Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 00:33 - Apr 21 with 15302 viewsLiberty

Some players need a lucky break when it comes to their career.

Think for the short time he has been with us, 2 loan periods, he has done enough to get a 3 year deal.

Made a big impact in the short time he has been given on both occasions, winner against Cardiff last time around and now he just helped keep us in prem. Relatively cheap and Monk believes in him.

Sign him up. Only 25, plenty more to come I reckon.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 13:05 - Apr 21 with 1961 viewsIAN05

Marvin Emnes on 12:57 - Apr 21 by Starsky

Well said Ian. I'm trying to say that were the highest possession stat team in the country and that can make us look toothless at times

We do appear toothless at times. Same can be said of other sides that play the possession game (Arsenal and Barca particularly). A lot depends on the tempo you start with and how much the opposition lets you play. Palace and W.Brom home were great examples, where we were allowed to play at will in 1st half and should have scored many more. Second half, both teams got tighter to us high up the pitch and we did indeed look toothless.

If we had the type of players who could really take advantage of situations when we are on top, we would never be in this position. That was why we were so good last year, as Michu was lethal in those situations.
Marvin Emnes on 13:06 - Apr 21 with 1955 viewssomersetsimon

Marvin Emnes on 11:46 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You'd think that with his close control and pace our Wayne should be given a chance at AM

Worth a try, especially if we can find ourselves a good left winger.
Marvin Emnes on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1936 viewssomersetsimon

Marvin Emnes on 11:19 - Apr 21 by AngelRangelQS

I like Emnes coming off the bench to be honest.

I genuinely think he gives us something different. He's quick, direct, big and quite unpredictable. Yes he's never going to be a starting 11 player but you do need players happy to be used off the bench.

If the price is right, I'd get him signed up

He's certainly a better backup forward than Shecter, Ngog or Vasquez! I don't know what sort of 2nd choice striker expect us to get. Whoever comes in will know they will be lucky to get 10 starts, Maybe a dozen or so sub appearances and a run out in the early rounds of the cups.
Marvin Emnes on 22:56 - Apr 27 with 1825 viewsAngelRangelQS

Contributed again yesterday
Marvin Emnes on 23:07 - Apr 27 with 1797 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 12:48 - Apr 21 by Banosswan

Haemorrhoids....

Either...
Marvin Emnes on 23:17 - Apr 27 with 1759 viewsLiberty

Marvin Emnes on 22:56 - Apr 27 by AngelRangelQS

Contributed again yesterday

He did indeed, a great option to have on bench.

Given more time with us, who knows what he'll achieve.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Marvin Emnes on 23:53 - Apr 27 with 1693 viewsdameedna

At one stage Marvin Emnes was in a front line of Craig Beattie (Dundee), Coterrill (Doncaster) and Cedric Van de Gun (Utrecht), supported by Kemy Agustien (Brighton) when he played against Wigan in the cup.

ME put in a good preformance and had Martinez looking at him. Has not had a good season at Boro due to new manager and maybe other factors. He can play a bit and is a realistic option despite the aspirations of some.
Marvin Emnes on 08:17 - Apr 28 with 1589 viewsGretsch

I always say some players are just suited to a team and environment Leon for instance.

Dont know if Id give him 3 years maybe a year loan to see how it goes
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 11:42 - Apr 28 with 1456 viewskopperburgjack

Me and my mates are convinced he won us the penalty in Newcastle because we sang his name from the second he came on to the second he won the penalty ahahah

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Marvin Emnes on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 1441 viewstomdickharry

If our ambitions stretch to a contract for Emnes then the cheap option programme is still in full swing. We showed the door to a player who is still far far better than Emnes will ever be, Danny Graham,why on earth a contract based on a couple of cameo performances is justified is beyond me.
Marvin Emnes on 12:50 - Apr 28 with 1384 viewsAngelRangelQS

Marvin Emnes on 11:57 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

If our ambitions stretch to a contract for Emnes then the cheap option programme is still in full swing. We showed the door to a player who is still far far better than Emnes will ever be, Danny Graham,why on earth a contract based on a couple of cameo performances is justified is beyond me.

Well he's done more this season than Vasquez, Lita or Schechter have ever managed.

Players capable and willing to come off the bench and make a difference (or cameos if you'd rather call them that) aren't exactly easy to come by.
Marvin Emnes on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 1314 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Marvin Emnes on 11:57 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

I seem to remember Danny Graham had some issues off the field?
Marvin Emnes on 14:14 - Apr 28 with 1295 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 14:05 - Apr 28 by A_Fans_Dad

I seem to remember Danny Graham had some issues off the field?

And a few on it...
Marvin Emnes on 14:15 - Apr 28 with 1288 viewsDarran

I'd definitely give Emnes a contract as a squad player.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 15:06 - Apr 28 with 1241 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Me too, not only is he fast and direct, he can play anywhere up front, which makes him a great squad player.
Marvin Emnes on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 1197 viewsOldjack

Can be a very tricky player ,i've alawys liked him, and that winner at lego land ,say no more

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Marvin Emnes on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 1139 viewsowainglyndwr

Yep same here would be a good back up or super sub
Marvin Emnes on 20:06 - Apr 28 with 1119 viewsjohnlangy

Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 by Darran

Marvin should start on Saturday before the pointless most inconsistent player we've ever had Hernandez.

