Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The changes have begun at Oldham 11:53 - May 8 with 26244 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44040700

Bet there is an awful lot of Oldham fans wish this had happened a long time ago.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:17 - May 11 with 3900 views100notout

The changes have begun at Oldham on 12:34 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Simon Corney is the biggest crook in English football. He’s an absolute charlatan - as bad as Oyston. Last year the Supporter’s Trust raised around £30,000 to fund a new scoreboard. Corney took it upon himself to use this money for LED advertising boards instead without consulting those who had donated. Ok, you might say it is a little sneaky but nothing major - the product is similar and the football club will ultimately benefit from the new revenue. Except there was one little issue - the boards weren’t owned by the football club. A new company called LED media ltd registered at Boundary Park had miraculously appeared out of nowehere. The sole director? Simon Corney. He even had the cheek to bill his accommodation and flights to China where he sourced these boards to the football club. He literally used supporter’s charitable donations to benefit his own private business interests, he has no morals. The club put out a statement essentially guilt-tripping supporters who had the cheek to ask for refunds on their donations and the window to collect said refunds was extremely short - two days. The window for refunds was only extended after Corney realised he’d end up in a courtroom if he refused because these crowdfunders are covered by charitable trust law.

Read this article from a couple of years ago if you’re interested in how this chancer has completely raped the club’s assets https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/oldham-athletic-the

Corney has time and time again shut the fans representative on the board out of meetings and denied the Trust their legal right to inspect the accounts.He also placed the club one missed payment away from being handed over to Stephen Vaughan’s bent mates. Yes, that’s Stephen Vaughan who destroyed Chester City. There are numerous other things that I’ve been told about Corney - from people who are usually bang on and I have no reason to disbelieve - that I won’t publicise because I have no proof. Let’s just say that he’s *allegedly* a very dodgy individual. The Sun article was his spiteful last farewell.

"Simon Corney is the biggest crook in English football."

Sounds pretty libellous to me.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:19 - May 11 with 3893 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:33 - May 11 by moth5368

They aren’t paying all their bills though. This may be ‘administrative errors’ a la fat boy Day or it might be a deeper issue. If it’s a problem you probably won’t find out till it’s too late. I’m so pleased we know the provenance of our chairman/board,

The smugness of Dale fans never ceases to amaze me. Keep your powder dry. There but for the grace of god etc etc.

It’s all cyclical. You’ll be in the shit (again) some day. It’s inevitable in football. Will that be the fans fault? No.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:21 - May 11 with 3884 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:17 - May 11 by 100notout

"Simon Corney is the biggest crook in English football."

Sounds pretty libellous to me.

Crook: a person who is dishonest or a criminal.

I have provided evidence of when he has done both dishonest and criminal things.

Bite me.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:23 - May 11 with 3877 viewsjudd

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:21 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Crook: a person who is dishonest or a criminal.

I have provided evidence of when he has done both dishonest and criminal things.

Bite me.

Ah, but is he the biggest, as you have asserted?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:25 - May 11 with 3866 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:23 - May 11 by judd

Ah, but is he the biggest, as you have asserted?

Check your crookometer.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:29 - May 11 with 3836 viewsjudd

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:25 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Check your crookometer.

Hmmm.

Probably bigger in football

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crook,_County_Durham

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:34 - May 11 with 3813 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:19 - May 11 by biffoboffo

The smugness of Dale fans never ceases to amaze me. Keep your powder dry. There but for the grace of god etc etc.

It’s all cyclical. You’ll be in the shit (again) some day. It’s inevitable in football. Will that be the fans fault? No.

But it's not 'being smug'. It's trying to make others wake up and look beyond their noses at what's going on. Some of us were ridiculed by Bury fans when we highlighted obvious doubts. Accused of 'interfering noisy neighbours' and 'jealous' of investment. Far from it. Ask the same Bury fans now, whether they think we were mocking or scaremongering.

