Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA 10:29 - Feb 3 with 4504 viewsSpringHeeledJack

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/02/03/an-open-letter-to-the-fa-on-car

Almost as embarrassing as Chico's play acting. His point seems to be that the FA should be lenient on Carroll because England need him at the World Cup and the Olympic Stadium shouldn't be home to a Championship club.

@SwanThisDay

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 10:48 - Feb 3 with 4428 viewsGretsch

Great fan he is quote "Andy Carroll’s red card received at Swansea on Saturday " and "good draw at Chelsea and a much needed win at Swansea"

Obviously weren't there was he?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 10:50]
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 10:53 - Feb 3 with 4400 viewsGretsch

Comedy gold, Carroll didnt want to hurt Chico, but Chico reached a arm around Andy’s throat and then purposely tried to hurt him.

If he hadnt said he has a nine year old child, I would have thought he was no more than 12 himself
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 4359 viewsWarwickHunt

That's f*cking excruciating.

He'd have been better off writing to Carroll and telling him not to be such a dirty, cynical, snidey c*nt on the pitch.

I hope Fat Sam does appeal - it will be a four match ban then.

GRAHAM POLL

Andy Carroll deserved to be sent off and West Ham should resist the temptation to appeal as they run the risk of a ‘frivolous’ appeal resulting in the ban being four matches.

There were two incidents between Carroll and Swansea’s Chico Flores and the first should have resulted in a yellow card as the West Ham striker’s flailing arm caught the defender in the face. It was not an elbow and there was no intention to harm Flores, but he did catch him.

The second-half incident which resulted in Carroll’s dismissal was very different.

The same two players became tangled following another aerial challenge and, as they landed and started to separate, Carroll threw his arm out in a violent manner. The expression on his face confirms the intensity. The law does not require any contact.

A player should be penalised for ‘striking or attempting to strike’ another player, so any arguments about the extreme reaction, or rather over-reaction, of Flores are irrelevant.

Of course, there has to be disappointment at Flores rolling around as if severely injured, but if we are to enjoy the sublime skills of Suarez, Aguero and Van Persie then we have to accept the excesses of other imports, such as Flores.
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:33 - Feb 3 with 4238 viewsScoobyWho

West Ham are cu nts. Its deserved. I hope it fu cks em.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:35 - Feb 3 with 4216 viewsicecoldjack

Am i right in thinking Andy Carroll has short armed a few Swans players these last few years ? the fcker should have walked in our championship game at the liberty for the same kind of dirty play, he aint daft he knows what he is doing ,its his game,old school see...
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:45 - Feb 3 with 4181 viewsepaul

That letter *cringeworthy*

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 14:21 - Feb 3 with 3816 viewsepaul

http://www.ftbpro.com/reader/swansea/673580/see-you-in-court-west-ham-threaten-f

West Ham are ready to go to the High Court if Andy Carroll loses his appeal against the red card he received in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
The England striker was sent off following an innocuous clash with defender Chico Flores, who fell to the ground and rolled around clutching his face in apparent pain.
Replays showed Carroll’s arm brushing the top of Flores’s head.
Sportsmail understands Howard Webb stands by his decision to send off West Ham’s Andy Carroll having reviewed the red card against Swansea.
You're off: Andy Carroll heads towards the tunnel after being shown a red card by referee Howard Webb+4
You're off: Andy Carroll heads towards the tunnel after being shown a red card by referee Howard Webb
Accident? Carroll catches the top of Chico Flores' head but the defender went down clutching his face+4
Accident? Carroll catches the top of Chico Flores' head but the defender went down clutching his face
West Ham are incensed by what they see as a blatant injustice and could mount a legal challenge if Carroll’s three-match ban isn’t rescinded. Club officials believe the FA’s appeals procedure is flawed under European law.
Flores took to Twitter to defend his actions but Swansea supporters used online forums to vent their anger against the Spaniard. Carroll set up both of Kevin Nolan’s goals to seal victory before his clash with Flores, who has previous for such histrionics against the Hammers.
He and Sam Allardyce were involved in a spat in October when the defender went down clutching his face following an innocuous challenge from Carlton Cole.

