Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your favourite moment following Dale? 14:37 - Jul 29 with 7940 viewsdale_spotland

Bar the obvious ones such as promotion, Darlo at home etc what's your favourite moment following the dale? Can be at home or away.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 5792 viewsSaxonDale

Found £60 outside the ground once, that was good.Also saw Daryll Burgess dressed in full devil attire one Halloween, will never forget his face when he saw that I had a Rochdale top on.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:52 - Jul 29 with 5775 viewsdilligas

Randomness like being one of the Swansea 45 or however many it was.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 5767 viewssykeboy

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:52 - Jul 29 by dilligas

gettinga day off school to watch dale beat coventry in fa cup & and stockport away winning 2 -7 on my birhday
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 5767 viewssykeboy

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:52 - Jul 29 by dilligas

gettinga day off school to watch dale beat coventry in fa cup & and stockport away winning 2 -7 on my birhday
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:59 - Jul 29 with 5767 viewsaleanddale

why bar the obvious.

in 30 years Darlo at home was LONG overdue and THE best moment. 1-3 down on aggregate and to win in the manner we did was magical.

Going to OT to face ManUre in the FA Cup was great to dispite the disapointment of the original Saturday being postponed and the actual game when it was played was a bit of a Non event!!.

Scunthorpe at home on a Tuesday night ( the replay in round 2 ) was a belting night too knowing we had United up next!!.

More recently enjoyed being 1-2 down v MK when the added time board went up and we won 3-2.

Also the 4-3 night match v Cambridge was a belter.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:12 - Jul 29 with 5747 viewselectricblue

Steve doyle running through the street nr coventry for the away league cup match
His legs where a mess..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:20 - Jul 29 with 5725 viewsD_Alien

Jonah's piledriver away at Southampton in the 0-2

Sealed the victory and put us on a wider footballing map

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:21 - Jul 29 with 5723 viewsirishrafc

When Rochdale was voted back into the Football League over Altrincham, The reason why their supporters hate us to this very day.

Eire Euro 2016 Champions

Login to get fewer ads

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:21 - Jul 29 with 5723 viewsjohndale

6 June 1980 - Games Teacher at school told everyone that Rochdale had stayed in the league by 1 vote - you'd think we had won the league with everyone's reaction!
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:27 - Jul 29 with 5707 viewsdale_spotland

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:59 - Jul 29 by aleanddale

why bar the obvious.

in 30 years Darlo at home was LONG overdue and THE best moment. 1-3 down on aggregate and to win in the manner we did was magical.

Going to OT to face ManUre in the FA Cup was great to dispite the disapointment of the original Saturday being postponed and the actual game when it was played was a bit of a Non event!!.

Scunthorpe at home on a Tuesday night ( the replay in round 2 ) was a belting night too knowing we had United up next!!.

More recently enjoyed being 1-2 down v MK when the added time board went up and we won 3-2.

Also the 4-3 night match v Cambridge was a belter.

Bar the obvious so everybody doesn't simply put the same 3 or 4 things!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:34 - Jul 29 with 5696 viewsBrierls

Southampton away. I've never felt so proud to be a Dale fan, and looking around seeing the look on other Dale fans faces there were a few that felt the same. Promotion to League One was the promised land, beating the favourites for the title on their own patch was something else.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:35 - Jul 29 with 5695 viewsfitzochris

Hillcroft era aside... and Parkin's too...

Taking apart Rotherham in the FA Cup was pretty decent, back when they had the Goat and were a half decent side. They nearly clawed it back too, at the end.

Getting to the FA Cup third round against Liverpool was a nice moment... right up until kick-off!

Beating Doncaster 2-1 with nine men...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:39 - Jul 29 with 5680 viewsjamRAFC

Not including the promotion or league 1 yeats then its between beating bury 3-0 on my birthday in colemans first game in charge or beating fleetwood 3-0 away this year.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:42 - Jul 29 with 5669 viewsBrierls

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:39 - Jul 29 by jamRAFC

Not including the promotion or league 1 yeats then its between beating bury 3-0 on my birthday in colemans first game in charge or beating fleetwood 3-0 away this year.

Beating bury 3-0 in Coleman's first game in charge was League One.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:43 - Jul 29 with 5668 viewsSaxonDale

I also really enjoyed beating MK Dons 1-0 at their place a few years ago. Proof for me that sometimes a gritty, battling 1-0 can be better to watch than a 5-0 win.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:45 - Jul 29 with 5660 viewsjamRAFC

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:42 - Jul 29 by Brierls

Beating bury 3-0 in Coleman's first game in charge was League One.

i meant not the league 1 year when Hill was in charge. e
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:50 - Jul 29 with 5646 viewssykeboy

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 14:58 - Jul 29 by sykeboy

would also add winning at burnley with 9 men and a certain mr lunt
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:59 - Jul 29 with 5627 viewsjacko_dale

Barring the obvious for me it's Daggers' hat trick from the bench in his first game back after that lengthy lay off. Either that or seeing Paul Ince's face when we battered MK Dons 5-0.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:02 - Jul 29 with 5622 viewsTalkingSutty

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 15:21 - Jul 29 by irishrafc

When Rochdale was voted back into the Football League over Altrincham, The reason why their supporters hate us to this very day.

Great shout that. It was nailed on that we would be losing our league status that afternoon. I remember it clear as day tuning into Radio Manchester when the decision came through, i was overjoyed.

Coming in a close second would be the home game against Stockport County when we had to win to avoid re-election. I think it was the year of the great escape, we won 2-1 with County throwing the kitchen sink at our goal for the last 10 minutes. The final whistle was greeted with a pitch invasion.

I dont think we would have ever returned to the football league had those two moments in time not gone our way.
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:04 - Jul 29 with 5614 viewsThreeLions

The first half at Wembley.
The second leg of play offs against darlo at home.
Soton away.

One of those.....
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:39 - Jul 29 with 5571 viewsBirchy915

Chris Dagnall's 9 minute Hattrick

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 5559 viewsChaffRAFC

* Celebrating at St Mary's when Gary Jones scored his greatest goal for us

* Chris Dagnall's last minute goal against Rushden

* Billy Turley's fresh air kick against Rushden at home

* Graeme Atkinson's last minute winner against Rotherham.

* Paddy McCourt's injury time winner against Halifax

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:55 - Jul 29 with 5552 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:02 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

Great shout that. It was nailed on that we would be losing our league status that afternoon. I remember it clear as day tuning into Radio Manchester when the decision came through, i was overjoyed.

Coming in a close second would be the home game against Stockport County when we had to win to avoid re-election. I think it was the year of the great escape, we won 2-1 with County throwing the kitchen sink at our goal for the last 10 minutes. The final whistle was greeted with a pitch invasion.

I dont think we would have ever returned to the football league had those two moments in time not gone our way.

Re-election had finished by then. That was the first season of automatic relegation.

We had to win to ensure we were safe, although we would have still had another chance in the final game at Scunthorpe had things gone wrong v Stockport.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 5527 viewsTalkingSutty

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 16:55 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

Re-election had finished by then. That was the first season of automatic relegation.

We had to win to ensure we were safe, although we would have still had another chance in the final game at Scunthorpe had things gone wrong v Stockport.

Thanks, is my mind playing tricks or did Bill Williams play for Stockport on that night?
What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 18:02 - Jul 29 with 5478 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite moment following Dale? on 17:16 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

Thanks, is my mind playing tricks or did Bill Williams play for Stockport on that night?

Aye, I think he did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024