If you're so cocksure that everything is 100% as it appears, then all is well. It's not long since we were hearing the same stories about Mr. Corney and he being the best thing to happen to Oldham for years. Now we have a fellow OAFC poster alleging that he is 'as bent as the day is long' (allegedly) or words to that effect.

I hope for your sake that all is well, but I do wonder why a man with no allegiance whatsoever to a third tier English football club, should seek to plough his own money into a black hole.

Still..........if you're sure......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:34 - May 11 with 3816 viewsjudd

Sincerest apologies for the apparent smugness.

Lessons have been painfully learned over time and the current board is mindful of who might replace them by carefully vetting new directors. I think all directors currently are fans first and foremost.

The Trust maintains a healthy shareholding.

We are probably a wholly unattractive proposition for a charlatan or crook to acquire. We may become of interest to bigger players should the unthinkable happen and we get promoted, but I am sure plans are in place for safeguarding should such an event occur.

Best of luck.

Login to get fewer ads

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:34 - May 11 with 3806 viewsmoth5368

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:18 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Such claims are libellous. I trust that your source is more reliable than an article in that rag The Sun by our disgruntled former chairman?

No, it’s only libel if it’s false. What source?
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:38 - May 11 with 3793 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:34 - May 11 by moth5368

No, it’s only libel if it’s false. What source?

Do you understand how the British justice system works? Innocent until proven guilty. Prove to me that the club is guilty of ‘not paying the bills’ under the stewardship of Mr Lemsagam.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:41 - May 11 with 3778 viewsmoth5368

I’m not in the least bit smug about it. I feel sorry for genuine fans of clubs who have been taken over by charlatans. Nor am I saying that your club have. Just saying that I’m glad I know where I stand at Dale. Chill.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:46 - May 11 with 3760 viewsmoth5368

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:38 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Do you understand how the British justice system works? Innocent until proven guilty. Prove to me that the club is guilty of ‘not paying the bills’ under the stewardship of Mr Lemsagam.

Yes I do. And it’s not innocent until proven guilty, it’s presumed innocent until proven guilty. Therefore I am presumed to be innocent of libel. Whereas you are guilty of being a plank. Why on earth should I want to prove anything to you?
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:48 - May 11 with 3758 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:46 - May 11 by moth5368

Yes I do. And it’s not innocent until proven guilty, it’s presumed innocent until proven guilty. Therefore I am presumed to be innocent of libel. Whereas you are guilty of being a plank. Why on earth should I want to prove anything to you?

😅😅😅
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:57 - May 11 with 3729 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:34 - May 11 by SuddenLad

But it's not 'being smug'. It's trying to make others wake up and look beyond their noses at what's going on. Some of us were ridiculed by Bury fans when we highlighted obvious doubts. Accused of 'interfering noisy neighbours' and 'jealous' of investment. Far from it. Ask the same Bury fans now, whether they think we were mocking or scaremongering.

If you're so cocksure that everything is 100% as it appears, then all is well. It's not long since we were hearing the same stories about Mr. Corney and he being the best thing to happen to Oldham for years. Now we have a fellow OAFC poster alleging that he is 'as bent as the day is long' (allegedly) or words to that effect.

I hope for your sake that all is well, but I do wonder why a man with no allegiance whatsoever to a third tier English football club, should seek to plough his own money into a black hole.

Still..........if you're sure......

Christ...

Not long since heard Corney was the best thing ever? Are you just making this up? Do you recall the circumstances under which Corney came to be the owner and how long ago that was and how it wasn’t just him then and how the financial crisis happened and how the council fecked us over etc etc.?

The situation is very clear now. AL owns 97% and The Trust 3%. The Trust has a voting seat on the board. Trust reps seem happy with what they know of Al so far and having met with him.

Anyhow, best of luck for the season ahead. Hopefully we will renew acquaintances next season or within 21 years hopefully!

I for one am more settled and optimistic than at any time in the last 10 years.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 13:59]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:43 - May 11 with 3524 viewsBartRowou

The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:57 - May 11 by biffoboffo

Christ...

