Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's going on lads? 06:47 - Apr 15 with 4977 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2604623/Swansea-war-Garry-Monk

Swansea's preparations for Sunday's home defeat by Chelsea were undermined by an amazing training-ground fight.

The extraordinary incident involved six players from the first-team squad and took place during a full-scale practice match last Wednesday.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins was left stunned after witnessing the fierce clashes between players.

Although he has not taken disciplinary action against those involved, Jenkins is becoming increasingly alarmed about the friction in the Swansea dressing room.

According to training-ground sources, there were three incidents during the high-tempo session organised by interim manager Garry Monk. It is understood players had to be separated after tempers flared and tackles got out of hand.

The incredible scenes will do nothing to help morale at the club.

Monk, who took over when Michael Laudrup was fired, is attempting to repair relations between the players and unite the squad as they try to avoid relegation.

Swansea lost 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday against Chelsea and went down to 10 men after Chico Flores was sent off for a second bookable offence.

Monk had organised the training game with the specific brief to get the 1-0 defeat at Hull five days previously out of the system.

Instead, it turned into an opportunity for players who have issues with the work ethic of team-mates to start picking fights.

Swansea have struggled to build on last season's success, when they qualified for the Europa League after beating Bradford in the Capital One Cup final.

This is not the first time the club's dressing room has been ripped apart by in-fighting among the players.

In January, Sportsmail revealed that Flores had picked up a brick during a row with Monk.

A member of the public witnessed the incident and called police, claiming Flores had grabbed a brick and threatened Monk with it.

Just two weeks later Laudrup, who led the team to a ninth-place finish in the Barclays Premier League last season, was fired.

Swansea have won just one of their last nine games in the top flight and stand three points above the drop zone ahead of Saturday's trip to Newcastle.

The club brought in a number of players last summer to help cope with the added demands of playing in the Europa League for the first time.

Wilfried Bony, who has been a success leading the attack since joining from Vitesse Arnhem, earns £58,000 a week, for example. But the influx of high earners has affected morale in the dressing room and Jenkins plans to make a number of strategic changes in the summer.

There are other issues at the club and a source claimed one player was caught refuelling with crisps at half-time in a recent match.
What's going on lads? on 07:29 - Apr 15 with 4904 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nothing out of the ordinary Frankie. We seem to have these things all the time nowadays , or so the press would have us believe. A bit of a worry though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What's going on lads? on 08:14 - Apr 15 with 4808 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

What's the cause though?

I know the whole Monk v Flores played out to your advantage seeing as it got rid of ML and id rather not mention the Derby at Liberty.
But is it Flores? Or the Continental contingent of the dressing room clashing with the old guard?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 8:15]
What's going on lads? on 08:43 - Apr 15 with 4709 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What's going on lads? on 08:14 - Apr 15 by FrankyBurrowsTash

What's the cause though?

I know the whole Monk v Flores played out to your advantage seeing as it got rid of ML and id rather not mention the Derby at Liberty.
But is it Flores? Or the Continental contingent of the dressing room clashing with the old guard?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 8:15]

Other reports are saying Chico wasn't involved and the problem was with some of the younger spaniards

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What's going on lads? on 09:09 - Apr 15 with 4610 viewsJethroJack

I reckon Chico took exception to the piss-taking over his new quiff.
Then he decided he'd get the club back by getting 2 feeble yellows on Sunday.

Ironically, his plan will back-fire because the inclusion of Amat (who is a more reliable defender) will ensure that we get the points needed to keep us up in the last 4 games.

So, thanks Chico!
What's going on lads? on 09:14 - Apr 15 with 4593 viewsBackHeel

who was involved?
What's going on lads? on 10:07 - Apr 15 with 4462 viewsharemscarem

This might be the real problem this year - players not comming along.

What's going on lads? on 10:09 - Apr 15 with 4456 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

Think Monk must be admired for placing the teams interests ahead of his own personal agenda.
We've seen it on many scales the manager having a tiff with a player and not selecting him.
Toshack and Savage, Craig Levin and Steven Fletcher for Scotland.
Villas Boas and Chelsea Old Guard. Even this season with Reports of Zaha Shagging the United Gaffers daughter.
Very Rarely do we see a manager put aside his own personal differences with a player for the best interests of the team.

Whether Amat is the better CB of the two in your opinion is irrelevant.
I personally couldn't comment on the differences between the two as I have not seen enough of them.
What's going on lads? on 10:18 - Apr 15 with 4416 viewsQuakerJack

What's going on lads? on 08:43 - Apr 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Other reports are saying Chico wasn't involved and the problem was with some of the younger spaniards

someone just text me and said vasquez was involved... can we not just put him on the next flight to Madrid out of Swansea airport?

