Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NML to Bury? 23:00 - May 15 with 6813 viewsdalenumber2

So club line Keith has heard from 'a good source'. Please no!
NML to Bury? on 00:04 - May 16 with 6709 viewsdannywiseman123

Close mate of mine spoke to Mendez about this situation and he replied "Lol No Chance". Personally I wouldn't be offended if Mendez leaves he's getting opportunities for himself that he has worked hard for, just not to bury! 😂
NML to Bury? on 00:17 - May 16 with 6682 viewsShun

NML to Bury? on 00:04 - May 16 by dannywiseman123

Close mate of mine spoke to Mendez about this situation and he replied "Lol No Chance". Personally I wouldn't be offended if Mendez leaves he's getting opportunities for himself that he has worked hard for, just not to bury! 😂

Did he actually speak the word 'lol'?
NML to Bury? on 00:21 - May 16 with 6681 viewsdannywiseman123

NML to Bury? on 00:17 - May 16 by Shun

Did he actually speak the word 'lol'?

Ye mate
NML to Bury? on 07:03 - May 16 with 6494 viewsroccydaleian

NML to Bury? on 00:21 - May 16 by dannywiseman123

Ye mate

Did you not video it?
NML to Bury? on 09:01 - May 16 with 6293 viewsKnowlesy

I reckon this won't be a goer - I heard just before our home game against bury that there was quite a lot of bad blood between NML and the Bury lot, something to do with one of their players and NML's mrs. Went on to be a fiery game with the 2 sendings off so can't see it being a goer.

Really, really hope not. I'd be sick in my mouth if it happened.
NML to Bury? on 09:06 - May 16 with 6272 viewsKenBoon

It wouldn't bother me to much, however from a marketing angle it's terrible.
We're supposed to be pushing for new fans and selling success on the pitch to them. So when one of your best players leave they really need to go up the ladder, rather than down to a smaller club, and certainly not to your minnow neighbours.
NML to Bury? on 09:49 - May 16 with 6169 viewsVivaDonaldo

NML to Bury? on 09:06 - May 16 by KenBoon

It wouldn't bother me to much, however from a marketing angle it's terrible.
We're supposed to be pushing for new fans and selling success on the pitch to them. So when one of your best players leave they really need to go up the ladder, rather than down to a smaller club, and certainly not to your minnow neighbours.

We may look at this as a step down but from a players perspective it is more money and excellent facilities at Carrington. Bury are obviously gearing for a serious tilt this year so as a move its not a terrible one.

Just galling from a rivalry perspective.

I suppose we'll just have to hope that they fall short again and the chickens eventually come home to roost.

Hell of a season to take a big gamble on promotion though with the teams coming down from the Championship, ones coming up from league 2 and the ones in our league that will be competitive next year. Would have been better off doing it last season.
NML to Bury? on 10:03 - May 16 with 6115 viewsdingdangblue

NML to Bury? on 09:49 - May 16 by VivaDonaldo

We may look at this as a step down but from a players perspective it is more money and excellent facilities at Carrington. Bury are obviously gearing for a serious tilt this year so as a move its not a terrible one.

Just galling from a rivalry perspective.

I suppose we'll just have to hope that they fall short again and the chickens eventually come home to roost.

Hell of a season to take a big gamble on promotion though with the teams coming down from the Championship, ones coming up from league 2 and the ones in our league that will be competitive next year. Would have been better off doing it last season.

Yes - it's all about the '5 year plan' down the road. The last year to succeed - I imagine they will spend even more to try and make it happen. Boom or literally bust.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

NML to Bury? on 10:11 - May 16 with 6071 viewsSuddenLad

NML to Bury? on 10:03 - May 16 by dingdangblue

Yes - it's all about the '5 year plan' down the road. The last year to succeed - I imagine they will spend even more to try and make it happen. Boom or literally bust.

Let them get on with it. Their financial hole is already so deep, that they will never get out of it.

