Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Giffard 19:34 - Nov 22 with 3291 viewsnordenblue

Not sure if anyone on here knows Dave from his time as chair at Bury Supporters club for over 20 years, but he sadly passed away yesterday after a terrible battle with MND this year.

A truly lovely family.
Dave Giffard on 22:21 - Nov 22 with 3077 viewsDorkingDale

Terrible disease - one of the worst. Thoughts with his family & friends.
Dave Giffard on 13:10 - Nov 23 with 2670 viewsDale_4_Life

A real shame he never got to watch football at Gigg after the demise. RIP Dave.

MND really is a cruel way to go.

Thoughts go out to his family.
Dave Giffard on 23:29 - Nov 23 with 2408 viewsturnthescrew

A wicked, hideous disease that took my Uncle and also my friend. May Dave rest in Peace after all he has suffered. I didn't know him personally, but regardless, he passionately believed in his chosen cause and he'll be fondly remembered and respected for that.
Dave Giffard on 14:22 - Nov 25 with 2015 viewsDorkingDale

Dave Giffard on 23:29 - Nov 23 by turnthescrew

A wicked, hideous disease that took my Uncle and also my friend. May Dave rest in Peace after all he has suffered. I didn't know him personally, but regardless, he passionately believed in his chosen cause and he'll be fondly remembered and respected for that.

I also lost an Uncle to MND, and subsequently 2 family friends - plus another who is currently in the final stages. Not to mention poor Simon Binner, who was in the gang of teenagers around Bamford in the 1970s He chose to go to Switzerland to die rather than suffer such a miserable death (there was a heartbreaking TV documentary about him).

It seems to be coming more prevalent, although it could be a matter of previous cases being misdiagnosed (eg as MS). When my Uncle was diagnosed 40 years ago no-one had heard of it.

As you say it is a wicked disease. I hope & pray that all the current research will come up with a cure - I would urge everyone to support the MNDA charity if possible.
Dave Giffard on 14:48 - Nov 25 with 1985 viewsfinberty

Dave Giffard on 14:22 - Nov 25 by DorkingDale

I also lost an Uncle to MND, and subsequently 2 family friends - plus another who is currently in the final stages. Not to mention poor Simon Binner, who was in the gang of teenagers around Bamford in the 1970s He chose to go to Switzerland to die rather than suffer such a miserable death (there was a heartbreaking TV documentary about him).

It seems to be coming more prevalent, although it could be a matter of previous cases being misdiagnosed (eg as MS). When my Uncle was diagnosed 40 years ago no-one had heard of it.

As you say it is a wicked disease. I hope & pray that all the current research will come up with a cure - I would urge everyone to support the MNDA charity if possible.

I agree about the prevalence or the awareness.

The first case of MND I ever heard of was the actor David Niven who died from it in 1983, and it is only in very recent years where I have been aware of other cases - a colleague and a neighbour both died from it fairly recently, but I think it's the work of Kevin Sinfield in relation to Rob Burrow, Doddie Weir and former Daley Stephen Darby that has really projected the issue to the forefront.
Dave Giffard on 00:08 - Nov 26 with 1822 viewsnordenblue

Dave Giffard on 14:48 - Nov 25 by finberty

I agree about the prevalence or the awareness.

The first case of MND I ever heard of was the actor David Niven who died from it in 1983, and it is only in very recent years where I have been aware of other cases - a colleague and a neighbour both died from it fairly recently, but I think it's the work of Kevin Sinfield in relation to Rob Burrow, Doddie Weir and former Daley Stephen Darby that has really projected the issue to the forefront.

Having seen both Steph and Stephen Darby pretty regularly walking and training on pitches near me over last couple of years, to then see his interview last week for the latest Kevin Sinfield charity run its horrendous how much he's deteriorated, not to mention Doddie Weirs current condition too, it's absolutely cruel.
Dave Giffard on 17:58 - Nov 26 with 1637 viewsSuddenLad

Doddie Weir passed away today.

You're free from that shocking illness at last. Rest well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024