That's regardless of whether he was involved or not.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

What's going on lads? on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 4400 viewsDarran

A Scummer is asking us whats going on?

Now that's surreal.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What's going on lads? on 10:25 - Apr 15 with 4385 viewsQuakerJack

What's going on lads? on 10:23 - Apr 15 by Darran

Now that's surreal.

what's that one about glass houses and throwing stones?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

What's going on lads? on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 4364 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

What's going on lads? on 10:23 - Apr 15 by Darran

Now that's surreal.

Have to laugh,when a decent conversation is taking place and a so called moderator comes on and lowers the tone with petty insults.

Darran if your going to post the same tripe on all of my posts then your a fairly boring individual.
What's going on lads? on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 4361 viewsDarran

What's going on lads? on 10:30 - Apr 15 by FrankyBurrowsTash

Have to laugh,when a decent conversation is taking place and a so called moderator comes on and lowers the tone with petty insults.

Darran if your going to post the same tripe on all of my posts then your a fairly boring individual.

Tell someone that cares.

What's going on lads? on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 4346 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

What's going on lads? on 10:30 - Apr 15 by Darran

Tell someone that cares.

Seriously have a word with yourself.
Your a moderator and you have responsibility.
But you act like a kid.

High time you started to act like an Adult..
What's going on lads? on 10:39 - Apr 15 with 4317 views_williams_

What's going on lads? on 10:33 - Apr 15 by FrankyBurrowsTash

Seriously have a word with yourself.
Your a moderator and you have responsibility.
But you act like a kid.

High time you started to act like an Adult..

I don't normally make a point of posting on here but I have to agree Darran is just talking crap in 99% of his posts! I read this and thought it strange that there were no bickering, name calling or snide remarks, then Darran joined in!! Someone needs to take over his role, then ban him!!
What's going on lads? on 10:43 - Apr 15 with 4293 viewsDarran

What's going on lads? on 10:39 - Apr 15 by _williams_

I don't normally make a point of posting on here but I have to agree Darran is just talking crap in 99% of his posts! I read this and thought it strange that there were no bickering, name calling or snide remarks, then Darran joined in!! Someone needs to take over his role, then ban him!!

Yeah that'll be it a Cardiff fan with all the problems at Cardiff posting on a Swansea forum isn't on a wind up when he posts about our problems.
I'm really sorry but I've been here too long not to see it.
Goodbye.

What's going on lads? on 10:48 - Apr 15 with 4265 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

What's going on lads? on 10:43 - Apr 15 by Darran

Yeah that'll be it a Cardiff fan with all the problems at Cardiff posting on a Swansea forum isn't on a wind up when he posts about our problems.
I'm really sorry but I've been here too long not to see it.
Goodbye.

How long have I been on here?
If I was a Wum would I not have posted a lot more?
Picked up on every little thing?

I have done neither..

But all you care about is trading insults.
Well keep sending them as they fall on deaf ears over here.

All your achieving is showing everyone how immature you actually are.
What's going on lads? on 11:00 - Apr 15 with 4197 viewsSpratty

What's going on lads? on 10:09 - Apr 15 by FrankyBurrowsTash

Think Monk must be admired for placing the teams interests ahead of his own personal agenda.
We've seen it on many scales the manager having a tiff with a player and not selecting him.
Toshack and Savage, Craig Levin and Steven Fletcher for Scotland.
Villas Boas and Chelsea Old Guard. Even this season with Reports of Zaha Shagging the United Gaffers daughter.
Very Rarely do we see a manager put aside his own personal differences with a player for the best interests of the team.

Whether Amat is the better CB of the two in your opinion is irrelevant.
I personally couldn't comment on the differences between the two as I have not seen enough of them.

and so innovative with the bench - got to be admired
What's going on lads? on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 4166 viewsmagicdaps10

If Michu and Canas were dropped because of this training fracas at such an important time of the season and whether it was down to Monk or the board then you can argue that we deserve to be relegated.

If they see Fulton a better option in the situation even under the circumstances of what happened during the game or before then god help the club.

petulant comes to mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

What's going on lads? on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 4163 views_

What's going on lads? on 10:39 - Apr 15 by _williams_

He's a sad, lazy no-mark who for some ridiculous reason been given moderator status - due to part laziness on Phil Sumbler's behalf (or lack of time most probably) and the sheer (sad) number of posts this pathetic creature makes on here.

Get rid...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What's going on lads? on 19:42 - Apr 15 with 3821 viewsOldjack

Calm down dears http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-training-ground-clashes-cha

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024