KtMuM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 3773 viewsYougle

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:35 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

Am i right in thinking Andy Carroll has short armed a few Swans players these last few years ? the fcker should have walked in our championship game at the liberty for the same kind of dirty play, he aint daft he knows what he is doing ,its his game,old school see...

Those antics against us were the very reason why Brendan Rodgers didn't want him at Liverpool.

So very much like Chico, Carroll doesn't learn from previous mistakes. 4 match ban, please.
Login to get fewer ads

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 14:40 - Feb 3 with 3723 viewsLaudrup

GRAHAM POLL: Quote: "Of course, there has to be disappointment at Flores rolling around as if severely injured, but if we are to enjoy the sublime skills of Suarez, Aguero and Van Persie then we have to accept the excesses of other imports, such as Flores."

"excesses of other imports"??? Yeah because it's not like Suarez has ever done any excessive play acting... WTF. He's even worse than Chico, and even bites of your arm on top of that.

I hate signatures

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 15:26 - Feb 3 with 3607 viewsWarwickHunt

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 14:21 - Feb 3 by epaul

http://www.ftbpro.com/reader/swansea/673580/see-you-in-court-west-ham-threaten-f

West Ham are ready to go to the High Court if Andy Carroll loses his appeal against the red card he received in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
The England striker was sent off following an innocuous clash with defender Chico Flores, who fell to the ground and rolled around clutching his face in apparent pain.
Replays showed Carroll’s arm brushing the top of Flores’s head.
Sportsmail understands Howard Webb stands by his decision to send off West Ham’s Andy Carroll having reviewed the red card against Swansea.
You're off: Andy Carroll heads towards the tunnel after being shown a red card by referee Howard Webb+4
You're off: Andy Carroll heads towards the tunnel after being shown a red card by referee Howard Webb
Accident? Carroll catches the top of Chico Flores' head but the defender went down clutching his face+4
Accident? Carroll catches the top of Chico Flores' head but the defender went down clutching his face
West Ham are incensed by what they see as a blatant injustice and could mount a legal challenge if Carroll’s three-match ban isn’t rescinded. Club officials believe the FA’s appeals procedure is flawed under European law.
Flores took to Twitter to defend his actions but Swansea supporters used online forums to vent their anger against the Spaniard. Carroll set up both of Kevin Nolan’s goals to seal victory before his clash with Flores, who has previous for such histrionics against the Hammers.
He and Sam Allardyce were involved in a spat in October when the defender went down clutching his face following an innocuous challenge from Carlton Cole.

KtMuM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fair play, that's f*cking hilarious. HIgh court.

The law is ‘striking or attempting to strike’ another player. Contact is immaterial.

"Err, I was just practisin' me Nureyev moves and the geezer got in the way. Honest, guv."
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 15:50 - Feb 3 with 3549 viewsDevz00

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 11:35 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

Yep. As I remember it, he elbowed Monk in the face then went on to score the equaliser at the Liberty.

EDIT - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8511334.stm

"But Carroll could find himself fortunate not to have been sent off moments before his goal after being booked for an elbow on Swans captain Garry Monk."

Look at the line ups! Routledge playing for them and Cotterill scored for us
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 15:52]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:11 - Feb 3 with 3466 viewsBaker

Maybe he should re-tell that happy tale of when Carroll glassed a lad in a Newcastle nightclub to his nine year old boy?

Or maybe the time he playfully used 'self defence' against his girlfriend.

Or the time he hurt his hand when he mistakenly came into contact with a team-mates jaw....

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:12 - Feb 3 with 3463 viewsDarran

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:11 - Feb 3 by Baker

Maybe he should re-tell that happy tale of when Carroll glassed a lad in a Newcastle nightclub to his nine year old boy?

Or maybe the time he playfully used 'self defence' against his girlfriend.

Or the time he hurt his hand when he mistakenly came into contact with a team-mates jaw....

