Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rant 22:12 - Apr 30 with 3875 viewsjohndale

2 things about before today's game. The danger of cars going in and out of the car park where there is a large queue for online ticket collection. I think the location of the portakabin needs to be thought about.
Secondly , why order tickets online to reserve seats , when said seats are occupied on your arrival, then being told seating is unreserved. I've sent Russ green an email about this.
Rant on 08:59 - May 1 with 3522 viewsDalenet

I have to agree that we have a problem with managing supporters on match days. Look at the away stand yesterday. Fans were standing on the stairs and aisles yesterday for most of the game because they couldn't find seats. Selling out a stand with so called unreserved seating leaves odd single seats and friends end up standing. What a rubbish experience. Why did the stewards stand by and not help them?

The mainstand fans were equally confused and struggled to find seats. Could you imagine such a farce elsewhere? Paying fans need to be made to feel welcome or they don't come back!!
Rant on 09:52 - May 1 with 3344 viewsColDale

Rant on 08:59 - May 1 by Dalenet

I have to agree that we have a problem with managing supporters on match days. Look at the away stand yesterday. Fans were standing on the stairs and aisles yesterday for most of the game because they couldn't find seats. Selling out a stand with so called unreserved seating leaves odd single seats and friends end up standing. What a rubbish experience. Why did the stewards stand by and not help them?

The mainstand fans were equally confused and struggled to find seats. Could you imagine such a farce elsewhere? Paying fans need to be made to feel welcome or they don't come back!!

how was the main stand sold out yesterday? The block nearest the Sandy Lane wasn't even half full.
Rant on 10:03 - May 1 with 3309 viewsrafc1984

Taking your point about vehicles in and out of the car park before and particularly after matches is a serious issue. It's just a matter of time before there is an accident. Too many times over the past few seasons have I seen near misses.
I don't know if it's because car engines are quieter these days, but from a h&s pov it wants addressing.
Rant on 10:14 - May 1 with 3248 viewswroughtironron

The Club has a legal duty to manage on-site traffic and segregate vehicles from pedestrians.
Although it's a different scenario (builders merchant's car park) Travis Perkins paid a high cost for not having a safe car park ....

https://www.ioshmagazine.com/article/travis-perkins-fined-ps2-million-after-cust
Rant on 10:32 - May 1 with 3166 viewsChaffRAFC

Rant on 09:52 - May 1 by ColDale

how was the main stand sold out yesterday? The block nearest the Sandy Lane wasn't even half full.

It was a Manchester City kind of sold out!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rant on 11:15 - May 1 with 3064 viewsDaley_Lama

Just seen this after asking the same question on the galkery thread.

Comps, i can only guess not taken up.

Poll: DF in or out

Rant on 11:56 - May 1 with 2981 viewsDalenet

I know that now - but before kick of there were many first timers coming to the main stand and didn't know where they could sit. They tend to go to the middle of the stand and are unsure. There is never a steward on duty until after kick off that can help them. A lot of seats were reserved after the £100 ticket deal at Christmas and those seats can't be used. Why can't we issue seat numbers with tickets for all ticket games?
Rant on 17:08 - May 1 with 2787 viewsjohndale

Rant on 10:03 - May 1 by rafc1984

Taking your point about vehicles in and out of the car park before and particularly after matches is a serious issue. It's just a matter of time before there is an accident. Too many times over the past few seasons have I seen near misses.
I don't know if it's because car engines are quieter these days, but from a h&s pov it wants addressing.

Funnily enough my son had an accident on the car park earlier this season. Wasn't serious. The club doctor was kind enough to check him out.
Login to get fewer ads

Rant on 17:36 - May 1 with 2694 viewsbeat_the_bishop

The solution to the carpark queue really is basic. Instead of letting the queue form directly in front of the window, the club needs to purchase some metal crowd barriers #DalesBigMetalBarriers and form the line down the front of the unused turnstiles and along the existing metal railings between Pearl St stand and the Main Stand. Instead, they let the queue form right out into the carpark and then looked confused on what to do when a car approached.

I did kindly point out to the steward my suggestion as I walked past and noticed the basic solution. However, the steward looked at me funny and got on his radio. At that point I just proceeded to walk on whilst singing 'Ten pound and a yellow coat' in my head. I know...I'm horrible.

One thing that the club needs is a Stadium/General Manager. Someone to just take ownership of the whole place and it's functioning. £25k a year would land you someone with a few functioning brain cells. So many things are simple to address but I almost get the feeling that absolutely nobody walks around the stadium and it's grounds at all. They all just use one door and that's the main stand. It's like they are oblivious to anything else, bird sh*t fiasco being the prime example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024