Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly back at Swansea 13:52 - Feb 3 with 15009 viewsSwanjaxs

According to the Coventry Telegraph, personal reasons apparently

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Donnelly back at Swansea on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 9086 views_Kieran

Does it suggest what those personal reasons were? Because he needs to be playing games.

Something tells me they're not too bothered at Coventry ...

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 9047 viewsjacabertawe

Hmmmmmmmm. Something is up...

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/donnelly_back_to_swansea_823507/inde

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:03 - Feb 3 with 9007 views_Kieran

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:01 - Feb 3 by jacabertawe

Hmmmmmmmm. Something is up...

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/donnelly_back_to_swansea_823507/inde

City are being quoted, by the Coventry Telegraph, as saying that "they hope to resolve the situation with Donnelly and are working with Swansea to do that."

Odd ...

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:05 - Feb 3 with 8991 viewsSwanjaxs

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:03 - Feb 3 by _Kieran

City are being quoted, by the Coventry Telegraph, as saying that "they hope to resolve the situation with Donnelly and are working with Swansea to do that."

Odd ...

Could be anything, family perhaps, does seem odd though

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:10 - Feb 3 with 8924 views_Kieran

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:05 - Feb 3 by Swanjaxs

Could be anything, family perhaps, does seem odd though

His family live in Belfast and he could had took his girlfriend/dog with him (To Coventry.)
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 14:11]

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 8891 viewsSwanjaxs

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:10 - Feb 3 by _Kieran

His family live in Belfast and he could had took his girlfriend/dog with him (To Coventry.)
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 14:11]

Obviously his family is in Belfast mate, its a forty minute flight from Cardiff, but hey personal reasons could be anything

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:44 - Feb 3 with 8659 viewsLaudrup

Wow, that was quick, did he even have time to open his suitcase up there?

I hate signatures

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:59 - Feb 3 with 8529 viewsLaudrup

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/on-loan-striker-ro

On-loan striker Rory Donnelly returns to Swansea for personal reasons

3 Feb 2014 14:23

Steven Pressley hoping situation can be worked out but 21-year-old will be missing against Bristol City

Coventry City’s latest loan striker Rory Donnelly has returned to Swansea before he’s even kicked a ball in anger for the Sky Blues.

The 21-year-old was in line to make his debut alongside fellow transfer window recruit Nathan Delfouneso against Bristol City tomorrow night but has gone back to his parent club for personal reasons.

However, Coventry boss Steven Pressley remains hopeful the situation can be resolved, saying: “Both clubs are working on a solution to the situation but he’ll certainly not be available for tomorrow night.

“It’s a disappointment because we obviously worked hard to get in a couple of strikers ahead of the window closing but that’s football and that’s what we’re faced with.”

His absence means Franck Moussa is set to retain his place as a supporting striker when City travel to Ashton Gate.

Meanwhile, John Fleck and another new recruit, Dylan McGeouch — a wide midfielder from Celtic — sat out training today with a sickness bug, but Pressley remains hopeful they will recover in time to travel.

“We’ll see how they are overnight but hope they recover in time to play, but it’s not ideal,” he said. “It must be Scottish bird flu or something!”

I hate signatures

Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:11 - Feb 3 with 8440 viewsWarwickHunt

Donnelly back at Swansea on 14:59 - Feb 3 by Laudrup

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/on-loan-striker-ro

On-loan striker Rory Donnelly returns to Swansea for personal reasons

3 Feb 2014 14:23

Steven Pressley hoping situation can be worked out but 21-year-old will be missing against Bristol City

Coventry City’s latest loan striker Rory Donnelly has returned to Swansea before he’s even kicked a ball in anger for the Sky Blues.

The 21-year-old was in line to make his debut alongside fellow transfer window recruit Nathan Delfouneso against Bristol City tomorrow night but has gone back to his parent club for personal reasons.

However, Coventry boss Steven Pressley remains hopeful the situation can be resolved, saying: “Both clubs are working on a solution to the situation but he’ll certainly not be available for tomorrow night.

“It’s a disappointment because we obviously worked hard to get in a couple of strikers ahead of the window closing but that’s football and that’s what we’re faced with.”

His absence means Franck Moussa is set to retain his place as a supporting striker when City travel to Ashton Gate.

Meanwhile, John Fleck and another new recruit, Dylan McGeouch — a wide midfielder from Celtic — sat out training today with a sickness bug, but Pressley remains hopeful they will recover in time to travel.

“We’ll see how they are overnight but hope they recover in time to play, but it’s not ideal,” he said. “It must be Scottish bird flu or something!”

Someone explained what "being sent to Coventry" meant.
Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:27 - Feb 3 with 8305 viewsswanskid95

I heard Coventry was only intrested in bringing him on loan if the deal included a pre-contract to sign him full time after his loan, but we obviously declined, as the board see him apart of our future
Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:32 - Feb 3 with 8269 viewsTheFranchise

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:27 - Feb 3 by swanskid95

I heard Coventry was only intrested in bringing him on loan if the deal included a pre-contract to sign him full time after his loan, but we obviously declined, as the board see him apart of our future

if that was the case, he wouldn't have gone. Not gone and come straight home.