Good post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:14 - Feb 3 with 3453 viewsRancid

The FA don't like him and hopefully they'll go by the letter of the law and not some West Ham cockwatcher.A result for us if they do
A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:15 - Feb 3 with 3451 viewsBaker

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 16:12 - Feb 3 by Darran

Good post.

Thanks!

You can find more like this at www.theja....

[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 16:15]

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 17:01 - Feb 3 with 3329 viewsDull1Thomas

TBF to West Ham Andy Carroll is all they've got so they will have to explore every avenue to get him back. Allardyce and his teams tend to be bullies and threat of high court action is an attempt to bully the footballing powers to ease the situation. Without Carroll the chances of them picking up points is slim and the drop beckons. When he concentrates of football he is a huge asset, unfortunately, for the clubs he play for, he also a liability.
There is no doubt he threw his arm back in order to strike Chico, it was just a question of where he would hit him. In real time and on replay it was obvious he made contact with Chico's face somewhere around the forehead, which was a little higher than he caught him earlier in the game, and is head jerked back on impact.
Should Chico have rolled around? No, it could have taken the ref's attention away from the elbowing. Should he have made it obvious he had been elbowed? Yes. Had he not gone down the chances are Carroll would have got away with another assault, as he had done earlier and in many other games.
How often have we seen our players carry on after being fouled only for the ref to ignore the fact. Even at West Ham some of their players were going to ground very, very, easily and were getting the decisions.
Al in all I think Chico should curb the theatricals but I will not condemn a player for being fouled.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 3264 viewsDavillin

It's like the WWF nowadays. Andy "Badass" Carroll and his manager Sam "The Magician" Allerdyce, who is lacking only the fright wig and the all too colourful pimp suit.

The article writes about some innocuous entanglement before the elbow, but anyone who looks at the video with even a dot of objectivity will see that "Badass" threw on a flying chicken wing [or whatever they call it], then a hip toss [or whatever they call it], followed by a body slam. Except poor Chico never got to the ground as his face was smashed into his knee. If that's not "violent conduct" in the WWF, it damm sure is in football.

Only after that did Chico bounce at a 90 degree angle to an upright position only to have "Badass" hit him with a spinning back elbow [or whatever they call it].

It doesn't matter a helluva lot how solid that spinning back elbow was, or how many times Chico rolled on the ground! "The Magician" is trying to turn that into the reason for the red card, using the old magic trick of misdirection away from the truly violent conduct.

The previous violent conduct was indeed violent, and should have been [actually, inasmuch as we haven't heard from the ref, might have been] the reason for the red card.

I, too, hope Carroll gets a few more games, but I seriously doubt it. I hope there's some kind of penalty for Allerdyce, the terminally dishonest "football manager."

Check video Chico put online and you'll see that I'm right.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 17:31 - Feb 3 with 3245 viewsPlasticman

A West Ham fan's open letter to the FA on 17:01 - Feb 3 by Dull1Thomas

TBF to West Ham Andy Carroll is all they've got so they will have to explore every avenue to get him back. Allardyce and his teams tend to be bullies and threat of high court action is an attempt to bully the footballing powers to ease the situation. Without Carroll the chances of them picking up points is slim and the drop beckons. When he concentrates of football he is a huge asset, unfortunately, for the clubs he play for, he also a liability.
There is no doubt he threw his arm back in order to strike Chico, it was just a question of where he would hit him. In real time and on replay it was obvious he made contact with Chico's face somewhere around the forehead, which was a little higher than he caught him earlier in the game, and is head jerked back on impact.
Should Chico have rolled around? No, it could have taken the ref's attention away from the elbowing. Should he have made it obvious he had been elbowed? Yes. Had he not gone down the chances are Carroll would have got away with another assault, as he had done earlier and in many other games.
How often have we seen our players carry on after being fouled only for the ref to ignore the fact. Even at West Ham some of their players were going to ground very, very, easily and were getting the decisions.
Al in all I think Chico should curb the theatricals but I will not condemn a player for being fouled.

Hopefully, this will be a case of: "they won the battle, we won the war"

;)

If they go down because they can't pick up points in the games they miss Carroll, I, for one, won't shed a tear.

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024