Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Widowson... 17:58 - Mar 17 with 2973 viewsRochblue

For those wondering, he just wasn't selected, no injury or anything.
Widowson... on 18:07 - Mar 17 with 2926 viewsborodale4

Good.
Widowson... on 18:11 - Mar 17 with 2885 viewsfirgrovedale51

Widowson... on 18:07 - Mar 17 by borodale4

Good.

Why good?
Widowson... on 18:11 - Mar 17 with 2879 viewsBigKindo

Good.

Good because he wasn't selected or good because he wasn't injured?
Widowson... on 18:12 - Mar 17 with 2862 viewsolympicdale

Good.

oh, so we hate him now?

Life is a game of fate.

Widowson... on 19:07 - Mar 17 with 2775 viewsShun

I think he means good that he wasn't injured. I've been impressed with Jordan in these past 2 games though.
Widowson... on 19:09 - Mar 17 with 2757 viewssweetcorn

Widowson... on 18:12 - Mar 17 by olympicdale

oh, so we hate him now?

Gotta blame someone, its his turn to be scapegoat now, we've already had: Trotman, Thompson and Grimes. Everyones gonna get it sooner or later.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Widowson... on 21:12 - Mar 17 with 2620 viewsisitme

Widowson... on 19:09 - Mar 17 by sweetcorn

Gotta blame someone, its his turn to be scapegoat now, we've already had: Trotman, Thompson and Grimes. Everyones gonna get it sooner or later.

I never have scapegoats. He played well at the beginning of the season, but has not been the same since his injury and recently his performances have been average at best. Jordan played well at Huddersfield and with Coleman fielding a more attacking line up it made sense to drop him back to left back.

He is another who is out of contract in the summer. Should we offer him a new deal? Would he accept it? Will he join Thompson at Barnsley?
Widowson... on 21:21 - Mar 17 with 2585 views100notout

Thought Jordan had a really good game. IMHO a much better player than Widdowson, possibly doesn't give you as much of an attacking threat but thats fine by me - thats what we have midfield / wingers for. A defenders job is to errrrrr defend and thats exactly what Jordan did and did well.

Jordan reads the game better, had better position sense and was more reliable that Joe and I would definitely play him there again on Tuesday.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

Widowson... on 21:26 - Mar 17 with 2567 viewsphomem

Widowson... on 21:21 - Mar 17 by 100notout

Thought Jordan had a really good game. IMHO a much better player than Widdowson, possibly doesn't give you as much of an attacking threat but thats fine by me - thats what we have midfield / wingers for. A defenders job is to errrrrr defend and thats exactly what Jordan did and did well.

Jordan reads the game better, had better position sense and was more reliable that Joe and I would definitely play him there again on Tuesday.

funny, I thought Jordan was our weak link today, got skinned totally for 2nd goal
Widowson... on 21:30 - Mar 17 with 2542 viewsrich_dale

Widowson... on 21:26 - Mar 17 by phomem

funny, I thought Jordan was our weak link today, got skinned totally for 2nd goal

You need pace at full back really. Hope we see Widds back soon, decent player in my book.
Widowson... on 08:06 - Mar 18 with 2382 viewssweetcorn

Widowson... on 21:12 - Mar 17 by isitme

I never have scapegoats. He played well at the beginning of the season, but has not been the same since his injury and recently his performances have been average at best. Jordan played well at Huddersfield and with Coleman fielding a more attacking line up it made sense to drop him back to left back.

He is another who is out of contract in the summer. Should we offer him a new deal? Would he accept it? Will he join Thompson at Barnsley?

I'm sorry or did i miss something?

How can he join Thompson at Barnsley, when he is still a rochdale player and will probably remain one.

As for Jordan, didn't feel confident in him at left back, the lack of pace was clear as day. hopefully we'll see joe back.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Widowson... on 19:57 - Mar 18 with 2204 viewsisitme

Widowson... on 08:06 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

I'm sorry or did i miss something?

How can he join Thompson at Barnsley, when he is still a rochdale player and will probably remain one.

As for Jordan, didn't feel confident in him at left back, the lack of pace was clear as day. hopefully we'll see joe back.

Thompson is out of contract at the end of the season and I fully expect him to join Barnsley.

Pace is the one assets that both Joe's have, but it requires more than just pace to make a player. I have seen many player over the years who are quick but have no end product or their decision making is not of the standard required.
Widowson... on 20:04 - Mar 18 with 2182 viewsSuddenLad

If things continue along the same lines at Oakwell, I wouldn't be surprised to see their super-fickle chairman shuffle his managerial pack again.

He isn't noted for his patience and tolerance.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Widowson... on 20:07 - Mar 18 with 2170 viewsTalkingSutty

Widowson... on 19:57 - Mar 18 by isitme

Thompson is out of contract at the end of the season and I fully expect him to join Barnsley.

Pace is the one assets that both Joe's have, but it requires more than just pace to make a player. I have seen many player over the years who are quick but have no end product or their decision making is not of the standard required.

