Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson 21:47 - Mar 5 with 2355 viewsmacro

The most unimaginative manager out. So many players out of position, lack of pace, why play hart give someone else experience etc
Hodgson on 21:51 - Mar 5 with 1892 viewsBigDaveMyCock

You're right, bring back Capello, no hang on, bring back Mclaren, no hang on, bring back Sven, no hang on, bring back Keegan, no hang on....

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hodgson on 22:03 - Mar 5 with 1859 viewsRotherhamDale

Slightly wrong formation in my opinion.

Sturridge up front. Rooney behind. Sterling and Lallana wide with Wilshere and Gerrard holding in midfield. Piece of cake.

No wonder the national team never does anything though, people were whinging and complaining after 15 mins. International football isn't 100mph like the English game, and we passed the ball well in the first half. The second half was pretty poor and the rolling substitutions don't really help.
The game also lasts 90 mins, we don't have to score straight away. 'Game management' as Keith would say.

Possession with progression.

Hodgson on 22:25 - Mar 5 with 1804 viewsmacro

Hodgson on 21:51 - Mar 5 by BigDaveMyCock

You're right, bring back Capello, no hang on, bring back Mclaren, no hang on, bring back Sven, no hang on, bring back Keegan, no hang on....

He's just as bad as those yes. England are shite
Hodgson on 22:29 - Mar 5 with 1791 viewsdalestats

It's why I don't watch England, complete and utter tosh

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hodgson on 22:39 - Mar 5 with 1762 viewsDale_Pea

Hodgson has added absolutely nothing to our football team in this country since he took over.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Hodgson on 22:45 - Mar 5 with 1749 viewsSaxonDale

Hodgson's not the problem it's the people (half of whom seem to have viewed this thread) who criticise England after every single performance.
Hodgson on 23:06 - Mar 5 with 1710 viewsD_Alien

Hodgson on 22:45 - Mar 5 by SaxonDale

Hodgson's not the problem it's the people (half of whom seem to have viewed this thread) who criticise England after every single performance.

Every single England coach gets the job because they've either been successful or outstandingly successful over a long period of time.

Trying to make a couple of dozen egos, who're kicking six shades of shit out of each other for their day jobs, form a team ethos isn't something the critics could do with all the time in the world, let alone a few days here and there.

Hodgson seems to be working on putting club partnerships together, and it's not a bad strategy.

But when Sturridge has to take half-arsed passes from Rooney instead of clinical throughballs from Suarez (true world class), what chance has he got?

And Rooney's "attempts" on goal had me hiding behind the sofa. Nowt Hodgson can do about that.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 23:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hodgson on 01:01 - Mar 6 with 1623 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Digance says it better than we can!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Hodgson on 02:47 - Mar 6 with 1604 viewspioneer

Hodgson on 22:03 - Mar 5 by RotherhamDale

Slightly wrong formation in my opinion.

Sturridge up front. Rooney behind. Sterling and Lallana wide with Wilshere and Gerrard holding in midfield. Piece of cake.

No wonder the national team never does anything though, people were whinging and complaining after 15 mins. International football isn't 100mph like the English game, and we passed the ball well in the first half. The second half was pretty poor and the rolling substitutions don't really help.
The game also lasts 90 mins, we don't have to score straight away. 'Game management' as Keith would say.

No the fans were whinging after 90 + 90 + 15 minutes of Wembley football without even a single goal. Of course the bloke with the best scoring record (goals per game) in the squad was left sitting on the bench.

Lambert should never have scored those goals - killed of all chance of a prolonged England career.
Hodgson on 08:04 - Mar 6 with 1557 viewsmacro

I think it's the fact that players don't play as well for England as they do for their clubs. Is it negative tactics from the hodg or is it the fact club teams have far more skillful players in them which highlights the poorer quality of players who are english
Hodgson on 08:04 - Mar 6 with 1555 viewsCamdenDale

Not Hodgson's fault more than any other involved at the FA over the last 15 years. We last showed real spark under Hoddle - a man we forced to resign after an appearance on Richard and Judy ffs. Typical UK tabloid media pontification/moralising BS.

