Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onwards and Upwards 20:36 - Jan 14 with 1951 viewsMHall963

What would you change from todays team line-up as opposed to the upcoming tranmere fixture? and also, more importantly, who do you think will slot in at left back?

I cant see why Twaddle cant get a chance although I cant see it happening, so im going to say Jordan.

Also I think Ormerod should be dropped aswell, didnt do enough for the team today, as many of the team didnt. But what other options have we got, i dont have confidence in grimes either.

This is the team I would realistically start with against Tranmere:

Kurucz
darby holden holness jordan
akpro kennedy tutte adams
bogdanovic ormerod

But i think we are all expecting jones to be replacing tutte in that team.
Onwards and Upwards on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 1921 viewsDoris

Start with the team that played so well against preston,(was away but i believe when JLAA came on it was very good ),why change a team that is playing well ??
Onwards and Upwards on 11:01 - Jan 15 with 1836 viewsColDale

If we were now in August, I'd say we revert back to what was so successful last season and go 4-5-1 with Adams and JLAA out wide, and a midfield three of Jones, JK, and Tutte, with Tutte the one furthest forward. It would be a less positive formation, and could be used to stop the rot by making us more difficult to beat. I genuinely think the days of 4-4-2 are long gone, unless you have two fantastic central midfielders.

But given its January, and we need Play Off form to stay up, I'm not sure such a move would get us the points we need. It would stop the rot, it would provide us some dignity back as a club, but won't get the wins that we need.
Onwards and Upwards on 11:41 - Jan 15 with 1782 viewspnc4eva1

I have to agree with Col apart from playing Bogdanovic in the position he suggested Tutte. 4-5-1 is a formation that provided us with a good season last year. It would also enable Dale to have a better grip on midfield. Another benefit of the system is that it can be switched to 4-3-3 very easily without substitutions.

Kurucz
Darby Holden Holness Twaddle
Adams Kennedy Bogdanovic Jones JLAA
Ormerod
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Onwards and Upwards on 13:59 - Jan 15 with 1721 viewsShun

Onwards and Upwards on 11:01 - Jan 15 by ColDale

If we were now in August, I'd say we revert back to what was so successful last season and go 4-5-1 with Adams and JLAA out wide, and a midfield three of Jones, JK, and Tutte, with Tutte the one furthest forward. It would be a less positive formation, and could be used to stop the rot by making us more difficult to beat. I genuinely think the days of 4-4-2 are long gone, unless you have two fantastic central midfielders.

But given its January, and we need Play Off form to stay up, I'm not sure such a move would get us the points we need. It would stop the rot, it would provide us some dignity back as a club, but won't get the wins that we need.

I was reading that post eagerly as I thought at the end you were going to reveal how to stop the rot!
Onwards and Upwards on 15:18 - Jan 15 with 1667 viewssandylaner23

I don't think it matters which players make up the starting 11, the team as a whole seems to have forgotten how to do the basics right, yesterday we could barely tackle, hardly find a blue shirt with our passing (sorry long hoof ball from the defence) and no body seemed to want to take any responsibilty, it looked to me like they were scared of dropping a bollock. leadership was missing yesterday, jones hasn't been himself this season not through lack of trying but I think last season might have been his last hurrah, and there is no leader in the defence no commanding presence, as has been said countless times were in need of a coma ding dominant centre half similar to a Stanton type who won't take any sh1t. But for me the team needs to get back to basics.
Onwards and Upwards on 15:20 - Jan 15 with 1651 viewselectricblue

The only diff to that 11 would be the new lad instead of Darby..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Onwards and Upwards on 15:29 - Jan 15 with 1633 viewscornishdale

I would consider giving some of the other players a chance.
Kurucz
Amakawaah Byrne Jordan Twaddle
Akpro Kennedy Tutte Adams
Bogdanovic Grimes
Subs Edwards, David, Jones, Ormerod, Darby

Onwards and Upwards on 16:49 - Jan 15 with 1555 viewsDale23years

Totally agree with that team from cornish dale
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Onwards and Upwards on 19:24 - Jan 15 with 1504 viewsRalphs12

Onwards and Upwards on 16:49 - Jan 15 by Dale23years