Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 142320 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:47 - Apr 11 with 3171 viewsCockneyDale

It struck me that a significant number of people will be holding back on committing, in order to see what the price will be first. Fair enough. But if the club had a system where people could register interest initially, then at least when the totaliser was nearing a certain landmark, they could email out saying, for instance, something along the lines of "The totaliser is at 1850, but there are 650 of you who have registered who have yet to commit to a deposit, which will take us to 2500 if you all commit now..."
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 3082 viewsboromat

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 11:47 - Apr 11 by CockneyDale

It struck me that a significant number of people will be holding back on committing, in order to see what the price will be first. Fair enough. But if the club had a system where people could register interest initially, then at least when the totaliser was nearing a certain landmark, they could email out saying, for instance, something along the lines of "The totaliser is at 1850, but there are 650 of you who have registered who have yet to commit to a deposit, which will take us to 2500 if you all commit now..."

Yeah you may be right. Unfortunately too many people holding back could mean not making any target.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:59 - Apr 11 with 3071 viewsWill_RAFC

If all current season ticket holders renewed, and given the stories of new season ticket holders/businesses who have signed up, we could get to the 2000 mark no problem. I think it needs hammering home that existing season ticket holders only have until the end of this month to keep their reserved seats. Once we hit 2000 this offer takes off, it was always going to be a struggle to get to that point. It just needs the dyed in the wool Dale fans and the ones who are getting a season ticket regardless of price to get their deposits down asap.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 3041 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:55 - Apr 11 by boromat

Yeah you may be right. Unfortunately too many people holding back could mean not making any target.

Been done to death but people remotely interested in buying a ST as a first timer want to know the price they are paying in order to deposit in the first place.....people won't put money down on something they don't know the price of...
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 3041 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:59 - Apr 11 by Will_RAFC

If all current season ticket holders renewed, and given the stories of new season ticket holders/businesses who have signed up, we could get to the 2000 mark no problem. I think it needs hammering home that existing season ticket holders only have until the end of this month to keep their reserved seats. Once we hit 2000 this offer takes off, it was always going to be a struggle to get to that point. It just needs the dyed in the wool Dale fans and the ones who are getting a season ticket regardless of price to get their deposits down asap.

That's something that's mystified me, Will

What on earth are the current ST holders waiting for? Presumably, the vast majority would be renewing even without this initiative

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:09 - Apr 11 with 3036 views100notout

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:06 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

What on earth are the current ST holders waiting for? Presumably, the vast majority would be renewing even without this initiative

Can only imagine that they're waiting for April payday to pay their £50 deposit. Lets hope so.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:42 - Apr 11 with 2965 viewsDaleFan7

A lot of our ST holders are half season ticket holders that bought one off the back of the deal. Some aren't going to be people who will gamble on paying full price for a ST, they proved they aren't willing to last season.

I haven't renewed mine yet, I'm waiting for seats to become available on 30th so that I can move where I'm sitting so I'll be adding 1 to the statistic at the end of the month.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:08 - Apr 11 with 2839 viewsRAFC_1990

We have 1,300 Full ST holders, Die hards who buy every year regardless. Where are they? With them plus a few half ST holders such as myself along with the additional businesses, first timers and juniors we would be around the 2,000 mark and this offer can finally take off.

These are people who are used to paying 300+ out at once so its surprising that many would be hanging back to pay a 50 pound deposit.

The quicker we can break the 1,000 barrier and get up into the 1500+ the better. I would have expected to be around the 2,000 mark by the 27th April, but with 16 days left I don't know whats going on?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:09 - Apr 11 with 2836 viewspioneer

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:42 - Apr 11 by DaleFan7

A lot of our ST holders are half season ticket holders that bought one off the back of the deal. Some aren't going to be people who will gamble on paying full price for a ST, they proved they aren't willing to last season.

I haven't renewed mine yet, I'm waiting for seats to become available on 30th so that I can move where I'm sitting so I'll be adding 1 to the statistic at the end of the month.

