Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff United now all ticket 17:18 - Feb 27 with 15126 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/at-home-sheffield-united-35

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheff United now all ticket on 20:21 - Feb 27 with 7105 viewspioneer

we've fallen for that one before! Ill take the 'risk'. If I can't buy one on the day I suspect life will go on .
Sheff United now all ticket on 20:34 - Feb 27 with 7073 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sheff United now all ticket on 20:21 - Feb 27 by pioneer

we've fallen for that one before! Ill take the 'risk'. If I can't buy one on the day I suspect life will go on .

Usually advertised as all ticket, then relaxed nearer the day. It would be odd to make it all ticket on Monday and change it Saturday, probably fearing 1000+ extra yarkshire types in home end

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sheff United now all ticket on 20:42 - Feb 27 with 7043 viewsTVOS1907

Sheff United now all ticket on 20:34 - Feb 27 by rochdaleriddler

Usually advertised as all ticket, then relaxed nearer the day. It would be odd to make it all ticket on Monday and change it Saturday, probably fearing 1000+ extra yarkshire types in home end

They sold out of tickets on Friday, so I imagine this is to offset the scenario you mention.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sheff United now all ticket on 07:22 - Feb 28 with 6728 viewsTheRazor

"Yorkshire type" here - in peace. Actually, I'm from Derbyshire. But I'm a Blades supporter and even though I've got trillions of loyalty points I missed out on getting myself a ticket for the Rochdale game on saturday. I just left it too late. My own stupid fault.

I went online and bought a ticket from the Rochdale site. I was planning to sit in the home end on Wilbutts Lane - but about an hour after the transaction had gone through, the Spotlands Internet Security Division were on my case. They'd noticed my Sheffield address and phoned me up to say they were blocking the ticket. They refunded my card with the price of the ticket, but not the admin fee. So, I lost a quid. Not that I'm so bothered about that - but I would have liked to have gone to the game.

Just for the record...I'm a 60 year old bloke. I was going to the game on my own. I'm not interested in boozing and feighting. I just wanted to watch my team, that's all. I don't wear scarves and badges and shell-suits. I don't stand up and scream abuse at players or go crackers when we score. I just wanted to sit and enjoy watching one of the best Sheffield United teams I've seen for many a few years actually. And by all accounts, a good Rochdale team too, who I hope might sneak themselves into a play off spot.

Anyhow - it seems like it's not to be. Which is a shame. I'd have been willing to pay a bit more than face value for a ticket. But I guess I'll get dragged around the shops by my wife now instead.
Sheff United now all ticket on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 6648 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sheff United now all ticket on 07:22 - Feb 28 by TheRazor

"Yorkshire type" here - in peace. Actually, I'm from Derbyshire. But I'm a Blades supporter and even though I've got trillions of loyalty points I missed out on getting myself a ticket for the Rochdale game on saturday. I just left it too late. My own stupid fault.

I went online and bought a ticket from the Rochdale site. I was planning to sit in the home end on Wilbutts Lane - but about an hour after the transaction had gone through, the Spotlands Internet Security Division were on my case. They'd noticed my Sheffield address and phoned me up to say they were blocking the ticket. They refunded my card with the price of the ticket, but not the admin fee. So, I lost a quid. Not that I'm so bothered about that - but I would have liked to have gone to the game.

Just for the record...I'm a 60 year old bloke. I was going to the game on my own. I'm not interested in boozing and feighting. I just wanted to watch my team, that's all. I don't wear scarves and badges and shell-suits. I don't stand up and scream abuse at players or go crackers when we score. I just wanted to sit and enjoy watching one of the best Sheffield United teams I've seen for many a few years actually. And by all accounts, a good Rochdale team too, who I hope might sneak themselves into a play off spot.

Anyhow - it seems like it's not to be. Which is a shame. I'd have been willing to pay a bit more than face value for a ticket. But I guess I'll get dragged around the shops by my wife now instead.

It is a shame, but I do remember some of your fans getting a bit lairy when we beat you. Might yet be pay on the day.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sheff United now all ticket on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 6615 viewsdawlishdale

This decision will have been taken out of the clubs hands by the Police. There is no way that RAFC would have made the game all ticket, and this decision will lower the number of home fans.