I presume that's a joke.
Marvin Emnes on 20:08 - Apr 28 with 1113 viewsjohnlangy

Marvin Emnes on 09:35 - Apr 21 by Darran

Marvin should start on Saturday before the pointless most inconsistent player we've ever had Hernandez.

Only just noticed the date you wrote that. Pablo wasn't too bad after all was he.
Marvin Emnes on 09:57 - Apr 29 with 1004 viewsLord_Bony

I like Emnes he s a cool guy with bags if potential given a chance.

I hope he can get us another penalty by doing his thing running into the box again....if so it will be a hatrick. Three in a row.

Could we use this as a major tactic for the team come next season I would like to put to the panel?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Marvin Emnes on 10:05 - Apr 29 with 985 viewsperchrockjack

Only 25.? OMG
Anyway, I doubt many on here welcomed his loan signing as a real boost but he s been effective and that s all we can ask of players. He s quick as feck and is direct and most defenders hate this. He does know the way to goal and I d wager he could get a few goals for us if signed permanently. Seems we like him and vice versa and Ive a feeling we ll sign him up.

Its not fair to mention him in the same breath as the other afore mentioned players .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marvin Emnes on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 963 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 10:05 - Apr 29 by perchrockjack

Only 25.? OMG
Anyway, I doubt many on here welcomed his loan signing as a real boost but he s been effective and that s all we can ask of players. He s quick as feck and is direct and most defenders hate this. He does know the way to goal and I d wager he could get a few goals for us if signed permanently. Seems we like him and vice versa and Ive a feeling we ll sign him up.

Its not fair to mention him in the same breath as the other afore mentioned players .

The thing I have loved about the Swans, particularly in the last 10 years, is their ability to pick up bargain signings and watch their careers blossom under our development team/manager. We too k a punt on the likes of Rangel, Bodde, Williams, Pratley, Scotland, Britton, Trundle etc. More recently, Vorm, Michu, Taylor and even Bony seems to be the player that the experts are saying everyone missed out on.
Christ we gave a trial to your mate, Andy Robinson, a player who had been playing for Cammel Laird & he was instrumental in partnering Trundle in the earlier years of the Swansea City rise.
I just love it when it comes off.
When we signed Ngog & Emnes, despite it being a tad embarrassing at the time, I still hoped that we'd find yet another inspired bargain amongst them.
Ngog has disappeared without trace but Emnes for me has potential.
We still talk about the 'Monk £90million block tackle' at Wembley. What price can you put on Emnes's run into the box to win the injury time penalty at Newcastle?
That penalty changed everything for us.
The only danger for me is Emnes reverting to his reputation (at other clubs) of not giving a feck. What have we got to lose? Give him a one season contract to keep him on his toes.
And... for you oldies. Do you remember Cloughie used to do this just as well... Kenny Burns, John Robertson, Tony Woodcock...

It's just the internet, init.

Marvin Emnes on 10:27 - Apr 29 with 955 viewsJackSomething

Marvin Emnes on 10:25 - Apr 29 by Starsky

The thing I have loved about the Swans, particularly in the last 10 years, is their ability to pick up bargain signings and watch their careers blossom under our development team/manager. We too k a punt on the likes of Rangel, Bodde, Williams, Pratley, Scotland, Britton, Trundle etc. More recently, Vorm, Michu, Taylor and even Bony seems to be the player that the experts are saying everyone missed out on.
Christ we gave a trial to your mate, Andy Robinson, a player who had been playing for Cammel Laird & he was instrumental in partnering Trundle in the earlier years of the Swansea City rise.
I just love it when it comes off.
When we signed Ngog & Emnes, despite it being a tad embarrassing at the time, I still hoped that we'd find yet another inspired bargain amongst them.
Ngog has disappeared without trace but Emnes for me has potential.
We still talk about the 'Monk £90million block tackle' at Wembley. What price can you put on Emnes's run into the box to win the injury time penalty at Newcastle?
That penalty changed everything for us.
The only danger for me is Emnes reverting to his reputation (at other clubs) of not giving a feck. What have we got to lose? Give him a one season contract to keep him on his toes.
And... for you oldies. Do you remember Cloughie used to do this just as well... Kenny Burns, John Robertson, Tony Woodcock...

Flat out love this post. Apologies for the gushing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Marvin Emnes on 10:46 - Apr 29 with 922 viewsdameedna

Marvin Emnes on 10:27 - Apr 29 by JackSomething

Flat out love this post. Apologies for the gushing.

Neil Taylor, Ben Davies, Leon Britton, Alan Tate, Sam Ricketts, who next, Fulton maybe Emnes
Marvin Emnes on 10:52 - Apr 29 with 911 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 10:46 - Apr 29 by dameedna

Neil Taylor, Ben Davies, Leon Britton, Alan Tate, Sam Ricketts, who next, Fulton maybe Emnes

Shelvey by the looks of it (see Newcastle interested)
Gwion Edwards is looking good too. :)

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024