Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard a rumour 09:39 - Mar 4 with 33085 viewsdeeplishblue

That Hilly's been sacked......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Just heard a rumour on 15:51 - Mar 4 with 2808 viewsmingthemerciless

They say every political career ends in failure. Well you can also say that about football managers, the number of exceptions to that rule you could counrt on the fingers of one hand.
Just heard a rumour on 15:57 - Mar 4 with 2761 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 15:51 - Mar 4 by mingthemerciless

They say every political career ends in failure. Well you can also say that about football managers, the number of exceptions to that rule you could counrt on the fingers of one hand.

And both footy managers and MP’s usually trouser a fair bit of cash along the way

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 16:05 - Mar 4 with 2699 viewsaleanddale

Just heard a rumour on 13:42 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

“You usually see an upturn in results when you get a new face in”

Do you? For every manchester united there is a fulham or an ipswich. It can go either way, I don’t see things improving this season..

I don't either.

Who knows what's gone on nut there could have been some mutual consent going on. Maybe ( just maybe ) Hilly has had enough.

If not and he wanted to stay then the timing makes no sense to me.....

Unless.... and lads prove me wrong please.... we see a remarkable upturn of form starting on Saturday v Shrews.
Just heard a rumour on 16:33 - Mar 4 with 2560 viewsJames1980

Just heard a rumour on 16:05 - Mar 4 by aleanddale

I don't either.

Who knows what's gone on nut there could have been some mutual consent going on. Maybe ( just maybe ) Hilly has had enough.

If not and he wanted to stay then the timing makes no sense to me.....

Unless.... and lads prove me wrong please.... we see a remarkable upturn of form starting on Saturday v Shrews.

Wouldn't the statement include the term mutual consent though?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Just heard a rumour on 16:34 - Mar 4 with 2560 viewsSandyDrum

Just heard a rumour on 16:33 - Mar 4 by James1980

Wouldn't the statement include the term mutual consent though?

This is coming from a football club that hasn't disclosed a transfer fee for about 743 years.

Nothing is ever transparent.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Just heard a rumour on 16:40 - Mar 4 with 2528 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If only he would have found somebody to play off Calvin.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Just heard a rumour on 16:46 - Mar 4 with 2484 viewsJames1980

Just heard a rumour on 16:34 - Mar 4 by SandyDrum

This is coming from a football club that hasn't disclosed a transfer fee for about 743 years.

Sadly that is very true. Hopefully any further statement will shed more light on exactly what transpired between Saturday evening and this morning

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Just heard a rumour on 16:52 - Mar 4 with 2455 viewsMoonyDale

Just heard a rumour on 16:46 - Mar 4 by James1980

Sadly that is very true. Hopefully any further statement will shed more light on exactly what transpired between Saturday evening and this morning

Well the next Dave's diary should be a fookin doozy......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Just heard a rumour on 16:56 - Mar 4 with 2410 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Just heard a rumour on 16:52 - Mar 4 by MoonyDale

Well the next Dave's diary should be a fookin doozy......

Its been as busy week ………….

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Just heard a rumour on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2394 viewsEllDale

I notice that the statement was signed by the chairman and not the CEO.
Just heard a rumour on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2392 views49thseason

Just heard a rumour on 16:40 - Mar 4 by BigDaveMyCock

Ha Ha Ha, Mystic Meg couldn't play off Calvin, he doesn't head the ball, it just hits him and bounces off in completely arbitrary directions. I would guess that Calvin is one of a number of players who are wondering what the future holds without KH at the helm.
Just heard a rumour on 16:59 - Mar 4 with 2372 viewsjudd

Just heard a rumour on 16:58 - Mar 4 by EllDale

I notice that the statement was signed by the chairman and not the CEO.

There would have been absolute uproar.

