Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" 11:37 - Feb 11 with 9166 viewsSpringHeeledJack

http://www.nj.com/soccer-news/index.ssf/2014/02/swansea_shows_no_respect_to_mi.h

"Unlike Wenger, Laudrup did not receive loyalty from ownership. Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there."

Shouldn't wind me up but it does. Absolutely clueless.

@SwanThisDay

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 11:43 - Feb 11 with 5958 viewsSwanzay

Typical american view, they remembered the struggle to get there, hence why they made the change.
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 11:43 - Feb 11 with 5958 viewsDarran

No comment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 11:52 - Feb 11 with 5866 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is called FOOTBALL no Soccer. Just shows what Americans' know about it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 11:59 - Feb 11 with 5816 viewsperchrockjack

Seems we re bigging ourselves up already. GREAT STUFF

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:01 - Feb 11 with 5802 viewsItchySphincter

'Respect' doesn't keep you in the Premier League.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:05 - Feb 11 with 5760 viewsQuakerJack

Americans really shouldn't write about things they know jack about.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:06 - Feb 11 with 5758 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It's a blog some twerp has wrote in the states. I'm more amazed you managed to find it on google, it must have been on pg 20 +

Poll: What would you rather see.....

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:08 - Feb 11 with 5736 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:01 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

'Respect' doesn't keep you in the Premier League.

Nor does it relegate you
Login to get fewer ads

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:23 - Feb 11 with 5643 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:08 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Nor does it relegate you

God you're hurting aren't you ?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:30 - Feb 11 with 5591 viewsperchrockjack

I couldn't bring myself to read it.
Are some pining after Mikey or summat.
Seems some seem heartbroken about him going.

As daz says feckim.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 13:55 - Feb 11 with 5303 viewsSpringHeeledJack

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:06 - Feb 11 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

It's a blog some twerp has wrote in the states. I'm more amazed you managed to find it on google, it must have been on pg 20 +

NewsNow mush

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City

@SwanThisDay

(No subject) on 14:38 - Feb 11 with 5195 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:23 - Feb 11 by Darran

God you're hurting aren't you ?

Just a matter of respect and fairness and the warm glow of being admired for having a real classy manager who did not bullshit. Think the way we have handled this has damaged the club PR wise

Not sure if Laudrup, Laudrup ever did give us a wave but that was fine with me, makes the real relationship about the players. I saw this as modesty not coldness. Could have left us last year for the big time and big bucks but kept his word to stay. Think he is motivated differently from other managers as he has had the big club success and really wanted to do something special with us which is what he did.

A case of the irresistible force and immovable object methinks

Would have liked us to carry on to the end of the season saving £4.5 mill plus possibly getting £7 mill net for him. Confident given the quality of the team, returning injuries plus Bony really come up to speed that we would have stayed up and parted on good terms.
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:00 - Feb 11 with 5131 viewsclement

ML was a legend but we had to get rid

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:11 - Feb 11 with 5107 viewsmarchamjack

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:00 - Feb 11 by clement

He certainly won't be remembered in time as one of the Swans legends, but a very good and successful manager for us (for a time), yes.

Legend...never

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:15 - Feb 11 with 5084 viewsperchrockjack

Legend is a much overused word

(No subject) on 15:24 - Feb 11 with 5067 views2face

Why should a club show special respect or loyalty for a manager? Managers regularly sack players. So they should be able to handle it when they are on the receiving end themselves.

A club should not feel obligated to justify or explain why they sack a manager imo. As long as they replace him with someone that can do the job adequately.

Firing ML and replacing him with Monk seemed risky at the time. But early signs indicate that Monk can do the job. I can't really see why anybody would complain right now.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 15:39]
(No subject) on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 5036 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

(No subject) on 14:38 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Just a matter of respect and fairness and the warm glow of being admired for having a real classy manager who did not bullshit. Think the way we have handled this has damaged the club PR wise

Not sure if Laudrup, Laudrup ever did give us a wave but that was fine with me, makes the real relationship about the players. I saw this as modesty not coldness. Could have left us last year for the big time and big bucks but kept his word to stay. Think he is motivated differently from other managers as he has had the big club success and really wanted to do something special with us which is what he did.

