Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FCUM 16:36 - May 16 with 5667 viewsWhiteyBFC

That breakaway Man Utd club. Had nearly 4,000 there for the opening of their newly built stadium. What are the thoughts or what is the general consensus among Rochdale supporters regards this club?

Are they yet another threat to the likes of yourself, Oldham, Bury etc? In the same way you suggest that City and United take all your fans.
FCUM on 17:13 - May 16 with 4780 viewsChaffRAFC

I don't have a problem with them. I know a fair few who do. I didn't particularly like the Glazer takeover at the time and some fan went that bit further and protested against it. Their decision.

Pleased for them with the success they've had. Losing to them in the FA Cup hurt my pride an awful lot but not because of who it was but because of how low down they were. I thought the atmosphere their fans produced on the night was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at Spotland. I know a few of them were a bit naughty but overall, I left the ground feeling angry that we'd been cheated out of the game but also thinking I was fairly pleased for them.

It will be interesting to see what stance they take if they make it much further. They go against all the TV and media side of the game so if they were to make it to the football league, would they have to go against one of the main things they stood for?

There's a couple of Dale fans who go and watch them regularly.

As for them being a threat, I don't consider them a threat but I imagine that would soon change if they got into the Football League.

I go past their ground on a regular basis and it looks very nice and is in a great location. I may even take in a few games of theirs next season if I'm not watching Dale for whatever reason.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

FCUM on 18:10 - May 16 with 4670 viewsfrenzied

FCUM on 17:13 - May 16 by ChaffRAFC

I don't have a problem with them. I know a fair few who do. I didn't particularly like the Glazer takeover at the time and some fan went that bit further and protested against it. Their decision.

Pleased for them with the success they've had. Losing to them in the FA Cup hurt my pride an awful lot but not because of who it was but because of how low down they were. I thought the atmosphere their fans produced on the night was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at Spotland. I know a few of them were a bit naughty but overall, I left the ground feeling angry that we'd been cheated out of the game but also thinking I was fairly pleased for them.

It will be interesting to see what stance they take if they make it much further. They go against all the TV and media side of the game so if they were to make it to the football league, would they have to go against one of the main things they stood for?

As for them being a threat, I don't consider them a threat but I imagine that would soon change if they got into the Football League.

I go past their ground on a regular basis and it looks very nice and is in a great location. I may even take in a few games of theirs next season if I'm not watching Dale for whatever reason.

Well said Chaff

there a long way off the football league ,but the development of that club has got to be admired,very polished website and yes they do have their scroats but who doesn't ..I wish them every success..and its cheap to become a shareholder.
FCUM on 19:32 - May 16 with 4545 viewsAtThePeake

FCUM on 17:13 - May 16 by ChaffRAFC

They've already showed they're not all that serious about the TV thing when they played us on a Friday night on ESPN.

Tangled up in blue.

FCUM on 20:13 - May 16 with 4487 viewsroccydaleian

FCUM on 18:10 - May 16 by frenzied

Well said Chaff

there a long way off the football league ,but the development of that club has got to be admired,very polished website and yes they do have their scroats but who doesn't ..I wish them every success..and its cheap to become a shareholder.

Absolutely detest 'em. You're United or not. Worst day of my Dale watching life losing to them. Anyhow we'll see as they try and go up in the pyramid, when they'll eventually live life in the real world, and start needing sponsorship's etc...
FCUM on 20:39 - May 16 with 4449 viewsBartRowou

Keith Hill nodding his head along to their well-rehearsed repertoire while we floundered that night was not his finest hour.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

FCUM on 20:51 - May 16 with 4418 viewsnordenblue

FCUM on 20:13 - May 16 by roccydaleian

Absolutely detest 'em. You're United or not. Worst day of my Dale watching life losing to them. Anyhow we'll see as they try and go up in the pyramid, when they'll eventually live life in the real world, and start needing sponsorship's etc...

I totally agree with you,listening to them singing Cantona and Matt Busby songs etc is just cringe worthy.All this anti tv and sponsorship rubbish will all get ignored when they eventually need the brass to survive.
FCUM on 21:24 - May 16 with 4361 viewsKenBoon

My issue with FC United is it feels like a supporter base who want to have their cake and eat it. They're supporters of a World super power. They do the UEFA Champions League stuff. We do the plucky underdog stuff. Being small and poor is our gig. I know some of their supporter base are totally separate from Manchester, but, they're not all. They still sing Manc United songs.