We were pretty good that WC under Hoddle but that was with a decent squad. We're lucky to be going. Just accept that and back the team.
Hodgson on 08:27 - Mar 6 with 1543 viewsdingdangblue

Can't really believe some of the criticism of England/Hodgson/Rooney. Last nights game was pointless and unimportant as all friendlies are these days. Most of those players last night are involved in critical league / champions league games at the minute and could do without an international fixture. As for Rooney - he has nothing to prove in an England shirt and without his goals we wouldn't even be going to Brazil.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hodgson on 09:24 - Mar 6 with 1508 viewsD_Alien

Hodgson on 08:27 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

Can't really believe some of the criticism of England/Hodgson/Rooney. Last nights game was pointless and unimportant as all friendlies are these days. Most of those players last night are involved in critical league / champions league games at the minute and could do without an international fixture. As for Rooney - he has nothing to prove in an England shirt and without his goals we wouldn't even be going to Brazil.

That doesn't seem to stop him playing like a turd - and that's how I'm calling last night's performance. And no, it didn't really matter last night, but he played like a turd in SA too.

It's time for him to start performing in a major tournament like he did 10 years ago and stop relying on reputation.

I'd have Rooney's name written down first on England's team sheet, just in case.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hodgson on 09:56 - Mar 6 with 1493 viewsdingdangblue

Hodgson on 09:24 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

That doesn't seem to stop him playing like a turd - and that's how I'm calling last night's performance. And no, it didn't really matter last night, but he played like a turd in SA too.

It's time for him to start performing in a major tournament like he did 10 years ago and stop relying on reputation.

I'd have Rooney's name written down first on England's team sheet, just in case.

Id write off South Africa as that whole tournament was a disaster. Euro 2004 - Brilliant. World Cup 2006 - injured leading upto it. Euro 2008 - did not Qualify, World Cup 2010 - see above, Euro 2012 - suspended for half of it. Last chance of World Cup glory for Rooney this as he probably won't be around in another 4 years time. He's had an injury hit season so far so hopefully he will peak around June/July this time round if he can stay fit these next few months. If Rooney plays to his best England will do well.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hodgson on 10:19 - Mar 6 with 1453 viewsScunnydale

I understand the reason for friendlies. It's not necessarily to win matches, but to allow the players game time together against usually decent opposition.

However, you'd expect these players to show some semblance of ability. The first half was poor. Very poor. Wilshere and Rooney, in my eyes, the main culprits (although no one particularly shone). Rooney's "shooting" and his complete lack of movement stunted any potential attack. There were a few moments when Sterling or Sturridge took up their Liverpool positions and looked for someone in the centre. Clear as day, Rooney was just stood next to a defender, motionless. I know it sounds like I'm singling Rooney out (I suppose I am), but this is the time in the international calendar when his performances fall apart. To be truly world class, he needs to show it, but he has never done it at a competition.

Lallana brightened up the evening and it's no surprise that the second half saw at least some half-competent attacking. Putting Sturridge into the middle also helped.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 10:19]
Hodgson on 10:35 - Mar 6 with 1425 viewsdingdangblue

Hodgson on 10:19 - Mar 6 by Scunnydale

I understand the reason for friendlies. It's not necessarily to win matches, but to allow the players game time together against usually decent opposition.

However, you'd expect these players to show some semblance of ability. The first half was poor. Very poor. Wilshere and Rooney, in my eyes, the main culprits (although no one particularly shone). Rooney's "shooting" and his complete lack of movement stunted any potential attack. There were a few moments when Sterling or Sturridge took up their Liverpool positions and looked for someone in the centre. Clear as day, Rooney was just stood next to a defender, motionless. I know it sounds like I'm singling Rooney out (I suppose I am), but this is the time in the international calendar when his performances fall apart. To be truly world class, he needs to show it, but he has never done it at a competition.

Lallana brightened up the evening and it's no surprise that the second half saw at least some half-competent attacking. Putting Sturridge into the middle also helped.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 10:19]

'he has never done it at a competition' ?

Hodgson on 10:45 - Mar 6 with 1411 viewsScunnydale

Hodgson on 10:35 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

'he has never done it at a competition' ?

