Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lap top repair 08:51 - Mar 3 with 2382 viewssatrdayboy

Can anyone suggest somewhere I can get a laptop repaired. Turned it on yesterday and it wouldn't start, it ran its own diagnostic and it says it's a disc problem. I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone had a used a local repairer. Thanks
Lap top repair on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 2360 viewspansypants

Carmarthen Market has a cracking repair service if that isnt too far.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Lap top repair on 09:54 - Mar 3 with 2350 viewsswanny

I'v used the one in the uplands in the past....more expensive than letting my boy do it, but at least I get the damn thing back in working condition

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Lap top repair on 09:54 - Mar 3 with 2349 viewsGretsch

Twintech in Neath are OK.

Windsor Rd
Lap top repair on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 2343 viewsBaker

Lash a couple of tramadol into the cd-rom slot, flex the screen back & forth a bit and book an appointment down the chiropractors.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Lap top repair on 12:09 - Mar 3 with 2289 viewsJonTheJack

PM sent
Lap top repair on 12:10 - Mar 3 with 2286 viewsllareggub

has your laptop been roughly handled lately if so its possible that the hard drive has become disconnected ........if so easy repair ..........the other scenario is that you have had a catostrophic hard drive failure in which case you will need a new hard drive ,not expensive but you will lose everything on your old disc an a copy of windows will need to be placed on it , depending on the age of the laptop id be tempted to throw a 2nd hand hd on it an run linux myself ............no viruses an very little malware
Lap top repair on 12:34 - Mar 3 with 2265 viewsstevethejack

Asan guy on Woodfield Street, Morriston (opposite side of the road to Iceland)
Lap top repair on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 2247 viewssatrdayboy

Thanks for your suggestions, yes it has been handled roughly. I have run a diagnostic check and disk failure is something that's come up. Thanks again
Login to get fewer ads

Lap top repair on 14:24 - Mar 3 with 2225 viewsllareggub

try removing the hard drive an re seating it just in case the rough handling has loosend the sata connectors somehow ....MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO THIS .
Lap top repair on 18:15 - Mar 3 with 2176 viewsClydachjack

Is it making a clicking noise when turned on?

If it is you will need a new hard drive as the head has hit the platter and destroyed the hard drive.
Lap top repair on 21:18 - Mar 3 with 2127 viewssatrdayboy

No clicking, it's starting but not getting past the windows logo, going to check hard drive tomorrow for any loose connection
Lap top repair on 21:46 - Mar 3 with 2110 viewsBYMJacks

hi i know the arc centre on stembridge avenue portmead do laptop repairs on Tuesdays about 1 or half past 1 and they do it completely free as well
Lap top repair on 22:28 - Mar 3 with 2081 viewsClinton

SwanCD in Tycoch. Done a couple of repairs for me on PCs. Professional and reasonable price.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Lap top repair on 22:45 - Mar 3 with 2074 viewsClydachjack

Have you tried booting into safe mode?
Lap top repair on 07:34 - Mar 4 with 2043 viewssatrdayboy

Yes tried in safe mode, it goes to screen where you you click on user name but no further. Thanks
Lap top repair on 08:20 - Mar 4 with 2029 viewsjack_lord

As a qualied IT engineer and accredited laptop fixer, I say burn it and claim on the insurance.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Lap top repair on 15:42 - Mar 4 with 1986 viewsClydachjack

Is this windows 7?
Lap top repair on 18:42 - Mar 4 with 1959 viewssatrdayboy

I've been put in touch with some one thanks to Jon the jack. Hopefully it can be sorted, thanks to all your suggestions some helpful others funny.
Lap top repair on 18:50 - Mar 4 with 1952 viewspansypants

If no joy try these, I think they have a van to pick up and deliver

http://www.computabilda.co.uk/
[Post edited 4 Mar 2014 18:51]

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024