Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board 23:43 - Oct 23 with 18769 viewsHopwoodblue

Given we have four home games on the bounce coming up, failure to win any and a defeat in cup to Gateshead even in a replay may make the board feel they need to take action.
On the one hand we have a decent squad that is under performing for what ever reason and there could be many including Keith.
But on the other hand we all have to be careful what we wish for.
It could be a tricky few weeks for Keith and his staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:49]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 23:49 - Oct 23 with 7322 viewsJimmyRustler

Something has to change in the upcoming home games. The question is, what's the most likely scenario here?

1) We magically learn how to defend set pieces overnight despite being absolutely pants at them for well over a year.

2) Hill sticks with virtually the same team, tactics and formation (our best XI and everyone playing in their rightful position would be a start) and the continuity means that we get back to playing proper stuff and simply outscore the opposition.

3) A defensive coach gets brought in/something drastic is done to address the basic errors that we see week in week out.

4) A managerial change.

For me, 2 is probably the most likely scenario and even that seems pretty distant at the moment. It's also worth pointing out that this doesn't address any of the issues we currently has and will simply act as a stop gap which masks the deficiencies/failings of both our players and coaching staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:51]
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 00:07 - Oct 24 with 7251 viewsD_Alien

There's absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager

The one thing that would bring that into focus is KH himself indicating that he was looking for a fresh start somewhere else, which is something altogether different and not as implausible as the first scenario

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 00:11 - Oct 24 with 7234 viewsJames1980

Is KH like ivy growing round an old building, pull him out and there is great risk the 'building' collapses? Would we lose a number of players we have been developing, especially if KH was given a contract with a club with spending power to poach them.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 07:52 - Oct 24 with 6996 viewsblackdogblue

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 23:49 - Oct 23 by JimmyRustler

Something has to change in the upcoming home games. The question is, what's the most likely scenario here?

1) We magically learn how to defend set pieces overnight despite being absolutely pants at them for well over a year.

2) Hill sticks with virtually the same team, tactics and formation (our best XI and everyone playing in their rightful position would be a start) and the continuity means that we get back to playing proper stuff and simply outscore the opposition.

3) A defensive coach gets brought in/something drastic is done to address the basic errors that we see week in week out.

4) A managerial change.

For me, 2 is probably the most likely scenario and even that seems pretty distant at the moment. It's also worth pointing out that this doesn't address any of the issues we currently has and will simply act as a stop gap which masks the deficiencies/failings of both our players and coaching staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:51]

Like I have just said on the Wycombe game post..

What on earth is this chatter about a defensive coach? We could employ a local tradesman to build a brick wall in the 6 yard line and it wouldn’t stop us shipping goals. Whilst I think on, Hexit aside, remind me what we pay Chris Beech for here?, what is his actual job apart from being Burt to Ernie the bald man. Christ it’s the muppet show...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:12 - Oct 24 with 6822 viewsSuddenLad

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 07:52 - Oct 24 by blackdogblue

Like I have just said on the Wycombe game post..

What on earth is this chatter about a defensive coach? We could employ a local tradesman to build a brick wall in the 6 yard line and it wouldn’t stop us shipping goals. Whilst I think on, Hexit aside, remind me what we pay Chris Beech for here?, what is his actual job apart from being Burt to Ernie the bald man. Christ it’s the muppet show...

It becomes The Muppet Show only when people post tripe like that.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:21 - Oct 24 with 6795 viewsParkinsGimp

They cant afford to get rid of him...too long a contract, plus this board dont have the balls to do anything. They amble along in a bubble or something.
They have given full rein to a megalomanic manager who is losing any endearing features on a weekly basis with his team selection, verbal attacks on fans, transfer policy, same mistakes every week , not admitting he is ever wrong.
I honestly cant see us losing next four or the cup , but I do remember KJH was happy to say he planned the finish last season....really? A very jammy goal in last match to save us by the skin of our teeth, I think as fans we deserve more.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:35 - Oct 24 with 6757 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:21 - Oct 24 by ParkinsGimp

They cant afford to get rid of him...too long a contract, plus this board dont have the balls to do anything. They amble along in a bubble or something.
They have given full rein to a megalomanic manager who is losing any endearing features on a weekly basis with his team selection, verbal attacks on fans, transfer policy, same mistakes every week , not admitting he is ever wrong.
I honestly cant see us losing next four or the cup , but I do remember KJH was happy to say he planned the finish last season....really? A very jammy goal in last match to save us by the skin of our teeth, I think as fans we deserve more.

I was watching that "jammy goal" again the other day when I posted the youtube clip on the JT thread. Calvin (you have ranked as a Sunday league player?!?!?) was pushed out of the way for the first header but nodded the second down superbly to JT and he took the chance brilliantly.

Here's a reminder for you.

I love it when we're "jammy"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 6702 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 00:11 - Oct 24 by James1980

Is KH like ivy growing round an old building, pull him out and there is great risk the 'building' collapses? Would we lose a number of players we have been developing, especially if KH was given a contract with a club with spending power to poach them.

When you remove the ivy the building looks pristine underneath.

!just needs a bit of lime mortar pointing!
Login to get fewer ads

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:22 - Oct 24 with 6671 viewsdingdangblue

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:21 - Oct 24 by ParkinsGimp

The last 16 game form kept us up - not the last bleeding game! 6 wins,7 draws,3 defeats including away wins at Peterborough and Rotherham and a home win v top of the table Shrewsbury.