A case of the irresistible force and immovable object methinks

Would have liked us to carry on to the end of the season saving £4.5 mill plus possibly getting £7 mill net for him. Confident given the quality of the team, returning injuries plus Bony really come up to speed that we would have stayed up and parted on good terms.

He's got a point .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:42 - Feb 11 with 5001 viewsGlyn1

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:00 - Feb 11 by clement

He was a successful manager for us, kept his word to us and should have stayed until the end of the season.

I haven't found ANY article saying that we would have been relegated with him in charge.

Perhaps we should have used his £4 million pay-off to give everyone a free season ticket instead, because at least the money in the local economy.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:47 - Feb 11 with 4975 viewsperchrockjack

But we wouldn't have found out until MAY so there are no articles because it would be pure conjecture.
Fact is we were heading down and therein was the problem.

I had a warm feeling too pissing myself at the thought of losing our prem status and seeing our players utterly unmotivated as at West HAM.

(No subject) on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 4955 viewsThursday

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 13:55 - Feb 11 by SpringHeeledJack

NewsNow mush

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City

Newsnow doesn't discriminate. I've seen all kinds of opinion pieces and blog crap there. Giase's a sports writer, not a blogger. When you read stuff like "Swansea turned to Michael Laudrup, who been coaching small clubs," it's easy to confuse.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 15:56]
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 4955 viewsJoe_bradshaw

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:47 - Feb 11 by perchrockjack

But we wouldn't have found out until MAY so there are no articles because it would be pure conjecture.
Fact is we were heading down and therein was the problem.

I had a warm feeling too pissing myself at the thought of losing our prem status and seeing our players utterly unmotivated as at West HAM.

You're right to say that we wouldn't have found out until May and you're right that it's pure conjecture. So how on Earth can you say in your next line that it's a fact that we were heading down?

We might have gone down if we'd kept him on and we might not.

Huw thought it was too much of a risk to keep him and that it was worth spending a lot of our money to get rid.

That's good enough for me. He's earned our trust over the last decade.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:54 - Feb 11 with 4941 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:52 - Feb 11 by Joe_bradshaw

You're right to say that we wouldn't have found out until May and you're right that it's pure conjecture. So how on Earth can you say in your next line that it's a fact that we were heading down?

We might have gone down if we'd kept him on and we might not.

Huw thought it was too much of a risk to keep him and that it was worth spending a lot of our money to get rid.

That's good enough for me. He's earned our trust over the last decade.

Hehehehe.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:57 - Feb 11 with 4921 viewsperchrockjack

easy as our performances were sending us downwards in results and points gained which is one reason we re amongst many who are of the same league in points so to speak.
This trend was taking us downwards and is the reson the Board took action to safeguard our PL status,which they felt was in danger.
Alternatively, there is nobody who could say with real conviction that we wouldn't go down.

Either way, we really shouldn't be spending this much time squabbling over the entrails of LAUDRUP S stay with us.

Our staying up this year will be a far greater achievement than winning the cap cup last year .My opinion anyway

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:35 - Feb 11 with 4739 viewsclement

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:11 - Feb 11 by marchamjack

He certainly won't be remembered in time as one of the Swans legends, but a very good and successful manager for us (for a time), yes.

Legend...never

if ML isn't a legend in football who is?

one of the world's most talented/loved/respected/awarded players.

from a PR point of view it was like sacking bambi, or santa claus.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:38 - Feb 11 with 4726 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:35 - Feb 11 by clement

if ML isn't a legend in football who is?

one of the world's most talented/loved/respected/awarded players.

from a PR point of view it was like sacking bambi, or santa claus.

What part of 'Swansea Legend' don't you understand then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024