Some sporting events I go to allow you to pay for your ticket in the current location but then once the deadline for existing ticket holders passes they have a short period where you can change location. That way they get you to lock in early. Its a shame you couldnt pay now with the option of moving seats after 30th.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:00 - Apr 11 with 2760 viewsboromat

Agree with the existing ticket holders comments. I was there on day one with it also being pay day. Maybe some have planned for it to come out of next pad days money.

I really hope they turn up sooner rather than later the whole scheme is built around getting to that first target as quick as possible.

Hope the club send out a targeted email to those still not renewed a week before the deadline hammering home the point about getting to the first target quickly to have the best chance of meeting the further targets.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:38 - Apr 11 with 2604 viewsDaleiLama

More than 670 now sold in 16 days = 42/day. Really not far off the pace for 4k. Very interesting to see where we'll be at the end of the season.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 19:47]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:50 - Apr 11 with 2578 viewsdaz

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:38 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

More than 670 now sold in 16 days = 42/day. Really not far off the pace for 4k. Very interesting to see where we'll be at the end of the season.

Council payday on Thursday and a long weekend when people are off work and get up to the club to put down deposits 😀

Oh wait............... ticket office is closed for 3 days 🤔🙄🙇
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:52 - Apr 11 with 2568 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:50 - Apr 11 by daz

Council payday on Thursday and a long weekend when people are off work and get up to the club to put down deposits 😀

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:53 - Apr 11 with 2472 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 13:06 - Apr 11 by nordenblue

Been done to death but people remotely interested in buying a ST as a first timer want to know the price they are paying in order to deposit in the first place.....people won't put money down on something they don't know the price of...

Some people will though. In fact, they have. Hopefully many more will put it down once a target is reached, and to achieve that those who can, should. But that's been done to death too!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:56 - Apr 11 with 2466 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:38 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

That's approx 80 in the the last five days, around 16 a day.

At least seeing numbers helps, we have got to get away from any perceived negativity a lack of info may create. This sort of positive update which specfically mentions sales can't hurt at all. Momentum is indeed key.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:54 - Apr 12 with 2254 views1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:50 - Apr 11 by daz

It's Easter weekend, staff are entitled to enjoy time away from work.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:35 - Apr 12 with 2210 viewsdaz

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:54 - Apr 12 by 1907

Really 3 days??? Disagree I'm afraid!

I think in the retail sector you work to a captive audience. I'd never want to work weekends so I didn't take a job in retail. Supermarkets will only close on Easter Sunday when they have to. There is a car sales pitch near me that doesn't open on Sundays and you can constantly see customers peering through the gates at cars but nobody is there to sell them one, madness!

I'm not saying everyone needs to be in at the club but surely a rota could be done. Even if one customer turned up with a deposit on Friday or Saturday and nobody was there to process it, that's still one to many in my eyes. For this scheme to take off we need to maximise sales opportunities and a closed ticket office isn't doing this.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:45 - Apr 12 with 2190 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 09:54 - Apr 12 by 1907

I work in retail and I only get the Sunday off, in fact, I'm missing the Coventry game due to me being scheduled to work until 3pm on Monday!

I think we should be aiming to make the most of the opportunity of getting people signed off while there is a long weekend.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:00 - Apr 12 with 2031 viewsupthedale

I'll be honest with this, though no doubt people will question me on it.

I've had a season ticket for a few years. Last year I felt unfairly treated with the half season ticket (as I said at the time, even an acknowledgement of the "best" customer base would have lessened my annoyance). I say best customers because from a purely business point of view, the 1,300 season ticket holders guarantee their income and help cashflow by giving it at the start of the season (obviously I acknowledge there are many fans who are very loyal fans that can't make a lot of games due to work and therefore can't get a season ticket). I think I ended up "losing" around £70 by buying a season ticket.

