Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights 14:12 - Jan 2 with 5492 viewsMHall963

Just watched the video highlights on dale player from yesterday's game. My thoughts are that we are lucky to have not got 2, possibly 3 suspensions. These thoughts are only based on the highlights though. For the first, Scotty hogan seemed to headbutt or at least shove the scunny player with his head, as a result I feel he may have got away with this. For the second incident, this being the rose yellow, we all know how that went, so there's the second yellow although it did look as though rose got something on the ball. Then lastly, as scunnys attacker was through on goal, olly had a little tug at him, but then thought better of it and let go, it might've been a different story had he gone down. Anyway just my thoughts and having watched the highlights. Onwards and upwards, let's look forward to Leeds now. Up the dale!
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 14:25 - Jan 2 with 4103 viewsMass_Debater

We all saw the Hogan incident at the time. He was lucky.

Clear second foul by Rose.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 3936 viewsD_Dale

From what was shown on Sky, I can see why Hogan might have got a red, but Rose seemed very unfortunate for what doesn't look like a deliberate foul: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/9098652/scu
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 3916 viewsdale4ever

Those highlights for me show how lucky hogan was, but we all knew that anyway! But Rose was unlucky he clearly got the ball it goes the opposite direction!
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:00 - Jan 2 with 3857 viewsTrue_Blue2

Those two saves from Slocombe looked good at the time, but the highlights show just how top drawer they were.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 3852 viewsMass_Debater

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 17:34 - Jan 2 by dale4ever

Those highlights for me show how lucky hogan was, but we all knew that anyway! But Rose was unlucky he clearly got the ball it goes the opposite direction!

No he didn't.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 3815 viewsdale4ever

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:02 - Jan 2 by Mass_Debater

No he didn't.

Are you blind?
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:12 - Jan 2 with 3804 viewsMass_Debater

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:09 - Jan 2 by dale4ever

Are you blind?

No.

Why are you always so aggressive with people who have a different opinion?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 18:13]
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:13 - Jan 2 with 3802 viewsdale4ever

Wasn't aggressive just don't understand how you can't see the ball travelling back in the opposite direction it didn't do it on it's own?
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:17 - Jan 2 with 3786 viewsMass_Debater

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:13 - Jan 2 by dale4ever

Wasn't aggressive just don't understand how you can't see the ball travelling back in the opposite direction it didn't do it on it's own?

Their player knocked it back when he checked back, in my opinion.

And if you aren't aggressive, why not just say "I don't agree?" instead of "Are you blind?". This isn't the L2 forum.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 18:18]
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:26 - Jan 2 with 3743 viewsdale4ever

Ok
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:38 - Jan 2 with 3695 viewsfirgrovedale51

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:17 - Jan 2 by Mass_Debater

Their player knocked it back when he checked back, in my opinion.

And if you aren't aggressive, why not just say "I don't agree?" instead of "Are you blind?". This isn't the L2 forum.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 18:18]

Just watched the replay and Rose definitely played the ball .
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:41 - Jan 2 with 3690 viewsmaybee

Looks like 2 fantastic saves by their keeper changed the game.

Also looks like Hogan should have been sent off.

Rose too fully deserving of a second yellow for that challenge. Doesn't show the first foul, but no-one seems to be arguing about that.

Shame that Rose now misses the Leeds game, but it looks like the ref got it spot on.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:57 - Jan 2 with 3640 viewsdavidk95

I can't decide why the referee hasn't sent hogan off. He's in front of the incident and doesn't take much time to think, very very lucky.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 18:59 - Jan 2 with 3633 views442Dale

It's not 100%, but their player did look to stop his run with Rose catching him. Think it's the perfect example of taking a bit of time at games and not automatically blaming the ref who has to make a decision very quickly. Or listening to commentary and forming an opinion on that! More often than not this season it has shown that the refs have got it right.

Can't understand Hogan's reaction at all. He's lucky. Good point in original post about Lancashire not pulling down their man, you could almost see him thinking twice about it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:04 - Jan 2 with 3614 viewsdingdangblue

Slocombe 1st save - World class.
Hogan incident - Red card.
Slocombe 2nd save - Cummins shoudve buried it.
Rose incident - definite foul and 2nd yellow.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:09 - Jan 2 with 3608 viewsfirgrovedale51

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:04 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

Rose played the ball definately
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:12 - Jan 2 with 3592 views442Dale

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:04 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

Seeing the second save, I'm in agreement. Great save but the header was near enough to him to give Slocombe a chance.