Also if its true they had a stall on the Spotland Car Park during some open day then they can f**k right off. That may just be urban legend though.
FCUM on 22:46 - May 16 with 4263 viewsPDIDDY

A team like them are a threat because I know people who watch them from Bury who never went to old Trafford but bang the fcum drum, why is my ? I take the pi ss big time but never once had an answer
[Post edited 16 May 2015 23:06]

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

FCUM on 23:52 - May 16 with 4206 viewsFrog

Why should we see them as a threat to our crowds? Anyone who decides to go and watch them instead of us was never a real Daley anyway, good riddance.
FCUM on 00:36 - May 17 with 4168 viewstazzydjr

Whitey Whitey Whitey the FCUM's & the AFC Wimbledon's of the world should be scaring these big bullying money grabbing fat cats if more club were formed by these breakaways such as recently promoted Darlington 1883 these fat cats should be waking up and noticing fans are not taking it anymore Manchester City's breakaway club is Maine Road FC it's another one of those stories supporters should never be underestimated or treated like they are now even in the lower leagues there should be some sort of respect instead of this they'll pay they'll pay it every week that's how clubs lose souls and heartbeats that's how clubs lose fans that's how clubs died that's how the 1896 version of us died got far too greedy
[Post edited 17 May 2015 0:38]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

FCUM on 07:37 - May 17 with 4083 viewsjoecooke

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/champions-sa

Salford City could be another potential club to push for league status in a few years.

With the right backing i think they could sustain it as Salford has a big population.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

FCUM on 12:05 - May 17 with 3883 viewsDorsetDale

FCUM on 23:52 - May 16 by Frog

Why should we see them as a threat to our crowds? Anyone who decides to go and watch them instead of us was never a real Daley anyway, good riddance.

I think the fan issue is more a case of options. As Joe mentions, Salford also have potential.
If it's about not choosing the big boys for new football fans, the more clubs in the area the less chance of Dale being first choice.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

FCUM on 13:42 - May 17 with 3798 viewsrobshaker

FCUM on 00:36 - May 17 by tazzydjr

Whitey Whitey Whitey the FCUM's & the AFC Wimbledon's of the world should be scaring these big bullying money grabbing fat cats if more club were formed by these breakaways such as recently promoted Darlington 1883 these fat cats should be waking up and noticing fans are not taking it anymore Manchester City's breakaway club is Maine Road FC it's another one of those stories supporters should never be underestimated or treated like they are now even in the lower leagues there should be some sort of respect instead of this they'll pay they'll pay it every week that's how clubs lose souls and heartbeats that's how clubs lose fans that's how clubs died that's how the 1896 version of us died got far too greedy
[Post edited 17 May 2015 0:38]

main rd fc are not citys breakaway club they have been around donkeys years, there was talk of city fans adopting them officially as a rival to fc utd a few year ago, don't know what happened with that but even if they have they are still not a breakaway club tazzy.

why would city fans want a breakaway club??
FCUM on 13:47 - May 17 with 3790 viewsSJE_Dale

I will always have a slight distaste for FCUM purely based on the night they beat us in the FA Cup, worst night of being a Rochdale fan for myself as we'd become a laughing stock on national TV when we were finally beginning to beat our own stigma.

Also, I feel that there is a huge amount of arrogance that emanates from the FC group of fans. They feel as though they're entitled to the football league and greatness. I think they will start to come up short if make it into the Conference and start to meet teams who also think the same (the likes of Grimsby, Bristol, Wrexham) the difference being those clubs have the history and backing to match. In terms of taking the sponsorship plunge as well they've already shown they are willing too. Our ESPN game, and a lot of their facilities have been funded by an FA scheme where the investment in that comes from TV money.

Saying that, I have been to watch FC a few times over the past couple of years and you can admire what they are doing. It is cheap entertainment and probably proves in itself that the quality of the football on show doesn't really matter that much too them as their fans just want to support a team they feel like is theirs.

As far as losing fans I don't think that will affect us much at all, they've settled in Newton Heath so will most likely try and build a support based around that area. The main negative I seem to find is that will they ever have their own identity? I'm not so sure and that thread of being a United protest will always hang over them which is not something I would particularly want as a supporter as things start to get more serious into the full time side of football
FCUM on 15:55 - May 17 with 3699 viewsnordenblue

FCUM on 13:42 - May 17 by robshaker

main rd fc are not citys breakaway club they have been around donkeys years, there was talk of city fans adopting them officially as a rival to fc utd a few year ago, don't know what happened with that but even if they have they are still not a breakaway club tazzy.