#lucky

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:24 - Oct 24 with 6662 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:05 - Oct 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

When you remove the ivy the building looks pristine underneath.

!just needs a bit of lime mortar pointing!

A poor analogy then, I should have made the point without it.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:26 - Oct 24 with 6657 views442Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:22 - Oct 24 by dingdangblue

The last 16 game form kept us up - not the last bleeding game! 6 wins,7 draws,3 defeats including away wins at Peterborough and Rotherham and a home win v top of the table Shrewsbury.

#lucky

Exactly. We stayed up because we deserved to.

We stayed up because the manager and his team developed a plan that was consistent, one that the players clearly trusted and everyone appeared fully aware of where they fit into it. There’s a lesson in there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 6651 viewsParkinsGimp

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:22 - Oct 24 by dingdangblue

#lucky

Yes very lucky indeed DDBollox. last 16 games ...erm have a look so planned to be on last game?????
I despair with fans like you and this other numpty James..... Blind faith isnt always good.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:37 - Oct 24 with 6621 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:26 - Oct 24 by 442Dale

We stayed up because the manager and his team developed a plan that was consistent, one that the players clearly trusted and everyone appeared fully aware of where they fit into it. There’s a lesson in there.

I really enjoyed the back end of last season and our ultimate survival......but it was so so close!

Really prefer that we do not do likewise this season.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 6599 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:27 - Oct 24 by ParkinsGimp

Yes very lucky indeed DDBollox. last 16 games ...erm have a look so planned to be on last game?????
I despair with fans like you and this other numpty James..... Blind faith isnt always good.

There were only 16 games left, hence it being a 16 game season. Oh and resorting personal insults, you have lost the argument, I wasn't even having with you.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:46 - Oct 24 with 6589 viewsTVOS1907

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:44 - Oct 24 by James1980

There were only 16 games left, hence it being a 16 game season. Oh and resorting personal insults, you have lost the argument, I wasn't even having with you.

Did you catch your train easily enough last night, James?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:55 - Oct 24 with 6556 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:46 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

Did you catch your train easily enough last night, James?

Yes thank you all good until I got to Victoria. When I got on the wrong train Luckily I heard the conductor, sorry On Board Supervisor made an announcement, so I got off before it left. Ended up getting home about 2am. How was the drive back?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 6546 viewsTVOS1907

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:55 - Oct 24 by James1980

Yes thank you all good until I got to Victoria. When I got on the wrong train Luckily I heard the conductor, sorry On Board Supervisor made an announcement, so I got off before it left. Ended up getting home about 2am. How was the drive back?

Long!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:06 - Oct 24 with 6515 viewschalky_ncfc

Sometimes it's better to have the devil that you know,Rochdale are a small club in the grand scale of things with far,far bigger and more fashionable clubs surrounding them but have spent the past few seasons in league one and it's probably down to KH,giving him the boot won't guarantee that you will get somebody better in to replace him,nobody wants taking a club into relegation on their cv so I doubt that Pep and the like would be putting their applications in for the position so he careful what you wish for
Should you get relegated this season though we would both be in league two on the tenth anniversary of the season that can't be mentioned and everything would have come full circle and we can all be friends again

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:13 - Oct 24 with 6499 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:58 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

Long!

A poor result isn't good for the perception of the passage of time on the journey home after a game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:14]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:34 - Oct 24 with 6442 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:13 - Oct 24 by James1980

A poor result isn't good for the perception of the passage of time on the journey home after a game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 12:14]

Bloody hell James, that needs submitting as an addendum to Einstein's Theory of Relativity!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:45 - Oct 24 with 6407 viewsSandyman

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:26 - Oct 24 by 442Dale

So, there wasn't any planning to avoid being bottom of the league last season, but there was a "plan" to put that right? Is our awful home form and abysmal defensive record this season a result of no planning again? Or very poor planning? Or a planner that isn't planning?
Lessons clearly have not been learned when they really should have.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:54 - Oct 24 with 6372 viewssoulboy

You cant even give Joe Ts goal any kind of credit. How was it jammy? Please try and answer that, but i wont hold my breath as you can never come up with name to replace KH. Its the easiest thing in the world to spout crap on here like you do on a regular basis without being able to back it up.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 13:00]
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 6357 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 00:07 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

There's absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager

The one thing that would bring that into focus is KH himself indicating that he was looking for a fresh start somewhere else, which is something altogether different and not as implausible as the first scenario

Why is there " absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager "?

Poll: What is it to be then?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:31 - Oct 24 with 6257 viewsJames1980

The majority as in 99.999% of us on here don't know what happens behind the scenes especially coaching sessions and pre match, half time and post match team talks. Chats with the board after games and so on.
Could it be that KH is actually right when it is individual errors that is causing the current issues? Things that are being done well on the training pitch are not being transferred to match day scenarios?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:33 - Oct 24 with 6253 viewspioneer

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 12:59 - Oct 24 by judd

Why is there " absolutely zero chance of the board even considering a change of manager "?

length of contract that would need paying off (and realisation that no other club looking for manager expresses any interest in him). So for the forseeable future he is staying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024