Any other line of business and they would have been 'boarded up' years ago.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

NML to Bury? on 10:14 - May 16 with 6061 viewsVivaDonaldo

NML to Bury? on 10:11 - May 16 by SuddenLad

Let them get on with it. Their financial hole is already so deep, that they will never get out of it.

Any other line of business and they would have been 'boarded up' years ago.

I'd be very interested to look at Burtons accounts in a years time to see what affect one year in the championship had on their finances. Granted their non-matchday income is pretty good and they benefit from St Georges down the road, but it would be a good indicator of exactly what effect the step up can have on the accounts.
NML to Bury? on 10:17 - May 16 with 6042 viewsTVOS1907

NML to Bury? on 09:01 - May 16 by Knowlesy

I reckon this won't be a goer - I heard just before our home game against bury that there was quite a lot of bad blood between NML and the Bury lot, something to do with one of their players and NML's mrs. Went on to be a fiery game with the 2 sendings off so can't see it being a goer.

Really, really hope not. I'd be sick in my mouth if it happened.

The use of 'one of their players and NML's mrs' and 'goer' in the same paragraph must have been deliberate...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

NML to Bury? on 11:17 - May 16 with 5880 viewsKnowlesy

NML to Bury? on 10:17 - May 16 by TVOS1907

The use of 'one of their players and NML's mrs' and 'goer' in the same paragraph must have been deliberate...

Must be a right one
[Post edited 16 May 2017 11:17]
NML to Bury? on 12:04 - May 16 with 5745 viewsD_Alien

NML to Bury? on 11:17 - May 16 by Knowlesy

Must be a right one
[Post edited 16 May 2017 11:17]

Footballer's wives, huh?

"You could be earning more money somewhere else, like those lads at bury. We only had two holidays last year and they had three"

*How do you know that?"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

NML to Bury? on 12:08 - May 16 with 5717 viewsmingthemerciless

A pal of mine just told me Stephen Dawson has signed for Bury. He gets as much wrong as right but he seems confident about this one.
NML to Bury? on 12:14 - May 16 with 5678 viewsscarrow

NML to Bury? on 12:08 - May 16 by mingthemerciless

A pal of mine just told me Stephen Dawson has signed for Bury. He gets as much wrong as right but he seems confident about this one.

3 way tug of war with Bradford and Wigan last reported

Poll: Final position

NML to Bury? on 14:52 - May 16 with 5280 viewsdavidab2202

Yes Dawson signs 3year contract at Bury

Must be one he'll of a money tree that grows at Giggleswick, trust it's roots are well set.
NML to Bury? on 15:00 - May 16 with 5237 viewsmingthemerciless

He's a good little player but would I give him a 3 year contract at 31 ? Not a chance.
NML to Bury? on 15:30 - May 16 with 5126 viewsdavidab2202

NML to Bury? on 14:52 - May 16 by davidab2202

Must be one he'll of a money tree that grows at Giggleswick, trust it's roots are well set.

^Who mentioned Giggleswick,b****y predictive text,it's sometimes hard enough thinking for myself without some machine trying to think for me
NML to Bury? on 16:34 - May 16 with 4956 viewsdeeplishblue

Think that this year bury will be promoted in May (2017)

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

NML to Bury? on 17:42 - May 16 with 4724 viewsColDale

NML to Bury? on 14:52 - May 16 by davidab2202

From a footballing point of view, I think Edwards and Dawson will be great signings for Bury. They're getting two real leaders in the dressing room, and there's no chance at all of them having the sort of slump they enjoyed last season. Possibly could be an issue if Beckford doesn't pull his weight as they'll have no hesitation at all in telling him so.

Off the field, it staggers me when I think of the amount of money they must be shelling out. Like I said the other day, I've come to the conclusion that all these loans are simply a back door way of getting money into the club and protecting that cash rather than it all being done on the never never (could be wrong), but when you consider that there are hardly any clubs making Summer signings already, it is beyond belief that Bury have (genuinely this time) fought off competition from other clubs to sign the likes of Dawson and Edwards.

