Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Edwards Departs 13:23 - Jun 4 with 10965 viewssandylaner1

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/edwards-contract-853750.aspx

shame
Phil Edwards Departs on 13:29 - Jun 4 with 6603 viewsfitzochris

Looking decidedly thin on numbers at the back now. Hopefully we'll get word on new recruits soon.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:42 - Jun 4 with 6528 viewsChaffRAFC

Very annoying but if he doesn't want to be here then he can f*** right off as well. Anyone who doesn't want to be here can go.

Big job now for Keith Hill who must surely go out and get three new central defenders. Two who can form a good solid partnership and one who can act as back-up alongside Darcy O'Connor.

Possible targets perhaps:

Ashley Eastham
Will Haining
Reece Brown
Mark Hughes
Paul Bignot
Richard Hinds

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:43 - Jun 4 with 6506 viewssweetcorn

He had a good end to the season and was a decent centre half at this level, however he is very replaceable and i'm sure there are adequate alternatives available to us.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:48 - Jun 4 with 6501 viewsD_Alien

Dunno what Edwards (or his agents) reasoning is, but if he's had what he considers a better offer he's welcome to it

Hilly now finds himself in the same boat with regards to central defence that he left the club in the summer of 2011

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:53 - Jun 4 with 6468 viewsAtThePeake

Quite surprised at this.

I don't think he's stood out enough for other clubs to be sniffing around him. One can only assume that the terms of the deal were not up to the same standard Coleman offered him - hopefully Hilly wasn't relying on Edwards staying on the cheap and still has enough in the budget to bring in 2/3 quality defenders. Will be very interesting to see where Edwards goes next.

I love a good look around the PFA Transfer List, and there are plenty of players worth giving a trial to at the very least. Paul Bignot (Blackpool), Tamika Mkandawire (Millwall), Stephen Foster (Barnsley), Peter Murphy (Carlisle) Matt Taylor (Charlton) Matt Heath (Colchester) Pat Kisnorbo (Leeds), Shelton Martis (Doncaster) Ashley Eastham (Blackpool) are all available on frees. All of them will have to take a drop down the leagues having been released by higher clubs, though wages may be a stumbling block for a few of them. There's also Will Haining who's been released by Morecambe due to 'budgetary constraints', but he's a good player in L2.

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:54 - Jun 4 with 6461 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:42 - Jun 4 by ChaffRAFC

Very annoying but if he doesn't want to be here then he can f*** right off as well. Anyone who doesn't want to be here can go.

Big job now for Keith Hill who must surely go out and get three new central defenders. Two who can form a good solid partnership and one who can act as back-up alongside Darcy O'Connor.

Possible targets perhaps:

Ashley Eastham
Will Haining
Reece Brown
Mark Hughes
Paul Bignot
Richard Hinds

Damn Chaff you beat me to it.

Reckon there will be Championship/League One clubs sniffing around Reece Brown though. I know it didn't work out for him at Blackpool but I hear he did very well at Oldham.

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:54 - Jun 4 with 6463 views442Dale

Holness M. would be worth a call, but not sure of his status at Burton. Already illustrated he can be a good squad player and if you get his confidence sorted he'll be in the team every week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 6439 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 13:54 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Holness M. would be worth a call, but not sure of his status at Burton. Already illustrated he can be a good squad player and if you get his confidence sorted he'll be in the team every week.

As things stand, he's probably likely to be first choice at Burton Albion alongside Zander Diamond. Nathan Stanton has left on a free, and Ian Sharps' (who had become the first choice CB) loan spell from Rotherham has expired.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:04 - Jun 4 with 6414 viewsChaffRAFC

Don't rate Holness but if Hill can get the best out of him again then maybe he's worth a call as a squad player. Heard that Hill went in for him on loan last season so I'd expect him to go for him again.

ATP, saw the list but Foster has signed for somebody otherwise he'd have been on my list as well.

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:04 - Jun 4 with 6414 viewsChaffRAFC

Double post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:08 - Jun 4 with 6389 viewsMIlnrowdale

Balkestein & Trottman - now thats a pairing to get us out of this division!!!

would almost be as bad as watching McCardle & Boardman team up at Stockport
Phil Edwards Departs on 14:12 - Jun 4 with 6372 viewsolympicdale

I am quite surprised at this, of the ones left I would have thought he would have been the least likely one to reject a stay. JK and Tutte would be the standout/glamour members of our squad for potential suiters, and Bennett is a promising young talent, still very raw. Edwards is at a crucial point in his career and I would have bet a decent amount of money on him wanting to stay and learn under Hill, it just makes you wonder what sort of contract he was on under Coley.

Life is a game of fate.

