Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Mountain bikers 19:11 - Mar 5 with 11916 viewsmax936

in der house? just thinking about investing in a new one and Im torn between 3, so after some advice.

Ta.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any Mountain bikers on 18:46 - Jun 12 with 2564 viewspansypants

Asics

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Any Mountain bikers on 19:22 - Jun 12 with 2560 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 18:43 - Jun 12 by max936

Been looking for ages for a pair of cycling shoes, bleeding expensive they are bloody hell, looked in Sports Direct at the Karrimor range of waterproof walking trainers, but they weigh a ton, but they seem the only decent type of shoe with a decent grippable sole. Ideas/thoughts fellas?

If it's mountain bikes, it's got to be shimano. Start at £40. Solid enough on the bike and look like a trainer when you walk into the pub for a few beers
Shimano mt range
Shop around, eBay, chain reaction, evans cycles, wiggle etc

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 19:37 - Jun 12 with 2553 viewsDaithejack

Any Mountain bikers on 18:43 - Jun 12 by max936

Been looking for ages for a pair of cycling shoes, bleeding expensive they are bloody hell, looked in Sports Direct at the Karrimor range of waterproof walking trainers, but they weigh a ton, but they seem the only decent type of shoe with a decent grippable sole. Ideas/thoughts fellas?

If your using flat pedals have a look at Five Ten shoes, I've got Five Ten Impacts that I use on my free ride bike, there the dogs bo#%cks, never slipped a pedal with them. Dont stop you falling off though! think I'm getting to old for it now!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Any Mountain bikers on 20:26 - Jun 12 with 2544 viewsmax936

Any Mountain bikers on 19:37 - Jun 12 by Daithejack

If your using flat pedals have a look at Five Ten shoes, I've got Five Ten Impacts that I use on my free ride bike, there the dogs bo#%cks, never slipped a pedal with them. Dont stop you falling off though! think I'm getting to old for it now!

Five Tens are brilliant, but they start at 60quid

Any Mountain bikers on 20:28 - Jun 12 with 2541 viewsmax936

Any Mountain bikers on 19:22 - Jun 12 by orion3016

If it's mountain bikes, it's got to be shimano. Start at £40. Solid enough on the bike and look like a trainer when you walk into the pub for a few beers
Shimano mt range
Shop around, eBay, chain reaction, evans cycles, wiggle etc

Looked everywhere, a proper MTB shoe starts at around 50 bucks.

Any Mountain bikers on 20:28 - Jun 12 with 2541 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 19:37 - Jun 12 by Daithejack

No spds mate
Have used bontrager, scott and specialized over the years
Find shimano the cheapest end versatile off the bike

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 20:45 - Jun 12 with 2538 viewsJackfath

I got these and I am very pleased with them. Very comfortable and can be worn as normal shoes although they are stiffer.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Shimano-MT33-SPD-shoes_40526.htm

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Any Mountain bikers on 20:49 - Jun 12 with 2536 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 20:45 - Jun 12 by Jackfath

I got these and I am very pleased with them. Very comfortable and can be worn as normal shoes although they are stiffer.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Shimano-MT33-SPD-shoes_40526.htm

I've got them

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Any Mountain bikers on 20:55 - Jun 12 with 2532 viewsmax936

Any Mountain bikers on 20:49 - Jun 12 by orion3016

I've got them

Been looking at this sort of stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-BLACK-LIGHTWEIGHT-L

Any Mountain bikers on 20:58 - Jun 12 with 2531 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 20:55 - Jun 12 by max936

Been looking at this sort of stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-BLACK-LIGHTWEIGHT-L

Do you clip in, use spd's?
If not then those are fine but if you don't or haven't clipped in, then there's a huge difference in pedalling efficiency

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 21:05 - Jun 12 with 2530 viewsmax936

Any Mountain bikers on 20:58 - Jun 12 by orion3016

Do you clip in, use spd's?
If not then those are fine but if you don't or haven't clipped in, then there's a huge difference in pedalling efficiency

Can't be doing the clip in stuff, it'll end in tears, tantrums and blood I promise you

Any Mountain bikers on 21:13 - Jun 12 with 2527 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 21:05 - Jun 12 by max936

Can't be doing the clip in stuff, it'll end in tears, tantrums and blood I promise you

I remember the 1st time I used them I told my mate that they were brilliant as we were stopping at a junction then just toppled over

But once you get used to them, slacken them right off and they are easy to clip out. The benefits of pulling on pedals at same time as pushing is huge

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 21:18 - Jun 12 with 2525 viewsJackfath

