Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Jono' De Guzman. 13:51 - Feb 19 with 6649 views_Kieran

Is a talented player, no doubt. I bet he would look awesome on the training ground.

But unless I'm going blind he can't pick a through ball to save his life nor has the speed/vision to do so.

For me he is the most frustrating player at Swansea City, especially when deployed as the #10. IDGAF about his pass completion statistics. Ki had awesome pass completion statistics and he didn't have many fans down here did he? Let's be honest. And he has looked a different player at Sunderland though, although his pass completion rate has dropped!

Back on topic, when trying to set something up 90% of the time he takes a day and then some more time to make a cuppa before he releases the ball, by then if he manages to get something off our attackers are offside and 95% of the time whilst doing this he gets the ball taken off him. The other 8% of time when he gets it off quickly he either over/under hits it, very rarely it comes off for him. The remaining 2% of the time when he releases it early it comes off for him but I honestly can't remember the last time he set up a goal from open play.

Having said that I'd rather the '8%' any time of the day rather than watching him get the ball taken from him, from a 2 yard head start.

Gylfi Sigurdsson + Pablo = Sh!t pass completion.

Would rather Luke Moore as a #10 at least he can pick a pass.

BUT despite my above criticisms he looked a different player in his run out at Stoke and his goal at Everton was my favourite JDG goal ever even though he's scored some stunners, simply because of the determination he showed to get on the end of it, it's not a characteristic I normally associate with De Guzman.

Have faith with GM!

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

'Jono' De Guzman. on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 5679 views_Kieran

Thoughts?

Talking sh!t?

Scope for improvement under new manager? (I agree with this)

Discuss.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:00 - Feb 19 with 5656 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Comparing Luke Moore to JDG is not really an arguemdnt .LM is a forward ,JDG is a midfielder .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:02 - Feb 19 with 5642 views_Kieran

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:00 - Feb 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Comparing Luke Moore to JDG is not really an arguemdnt .LM is a forward ,JDG is a midfielder .

Both have been deployed as the #10 though.

And LM was better at it.

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:02 - Feb 19 with 5641 viewsBackHeel

I like JDG, think he always looks best with Leon alongside him though....ideal midfield for me is Leon and JDG, with a fit Michu in front of them and Hernandez and Dyer out wide
'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:04 - Feb 19 with 5634 views_Kieran

Maybe the jab from Craig woke up him up? A delayed reaction? He was sharp at Stoke, then at Goodison!

#TheMonkTeam

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:04 - Feb 19 with 5627 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:02 - Feb 19 by _Kieran

Both have been deployed as the #10 though.

And LM was better at it.

I disagree there.

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:06 - Feb 19 with 5619 viewsDull1Thomas

Will he be our player next season?
Can't see it happening.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:06 - Feb 19 with 5616 views_Kieran

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:02 - Feb 19 by BackHeel

I like JDG, think he always looks best with Leon alongside him though....ideal midfield for me is Leon and JDG, with a fit Michu in front of them and Hernandez and Dyer out wide

Each to their own aye but my ideal midfield would be

----------LEON-------Michu

----------------Pablo----------

Pass completion. Goals. Physicality. Creativity.

Michu is one of the most energetic players in the squad, it's his position he's experienced in.

It's just my vision, I believe it would work.

Login to get fewer ads

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:07 - Feb 19 with 5606 views_Kieran

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:04 - Feb 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

I disagree there.

When was the last time JDG played a ball into any of our forwards like LM did at the Emirates to Michu?

Honestly, if he's done it this season I can't remember it. I know he's scored a couple of worldies...

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 5596 views_Kieran

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:06 - Feb 19 by Dull1Thomas

Can't see it happening.

I doubt we'd match their asking price unless he improves big time from now until the end of the season.

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:12 - Feb 19 with 5578 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He did it once at Arsenal .a basic one two with Michu .
He scored a nice goal against man city & that was basically it .
LM has the talent but he's not in JDG ,Michu ,Shelvey ,Hernandez league to play No 10 .

Hence he doesn't play for us any more .

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:16 - Feb 19 with 5559 views_Kieran

All I can ask for ultimately, if played, is that he matches the commitment shown at Stoke + Everton.

