Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson to.... 11:56 - Jan 31 with 22488 viewsIOMDale

Wolves. That's what Pete O'Rourke is reporting. He'll be loaned back to us as part of the deal.

Given Norwich have just signed a young right-back from Coventry which could total £3 million, we should be looking at similar for a player who's been lauded in the Nationals.

UTDNFS

Matheson to.... on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 2842 viewskiwidale

Matheson to.... on 20:47 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure, but it was 19 years ago. The world record transfer fee has quadrupled in that time. Had he done that in the current market he would be worth well over £1m.

Im not trying to badger you my point is Townson looked to have as bright a future as Matheson does. Im not sure if we turned down any offers for Townson but if it was today many on here would be saying 3 million, in the end we got nothing for him.

This is not the time for bickering.

Matheson to.... on 21:09 - Jan 31 with 2793 viewsoddjob007

Matheson to.... on 20:53 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

BBC, Sky Sports and other media outlets are reporting it as £1m.

This journalist doesn’t lie.

A million quid for a lad who may not develop. Good deal. Get off the boards back!
Matheson to.... on 21:19 - Jan 31 with 2710 viewsSandyman

RAFC say "undisclosed fee". The BBC reckon " a deal worth £1m". "Worth" can mean cash up front, or possibly a few quid now and **potential** earnings through add-on clauses etc. Who knows if we have been stitched up or not??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51326039
Matheson to.... on 21:20 - Jan 31 with 2705 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson to.... on 21:05 - Jan 31 by kiwidale

Im not trying to badger you my point is Townson looked to have as bright a future as Matheson does. Im not sure if we turned down any offers for Townson but if it was today many on here would be saying 3 million, in the end we got nothing for him.

Of course. Luke could break his leg in his next game and we'd get nothing for him. But if we're going with the line of thinking that 'something is better than nothing' then why would Wolves even bid £1m? Bid £10k and we'll accept it because it's better than nothing!

We can't just accept bids below market-value for our biggest assets on the off-chance that things go wrong for them and then we end up getting nothing for them down the line, that's a terrible way to do business. Again, if we had the next Messi coming through, would we sell him for £1.5m because he might get injured and then we'd get nothing?

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson to.... on 21:22 - Jan 31 with 2687 viewsBlueMessiah

Matheson to.... on 21:09 - Jan 31 by oddjob007

A million quid for a lad who may not develop. Good deal. Get off the boards back!

....and if he does develop and progress then we're quids in. I honestly think this is a decent deal for all parties.

Equally positive is the fact that he has the chance to help keep us up and will no doubt get a great send-off in May .

Poll: Do I Know You?

Matheson to.... on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 2662 viewsoddjob007

Matheson to.... on 21:22 - Jan 31 by BlueMessiah

....and if he does develop and progress then we're quids in. I honestly think this is a decent deal for all parties.

Equally positive is the fact that he has the chance to help keep us up and will no doubt get a great send-off in May .

Exactly.

Comparisons to Townson. Exactly how much did we get for him?
Matheson to.... on 21:24 - Jan 31 with 2647 viewsTVOS1907

Whoever Minay has got that line from has obviously forgotten the likes of Bywater, Holt, Lambert, Le Fondre….

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson to.... on 21:28 - Jan 31 with 2603 viewsfitzochris

I know a fed line when I see one.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Matheson to.... on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 2518 viewsoddjob007

Matheson to.... on 21:28 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Yeah it’s clearly straight from Bottomley, but why would he lie?

A million plus a “myriad” of add ons. That’ll do for me.
Matheson to.... on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 2490 viewsmikehunt

Anyhow, get down to the local Bentley dealership tomorrow and see if you can spot any of our directors.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Matheson to.... on 21:43 - Jan 31 with 2472 viewsfitzochris

Matheson to.... on 21:38 - Jan 31 by oddjob007

Yeah it’s clearly straight from Bottomley, but why would he lie?

A million plus a “myriad” of add ons. That’ll do for me.

I'm not saying he is lying.