Not long since heard Corney was the best thing ever? Are you just making this up? Do you recall the circumstances under which Corney came to be the owner and how long ago that was and how it wasn’t just him then and how the financial crisis happened and how the council fecked us over etc etc.?

The situation is very clear now. AL owns 97% and The Trust 3%. The Trust has a voting seat on the board. Trust reps seem happy with what they know of Al so far and having met with him.

Anyhow, best of luck for the season ahead. Hopefully we will renew acquaintances next season or within 21 years hopefully!

I for one am more settled and optimistic than at any time in the last 10 years.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 13:59]

How can you call any Rochdale fan smug? When Latics beat us 3-1, you were straight on here that night with your ellipsis-fuelled snide remarks about Hill.

Your optimism has been misplaced in the past: you were wrong about Queensy Menig; you were wrong that your transfer dealings in the January window were "brilliant"; you were wrong that we'd both stay up; and you were wrong that Latics would get AT LEAST 60 points this year under Sheridan (your capitals).

I'm not convinced by your chairman who has brought in players based on his own scouting network, players who have been partly responsible for your relegation. His M.O. reminds me of Bury's chairman.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 20:32 - May 11 with 3452 viewsMASSIVEclub

Abdallah has undoubtedly made mistakes in his short tenure - the main one being dividing the dressing room with his various signings from overseas who are all rumoured to be on very high wages (4-6k a week) for a poor League One (Two😅) team’s bench. I think he will learn from this after our relegation and give the manager more control over recruitment.

For the first time heading into a new season I feel we have an owner with a genuine desire to progress the club by investing rather than picking away at every last asset like a vulture on a carcass. I’m honestly shocked that Corney never gets the same bad press as the Oyston’s, Oldham Athletic is just a name with no land or ground.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:29 - May 11 with 3317 viewsR17ALE

Your second paragraph is spot on. Your first is wide of the mark.

We're not smug, we're realists. We begrudgingly accepted 40 odd years in the bottom tier as diligence for always selling anything we could (usually at knock down prices*). It was our punishment in return for having a club.

As a result, we rail against the shit or bust approach of other clubs.

I know Oldham haven't applied that approach, and I suspect your owners haven't had the true interests of your club at heart, but your club's finances are in a right state and it's not the fault of the fans as you allude to. Nor do we revel in the mess.

* Peter Ward £35,000 for example.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:31 - Jun 5 with 2822 viewsBartRowou

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athle

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 2810 viewsDaleiLama

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:31 - Jun 5 by BartRowou

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athle

"Payments for tickets sold for away matches last season have not been paid to a number of clubs including local rivals Bury and Rochdale".

If we aren't going to be paid for derby games, maybe they aren't going to be such a big loss next season?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:07 - Jun 5 with 2742 viewsrochdaleriddler

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:36 - Jun 5 by DaleiLama

"Payments for tickets sold for away matches last season have not been paid to a number of clubs including local rivals Bury and Rochdale".

If we aren't going to be paid for derby games, maybe they aren't going to be such a big loss next season?

How are they even allowed to start the season? Jesus, what a shambles

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:11 - Jun 5 with 2727 viewsisitme

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:07 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

How are they even allowed to start the season? Jesus, what a shambles

Unless I imagined it when Oldham did this previously (not paying for tickets) the Football League paid us directly what was owed out of their share of TV Money. I suspect the same will happen again.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:23 - Jun 5 with 2678 viewsShun

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:31 - Jun 5 by BartRowou

Jesus! What an absolute disaster of a club.

I love the part about agents not letting their players sign for Oldham as they have no faith in them ever being paid.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:46 - Jun 5 with 2620 views100notout

They make Oldham look like a well run club!!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:51 - Jun 5 with 2604 viewsBartRowou

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:46 - Jun 5 by 100notout

They make Oldham look like a well run club!!!!!!!!

It's easy to get the two mixed up.

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:04 - Jun 5 with 2556 viewsSuddenLad

The usual Biffo Brigade will be along shortly to tell us that all is well in LaLa Land. Over £11k a week for rank players....... Jeeeeesus.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024