Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morton House Pull Out 11:04 - Aug 21 with 21441 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/eflstatement_21.08.21/
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 11:04]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Morton House Pull Out on 09:49 - Aug 22 with 1976 viewsmikehunt

D'you know, that crossed my mind about CD.
I thought that, perhaps, he sold his shares in a fit of pique to annoy Bottomley, thinking that the Yanks might oust him. Either way it left a bad taste and a little niggle as to what was going on behind the scenes,
Also, during the AGM, Dan Yank made some positive noises but was still looking for overall control of our club. In light of all that has transpired, we could still, quite easily, have been left in the lurch. Look how quickly the Yanks "divested" themselves of shares once the price was right. Rochdale supporters eh? Pffft!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Morton House Pull Out on 10:04 - Aug 22 with 1890 viewswozzrafc

Morton House Pull Out on 22:32 - Aug 21 by newbybutnoyjohn

We cannot underestimate AKs role in this.
We owe the man an large amount of gratitude for NOT selling
his shares and protecting his (and now 🤞 The Clubs) legacy.
Thank you Andrew

I think we have a lot to thank Col and the trust for in this respect. Kelly was talking to Curran, ill advised maybe thinking it maybe the best thing for club. How close he came to buckling under the pressure from Curran we never know but the open letter posted on here to Andrew Kelly I’m sure had a major impact on Kelly weighing up his options.

Then as chair of the trust he was able to get a deal with Kelly (who must have been relieved to have that pressure taken away) to secure the shares in the name of the trust . Then going on to get other shareholders to push through 50%.

Kelly not selling was a pivotal moment. Curran had shown his hand thinking he had 50% in the bag, it alerted the EFL and gave the game away.

We will be forever eternally grateful to Kelly as the shareholder who did the right thing but Col and the trust put the case forward that helped him not make a mistake.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 10:12]
Morton House Pull Out on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 1793 viewsjudd

Morton House Pull Out on 10:04 - Aug 22 by wozzrafc

I think we have a lot to thank Col and the trust for in this respect. Kelly was talking to Curran, ill advised maybe thinking it maybe the best thing for club. How close he came to buckling under the pressure from Curran we never know but the open letter posted on here to Andrew Kelly I’m sure had a major impact on Kelly weighing up his options.

Then as chair of the trust he was able to get a deal with Kelly (who must have been relieved to have that pressure taken away) to secure the shares in the name of the trust . Then going on to get other shareholders to push through 50%.

Kelly not selling was a pivotal moment. Curran had shown his hand thinking he had 50% in the bag, it alerted the EFL and gave the game away.

We will be forever eternally grateful to Kelly as the shareholder who did the right thing but Col and the trust put the case forward that helped him not make a mistake.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 10:12]

You also need to give credit to the executors of Cloughies estate,

Poll: What is it to be then?

Morton House Pull Out on 11:10 - Aug 22 with 1700 viewswozzrafc

Morton House Pull Out on 10:27 - Aug 22 by judd

You also need to give credit to the executors of Cloughies estate,

Spot on judd!!!
Morton House Pull Out on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 1629 viewsmikehunt

Indeed, Judd. Cloughie’s legacy and estate needs a prominent inclusion when the final story is told.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Morton House Pull Out on 16:25 - Aug 22 with 1352 viewsstayalert

Genuinely happy for you guys! Well done - looks like you’ve played a blinder.

All the best for the future from STFC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024