He doesn't 'cut it' defensively for me either but he's looking sharper recently, like quite a few of the lads. Pabloooooooooooooo.

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:25 - Feb 19 with 5522 viewsOdgaard

I think Luke Moore have shown that he dont belong in the PL.. he only scored 1 goal in the turkish league. I dont know, what people are seeing in him, other than he is better than Vasquez and Schechter.. But that is not a good argument to want him back..

I think when JDG is in shape, he is the best dynamic midfielder we have.. Sometimes i wish he could be a little more offensive in his play.. As a 10" i would rather have JJS, pablo or Michu when ready
'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 5483 viewsSCB1985

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:06 - Feb 19 by Dull1Thomas

Can't see it happening.

I thought he's on his last year of his contract . Might be wrong tho.

Poll: whats more important to you

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:45 - Feb 19 with 5448 viewsSCB1985

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:35 - Feb 19 by SCB1985

I thought he's on his last year of his contract . Might be wrong tho.

Just checked apparently he has a contract up to 2016

Poll: whats more important to you

'Jono' De Guzman. on 14:53 - Feb 19 with 5421 viewskopperburgjack

Haha great post I couldn't put it Better myself! I like the use of the percentages too haha, spot on.

Frustrating player, seems to walk around the pitch and he gives a decent ball/shot 1 in 15 attempts. But yeah under gm he seems to play better, starting with the Cardiff game!

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

'Jono' De Guzman. on 15:56 - Feb 19 with 5312 viewsDyfnant

Other than Liverpool away in the league cup, I'm struggling to recall JDG playing the #10 role

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:00 - Feb 19 with 5300 viewsDull1Thomas

'Jono' De Guzman. on 15:56 - Feb 19 by Dyfnant

Other than Liverpool away in the league cup, I'm struggling to recall JDG playing the #10 role

Other than few games this season I'm struggling to recall JDG playing !

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:15 - Feb 19 with 5269 views_Kieran

'Jono' De Guzman. on 15:56 - Feb 19 by Dyfnant

Do you honestly think he's effective in that 'link up' role of his? I reckon Michu could achieve 90%+ pass completion stats if asked to play the JDG link up / KI under ML role, whilst offering much more of a goal threat and defensively too.

'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:21 - Feb 19 with 5252 views_Kieran

To be honest even though Pablo KILLED the SCUM, 2 steps, 1 pass! Then went on to set up the leveler against Stoke I'm still seriously tampin' he 'gave it away' once, twice or ten times.

Anyone else feel the same way?

He needs to pass backwards and sideways more if he wants to be up there with the greats, IMO.

Barca weren't ready for this kinda technology.

"He's Tony Montana, he kills who he wants!" - Get it going!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:23]

'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:36 - Feb 19 with 5208 viewsmark555

How much are my paying to loan JDG per season?
'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:37 - Feb 19 with 5202 viewsinspector

iesu mawr mun.
'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:54 - Feb 19 with 5172 views_Kieran

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jonny De Guzman! He does that sh!t all the time. Messi on YouTube!

WILFRIEDDDDDDDDDD! #10. <3

Love the commentary. Class ball from 'Postello' to Michu, wish he could produce more of that. I still believe there's a top player in there somewhere, he's just a kid isn't he? He needs to learn lessons in composure from my boy Pabloooooooooo, he came on the pitch at West Ham like a mad 'ed, rushing everything, like the complete opposite of JDG (Under ML)

'Jono' De Guzman. on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 5088 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One possible problem with JDG is motivation, it didn't seem to matter how good or bad he played he still got picked by ML at the expense of others.
With GM in charge everybody is being evaluated to GM's standard and it certainly seemed to have improved JDG's play, although he seemed to disappear from the play towards the end of the Everton game.
'Jono' De Guzman. on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 4971 viewsDyfnant

'Jono' De Guzman. on 16:15 - Feb 19 by _Kieran

Do you honestly think he's effective in that 'link up' role of his? I reckon Michu could achieve 90%+ pass completion stats if asked to play the JDG link up / KI under ML role, whilst offering much more of a goal threat and defensively too.

Far more effective than Joe Allen was for us. I'd be very happy to see Michu and JDG swap roles, that'd be JDG best position IMO

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024