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 6368 views49thseason

So can we assume that Keith Hill has got back off holiday, rung the players who still have outstanding contract offers and asked for a decision? And if so we ought to hear about the likes of Kennedy, Tutte and Bennett fairly quickly, especially as the wages that Kennedy and Tutte will be on will be a welcome addition to his budget and negotiating position with other targets.
For what its worth I always regarded Edwards as a very limited player, decent when attacking the ball in the air but no great shakes with the ball at his feet or passing to a Dale shirt. There are undoubtedly better players with brighter futures that KH can work with.
Phil Edwards Departs on 14:27 - Jun 4 with 6283 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:08 - Jun 4 by MIlnrowdale

What about Sodje?

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:32 - Jun 4 with 6267 viewspl56

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:14 - Jun 4 by 49thseason

So can we assume that Keith Hill has got back off holiday, rung the players who still have outstanding contract offers and asked for a decision? And if so we ought to hear about the likes of Kennedy, Tutte and Bennett fairly quickly, especially as the wages that Kennedy and Tutte will be on will be a welcome addition to his budget and negotiating position with other targets.
For what its worth I always regarded Edwards as a very limited player, decent when attacking the ball in the air but no great shakes with the ball at his feet or passing to a Dale shirt. There are undoubtedly better players with brighter futures that KH can work with.

Couldn't agree more re Edwards ; I actually wonder if Hilly saw him at best as a squad player , and offered a relatively derisory contract .

On a separate thread , someone posted that CG's blog suggested the expectation was for one to sign , and one to leave from the outstanding players offered contracts . If that's true , I'm chuffed its Edwards who hasn't signed , as I'd much rather retain hope for the other three signing up
Phil Edwards Departs on 14:37 - Jun 4 with 6239 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:27 - Jun 4 by AtThePeake

What about Sodje?

In fact, Sodje has just been named as the joint manager of Macc with Jon Askey.

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:41 - Jun 4 with 6226 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:32 - Jun 4 by pl56

Couldn't agree more re Edwards ; I actually wonder if Hilly saw him at best as a squad player , and offered a relatively derisory contract .

On a separate thread , someone posted that CG's blog suggested the expectation was for one to sign , and one to leave from the outstanding players offered contracts . If that's true , I'm chuffed its Edwards who hasn't signed , as I'd much rather retain hope for the other three signing up

Agree.......Edwards departure does n't worry me.

Half decent yes,but there are better defenders around that Hilly can attract.
Only thing is the lack of continiuity and having to blood another player into the defence.

Another Coleman signing gone.
Phil Edwards Departs on 15:00 - Jun 4 with 6161 views49thseason

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:41 - Jun 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree.......Edwards departure does n't worry me.

Half decent yes,but there are better defenders around that Hilly can attract.
Only thing is the lack of continiuity and having to blood another player into the defence.

Another Coleman signing gone.

Yes, getting rid of Coleman's signings (with a couple of exceptions) should always be regarded as good business.
Phil Edwards Departs on 15:27 - Jun 4 with 6101 viewsdingdangblue

Edwards and Cansdell-Sheriff were an excellent partnership towards the end of the season and its a great shame we couldn't have them fir the start of this new campaign but I'm sure Hilly will have a list of players he's interested in so no worries.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Phil Edwards Departs on 15:38 - Jun 4 with 6062 viewsPDIDDY

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:27 - Jun 4 by AtThePeake

What about Sodje?

He's better than Hughes and eastham

Gissa job

Phil Edwards Departs on 15:48 - Jun 4 with 6023 viewsColDale

Compare the number of times JK has been mentioned in comparison to Edwards. Decent player with very good second half of the season, but the offer was there, and I don't think Hilly was ever going to fight tooth and nail to keep him.
Phil Edwards Departs on 15:53 - Jun 4 with 6007 viewsStAnnesDale

Played very well under Hill. However he was small for a central defender, which was his best position as he did not impress at full back or midfield. Whoever replaces him is probably going to add a bit of height to the defence which I suspect will be needed.
Phil Edwards Departs on 17:13 - Jun 4 with 5860 viewsYadHoDale

Phil Edwards Departs on 14:08 - Jun 4 by MIlnrowdale

Balkestein, like Boardman, is too erratic - an own goal waiting to happen.

Rory Mc wasn't brilliant under Parkin, but improved dramatically under Hill. Likewise, Trotman was poor under Eyre, but may be "fixable" by Hill. He was decent enough as a kid at Oldham.

Broken toy scenaro??
Phil Edwards Departs on 17:15 - Jun 4 with 5842 viewsAtThePeake

Phil Edwards Departs on 17:13 - Jun 4 by YadHoDale

Balkestein, like Boardman, is too erratic - an own goal waiting to happen.

Rory Mc wasn't brilliant under Parkin, but improved dramatically under Hill. Likewise, Trotman was poor under Eyre, but may be "fixable" by Hill. He was decent enough as a kid at Oldham.

Broken toy scenaro??

I'd be hard pushed to choose, but I think I'd rather have Balkestein than Trotman. Trotman was woeful.

Tangled up in blue.

Phil Edwards Departs on 17:36 - Jun 4 with 5787 viewsTVOS1907

Wouldn't surprise me if he turned up at bury.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024