Sheff U were always going to sell out given their league position and fantastic fan base. Plus the trouble some of their fans caused a couple of years back will not have been forgotten by the local plod.
Sheff United now all ticket on 10:01 - Feb 28 with 6562 viewsvisualman

hope they have cleaned the seats now they have sold them all
after the last time they should know better
Sheff United now all ticket on 11:05 - Feb 28 with 6477 viewsParkinsGimp

Sheff United now all ticket on 08:47 - Feb 28 by rochdaleriddler

It is a shame, but I do remember some of your fans getting a bit lairy when we beat you. Might yet be pay on the day.

i remember them in the 80's all over the show and trying to stab my mate , horrible bunch of sods.... I am sure some will try to get in.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheff United now all ticket on 12:55 - Feb 28 with 6302 viewsTheRazor

Sheff United now all ticket on 11:05 - Feb 28 by ParkinsGimp

i remember them in the 80's all over the show and trying to stab my mate , horrible bunch of sods.... I am sure some will try to get in.

I can't be certain, but I bet I was at that game. I remember one game in Lancashire, and it was either Oldham or Rochdale, in the 1980's when some of our fans went crackers about some dodgy refereeing decisions, as they saw it, and started causing trouble. Disgraceful tbh. But all clubs have them and being a club with a big fan base we've got our fair share of them I suppose. No more so than any other similar sized club but even one is too many.

We're not all of that ilk though. In fact, it's a tiny minority, but I can understand why people are quick to generalise. I hope you didn't experience any bother when you came to the Lane?

TBH - my view on Rochdale fans is that they are a decent set of folk. I used to live in Blackburn some years ago and worked all around Lancashire. Never had any issues with any Lancashire folks and always found them very welcoming, self-effacing and friendly. When we played you at yours a few seasons ago and we won by some margin (can't remember the score now, but I think we scored 4 or 5 - we had a good team then with Kevin McDonald, Lee Williamson, Ched Evans) your fans were superb in that standing area behind the goal. I can't remember the chant now but it was something very humorous, taking the mick out of themselves. All the Blades fans around me were laughing and applauding - it was a great moment.

It's how football should be imo. Why the hell we can't all be on the same terrace and enjoy a bit of banter with each other I don't know. I think it all started to go wrong in the 70's tbh. It's not nearly so bad these days, but you can't legislate for some of the morons who go to the game.

One of our fans got attacked after the match v Bolton last saturday. Some middle aged bloke with his young son got attacked by a Bolton fan with a bottle. Left him lying in a pool of blood on the pavement, not far from the ground, with his poor son looking on. Thankfully, the scrote was caught and arrested, so I'm led to believe. I'm sure he's not representative of the Bolton fans any more than some of our scrotes are representative of the majority of us.

Anyhow - enjoy the game. I think we'll see a good game of football. United are playing some lovely stuff this season - best I've seen in years tbh. Quick, passing, attacking football. I think even the opposition fans are appreciating that (apart from them Bolton mardy bums! who've done nothing but complain about the beating we gave them last saturday!)
Sheff United now all ticket on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 6230 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 12:55 - Feb 28 by TheRazor

I can't be certain, but I bet I was at that game. I remember one game in Lancashire, and it was either Oldham or Rochdale, in the 1980's when some of our fans went crackers about some dodgy refereeing decisions, as they saw it, and started causing trouble. Disgraceful tbh. But all clubs have them and being a club with a big fan base we've got our fair share of them I suppose. No more so than any other similar sized club but even one is too many.

We're not all of that ilk though. In fact, it's a tiny minority, but I can understand why people are quick to generalise. I hope you didn't experience any bother when you came to the Lane?

TBH - my view on Rochdale fans is that they are a decent set of folk. I used to live in Blackburn some years ago and worked all around Lancashire. Never had any issues with any Lancashire folks and always found them very welcoming, self-effacing and friendly. When we played you at yours a few seasons ago and we won by some margin (can't remember the score now, but I think we scored 4 or 5 - we had a good team then with Kevin McDonald, Lee Williamson, Ched Evans) your fans were superb in that standing area behind the goal. I can't remember the chant now but it was something very humorous, taking the mick out of themselves. All the Blades fans around me were laughing and applauding - it was a great moment.

It's how football should be imo. Why the hell we can't all be on the same terrace and enjoy a bit of banter with each other I don't know. I think it all started to go wrong in the 70's tbh. It's not nearly so bad these days, but you can't legislate for some of the morons who go to the game.

One of our fans got attacked after the match v Bolton last saturday. Some middle aged bloke with his young son got attacked by a Bolton fan with a bottle. Left him lying in a pool of blood on the pavement, not far from the ground, with his poor son looking on. Thankfully, the scrote was caught and arrested, so I'm led to believe. I'm sure he's not representative of the Bolton fans any more than some of our scrotes are representative of the majority of us.

Anyhow - enjoy the game. I think we'll see a good game of football. United are playing some lovely stuff this season - best I've seen in years tbh. Quick, passing, attacking football. I think even the opposition fans are appreciating that (apart from them Bolton mardy bums! who've done nothing but complain about the beating we gave them last saturday!)

