Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson to.... 11:56 - Jan 31 with 22493 viewsIOMDale

Wolves. That's what Pete O'Rourke is reporting. He'll be loaned back to us as part of the deal.

Given Norwich have just signed a young right-back from Coventry which could total £3 million, we should be looking at similar for a player who's been lauded in the Nationals.

UTDNFS

Matheson to.... on 13:24 - Jan 31 with 3413 viewsPotterDale

Matheson to.... on 12:51 - Jan 31 by boromat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51326039

The worrying part of that opening sentence is worth up to £1M. The Bywater deal was WORTH £2.5M, but how much of that did was actually realised?
Matheson to.... on 13:29 - Jan 31 with 3340 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson to.... on 13:10 - Jan 31 by Shun

I’m hoping that between Matheson and Ronan we start to develop a relationship with Wolves and they see us as a club where youth can flourish, and respond by sending us a few of their prospects on loan.

One of Wolves best prospects Niall Ennis is currently on loan at Doncaster scoring goals. We'll see him a week on Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson to.... on 13:31 - Jan 31 with 3321 viewsToffeemanc

Matheson to.... on 12:38 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

A £1m fee would be a disgrace. There's clearly several clubs interested. If there is a release clause in his contract then whoever put in such a low one shouldn't be in the job.

Absolutely spot on.

If it is only £1m then Dozy Bollocks needs firing as in his own words the £500k from the Manure games only keeps the club running for 2 months, therefore this £1m will just keep us afloat until the end of this season. Pathetic business if true.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Matheson to.... on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 3304 viewstruenorth

Deal done. According to the moose on talk sport. TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Matheson to.... on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 3253 viewsdingdangblue

Wolves forum

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/luke-matheson.216140/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Matheson to.... on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 3252 viewsfitzochris

Firstly, Matheson does NOT have a release clause in his contract.

Secondly, the figure, so far, is speculation.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matheson to.... on 13:37 - Jan 31 with 3243 viewsJames1980

Well done to the lad who knows he could be playing in Europe next season.

Some questions: Did any other club try to tempt him away before he signed his senior contract with us?

Were Wolves the only bidder in this window?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 13:44]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Matheson to.... on 13:38 - Jan 31 with 3221 viewsDaleFan7

Hope it goes better for him than it has for Ronan.
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson to.... on 13:47 - Jan 31 with 3111 viewsCedar_Room

its a 17 year old lad from our own academy signing with a Prem team sitting 7th.
I can't think of anything that compares with this and yet somehow the £1 million figure does seem a little disappointing, just because of how the game is these days and the crazy money being spent.
IF its £1 million up front with the usual add ons, cuts of future sales, its not exactly a terrible piece of business - and it might show off to other aspiring youngsters out there that Rochdale is a decent stepping stone to top Premier League teams.
All in all - you've got to feel happy for the lad.
Matheson to.... on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 2976 viewstodmordendale

BBC reporting it’s £1 million and loaned back til end of the season.
Best wishes to you Luke.
Matheson to.... on 14:07 - Jan 31 with 2874 viewsscooby

Matheson to.... on 13:31 - Jan 31 by Toffeemanc

Absolutely spot on.

If it is only £1m then Dozy Bollocks needs firing as in his own words the £500k from the Manure games only keeps the club running for 2 months, therefore this £1m will just keep us afloat until the end of this season. Pathetic business if true.

dont get this mindset from some people... had he gone pre contract, we'd have got no more than £250-300k + sell on. So someone in the offered a contract. IF there is a clause the conversation would have gone like this:

Dale - Heres a contract, £3m release clause
Luke - i could go now or end of the season for a much bigger wage to a much bigger club, why should i not? you are not going to hold me back
Dale - Errr, yeah you're right
Luke - I'll settle for £1m release as that will look after my agent (since he is the one having this conversation)
Dale - Er ok.

And to be honest, the ability to put in loads of add on's and make sure we can get more than £250k before fees was actually probably good risk mitigation by the club

However, if no clause, we're soft and stupid. However, his agent is a cock and had his head turned a long time back so he was never going to be round long
Matheson to.... on 14:09 - Jan 31 with 2851 viewsDaleFan7

If the £1m figure is correct, it's an extremely poor bit of business given the money that is around even in League One at the moment. He's touted as the best player to come from our academy, he's under a lengthy contract, he's only 17, has a goal and an assist against Premier League opposition this season.

If we can't get more for Luke then who are we going to get more than that for? If this was a team like Peterborough etc, he'd be going for no less than £5m. We know people are after him, that isn't going to go away in the summer. If it's a case of we need to sell right now then I'd be extremely worried going forward as there's no one else close to what Luke is worth coming through at the moment.
Matheson to.... on 14:12 - Jan 31 with 2816 viewssweetcorn

Matheson to.... on 12:38 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

A £1m fee would be a disgrace. There's clearly several clubs interested. If there is a release clause in his contract then whoever put in such a low one shouldn't be in the job.