Rose is not definite one way or another, and I've slowed it down a few times! What is possible to say is that the ref was nearer than the camera and gave decision as he saw fit, and it's not one anyone can be certain enough to argue with.

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:12 - Jan 2 with 3587 viewsMass_Debater

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:09 - Jan 2 by firgrovedale51

Rose played the ball definately

There's nothing definite about it.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 3556 viewsSalwaDale

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:12 - Jan 2 by 442Dale

Seeing the second save, I'm in agreement. Great save but the header was near enough to him to give Slocombe a chance.

Rose is not definite one way or another, and I've slowed it down a few times! What is possible to say is that the ref was nearer than the camera and gave decision as he saw fit, and it's not one anyone can be certain enough to argue with.

But your last paragraph is the reason why it shouldn't have resulted in a red card, albeit from a second yellow.

The more I think, the ref did have a stinker yesterday, basically because he let so much go early on. Once Hogan had let his frustration get the better of him, the ref seemed to realise he had let the game get away from him and then seemed keen to re-assert his control. Had Hogan not done the ridiculous body charge, we'd be discussing either a great comeback or commending Scunthorpe on keeping us out.

Not saying Scunthorpe were dirty or divers, but they were canny and certainly had a bit more game nouse than some of our players. Yesterday could be a very important lesson for Hogan.

TBBT

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:28 - Jan 2 with 3538 views442Dale

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:21 - Jan 2 by SalwaDale

But your last paragraph is the reason why it shouldn't have resulted in a red card, albeit from a second yellow.

The more I think, the ref did have a stinker yesterday, basically because he let so much go early on. Once Hogan had let his frustration get the better of him, the ref seemed to realise he had let the game get away from him and then seemed keen to re-assert his control. Had Hogan not done the ridiculous body charge, we'd be discussing either a great comeback or commending Scunthorpe on keeping us out.

Not saying Scunthorpe were dirty or divers, but they were canny and certainly had a bit more game nouse than some of our players. Yesterday could be a very important lesson for Hogan.

Yeah the ref did seem to want to make t obvious he was in charge after that incident, but still don't think he got a lot wrong while doing that. It was just unnecessary.

The second yellow: Think what I was trying to say is that we'll have to go with the ref's decision because he had a better view. It might have been obvious to him that it was a booking.

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:32 - Jan 2 with 3432 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 19:28 - Jan 2 by 442Dale

Yeah the ref did seem to want to make t obvious he was in charge after that incident, but still don't think he got a lot wrong while doing that. It was just unnecessary.

The second yellow: Think what I was trying to say is that we'll have to go with the ref's decision because he had a better view. It might have been obvious to him that it was a booking.

For me their guy has checked his run knowing Rose is bearing down on him. I think from the angle Rose challenges him if he had got the ball it would have headed towards Lillis goal. Clever play really, most probably knowing Rose had been booked already.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:51 - Jan 2 with 3399 views49thseason

I think its time the coaches had a word with Cummins about heading downwards, there have been a coupls of instances where he has tried to head into the roof of the net and been saved by the keeper, a downwards header onto the goal line is almost unstoppable.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:58 - Jan 2 with 3379 viewsMass_Debater

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:32 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

For me their guy has checked his run knowing Rose is bearing down on him. I think from the angle Rose challenges him if he had got the ball it would have headed towards Lillis goal. Clever play really, most probably knowing Rose had been booked already.

I doubt their player, who had just come on as a sub, could compute that fact in the millisecond he had available to him when Rose suddenly appeared.
Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 21:16 - Jan 2 with 3349 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 20:58 - Jan 2 by Mass_Debater

I doubt their player, who had just come on as a sub, could compute that fact in the millisecond he had available to him when Rose suddenly appeared.

With nearly half of our outfield players on a yellow there was a decent chance! :-/

Rochdale v Scunthorpe highlights on 21:27 - Jan 2 with 3322 viewssandylaner1

wasn't at game, not gonna watch highlights

thoughts fully on the leeds game now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024