I can't get to all games (often my own fault with holidays, but also friend/family commitments we all have), I have always accepted I won't get to all games but more or less "break even" in terms of the money saved with a season ticket (i.e. I miss the 5 free games we roughly get) and would rather RAFC had the money up front. However, last year I ended up "down" due to the half season ticket.

I will most likely renew even though I know I'll miss a few games, but it's hard for me to be too excited about it. The acts of generosity from various people have pushed me to want to be a part of it, and that's why I'm very likely to renew. I also obviously do want to go to all the matches I can.

Aside from my mixed feelings, I also struggle to get down to the club, I have no chance of a weekday (finishing work 7ish) but intend to go after a game.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:30 - Apr 12 with 1931 views442Dale

<<"The acts of generosity from various people have pushed me to want to be a part of it, and that's why I'm very likely to renew.">>

That's really good to hear and illustrates how people can help others decide.

Past 700 now, so that's around 30 since yesterday which is pretty good for a random Wednesday.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:46 - Apr 12 with 1822 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:30 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

<<"The acts of generosity from various people have pushed me to want to be a part of it, and that's why I'm very likely to renew.">>

Past 700 now, so that's around 30 since yesterday which is pretty good for a random Wednesday.

Maybe RRG sold 30 cars today? Either way it's ok.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 1795 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:30 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

And non other than a celebrity lookalike for Terence Stamp's General Zod got us over the hump too! Hope he left his krptonite at home

In all seriousness though, one thing that does concern me is capturing every opportunity. When I was at the last Saturday home game a fella turned up with a form all filled in and £50 in his mit but was turned away (and looked miffed). Now we have the shop shut over Easter.

At times when the shop is shut or busy, couldn't we have a "form drop-off service", with an option to process the application when it's quiet, followed by a receipt for the deposit scanned electronically and e-mailed to the address on the form. With all the technology available now, surely the need to stand in a queue is both antiquated and unnecessary for all concerned? As for missing opportunities ................

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:02 - Apr 12 with 1781 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:59 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

And non other than a celebrity lookalike for Terence Stamp's General Zod got us over the hump too! Hope he left his krptonite at home

In all seriousness though, one thing that does concern me is capturing every opportunity. When I was at the last Saturday home game a fella turned up with a form all filled in and £50 in his mit but was turned away (and looked miffed). Now we have the shop shut over Easter.

At times when the shop is shut or busy, couldn't we have a "form drop-off service", with an option to process the application when it's quiet, followed by a receipt for the deposit scanned electronically and e-mailed to the address on the form. With all the technology available now, surely the need to stand in a queue is both antiquated and unnecessary for all concerned? As for missing opportunities ................

The shop has nothing to do with season tickets.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:08 - Apr 12 with 1765 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:02 - Apr 12 by TVOS1907

The shop has nothing to do with season tickets.

Sorry, meant ticket office. If that is open, good. Still think the ST form drop-off is a good idea though. I know it's been mentioned in the past but with a physical collection service, which doesn't make sense to me?

Update - 705 sold now.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 17:10]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 1743 views442Dale

<<Rochdale AFC‏ @officiallydale
SEASON TICKETS: That's the Ticket Office closed for the day. We're pleased to announce that we've now sold 705 deposits! #RAFC>>

705 sold in 17 days. Averaging 41 sales a day, if that was to continue we would end up selling 3608.

Might just be me, but I find days like today to be very encouraging. 30 sales in the middle of the week on the back of a defeat a few days ago that has left supporters feeling a little bit downbeat illustrates there's a genuine interest in the offer. Imagine what a derby win could do... Do hope that £50 deposits can be paid right up until kick off on Monday. Yes, people will be picking up tickets for the match/using council tax vouchers for tickets, but that should be done at one window, with ST sales at the other. If it means the office being open a couple of minutes after kick off because Joe Bloggs wants to get one for himself and two kids registered for Junior Dale, it's worth it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024