Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester 08:40 - Aug 27 with 13681 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Colchester 27th Aug 2021 08:35
There will be a party atmosphere at Spotland on Friday night as Rochdale AFC celebrate 100 years in the Football League with a home fixture vs Colchester. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:57 - Aug 27 with 3046 viewsrochdalefan9

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:55 - Aug 27 by big_dav3RAFC

Radio Manchester

I went on Radio Manchester but nothing there
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:57 - Aug 27 with 3044 viewsbig_dav3RAFC

Ifollow
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 3034 viewsrochdalefan9

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:57 - Aug 27 by big_dav3RAFC

Ifollow

Paid for it on I follow. They said they were having technical difficulties then cut me off
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 3032 viewsDenbighshireDale

FM 95.10. I made the same error!
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:02 - Aug 27 with 2986 viewsmightydale

What the fcuk have they done ro the studds bar

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:04 - Aug 27 with 2962 viewsDenbighshireDale

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:07 - Aug 27 with 2925 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:04 - Aug 27 by DenbighshireDale

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1-1. Great move down the right & Newby cuts it back for Keohane to slot home. It's been all Dale this half with Colchester defending the lead and hoping to catch us on the break

All to play for
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 21:20]
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:09 - Aug 27 with 2883 viewsrochdalefan9

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:58 - Aug 27 by DenbighshireDale

FM 95.10. I made the same error!

Thank you. Is there a link because all I get is the current programme is not available.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:26 - Aug 27 with 2732 viewsDenbighshireDale

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:09 - Aug 27 by rochdalefan9

Thank you. Is there a link because all I get is the current programme is not available.

I can't do the link. I don't know where you are but maybe you are out of range. Here in North Wales I'm right on the edge so the signal is never great anyway.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:28 - Aug 27 with 2709 viewsrichfoad32

Terrible dive from O'Keefe, embarrassing....
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:30 - Aug 27 with 2664 viewsbatfink

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:28 - Aug 27 by richfoad32

Sorry but that was a nailed on penalty, ref got it wrong
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:31 - Aug 27 with 2663 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:28 - Aug 27 by richfoad32

Even more embarrassing is the commentary team who think he might have been fouled. Would have been a great chance if he hadn't dived for the pen.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:41 - Aug 27 with 2540 viewsSandyDrum

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:30 - Aug 27 by batfink

Sorry but that was a nailed on penalty, ref got it wrong

From 20 yards away I will tell you that it was absolutely not a penalty and an absolutely ludicrous dive when we were almost clean through on goal. Totally embarrassing.

Also, Morley MOTM after those free kicks, I suggest the sponsors have a word.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 23:58]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:42 - Aug 27 with 2533 viewsRotherhamDale

He stepped across the full back trying to get the pen. I dont know why he didn't shoot or square it!

2 points dropped

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:42 - Aug 27 with 2524 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:31 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

Even more embarrassing is the commentary team who think he might have been fouled. Would have been a great chance if he hadn't dived for the pen.

Finished 1-1. Lot's of positive attacking play & domination by Dale yet no end product. Apart from the goal I think only 1 other decent effort. Almost lost it in injury time but a brilliant save from our keeper. 2 points lost but much more pleasing to watch than last season
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 2444 viewsfrenzied

My first time seeing Dale this season..some very good inter play...need a strong cutting edge up front ..some good balls into dangerous areas but no one taking a chance..some of the free kicks were awful..thought Dooley played well..along with Okeefe..most of the team seem very relaxed on the ball...at least its not going from side to side across the back four like last season
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 21:54 - Aug 27 with 2379 viewsDaleFan7

Didn't think it was a pen. 2 points dropped really, they didn't pose much of a threat. Was particularly disappointed with Coleman, for his size he had no presence in the box whatsoever. Glued to his line everytime the ball came across our box.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:02 - Aug 27 with 2292 viewsShun

Two frustrating games in a row. We should’ve won that tonight and we really should’ve got something against FGR last week.

I thought EOC was outstanding, just ahead of Taylor (OG aside) and O’Keefe (dive aside). Morley, for all the praise I was giving him in the other thread, was terrible. I have no idea how he was chosen as MOM. I would’ve liked to see Andrews as I didn’t think Beesley was up to much tonight.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 2243 views442Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:02 - Aug 27 by Shun

Two frustrating games in a row. We should’ve won that tonight and we really should’ve got something against FGR last week.

I thought EOC was outstanding, just ahead of Taylor (OG aside) and O’Keefe (dive aside). Morley, for all the praise I was giving him in the other thread, was terrible. I have no idea how he was chosen as MOM. I would’ve liked to see Andrews as I didn’t think Beesley was up to much tonight.

Though Beesley did play a classic no.9’s part in the goal.

What I like right now is the honesty. It’s not tied up in the bullsh!t of a philosophy, it’s a team clearly looking for the best way to win a game.

The answer may come from a change in formation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:07 - Aug 27 with 2230 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:29 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

1-0 Colchester. Possibly one of the worse own goals you will ever see. Throw in half way in our own half back to Taylor as right full back who hits it into his own net from 15 yards with no-one around him. Keeper wrong footed

genuine FFS moment
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 20:31]

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 2202 viewsKnowlesy

I thought we did alright. Set pieces were poor and we should've worked their keeper more, but the overall style of play and attacking intent was good. O'Keefe had a great game (apart from his blatant dive) and I liked the look of Dorsett. If we play like that all season but gain a little more cutting edge then we'll do well.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:13 - Aug 27 with 2157 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 20:38 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

1-0 at HT. Good half with Dale on top but Colchester getting into it as the half went on. We just haven't tested their keeper even though we have been in the last third more times than any game this season. Gutted with that goal ( May be the only shot on target!!!)

The female referee has been superb & has let the game flow. Is it the first one for a league game at the Dale?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Colchester United 26th Aug 2021 18:00
Whether by accident or design, Dale’s 100 Years anniversary match against Colchester on Friday night will have its own bit of history attached to it in the shape of referee Rebecca Welch. 0

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:22 - Aug 27 with 2037 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:13 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Whether by accident or design, Dale’s 100 Years anniversary match against Colchester on Friday night will have its own bit of history attached to it in the shape of referee Rebecca Welch. 0

I thought she was very good in the main, but letting two Colchester players ignore her when she’d clearly told them to go off in a different direction was just weak.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:33 - Aug 27 with 1932 views1907

This 5 at the back at home does not work. 3 games and 3 poor results. How many times throughout that match were we desperate for an additional midfielder when there wasn’t a pass on & we had a pretty much pointless centre half that really wasn’t doing anything.

Teams are going to come and sit back all season unless we absolutely hit them from the start.

I feel so frustrated with Stockdale after that second half as the game was there to be won had he made some brave decisions. Unfortunately we’ve settled for a draw against a really poor Colchester side.

The standard of this division is awful and it’s there for the taking. We have the foundations of a good team but we’ve got to adapt & at least try to gamble to win.
Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:39 - Aug 27 with 1872 viewsToffeemanc

Match Thread: Dale vs Colchester on 22:13 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Thought the referee had a really good game, and was a lot better and more consistent than a lot of the regular referees we get like Haines, Boyeson, Kettle, Drysdale etc.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024