - Feb 25 by sykeboy

Can't see problem with Donal dismissal stupid challenge

Desperate to get into the game after such a long time out and maybe knowing his career (such as it has been) is under threat would probably drive many players to do things they wouldn't under other circumstances
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 20:30 - Feb 25 with 1582 viewsDaley_Lama

Hilly went for experience at the back with Calvin and Hendo, Calvin up against the infuriating Maddison.

Before they scored from a corner they had had numerous chances and it wasn't working at the back.

Equally, it wasn't working up front as Joey T was out muscled time and time again (me no Joey T basher)

One could always say at 0-0 it was working, but for me it wasn't.

The second goal forced Hill's hand and paid results immediately, the fellow marking Joey T ended up marking Calvin and Joey T finished well.

Back in the game! Posh have one or two cracking players but their record of late has been poor and conceding before HT, you never know.

Then the stupid second yellow for Raff. His first one was daft as heck too. Criminal

Second sending off? Can see why the ref gave it but not helped by Baldwin feigning injury.

The only good thing was that Baldwin was sent off later, the second biggest cheat on the pitch.

At 9-11 Posh actually didn't seem to know what to do. They seemed to leave 7 back against Calvin and were happy to give us the ball back all the time. Most odd.

Hendo was through but for Baldwin bringing him down and for me that should have been a straight red too. Cynical challenge, had it gone 2-2 at that point, who knows?

3rd goal scored by Taylor who was very impressive all game, set up by the biggest cheat on the pitch, Maddison.

Camps was thoroughly irritated after he had dived for the umpteenth time claiming a penalty, reminding me of Gatting v Shakoor Rana with his finger pointing and obvious calling out of Maddison..

The 9 played their hearts out. Wilson made some great and brave save, Allen ran his butt off as did all.

Won't be going to Posh in a hurry again though, £26 for pooh wooden seats with an average view.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:07 - Feb 27 with 1032 viewsDaleiLama

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 15:57 - Feb 25 by mightydale

Keith hill is costing us our playoff place.3 fit left backs and 2 fit right backs but plays 2 forwards instead.

Glad I don't go that much anymore embarrassing management by hill
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 16:00]

Couple of questions for you.

1/ Which division do you think Dale would be in if KH hadn't come back for a second go?

2/ How do you think we got into a play-off position in the first place?

Embarrassing support if you ask me.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024