Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk 13:32 - Apr 15 with 2064 viewsdeanscfc

IF we get through this crisis then I hope the first thing Jenkins does is begin the interviews for a new manager. Whatever happened behind the scenes with laudrup, I'm fairly confident that we would have been on more points now had we kept him than we are under Monk. Firstly Monk has made some pretty obvious tactical blunders and secondly I'm not sure he commands the authority or respect from the players that any of our recent previous managers have. Stupid red cards, arguing in training, defeat after defeat - frankly it's all a bit of a shambles and the manager is the man who is supposed to sort those problems out.
Monk on 13:34 - Apr 15 with 2051 viewspansypants

Yeah our performance against Chelsea was disgusting wasnt it?

FFS!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Monk on 13:37 - Apr 15 with 2016 viewsLeonisGod

To be fair, things have carried on pretty much as they were under Laudrup. As you said, stupid red cards, arguing in training, defeat after defeat... It's been much of a muchness.
Monk on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 1959 viewsblaine_scfc

Monk on 13:37 - Apr 15 by LeonisGod

To be fair, things have carried on pretty much as they were under Laudrup. As you said, stupid red cards, arguing in training, defeat after defeat... It's been much of a muchness.

Agreed. So someone else is needed to sort it out, as Monk has proved he can't.
Monk on 13:45 - Apr 15 with 1951 viewsJACKARSE

Monk on 13:37 - Apr 15 by LeonisGod

yep very little improvement if any
Monk on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 1932 viewsdeanscfc

Monk on 13:34 - Apr 15 by pansypants

Yeah our performance against Chelsea was disgusting wasnt it?

FFS!!

Before the Chelsea game I started a thread about being sick of our regular valiant defeats. What on earth is the point of putting on a reasonable performance if you don't get any points? We simply can't beat a big side any more where as clubs around and even below us in the table have managed it. We might pass the ball around nicely, score a decent amount of goals and rarely not be in the game BUT we have absolutely no winning mentality any more.

We are dangerously close to being relegated and some of our staff and our fans need to wake up to that.

Having Monk as manager was a big mistake - ok it worked nicely against Cardiff, but then frankly is beating Cardiff really such an achievement? Everything about the Monk appointment was 'small time' and that is the way we are going. Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup for the most part (not right at the end) all got the players believing that we could beat anyone. There was an arrogance and tactically we were very good. I actually think that considering our injury crisis we were doing very well under Laudrup - Monk has no excuse other than inexperience/inability. But then he shouldn't have found himself in this position anyway.
Monk on 15:17 - Apr 15 with 1779 viewsperchrockjack

We need a hard man as manager which means nobbing off those who have ego issues and foreigners who wont mix with Brits. Newcastle have this problem with their foreign element.
More Brits for me please .Not to bothered about managers nationality but Koeman would be a big shout. Not a player to cross and not one as a manager Id have thought.
Things looking bleak right now but a win this Saturday will be massive as Newcastle ARE THERE FOR THE TAKING

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk on 15:21 - Apr 15 with 1761 viewsQuakerJack

Monk on 13:47 - Apr 15 by deanscfc

Before the Chelsea game I started a thread about being sick of our regular valiant defeats. What on earth is the point of putting on a reasonable performance if you don't get any points? We simply can't beat a big side any more where as clubs around and even below us in the table have managed it. We might pass the ball around nicely, score a decent amount of goals and rarely not be in the game BUT we have absolutely no winning mentality any more.

We are dangerously close to being relegated and some of our staff and our fans need to wake up to that.

Having Monk as manager was a big mistake - ok it worked nicely against Cardiff, but then frankly is beating Cardiff really such an achievement? Everything about the Monk appointment was 'small time' and that is the way we are going. Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup for the most part (not right at the end) all got the players believing that we could beat anyone. There was an arrogance and tactically we were very good. I actually think that considering our injury crisis we were doing very well under Laudrup - Monk has no excuse other than inexperience/inability. But then he shouldn't have found himself in this position anyway.

I agree with most of this. The only thing I will say is that with four games to go, it's irrelevant what any of us believes, we have our lot for this season and if the players can't unite and we have a manager who is part of that disunity, then us fans have to unite.

I am going to Newcastle on saturday and I'm gonna sing my heart out for the club I love and maybe, if the rest join me, the players will respond to this and realise that they need to pull together because we're Swansea City and we're all in this together.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk on 15:24 - Apr 15 with 1738 viewsperchrockjack

very good post quaker,and you got the board right. THIS is the place to bitch until match days.

FANS are worried although being ridiculed on here for being so not so long ago.
Football changes quickly and mugs us all.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk on 15:50 - Apr 15 with 1673 viewsClinton

Monk on 15:21 - Apr 15 by QuakerJack

I agree with most of this. The only thing I will say is that with four games to go, it's irrelevant what any of us believes, we have our lot for this season and if the players can't unite and we have a manager who is part of that disunity, then us fans have to unite.

I am going to Newcastle on saturday and I'm gonna sing my heart out for the club I love and maybe, if the rest join me, the players will respond to this and realise that they need to pull together because we're Swansea City and we're all in this together.

True. We have to stick together for the next four matches and sort it out at the end of the season.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Monk on 15:53 - Apr 15 with 1656 viewswaynekerr55

Monk on 15:17 - Apr 15 by perchrockjack

We need a hard man as manager which means nobbing off those who have ego issues and foreigners who wont mix with Brits. Newcastle have this problem with their foreign element.
More Brits for me please .Not to bothered about managers nationality but Koeman would be a big shout. Not a player to cross and not one as a manager Id have thought.
Things looking bleak right now but a win this Saturday will be massive as Newcastle ARE THERE FOR THE TAKING

I've said a million and one times that we need to get our defensive organisation sorted. They will pump high balls into the front man and we need to stop them winning the second ball.