Joe really struggles to hold down a place at Rochdale who are struggling in league one, what makes you think he could play in the championship ? How long have we been waiting for JT to start making his mark, is it 3 or 4 seasons now.

I would suggest he his no nearer now than when he first started. One hard tackle and thats JT out for weeks on end. If those views make me a JT basher then i can live with that, say it has you see it !!
Widowson... on 00:05 - Mar 19 with 2093 viewsShun

Widowson... on 20:04 - Mar 18 by SuddenLad

If things continue along the same lines at Oakwell, I wouldn't be surprised to see their super-fickle chairman shuffle his managerial pack again.

He isn't noted for his patience and tolerance.

I wouldn't say that. Every Barnsley fan I see seems to love Hilly.
Widowson... on 10:21 - Mar 19 with 2030 viewsStAnnesDale

Widdowson is our best left back by a long way. He could be a top full back if he went forward more. He is a bit reluctant to do so but when he does he is our best crosser and very dangerous

We would be mad not to offer him a contract. Whether he accepts is another matter as he will be one of our few players other clubs will want. If he was left out today without being ill, injured etc. then there must have been a fall out. Jordan has nice touches but is slow, and not strong in the air. Would be a top player if he had Widdowson's pace but alas he has not.
Widowson... on 10:30 - Mar 19 with 2015 viewsSFD

Widowson... on 21:21 - Mar 17 by 100notout

Were you watching the same game as me? Jordan is woeful slow and weak in the tackle any problems they caused us came down our left flank. Joe and the new lad would be exciting partnership.
Widowson... on 12:15 - Mar 19 with 1956 viewsTomRAFC

jordan is a more natural defender than widdowson however widdowson is better heading forward

keeping the goal count down has been one of jc's biggest improvements

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Widowson... on 13:03 - Mar 19 with 1923 views100notout

Widowson... on 10:30 - Mar 19 by SFD

Were you watching the same game as me? Jordan is woeful slow and weak in the tackle any problems they caused us came down our left flank. Joe and the new lad would be exciting partnership.

Just my opinion like

I have a downer on Widdowson because he gets caught out of position so many times. I thought Jordan did well on Saturday

Widowson... on 14:12 - Mar 19 with 1867 viewsSFD

Widowson... on 13:03 - Mar 19 by 100notout

Just my opinion like

I have a downer on Widdowson because he gets caught out of position so many times. I thought Jordan did well on Saturday

I thought he was poor on Saturday as per usual (Hudds aside) to slow, I'd fancy Firgrove Dale to beat Jordan over 10 yards.

Maybe I just fancy FirgroveDale anyway
Widowson... on 14:27 - Mar 19 with 1853 views100notout

Widowson... on 14:12 - Mar 19 by SFD

I thought he was poor on Saturday as per usual (Hudds aside) to slow, I'd fancy Firgrove Dale to beat Jordan over 10 yards.

Maybe I just fancy FirgroveDale anyway

Widowson... on 15:41 - Mar 19 with 1814 viewsNotEyreClue

I really like Widdowson (calm down not in that way) and I think he's been one of our most consistent performers. Jordan is a good player and I wish we could regularly fit him into the team somewhere but at full-back he simply doesn't have the pace required. All I'm going to say is, imagine he played instead of Widdowson against Sheff Wed, Antonio would have had time to have a leak and a read a novel before Jordan would have got anywhere near catching back up with him.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Widowson... on 16:15 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewsdingdangblue

Widowson... on 15:41 - Mar 19 by NotEyreClue

I really like Widdowson (calm down not in that way) and I think he's been one of our most consistent performers. Jordan is a good player and I wish we could regularly fit him into the team somewhere but at full-back he simply doesn't have the pace required. All I'm going to say is, imagine he played instead of Widdowson against Sheff Wed, Antonio would have had time to have a leak and a read a novel before Jordan would have got anywhere near catching back up with him.

Jordan was easily beaten for pace by Ron Weasley to set up Oldhams 2nd goal - I dont think he wouldve got past Widdowson so easily - although being slow allowed Jordan to get a good kick in on him just after he crossed. Bonus!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Widowson... on 16:18 - Mar 19 with 1770 viewsNotEyreClue

Widowson... on 16:15 - Mar 19 by dingdangblue

Jordan was easily beaten for pace by Ron Weasley to set up Oldhams 2nd goal - I dont think he wouldve got past Widdowson so easily - although being slow allowed Jordan to get a good kick in on him just after he crossed. Bonus!

That's true although to be fair he was on a Nimbus 2000 and those things are pretty quick..

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Widowson... on 16:29 - Mar 19 with 1751 viewsdingdangblue

Widowson... on 16:18 - Mar 19 by NotEyreClue

That's true although to be fair he was on a Nimbus 2000 and those things are pretty quick..

Think Jordan had a 'running in treacle' spell put on him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024