Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred 14:05 - Feb 25 with 23106 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Wilson
Rafferty Keane Mcnulty
Camps mcdermott Allen
Mendez Thomson Hendo Calvin
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:45 - Feb 25 with 2185 views442Dale

3-1

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:50 - Feb 25 with 2013 viewshxdale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:19 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Probably because he's on a yellow.

Amazingly you can see us getting a goal still!

You were saying..
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:51 - Feb 25 with 1979 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:45 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

3-1

That's the double done on us,again.

Sounds like a Turkey Shoot but with Wilson at least standing tall?
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:52 - Feb 25 with 1942 viewsregjenkins

Feel sorry for the fans that went

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 1928 viewsFrog

Oh well, is that 7 without a league win? Nearly got the annual 10 game shi*e run over with.
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 3046 views442Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:50 - Feb 25 by hxdale

You were saying..

Yep, and I stand by it. Because for all the mistakes made by Hill today and the red cards that have followed, we have shown enough times over the years that thes always a chance that we get something when nobody expects it. That's why Hill has rightly deserved all the credit he's got over the years.

When we go through periods like this, the overriding emotion is one of frustration as it's often that some issues are seemingly avoidable.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 2996 viewsSuddenLad

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:53 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Yep, and I stand by it. Because for all the mistakes made by Hill today and the red cards that have followed, we have shown enough times over the years that thes always a chance that we get something when nobody expects it. That's why Hill has rightly deserved all the credit he's got over the years.

When we go through periods like this, the overriding emotion is one of frustration as it's often that some issues are seemingly avoidable.

It's one game. We go again on Tuesday. Anyone would think from some of the comments that we were in the bottom 4.

We're having a wobble. Let's not turn it into a crisis.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:56 - Feb 25 with 2984 views442Dale

Two penalty saves in short order by Ripley at Oldham has helped keep our season alive.

Login to get fewer ads

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:58 - Feb 25 with 2922 views442Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:55 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

It's one game. We go again on Tuesday. Anyone would think from some of the comments that we were in the bottom 4.

Aye. We need to get back to basics with every position filled by a player who is the best for the role.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:17 - Feb 25 with 2688 viewsSandyman

Tactically , KH got it wrong but you can't fault the players for effort and trying to make a strange plan come to fruition. Ref unfit for purpose or worse in a game that wasn't really dirty at all.. He needs taking off the list. The Posh red even more bizarre than ours. Our fans kept behind the manager and players til the end. Sterling effort with 9 v 12. Roll on Tuesday.
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:31 - Feb 25 with 2597 viewsShun

Given that we went down to ten men at the end of the first half when we'd already conceded 2, and the second red card followed soon after, the fact we only conceded 1 goal more isn't nearly as bad as it could've been. Raff will be a miss on Tuesday, but McDermott's absence might be seen as a positive in that Hill will be forced to play superior players instead.
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:38 - Feb 25 with 2550 viewssweetcorn

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:42 - Feb 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

McDermott has offered us nothing all season for presumably decent pay week in week out.....3 match ban pending?

Thanks a lot.

Can't see McDermott being on too much.. we plucked him from non-league obscurity, i'd imagine his wage will reflect that.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:39 - Feb 25 with 2537 views442Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:31 - Feb 25 by Shun

Given that we went down to ten men at the end of the first half when we'd already conceded 2, and the second red card followed soon after, the fact we only conceded 1 goal more isn't nearly as bad as it could've been. Raff will be a miss on Tuesday, but McDermott's absence might be seen as a positive in that Hill will be forced to play superior players instead.

The thinking behind McDermott's return is very strange. There's obvious ability the but we haven't seen it for a very long time on a consistent basis.

Team for Tuesday:

Logan
Cannon, Keane, McNulty/McGahey*, Taylor
Allen, Camps, Rathbone
Henderson, Andrew, NML

* the obsession with playing a left footed centre half is becoming far too much of an issue. Marcus Holness had his best season ever playing on the left in League 1. It really doesn't matter that much.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:40 - Feb 25 with 2532 views1907

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:52 - Feb 25 by regjenkins

Feel sorry for the fans that went

Don't. Was a great game. The decision to send McDermott off was as bad a decision as you'll ever see!
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:40 - Feb 25 with 2532 viewsFrog

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:55 - Feb 25 by SuddenLad

Wobble? 7 without a win is more than that.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 17:41]
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:41 - Feb 25 with 2511 viewsrichfoad32

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:58 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Aye. We need to get back to basics with every position filled by a player who is the best for the role.

Yep, I didn't play football at a particularly high standard but even I played enough to know that injuries/suspensions notwithstanding we were at our best when we played with a settled side, where everyone knew their job and what their teammates could/couldn't do. Maybe there is a method to Hilly's constant tinkering that will become clear in time but I just can't see it. Players drop in and out of the side at will and pop up in random positions, I'm just not sure Hill knows what his best eleven is.

