Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread 10:42 - Mar 15 with 24623 viewsLord_Bony

V

Been waiting for someone to start so here goes...

We should win this everything is in our favour it is extremely rare for them to beat us at home.

Hopefully,we ll see the return of the big man himself today.

I m going for 2-1 to us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 1952 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

Really, really!!
When he got the push we were 12 in the league and in 2 cups.
Maybe we weren't playing well but we still aren't playing well.
Where are we now?

Come on, you know better than that. The league positions are relatively meaningless given how close it is. We were 10th at half time, so does that mean Monk has only been worse than Laudrup for 45 minutes?
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Mar 15 with 1877 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Fair play, that 2nd half stank to high heaven.

I was never convinced we were going to win that game even when we went ahead, there was always a feeling that we were incredibly fragile and just waiting for the opportunity to fall apart - maybe that was just me.

To be fair, we had a couple of opportunities to get the 2nd goal and had we done so I don't think WBA would have had the fight to come back and we'd all be singing a different song this evening.

I'm not getting carried away either way. Today was grim, but there's nothing to say we won't get a historic win at Goodison next weekend and we're the dog's bollocks again, hell, even that cartoon shower of sh*t down the M4 nearly got a point there today.

I've said it many years ago when it was bandied around about how he's being 'groomed'...I don't think Garry Monk is manager material, just a personal judgement on his personality; I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong (for as long as he's in that job).

I still think we have a squad of players good enough to stay up even if Kermit the Frog was manager, and that's what I'm clinging to. Whatever happens, if we do stay up, we'll be staggering over the finish line like a new born deer, and that's not acceptable with the quality of players we have.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 23:49 - Mar 15 with 1693 viewsmonmouth

I agree with FOAJP. I never felt we had a real grip of the game and the attitude when they came out after half time was just so passive.

That second half ....sheesh. We came out (again) with no intent and no fight. GM can say all he wants that he doesn't know what happened (and at least he's honest in how crap it was) but it really is his job to make sure that it damn well doesn't happen.

We are sure as sh1t in a bit of trouble now. I still think our players are a class above the rest, and it is only a few points to safety,but we have to get them, and that genuine scary fragility could still be our cataclysmic undoing. We need Shelvey back in the midfield. I reckon he's much more important than Michu in his directness and stature (and I never thought when we bought him that I'd be saying that). Off the scale now in concern no matter how much my logic circuit tells me we'll be ok.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 01:23 - Mar 16 with 1616 viewsStarsky

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Mar 15 by shingle

As i have been saying for months by messing about and not playing a second string outfit in the Europa league would be our downfall, , how the fcuk did our management think the players could play countless games and still keep the fresh and at the top of there game to compete at 100% against these teams in the Prem, also to all these regular long time forum members who kept saying we`ll be fine and able to do well in the Europa and Prem well what a bunch of fcuking dimwits you lot have proved yourselves to be.

Give it a rest FFS.
Are you saying that today's performance was down to tiredness from the Europa League?

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 03:52 - Mar 16 with 1569 viewssullemansarne

It gets more and more clear, that it was a terrible mistake to sack Mr. Laudrup.
What have the swans gained by that decision so far? Nothing But nothing...
Out of the FA cup, out of Europe League, poor performances and maybe soon relegation.

Monk is too unexperienced and his tactical management is a pity. Laudrup is an icon and would have done better in the clubs current situation.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 5:28]
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:29 - Mar 16 with 1501 viewsLord_Bony

It looks like a repeat of last season whereby we are on the beach waiting for the countdown.

Let's be honest we have nt showed any consistency for over a year now.sure we ve had some brilliant performances especially in Europe. The problem is one week we can look really sharp and solid against the best out there and the following play like a bunch of amateurs startled by the big occasion against a club we should thrash.

I still say it's the Norwich game that will decide our fate.

It's too late for any changes now,all we can do as fans is pray the team actually have the fight and spirit in them to want to stay up.Gary Monk also needs a master tactician by his side to advise....surely the board can see this as he was outwitted again yesterday by his opposite number.

Keep the faith.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 7:40]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:50 - Mar 16 with 1480 viewsWarwickHunt

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:29 - Mar 16 by Lord_Bony

It looks like a repeat of last season whereby we are on the beach waiting for the countdown.

Let's be honest we have nt showed any consistency for over a year now.sure we ve had some brilliant performances especially in Europe. The problem is one week we can look really sharp and solid against the best out there and the following play like a bunch of amateurs startled by the big occasion against a club we should thrash.

I still say it's the Norwich game that will decide our fate.

It's too late for any changes now,all we can do as fans is pray the team actually have the fight and spirit in them to want to stay up.Gary Monk also needs a master tactician by his side to advise....surely the board can see this as he was outwitted again yesterday by his opposite number.

Keep the faith.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 7:40]

Don't panic mun, Jenkins will be on the training gound with his "Swansea Way" input tomorrow...
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 08:06 - Mar 16 with 1460 viewsLord_Bony

Yeah maybe he can bring his mate Kenny Jackett with him to have word too.

Lord help us.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 08:44 - Mar 16 with 1410 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 08:06 - Mar 16 by Lord_Bony

Yeah maybe he can bring his mate Kenny Jackett with him to have word too.

Lord help us.

Perhaps Kenny could be the experienced sounding board that Monk needs?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 08:52 - Mar 16 with 1402 viewsPhaedrus

We could do with some defensive input for sure. Goal scoring hasn't been our problem.

(Here is a frankly nutty statistic. we have scored 1 more goal than Tottenham, and only conceded 6 more, yet they have 24 more points than us.)
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 8:56]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 09:03 - Mar 16 with 1372 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 08:44 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps Kenny could be the experienced sounding board that Monk needs?

Maybe,there's a thought they d certainly be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Could be a dynamic duo,who knows.

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 14:56 - Mar 16 with 1139 viewslibertine

i watched goals on sunday earlier and damn we had some chances in the first half

just couldn't finish

liverpool just had a penalty for hand ball in the box and we didn't get the right decision yesterday and against palace, both decisions cost us badly.

we played rubbish in the second half but it really doesn't help if the ref is on the other side, we might've won had he given us the correct decision.

These refs are costing us!!!!

then the butterfly effect may have occurred
Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 941 viewsWxmJax

3-2 baggies

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Mar 29 with 931 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea v WBA Official Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Mar 29 by WxmJax

3-2 baggies

could have done without that although I d suggest the capital is fecked now. 3rd place will go down to the wire.
Palace winning weird too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024