I hope we stay up as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow the club

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk on 16:10 - Apr 15 with 1611 viewstomdickharry

Monk on 15:17 - Apr 15 by perchrockjack

Agree with that only difference being the name of a potential new manager,Marcelo Bielsa, anybody who can negotiate and survive the murky waters as team manager of Argentina and Chile and take Man Utd apart with Athletico Bilbao at Old Trafford on a European night will do for me.
Monk on 16:14 - Apr 15 with 1588 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk on 16:10 - Apr 15 by tomdickharry

Agree with that only difference being the name of a potential new manager,Marcelo Bielsa, anybody who can negotiate and survive the murky waters as team manager of Argentina and Chile and take Man Utd apart with Athletico Bilbao at Old Trafford on a European night will do for me.

He was available and still is (not for much longer though allegedly...)

Speaks volumes that we haven't approached him...
Monk on 16:18 - Apr 15 with 1570 viewsmonmouth

Monk on 16:14 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

To be fair we might have and he said, 'Rainy, cold South Wales, with partial views of Kilvey Hill through the mist? You must be joking old son, I'm waiting for the South of France'

But yeah, I doubt Huw's got him on speed dial.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk on 16:21 - Apr 15 with 1553 viewsQuakerJack

Monk on 16:14 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

Worries me that we can see this but the board haven't had the ambition or the desire to at least make an approach. Shows how small minded we are.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Monk on 16:22 - Apr 15 with 1550 viewsVetchitBack

Monk on 15:53 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

I've said a million and one times that we need to get our defensive organisation sorted. They will pump high balls into the front man and we need to stop them winning the second ball.

I hope we stay up as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow the club

A keeper who can organise the defence would be a huge step in the right direction.

So would a decent centreback to partner Ash.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Monk on 16:27 - Apr 15 with 1515 viewscoolair

Monk on 15:21 - Apr 15 by QuakerJack

You might believe that players really care if you sing or not. They don't. Especially if they are foreigner. They don't care if you where standing on your head in the middle of the pitch.

What they care about is their 58.000 £ a week

Understand that all the players bought by Laudrup just have one goal. To get the hell out of Dodge. It's not like Swansea can compete with London, Manchester, Liverpool , Dortmund, Sevilla, Madrid aso.

Thats why Swansea is going down. They want to take advantage of their relegation clauses and they you can sing from now on and till the moon turns green.
Monk on 16:47 - Apr 15 with 1458 viewsSwanseajill

Monk on 15:24 - Apr 15 by perchrockjack

very good post quaker,and you got the board right. THIS is the place to bitch until match days.

FANS are worried although being ridiculed on here for being so not so long ago.
Football changes quickly and mugs us all.

I'm used to being ridiculed Richie, all the time it was " Your not still watching that shower of **** are you"
But those days it was in the lower divisions.
I desperately want us to stay in this PL, and from the noise from the fans while playing against Chelsea so do all the fans.
But if we don't, as they say, the tables don't lie.
I'm a Swans fan, and as long as we are still in the football league. I'll be there.

ps...we won't go down
Monk on 18:14 - Apr 15 with 1318 viewsperchrockjack

LOR.
Ive not always been the sweet guy you know cos Ive been plenty beasdtly to people who ve said that to my face.
I have the most complete contempt for them.

Have to say clubs I admire are the likes of Sheff Utd , Wolves, Bradford to maintain their attendances wherever they play.

Swans not good enough in the 60s ?ok but now... no excuse people of that ilk should be sent to west Wirral where I will lock them in the Green Room and play at full blast the Complete Works of Gustav Mahler

Monk on 23:39 - Apr 15 with 1160 viewsblaine_scfc

Biesla is the one, ideal candidate. Possibly could of got him if we went in early but it looks like Marseille is a done deal.

It's Monks job, whatever league we are in, if we go down, the blame will be heaped on Laudrup. If we stay up, Monk is the saviour. It was decided weeks ago in my opinion.
Monk on 11:19 - Apr 16 with 984 viewscontroversial_jack

The performances have been better under Monk, but the same mistakes and issues are evident. The players are not good enough, we do not have enough quality. We need new players not a new manager.
Monk on 11:28 - Apr 16 with 967 viewsBrockley_Jack

I'm not too sure huw will get shot of Gary. By now huw will know the rotten core in the squad, coaching and management team. Knowing him as we all do, do you think he will let the rot fester for longer than he has to?
Remember when that old northbank boy has his 'night of the long knives'. If Gary monk is or is not the root cause, we will all finally know who is to blame.
Monk on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 936 viewssomersetsimon

Monk on 11:19 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

The performances have been better under Monk, but the same mistakes and issues are evident. The players are not good enough, we do not have enough quality. We need new players not a new manager.

I think this is partly true. There's certainly no depth to our squad. We're probably never going to have the money to afford two equally good players in each position, but we certainly something better. Our starting line-up on Sunday is good enough, but add de Guzman, Michu and Taylor and possibly Amat, and that's only 15 players that are PL quality.

On the other hand, our first 11 is definitely good to finish in the top half. Injuries and Europa League haven't helped, but the fact that we are struggling to survive with this team is surely a management and coaching issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024