He's probably had a falling out with someone there and thought f*ck it, I'm off.
Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:34 - Feb 3 with 8260 viewsOldjack

Perhaps someone's taken a dislike to him at Coventry

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:37 - Feb 3 with 8243 viewsLaudrup

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Rory-Donnelly-returns-Swansea-City-just-

Rory Donnelly returns to Swansea City after just one training session with Coventry City

By South Wales Evening Post | Posted: February 03, 2014

RORY Donnelly has returned to Swansea City in mysterious circumstances after just one day at Coventry City.

Donnelly joined the Sky Blues on loan for the rest of the season ahead of last Friday’s transfer deadline.

But it has now emerged that he came back to Wales after only one training session for what the two clubs are calling personal reasons.

The 21-year-old had been tipped to make his Coventry debut in Tuesday night’s clash with Bristol City, but there is now no chance of that happening.

Instead, as things stand, Donnelly is expected to report for training with Swansea.

However, if he returns to the Liberty on a full-time basis, he will not even be able to play for Swansea’s under-21s before next season because he is officially a Coventry player until May.

Swansea are now speaking to Coventry in the hope that Donnelly will return to the League One side.

“Both clubs are working on a solution to the situation but he’ll certainly not be available for tomorrow night,” said Coventry boss Steven Pressley.

I hate signatures

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:42 - Feb 3 with 8183 viewsDarran

Reading all the links it sounds like Laudrups to blame if you ask me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 8153 viewsPhaedrus

I think its terrible the club didn't contact Kieran personally to let him know what was going on.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 8145 viewsClinton

according to the Coventrycity-mad link:

"Rory Donnelly has done a Robert Jarni and left Coventry City before even playing a game for the Sky Blues."

..........if Rory turns out to be a Robert Jarni, were sorted for years to come

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:54 - Feb 3 with 8084 viewsRancid

Maybe Coventry train on a Monday and Rory blew his lid.
Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:57 - Feb 3 with 8054 viewsLaudrup

So is Rory Donnelly off to Real Madrid now then?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/robert-jarni-recal

Robert Jarni recalls his ever-so-brief stay at Sky Blues

6 Jun 2013 11:38

The former Croatia left-back signed for City and then turned up in Madrid!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jarni

In the summer of 1998, Jarni initially moved to English side Coventry City, signing for £2.6m from Real Betis. However, when Real Madrid decided they wanted the player, they successfully bought him from Coventry for £3.4m with Jarni having made no appearances whatsoever. Some believe this was a joint Coventry City and Real Madrid tactic, as Betis refused to sell him to the Madrid club.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 15:58]

I hate signatures

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:58 - Feb 3 with 8048 viewsJackbustard

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:54 - Feb 3 by Rancid

Maybe Coventry train on a Monday and Rory blew his lid.

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:07 - Feb 3 with 7970 viewsRancid

I was at that game as a neutral.Coventry v Leeds it was and they paraded Jarni around the pitch with his little Cov scarf above his head.I read the following morning he'd gone to Madrid.6000 Leeds fans there that day.Just saying.
Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:31 - Feb 3 with 7822 viewsScoobyWho

Donnelly back at Swansea on 15:27 - Feb 3 by swanskid95

Oh dear, this is not the reason.

Rory has many issues, as we all know, he has had run ins at Swansea. and those issues off the pitch seem to affecting him greatly. He is a young man who needs to do a number of things, and one of them at the moment is grow up and look about himself. He is in a privileged position, earning a lot of money, knuckle down before you become the next Dai Thomas lad.

Serious.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:33 - Feb 3 with 7796 viewsDarran

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:31 - Feb 3 by ScoobyWho

Oh dear, this is not the reason.

Rory has many issues, as we all know, he has had run ins at Swansea. and those issues off the pitch seem to affecting him greatly. He is a young man who needs to do a number of things, and one of them at the moment is grow up and look about himself. He is in a privileged position, earning a lot of money, knuckle down before you become the next Dai Thomas lad.

Serious.

If you want serious I haven't heard of any.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:44 - Feb 3 with 7720 viewsicecoldjack

He probably couldnt handle the culture shock of life in L1 . They probably put him up in a travel lodge (they are skint as fook arnt they?) ala Alan partridge , and he probably has to wash his own kit like lamps did on loan with us too so being as he earns a bundle down here and does next to nothing for it he probably decided lower league football life aint for him !!

Just a theory..
Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:47 - Feb 3 with 7692 viewsBaker

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:44 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

He probably couldnt handle the culture shock of life in L1 . They probably put him up in a travel lodge (they are skint as fook arnt they?) ala Alan partridge , and he probably has to wash his own kit like lamps did on loan with us too so being as he earns a bundle down here and does next to nothing for it he probably decided lower league football life aint for him !!

Just a theory..

Aye and on top of all that, travel to Northampton once a fortnight the poor dab.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:48 - Feb 3 with 7686 viewsSwanjaxs

Donnelly back at Swansea on 16:44 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

Just a theory..

If that was the case then he shouldn't be a professional footballer ! Could be any number of reasons, let's cut the boy some slack yeah

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024