This is a time where a player in demand sits back and just lets the clubs do battle with each other to tempt him to sign. For all three players to accept the offer with such speed says to me that the offers from Bury have blown the others completely out of the water (tho you can't put a price on the Chur, his ambition, Carrington and this famous old club).

I doubt they've finished yet, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this carries on to see Bury start the new season as favourites for the title.
NML to Bury? on 18:13 - May 16 with 4584 viewssykeboy

NML to Bury? on 17:42 - May 16 by ColDale

From a footballing point of view, I think Edwards and Dawson will be great signings for Bury. They're getting two real leaders in the dressing room, and there's no chance at all of them having the sort of slump they enjoyed last season. Possibly could be an issue if Beckford doesn't pull his weight as they'll have no hesitation at all in telling him so.

Off the field, it staggers me when I think of the amount of money they must be shelling out. Like I said the other day, I've come to the conclusion that all these loans are simply a back door way of getting money into the club and protecting that cash rather than it all being done on the never never (could be wrong), but when you consider that there are hardly any clubs making Summer signings already, it is beyond belief that Bury have (genuinely this time) fought off competition from other clubs to sign the likes of Dawson and Edwards.

This is a time where a player in demand sits back and just lets the clubs do battle with each other to tempt him to sign. For all three players to accept the offer with such speed says to me that the offers from Bury have blown the others completely out of the water (tho you can't put a price on the Chur, his ambition, Carrington and this famous old club).

I doubt they've finished yet, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this carries on to see Bury start the new season as favourites for the title.

Have to agree Col both Dawson & Edwards are excellent signing not convinced about Beckford and I am sure the Bucket fan base will be well pleased , but at what cost just can't understand how the required wages can be afforded 🤔
NML to Bury? on 19:03 - May 16 with 4406 viewsscarrow

Clark previously has completely over hauled teams and not got the balance correct. Agree with col, to get deals over the line so quickly suggests huge wages and the loans will be added to the turnover so it'll add to the budget. I'm looking forward to an early KH interview next season where he despairs at the money being thrown around in this division.

Poll: Final position

NML to Bury? on 15:57 - May 17 with 3678 viewsShun

Just had a brief perusal of the Beardyman board (only my second ever time, it's been a slow day!) and there are reports that he's turned down the deal offered by Bury. Also,

"Well on his Instagram, he replied to someone who said 'don't be going to Bury' by saying 'that definitely will not happen'."
NML to Bury? on 16:39 - May 17 with 3558 viewsSaxonDale

Phil Edwards is decent at this level, nothing more or less. Would he improve our squad? Yes, but I think that says more about our defensive options than his quality. A glance at the Oxford forum suggests he didn't pull up any trees there. A good head to have in the dressing room though (forget about potential wage.)

I can't for the life of me see NML going to Bury. Are they interested? Almost certainly, given his age, location and form towards the end of last season it would be stupid for them not to be. However, given the club's who have been reportedly linked to him I think Bury, and unfortunately us, are going to be at the very back of a long queue to sign him.
NML to Bury? on 18:21 - May 17 with 3345 viewsColDale

NML to Bury? on 16:39 - May 17 by SaxonDale

Phil Edwards is decent at this level, nothing more or less. Would he improve our squad? Yes, but I think that says more about our defensive options than his quality. A glance at the Oxford forum suggests he didn't pull up any trees there. A good head to have in the dressing room though (forget about potential wage.)

I can't for the life of me see NML going to Bury. Are they interested? Almost certainly, given his age, location and form towards the end of last season it would be stupid for them not to be. However, given the club's who have been reportedly linked to him I think Bury, and unfortunately us, are going to be at the very back of a long queue to sign him.

NML is being touted around club after club at the moment, and agents are playing the game of feigning interest to get better deals elsewhere. So far it's been Wigan, Cardiff, Bury. Unfortunately, its modern day football that players will move on and you can't fault any player these days for doing so. We moved his career on, but we've had two good years out of him, and I'm sure the chance to further a career was what helped bring him to Dale in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024