The Chairman is the head honcho at this club. End of.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just heard a rumour on 17:01 - Mar 4 with 2349 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 16:34 - Mar 4 by SandyDrum

Neither have any club in football, I already proved this fact when we sold rafferty..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 19:12 - Mar 4 with 2133 viewsleicesterdale

Just heard a rumour on 10:21 - Mar 4 by Brierls

Gutted to be honest.

Under Keith Hill, Dale have given me my best moments of my Dale supporting life.

I know its not the result at Luton that has triggered this, but the timing of it is somewhat strange given there could have been no realistic expectation of us picking up points away at the league leaders. No comment from the club also makes it a shambles.

I think its a mistake. I can also understand the view of many who wanted Hilly out and that past glories afforded him more time than most would get given the results and performances. Call me a happy clapper or whatever but I do think we have over achieved to be promoted to and remain in League One for this long. It's not a surprise that we haven't managed to sustain it this season.

Realistically, the new man will be planning for League Two and being at the right end of the table next season. There's a manager now out of work who has a great record at League Two level.

I'm more worried about the club now than I ever have been.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 10:30]

I'm gutted too.

There isn't a manager out there who could possibly match Keith Hill.

He's been an absolute magician at our club, and a poor couple of seasons were always a possibility when we were competing with better funded teams.

The only consolation I can find is the knowledge that Keith will find a better club who deserves his talents. I fear we will forever be lamenting the idiotic sacking of the club's best ever manager.

Good luck Keith!
Just heard a rumour on 20:48 - Mar 4 with 1939 viewsNigeriamark

Just heard a rumour on 13:42 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

“You usually see an upturn in results when you get a new face in”

Do you? For every manchester united there is a fulham or an ipswich. It can go either way, I don’t see things improving this season..

I think some research was done on the “new manager bounce” as well as the “never change a winning team” beliefs

From my recollection you are correct in that there is no more chance of doing better with a new manager than doing worse. It’s just that the ones who do better get reported more & it appears that it happens more often than the reality

BTW I think the research into never changing a winning team actually showed that always keeping the same team does marginally worse than changing 1 player. However making multiple changes regularly certainly doesn’t work
Just heard a rumour on 20:53 - Mar 4 with 1901 viewsnordenblue

Just heard a rumour on 16:40 - Mar 4 by BigDaveMyCock

Pay or play?
Just heard a rumour on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 1625 viewsrochdaleriddler

APologies if already covered, but does anyone know how Hill was sacked and by whom and when. I’m assuming decency would dictate it was by the chairman in person, before Monday

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 10:01 - Mar 5 with 1568 viewsNinco

Just heard a rumour on 09:38 - Mar 5 by rochdaleriddler

APologies if already covered, but does anyone know how Hill was sacked and by whom and when. I’m assuming decency would dictate it was by the chairman in person, before Monday

I doubt they would have just called him in yesterday and said we are sacking you. Usually, they would call him in a few games before, tell him we aren't happy with how things are going and issue an ultimatum saying get X number of points from the next X number of games or we will have to end your contract.
Just heard a rumour on 10:06 - Mar 5 with 1536 viewsSuddenLad

I would think it's more likely that he was told on Sunday, either by phone or in person at a neutral venue. The news would be released Monday, after KH (and CB) had the opportunity to contact those closest to him in advance of the Club Statement.

That said, anything's possible after the way James Mason and Chris Dunphy were treated.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just heard a rumour on 11:09 - Mar 5 with 1459 viewsKenBoon

I am shocked he's actually been sacked. I don't so much have an issue with or league position, it's the manor of the teams Hill was putting out, the over-complicated tactics, and wacky selections. It all became a little hapless and the performances on the pitch reflected it. If we have a proper replacement in by Saturday then my head says it's probably the right decision. If BBM is taking over, even in the short-term, then it's bad. Even if you take the "dreaded vote of confidence" from last Friday's weekly waffle, to fire him three days after - with a narrow defeat away to top of the league between - is disgusting. Whatever is going on behind the scenes, right now it isn't to the benefit of the Football Club (on the pitch).
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 11:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024