Huge difference. Give your legs a rest by "pulling" on the pedals rather than "pushing" down on them. I find them very comfortable and have only had one accident when I first put them on. Very pleased I bought them, although they look a little clunky on my new BMX.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Any Mountain bikers on 21:23 - Jun 12 with 2519 viewsdgt73

Any Mountain bikers on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jackfath

Huge difference. Give your legs a rest by "pulling" on the pedals rather than "pushing" down on them. I find them very comfortable and have only had one accident when I first put them on. Very pleased I bought them, although they look a little clunky on my new BMX.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Any Mountain bikers on 21:24 - Jun 12 with 2518 viewsJackfath

Any Mountain bikers on 22:34 - Jun 12 with 2501 viewsflavafridge

Best bet is to go and check out what fits you best, personally I prefer a hard tail to a soft tail but everyone is different. Have you thought about a hybrid, BMC to a really good one called the alpenchallenge if your looking to use it to commute as well
Any Mountain bikers on 00:17 - Jun 13 with 2488 viewsrob

Any Mountain bikers on 16:45 - Jun 12 by orion3016

Yes the one I didn't mention!
What type of riding you doing? That's built for the trail centres, cracking bike

Mainly mountain biking, ranging from trail centres like Afan, Brechfa, BPW, Cwm Rhaeder etc... to all the natural stuff up Brecon, Neath, Swansea and Afan Valleys. Wherever really, I'm not precious about where or what sort of stuff I ride.

For the past few year I've been riding a £500 hardtail Trek which has been great. Never thought I'd splash out on a bike like the Heckler!
Any Mountain bikers on 08:04 - Jun 13 with 2472 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 00:17 - Jun 13 by rob

Mainly mountain biking, ranging from trail centres like Afan, Brechfa, BPW, Cwm Rhaeder etc... to all the natural stuff up Brecon, Neath, Swansea and Afan Valleys. Wherever really, I'm not precious about where or what sort of stuff I ride.

For the past few year I've been riding a £500 hardtail Trek which has been great. Never thought I'd splash out on a bike like the Heckler!

Similar locations to me, you on strava?

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 10:37 - Jun 13 with 2451 viewsrob

yep
Any Mountain bikers on 11:16 - Jun 13 with 2445 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 10:37 - Jun 13 by rob

yep

Pm sent

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 12:28 - Jun 13 with 2430 viewsmax936

Im on map my ride, l tried strava but it drove me mad as l kept losing signal, are any of you fellas able to show me a route up to the Rhigos from either Tonmawr and up through the Windmills or up through Glyncorrwg, the burger van up in the car park there does a suberp chilli hotdog

Any Mountain bikers on 14:04 - Jun 13 with 2419 viewsorion3016

Any Mountain bikers on 12:28 - Jun 13 by max936

Im on map my ride, l tried strava but it drove me mad as l kept losing signal, are any of you fellas able to show me a route up to the Rhigos from either Tonmawr and up through the Windmills or up through Glyncorrwg, the burger van up in the car park there does a suberp chilli hotdog

I ride past the windmills when I do the wall /w2 at afan but I usually take the car over. I can tell you all about how to get to the east side of rhigos but not the west sorry

Be over there now after

Any Mountain bikers on 15:19 - Jun 13 with 2411 viewsmax936

Any Mountain bikers on 14:04 - Jun 13 by orion3016

I ride past the windmills when I do the wall /w2 at afan but I usually take the car over. I can tell you all about how to get to the east side of rhigos but not the west sorry

Bloody hopeless ew are mun

Any Mountain bikers on 17:06 - Jun 13 with 2396 viewsPacemaker

Any Mountain bikers on 15:19 - Jun 13 by max936

Bloody hopeless ew are mun

Easy Max!

Glyncorrwg route is up past ponds on same cycle path we rode on then across junction at end of cycle path, Heol Deryn I think it's called. After about 20metres turn into little lane to your left and you are then on forestry road, ride up steep hill through gate until you hit a junction, they are cutting down trees on left you must turn right.

You are now on the main East West forest track. Carry on heading East for a good few miles staying on main road you will come across construction traffic doing new wind farm and then come out on top of Rhigos. Turn left up a slight hill and burger van is about half a mile on left with cracking views of Brecon Beacons.

I will try and get up there with you but I am doing Goytre - Bryn- Afan Argoed- Glyncorrwg -Tonna canal and back tomorrow with my mate who has been moaning for a while he wants me to show him. Next weekend is Gower bike ride so perhaps the Sat after that?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Any Mountain bikers on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 2394 viewsJackfath

I bought a track pump yesterday. Been riding round on tyres at 40psi! Whacked them up to 100psi in a few pushes. Looking forward to seeing the difference!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024