Give over, 1 million release clause for a RB is more than reasonable at the time. In hindsight maybe not, but he'd barely been a regular when he signed the deal.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Matheson to.... on 14:13 - Jan 31 with 2795 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson to.... on 13:38 - Jan 31 by DaleFan7

Hope it goes better for him than it has for Ronan.

Sadly there aren't many young Academy prospects or youngsters snapped up from other Academies getting a chance anymore in the Premier League. Certainly at Wolves they seem to have abandoned giving youth any chance with their team packed full of International foreigners - let's face it they are doing amazingly well and playing some incredible football at times. Luke is going to have to develop into some player to even get a chance.

Matheson to.... on 14:15 - Jan 31 with 2782 viewsrochdaleriddler

Matheson to.... on 13:13 - Jan 31 by nordenblue

I hope it includes a forward under the age of 40 that can break into a sprint too... that would be a start

You dreamer you

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Matheson to.... on 14:27 - Jan 31 with 2657 viewsmikehunt

Well, all I can say is Dale shouldn’t go whingeing about having no money if this is true and we couldn’t maximise on our greatest asset. A million quid to a Prem team is pocket money. Shafted again.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Matheson to.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 with 2519 viewsCreepy

Matheson to.... on 14:07 - Jan 31 by scooby

dont get this mindset from some people... had he gone pre contract, we'd have got no more than £250-300k + sell on. So someone in the offered a contract. IF there is a clause the conversation would have gone like this:

Dale - Heres a contract, £3m release clause
Luke - i could go now or end of the season for a much bigger wage to a much bigger club, why should i not? you are not going to hold me back
Dale - Errr, yeah you're right
Luke - I'll settle for £1m release as that will look after my agent (since he is the one having this conversation)
Dale - Er ok.

And to be honest, the ability to put in loads of add on's and make sure we can get more than £250k before fees was actually probably good risk mitigation by the club

However, if no clause, we're soft and stupid. However, his agent is a cock and had his head turned a long time back so he was never going to be round long

This.

Even though there may not be release clause, there may have been a gentleman's agreement when the contract was signed. All speculation of course and we'll probably never find out the what, who, how and why.
Matheson to.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 with 2514 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson to.... on 14:27 - Jan 31 by mikehunt

Well, all I can say is Dale shouldn’t go whingeing about having no money if this is true and we couldn’t maximise on our greatest asset. A million quid to a Prem team is pocket money. Shafted again.

Shafted - exactly!
Wolves could have had him for £500k if they'd held their nerve! Ha ha Suckers. 🤣

Matheson to.... on 14:54 - Jan 31 with 2443 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson to.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 by Creepy

This.

Even though there may not be release clause, there may have been a gentleman's agreement when the contract was signed. All speculation of course and we'll probably never find out the what, who, how and why.

Genuine question as I don't really understand the intricacies of contracts etc.

But why would a player agree to a gentleman's agreement? Why not just command the release clause?

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson to.... on 14:57 - Jan 31 with 2422 viewsShun

I could genuinely negotiate better than our CEO if I turned up late and went into the negotiating room in the Princess Leia from Return of the Jedi outfit. You know the one.

It just makes us look so, so weak.
Matheson to.... on 15:04 - Jan 31 with 2349 viewsCreepy

Matheson to.... on 14:54 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

Genuine question as I don't really understand the intricacies of contracts etc.

But why would a player agree to a gentleman's agreement? Why not just command the release clause?

I suppose a gentleman's agreement protects all sides.

For example, if it was agreed we would let Luke go if a £1 million bid comes in, we get our million and Luke gets the move.

If £1 million was the buyout clause and someone was going to offer £1.5 million, once they knew £1 million would get him, that's all they would offer.

If £500,000 was the buyout, the club would not be getting enough.

If £2 million was the buyout, it might be too much and Luke might get a move.

I genuinely don't have a clue for Luke what represents a good or bad deal, bearing in mind he only signed his first contract in October.
Matheson to.... on 15:18 - Jan 31 with 2234 viewsRippDale

Fans get deluded when it comes to valuations of our players. 1 million for a 17 year old who has played well at times this season but as also looked average in games . There is potential there but he may not develop further both physically and technically? I think it's a great fee if we also put in our usual clauses
Matheson to.... on 15:30 - Jan 31 with 2106 viewsdingdangblue

League 1 Transfer records (Top 100)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3/saison
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 15:47]

Matheson to.... on 15:32 - Jan 31 with 2086 viewsToffeemanc

Matheson to.... on 14:57 - Jan 31 by Shun

I could genuinely negotiate better than our CEO if I turned up late and went into the negotiating room in the Princess Leia from Return of the Jedi outfit. You know the one.

It just makes us look so, so weak.

Thanks Shun ,
I now have a mental image in my mind of DB in the said Leia costume looking a lot more like Jabba than Leia sat in our boardroom negotiating our transfers.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Matheson to.... on 15:34 - Jan 31 with 2067 viewssweetcorn

Might be against the grain, but I think 1 million is decent and will turn out to be very good business. Don't see him making it at Premier league level.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024