Matheson to.... on 00:45 - Feb 1 with 2268 viewsdingdangblue

Some good stuff from Wolves media

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson to.... on 08:13 - Feb 1 with 2059 viewsJames1980

Did we receive any other bids for Luke?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Matheson to.... on 08:40 - Feb 1 with 2007 viewsrochdaleriddler

Matheson to.... on 00:45 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Some good stuff from Wolves media

Their set up is impressive

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Matheson to.... on 09:30 - Feb 1 with 1909 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson to.... on 08:40 - Feb 1 by rochdaleriddler

Their set up is impressive

Their set up is amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal of him coming back included the odd day training with Wolves down there. They really seemed to make a big deal of his arrival and he met the owner too! I suppose even in this day and age it's quite rare to sign a 17 year old for £1 million pounds.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Matheson to.... on 09:42 - Feb 1 with 1884 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Matheson to.... on 21:28 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Given that information of this type has to derive from some person then isn’t all such information fed? The journalist is not observing a natural phenomenon after all and if the contents of the contract are private then you have no option but to rely on such information. True, he hasn’t revealed his source so we can’t speculate as to its veracity but nor do you and I wouldn’t expect you to either.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 9:46]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Matheson to.... on 10:07 - Feb 1 with 1821 views442Dale

It’s Minay, he’s a tool. Thinks he’s something important, anyone seeing him as an outlet to get a message across would be better served using Andi Peters and Edd the Duck.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matheson to.... on 10:22 - Feb 1 with 1765 viewsdingdangblue

The general consensus from the Wolves fans is comments like "great bit of business' 'weve got a bargain' 'whoever brokered the deal needs a big pay rise' - a bit different to the general consensus from this end. Make of that what you will about the overall feeling of who the better off party are.

Matheson to.... on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 1720 viewsJames1980

Matheson to.... on 10:22 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

The general consensus from the Wolves fans is comments like "great bit of business' 'weve got a bargain' 'whoever brokered the deal needs a big pay rise' - a bit different to the general consensus from this end. Make of that what you will about the overall feeling of who the better off party are.

I guess it depends on the add ons and how many, for want of a better word, happen.

Matheson to.... on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 1700 viewsEllDale

Personally I don't think that it's bad business.
The lad was always going to go and we'll have got a handy downpayment.
If the add-ons have been included correctly then we'll either get money when he's made a certain number of first team of first team appearances for Wolves or we'll get a slice of any later transfer.
If he moves from Wolves to another Premiership team or to a side in the championship when the fee will be way more than £1m so we'll see a slice of that.
And we get him back till May.
Matheson to.... on 10:46 - Feb 1 with 1680 viewsJames1980

Also isn't it highly likely Wolves will be paying his wage during the loan back period, freeing up a bit of cash.

Matheson to.... on 10:50 - Feb 1 with 1663 viewsfitzochris

Matheson to.... on 09:42 - Feb 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Given that information of this type has to derive from some person then isn’t all such information fed? The journalist is not observing a natural phenomenon after all and if the contents of the contract are private then you have no option but to rely on such information. True, he hasn’t revealed his source so we can’t speculate as to its veracity but nor do you and I wouldn’t expect you to either.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 9:46]

There’s a way to present the information you’re given, though. Minay’s info would have been best presented as a direct quote from source as no journalist with self respect would write like that. If all we did as journalists was pass information from the horse’s mouth verbatim, there’d be no need for us. Maybe there isn’t anymore. Nobody seems to scrutinise anything.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 10:53]

Matheson to.... on 10:54 - Feb 1 with 1642 viewsdingdangblue

Even more comments on here now.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/luke-matheson.216140/

Some really good stuff, one mentions the delay with the deal was down to Wolves wanting Luke now but we wanted him loaned back to complete the season. Another thinks he will be fast tracked into the main squad. I think he will definitely do pre season with the main squad because Nuno will want a close look at him. Also his development will be far ahead of the U23's already with his League/Cup experiences at Dale. It will be exciting to monitor his progress from now on.

Matheson to.... on 10:58 - Feb 1 with 1628 viewsD_Alien

Think it's already been mentioned, but i wonder about his availability next season too

He has another year to go with his A-levels, and relocating to a different academy could be disruptive; this will bound to have been part of the discussions with Wolves. It'll be interesting to see if Luke can shed any light on this via his social media

If he's to continue at his current academy, it raises the possibility of a further loan period, though not necessarily with us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson to.... on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 1561 views49thseason

Matheson to.... on 10:58 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

Think it's already been mentioned, but i wonder about his availability next season too

He has another year to go with his A-levels, and relocating to a different academy could be disruptive; this will bound to have been part of the discussions with Wolves. It'll be interesting to see if Luke can shed any light on this via his social media

If he's to continue at his current academy, it raises the possibility of a further loan period, though not necessarily with us

The Wolves fans reckon he has only signed for 2.5 years so basically 2 years after the loan back to us. I would think they will want to push him on as quickly as possible and then decide if they want to extend his contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024