Cheers Razor, and enjoy the game too though not the result

btw ParkinsGimp isn't representative of this messageboard either

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:41 - Feb 28 with 6161 viewsjudd

Sheff United now all ticket on 13:54 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Cheers Razor, and enjoy the game too though not the result

btw ParkinsGimp isn't representative of this messageboard either

Why not?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:48 - Feb 28 with 6147 viewsfitzochris

Has anyone tried to purchase tickets in person at the club today? Turned up first thing only to be told the internet was down and no tickets could be sold as a result. Was told to return in half an hour. Half an hour later, the internet was still down, so no sales possible. Five hours later, the same.

The ticket office won’t open until 12.30pm tomorrow because of an all-staff meeting apparently.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 14:54]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:09 - Feb 28 with 6093 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:48 - Feb 28 by fitzochris

Has anyone tried to purchase tickets in person at the club today? Turned up first thing only to be told the internet was down and no tickets could be sold as a result. Was told to return in half an hour. Half an hour later, the internet was still down, so no sales possible. Five hours later, the same.

The ticket office won’t open until 12.30pm tomorrow because of an all-staff meeting apparently.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 14:54]

This was tweeted earlier and looks like 41 mins ago it's still down.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:26 - Feb 28 with 6041 viewsPDIDDY

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:09 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

This was tweeted earlier and looks like 41 mins ago it's still down.

Bill been paid? 😎😎

Gissa job

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:44 - Feb 28 with 5997 viewsRosun

It's a bit of pi$$er, especially considering the way they accommodated us earlier this season.

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/08/dale-supporters-invited-to-blades-bar/
Sheff United now all ticket on 15:44 - Feb 28 with 5997 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:26 - Feb 28 by PDIDDY

Bill been paid? 😎😎

Don't judge all clubs by your own club's standards. You knew that was coming. Did you hear we sold a player for real money? Only bills we have are ones marked paid! They are like unopened bills except they get you into less trouble!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 15:45]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:46 - Feb 28 with 5984 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:41 - Feb 28 by judd

Why not?

Representative of a particular viewpoint, in the same way as those TheRazor was describing are representative of a certain group among Blades fans who he wouldn't wish others to perceive as representative of his club

Happy to clarify

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:56 - Feb 28 with 5950 viewsdingdangblue

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:26 - Feb 28 by PDIDDY

Bill been paid? 😎😎

We could hold a fans forum to raise some cash.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:58 - Feb 28 with 5949 viewsjudd

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:46 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Representative of a particular viewpoint, in the same way as those TheRazor was describing are representative of a certain group among Blades fans who he wouldn't wish others to perceive as representative of his club

Happy to clarify

"btw ParkinsGimp isn't representative of this messageboard either "

In your high and fookin' mighty opinion he isn't representative of this messageboard.

Individuals represent themselves on here in most cases, the commonality of representation being we are mainly Rochdale fans and probably that's all we have in common.

Thank fook.

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:02 - Feb 28 with 5935 viewsPDIDDY

Hey up, the plane's landed

Gissa job

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:46 - Feb 28 with 5836 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:58 - Feb 28 by judd

"btw ParkinsGimp isn't representative of this messageboard either "

In your high and fookin' mighty opinion he isn't representative of this messageboard.

Individuals represent themselves on here in most cases, the commonality of representation being we are mainly Rochdale fans and probably that's all we have in common.

Thank fook.

Oh, just f*ck off

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:48 - Feb 28 with 5820 viewsjudd

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:46 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Oh, just f*ck off

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:47 - Feb 28 with 5676 viewsD_Alien

"Commonality"

Sheff United now all ticket on 18:18 - Feb 28 with 5625 viewsalderleydale

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:46 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Happy to clarify

Lets be fair DA you do seem to jump all over every syllable that Parkins Gimp posts, well you and one other keyboard warrior.

At times I feel its tantamount to bullying or intimidation, so glad to see Judd having a go back at you

Gimps post last week only said he felt the club should maybe have gone out and signed a striker and maybe a centre half instead of two left backs, its exactly what I was thinking and like PG I felt absolutely PEED off especially as the club where in such a fantastic position and with both centre forwards out injured at the time.

But you and the other warrior took it upon yourselves to try and shout him down again
Give the guy a fookin break and get off his back.

Why don't you and your warrior mate get a life and stop feeling that you need to contribute to every single post.

THERES A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE!!!!!
Sheff United now all ticket on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 5614 views442Dale

The issues today and the PP of the game means the club will have to have a contingency in place for selling tickets.

Expect there to be a late night opening announced very soon.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024