Tuesday's game is crucial now with Vale on a poor run themselves. Need a win not just to stay in the playoff hunt but to instill some confidence again otherwise I can just see a promising season just petering out completely.
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:44 - Feb 25 with 2470 viewssweetcorn

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:41 - Feb 25 by richfoad32

Yep, I didn't play football at a particularly high standard but even I played enough to know that injuries/suspensions notwithstanding we were at our best when we played with a settled side, where everyone knew their job and what their teammates could/couldn't do. Maybe there is a method to Hilly's constant tinkering that will become clear in time but I just can't see it. Players drop in and out of the side at will and pop up in random positions, I'm just not sure Hill knows what his best eleven is.

Tuesday's game is crucial now with Vale on a poor run themselves. Need a win not just to stay in the playoff hunt but to instill some confidence again otherwise I can just see a promising season just petering out completely.

Hilly definitely knows his best 11 its just 3 of them are sat on the injury table..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:49 - Feb 25 with 2430 viewsToffeemanc

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 16:21 - Feb 25 by sykeboy

Looking forward to Hillys review of today's baffling formation and probable defeat,shame but injuries all coming together have totally derailed a promising season

I'm also looking forward to hearing Hillys comments and ideas behind the selections for today.
Yet for some strange reason I'm thinking that Beechy might be on post match duty today.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:03 - Feb 25 with 2345 viewsShun

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:39 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

The thinking behind McDermott's return is very strange. There's obvious ability the but we haven't seen it for a very long time on a consistent basis.

Team for Tuesday:

Logan
Cannon, Keane, McNulty/McGahey*, Taylor
Allen, Camps, Rathbone
Henderson, Andrew, NML

* the obsession with playing a left footed centre half is becoming far too much of an issue. Marcus Holness had his best season ever playing on the left in League 1. It really doesn't matter that much.

Absolutely this team please! I'm not too bothered about who plays in net, Logan or Wilson, and I'd prefer McGahey over McNulty, but otherwise absolutely this team.
Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:04 - Feb 25 with 2337 views442Dale

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:49 - Feb 25 by Toffeemanc

I'm also looking forward to hearing Hillys comments and ideas behind the selections for today.
Yet for some strange reason I'm thinking that Beechy might be on post match duty today.

It was Hill.

Talked about the work he does with Referee's Association said if he was them he'd be "slightly embarrassed about the standards that they're providing in League 1"

There was no mention at all about the selections, so hopefully they will have been covered by questions asked in the Dale Player interview.

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:05 - Feb 25 with 2337 viewsSuddenLad

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:49 - Feb 25 by Toffeemanc

Wrong.

Hilly says that 'Peterborough were awrded an unfair numerical advantage'

He also says that if he were a member lf the Referees Association, he would be embarrassed at the standard of League One refereeing.

He thinks the players showed great heart, great spirit and were up against it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 2260 viewsDaley_Lama

If i had been ref, Maddison would have recieved 7 yellow cards for diving.

Poll: DF in or out

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 2215 viewsTVOS1907

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 17:40 - Feb 25 by 1907

Don't. Was a great game. The decision to send McDermott off was as bad a decision as you'll ever see!

How was it a great game? I thought we were poor throughout, even with 11 men.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:37 - Feb 25 with 2099 views442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10782134/peterborough-3-1-r

Can see why the ref gave all three decisions which led to the sending offs. Awful defending throughout but a good Thompson goal. Shame it doesn't show the Allen penalty claim which was said to have been "stone wall"

Edit: for clarification, Rafferty might have escaped a yellow for that and McDermott could have got a booking rather than a red. Don't necessarily agree with the cards but can see why they were given. The Posh player's second yellow was so yellow it was almost a Watford shirt.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 18:41]

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:52 - Feb 25 with 2013 viewsBobbyjoe

Boro Vs Dale Match Fred on 18:37 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10782134/peterborough-3-1-r

Can see why the ref gave all three decisions which led to the sending offs. Awful defending throughout but a good Thompson goal. Shame it doesn't show the Allen penalty claim which was said to have been "stone wall"

Edit: for clarification, Rafferty might have escaped a yellow for that and McDermott could have got a booking rather than a red. Don't necessarily agree with the cards but can see why they were given. The Posh player's second yellow was so yellow it was almost a Watford shirt.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 18:41]

Indeed! The constant attempts to undermine referees' authority by managers seeking to deflect criticism of their own shortcomings is a cancer in the game. Hill is by no manner of means the worst culprit, but it's small wonder players behave like small children, and small children behave like players!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024