Darlington only formed due to the league club going bust,nothing to do with being a rival club,his heads full of broken biscuits tbf
FCUM on 15:58 - May 17 with 3699 viewsBobbyjoe

FCUM on 23:52 - May 16 by Frog

Right on! Can't just be letting any old Tom, Dick or Harriet through the hallowed portals. Perhaps a brief quiz at the turnstiles to demonstrate they're of pure faith.
FCUM on 16:05 - May 17 with 3676 views442Dale

FCUM on 15:58 - May 17 by Bobbyjoe

Right on! Can't just be letting any old Tom, Dick or Harriet through the hallowed portals. Perhaps a brief quiz at the turnstiles to demonstrate they're of pure faith.

What would you have as Question 1?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FCUM on 16:15 - May 17 with 3668 viewstazzydjr

FCUM on 13:42 - May 17 by robshaker

Yeah Rob they are still about alive and kicking in The North West Counties Football League Premier Division (An league below Evo-stik Northern League - North Division)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/maineroad/

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

FCUM on 23:13 - May 17 with 3489 viewsrobshaker

FCUM on 16:15 - May 17 by tazzydjr

Yeah Rob they are still about alive and kicking in The North West Counties Football League Premier Division (An league below Evo-stik Northern League - North Division)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/maineroad/

yeah I know what league their in, their not man citys break away club tho are they! City don't have one they have no need for one.
FCUM on 23:59 - May 17 with 3445 viewsBobbyjoe

FCUM on 16:05 - May 17 by 442Dale

What would you have as Question 1?

Are you a poofter?
FCUM on 12:40 - May 18 with 3272 viewsParkinsGimp

Cant stand the feckers...they should of put their efforts into their local teams..they act like spoiled brats and behaved disgracefully at ours for their cheating cup final.... just lairy mancs really . Hope we never meet them again, I wont put up with their bullying fans, who ride around the lower leagues trying to be the big I am.
FC SCum .
FCUM on 13:24 - May 18 with 3227 viewsBarryStrange

FCUM on 21:24 - May 16 by KenBoon

My issue with FC United is it feels like a supporter base who want to have their cake and eat it. They're supporters of a World super power. They do the UEFA Champions League stuff. We do the plucky underdog stuff. Being small and poor is our gig. I know some of their supporter base are totally separate from Manchester, but, they're not all. They still sing Manc United songs.

Also if its true they had a stall on the Spotland Car Park during some open day then they can f**k right off. That may just be urban legend though.

You've summed them up in a sentence there for me. We've never played them competitively - a lot of friendlies when they were our tenants, we won them all but no experience like Dale had in the FA Cup - so what they are like in the heat of battle I don't know, but it's the pick and choose Man Utd attitude that annoys me - the Man Utd songs, United identity that they propagate as they see fit, I fond myself screaming inside "YOU ARE NOT MAN UNITED, YOU ARE A NON-LEAGUE CLUB AND ALWAYS BLOODY HAVE BEEN".

If you want to secede from United, you start again, you don't get to claim their successes as yours since they still exist.

The other thing that winds me up, and like Didds I have never ever had an even vaguely satisfactory answer to this, is why United fans go and watch them? Would they go and watch Altrincham, at a higher level of non-league football? Never. Do they go and watch Dale, Oldham or Bury - cheaper then United yet playing better football against professional opponents than FCUM? No. Why are they going to watch FCUM then? I don't understand how or why anyone, least of all MUFC fans, has any affection for them.

Et finalement, and this really follows on from that second point, for a long time there were 9 Football League clubs in Greater Manchester (since lost Macc and Stockport, the former still playing higher than FCUM) - the last thing we needed was another club competing in the same market. It's why I'm so thrilled all the Class of 92 are investing in Salford. We really don't need them to become any sort of viable alternative.
FCUM on 13:26 - May 18 with 3221 viewsdingdangblue

I admire their objective of offering cheap affordable football, non profit making and can only applaud the effort they have made in 10 years coming from nothing to having their own modern ground and facilities. The whole 'Glazer hating' songs and singing about 'Cantona' and the old Man Utd I find a bit tiresome - Man Utd had long become harder to afford well before the Glazers turned up - their anger should be aimed more at the Premier League rather than the Glazers. I imagine most FCUM fans still watch Sky Sports and Man Utd whenever they are on tv.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FCUM on 13:52 - May 18 with 3196 viewstazzydjr

I've just noticed FCUM & Curzon Ashton are now in same League as Stockport County it must be heartbreaking for Hatters Fans from playing the Leeds United's & Norwich City's of the world to play sides like this it just shows the other side of not having stability in League 1 and that the trap door which leads to Conference can be very damaging

FCUM on 16:05 - May 18 with 3119 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fc-united-an

One thing you notice from the photos is nearly every fan is wearing a replica shirt and scarf.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024