I'll give you Euro 2004.
Hodgson on 11:04 - Mar 6 with 1394 viewsdingdangblue

Hodgson on 10:45 - Mar 6 by Scunnydale

I'll give you Euro 2004.

Typical of Englands luck in tournaments that the one recent time when we actually look like doing something - our shining light Rooney got injured. And Greece won it to rub salt in the wounds. Think we would all be happy getting out of the group this time! Can see Uruguay,Italy and England all drawing with each other to be honest.

Hodgson on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 1381 viewsScunnydale

Yeah, I have very few expectations for England. All I want is for their matches to be enjoyable. If we go out in the group stage, so be it. I'll be disappointed, but not angry - as long as we've tried to win games, or played with some spirit.

The worst case scenario for me is if we go out in the group stages playing poorly, or limp through to the second round and get our arses handed to us by playing like a team of demented strangers. But when has that ever happened?!
Hodgson on 12:24 - Mar 6 with 1319 viewsMorden

Hodgson on 08:04 - Mar 6 by CamdenDale

Not Hodgson's fault more than any other involved at the FA over the last 15 years. We last showed real spark under Hoddle - a man we forced to resign after an appearance on Richard and Judy ffs. Typical UK tabloid media pontification/moralising BS.

We were pretty good that WC under Hoddle but that was with a decent squad. We're lucky to be going. Just accept that and back the team.

Hodgson is in a pretty good situation really. The squad now is clearly inferior to what went before, so as long as he gets them to the tournaments, he'll be seen as doing a good job
Hodgson on 13:21 - Mar 6 with 1266 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

His only competitive defeat has come on penalties.

Why has it become fashionable to slate the England team no matter what? You get the feeling half the country would be secretly happy if we lose all three games in Brazil.

It's no wonder the players don't perform like they do for their clubs.
Hodgson on 17:59 - Mar 6 with 1157 viewsnordenblue

Hodgson on 13:21 - Mar 6 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

His only competitive defeat has come on penalties.

Why has it become fashionable to slate the England team no matter what? You get the feeling half the country would be secretly happy if we lose all three games in Brazil.

It's no wonder the players don't perform like they do for their clubs.

The players dont perform as we are simply not good enough and nowhere near the standards our press would have you believe in "the best league in the world",when Bayern played Arsenal Pepe was asked about Jack Wiltshire and his response was spot on,there's literally hundreds of similar players dotted around Spain.To be fair to the lad hes probably one of our technically best players with a ball at his feet,we are years behind many nations at international level
Hodgson on 22:20 - Mar 6 with 1068 viewsKenBoon

Hodgson on 17:59 - Mar 6 by nordenblue

The players dont perform as we are simply not good enough and nowhere near the standards our press would have you believe in "the best league in the world",when Bayern played Arsenal Pepe was asked about Jack Wiltshire and his response was spot on,there's literally hundreds of similar players dotted around Spain.To be fair to the lad hes probably one of our technically best players with a ball at his feet,we are years behind many nations at international level

Pepe

England are still best summed up by the spine of the post-Euro '96 FourFourTwo magazine (when it was good). "England are either the best Team in the world or the Worst. We are neither".

The national team job is The Impossible Job. England win the three important qualifiers, then lose two and they're rubbish. Amazing.
Hodgson on 08:51 - Mar 7 with 986 viewsdingdangblue

Hodgson on 22:20 - Mar 6 by KenBoon

Pepe

England are still best summed up by the spine of the post-Euro '96 FourFourTwo magazine (when it was good). "England are either the best Team in the world or the Worst. We are neither".

The national team job is The Impossible Job. England win the three important qualifiers, then lose two and they're rubbish. Amazing.

Spot on Ken, the reaction to Weds nights game has been amazing. So what if Rooney didn't have a great game - he's done his job getting us there WHEN IT MATTERED. The best thing to come out of Weds was Sturridge continuing his great goal run and the performances of Lallana and Shaw.

Hodgson on 11:19 - Mar 7 with 956 viewsnordenblue

Hodgson on 22:20 - Mar 6 by KenBoon

Pepe

Winning not a tap for half a century would indicate we are pretty shite id say as a national side regardless of the performance the other night?Theres only so far the great English spirit and determination will get you when we're so technically inferior to many nations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024